Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pablo’s Ballistic Battery change showcase.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Summary of changes:

•    ⁠Activating Ballistic Battery is now a one-handed action, so it can be performed while moving and shooting.
•    ⁠Damage cap increased from 1,600 to 5,000 (affected by Ability Strength).
•    ⁠Ballistic Bullseye augment changed from status chance to final crit damage, explained as: "Crit that applies after mods. It doesn't apply to just the base, it applies to the final amount and it's 50% extra damage.

“its added at the end, so 30% crit becomes 80% crit"
Best guess now is the augment might be 50% additive crit chance, added after all other mods. (r/purple shoe summary) 

My thought is, putting this up against a helminth ability like Pillage especially with the armor strip rework incoming, I still don’t see this getting used by myself. The only way I would use this over any other helminth ability is if the cap was completely removed and had infinite punch thru. What are the communities thoughts on this rework to her 1? Fellow Mesa players what are your thoughts? 

Its a pretty good improvement TBH. Especially with the augment. I don't really thing huge single-shot things like this are terribly useful but they certainly may have a role against sentient enemies but the big targets that would actually benefit from such big damage have damage attenuation so unless ballistic battery bypasses damage attenuation it is still not that useful compared to... you know... Peacemakers...

I mean its an improvement, but I agree with your points. I can't really see it competing well with other Abilities that many of us have subsumed there. So its like, good for those who might not have access to subsume yet, or just really like that specific ability and want it to be better. Maybe it could be good against certain bosses. I'd probably try some testing to see. The more I think about it, I could see myself having a loadout just for this augment and build. So success. 

I no longer consider it the worst power.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)YoungGunn82:

Summary of changes:

•    ⁠Activating Ballistic Battery is now a one-handed action, so it can be performed while moving and shooting.
•    ⁠Ballistic Bullseye augment changed from status chance to final crit damage, explained as: "Crit that applies after mods. It doesn't apply to just the base, it applies to the final amount and it's 50% extra damage.

Best guess now is the augment might be 50% additive crit chance, added after all other mods. (r/purple shoe summary) 

My thought is, putting this up against a helminth ability like Pillage especially with the armor strip rework incoming, I still don’t see this getting used by myself. The only way I would use this over any other helminth ability is if the cap was completely removed and had infinite punch thru. What are the communities thoughts on this rework to her 1? Fellow Mesa players what are your thoughts? 

it doesn't matter. because problems from mesa are not addressed...

he doesn't play warframe at all and tests everything against normal lvl 30 opponents... O.M.G.!

because what can mesa do against Nullifier? on sp there are usually more than 3+ and then I'm dead!

CoarseYearlyCaterpillar-size_restricted.

Just more of the same; giving you a damage boost to help one-shotting heavy units. The only problem Battery ever had was that the scaling was bad and enemies are too weak to bother.

But with the Eximus rework this could be a viable and relatively cheap solution for people who're still managing to struggle against them. Outside from that yeah it'll still be pretty bad for anyone who doesn't need more damage.

Hard to get around it being gimmicky.  But "improved and gimmicky" is more fun than "bad and gimmicky".  And it makes me mildly interested in picking up Mesa again, which I didn't think was possible.

Seems like it'll get goofy with the 3x headshot multiplier.  And naturally that leads right into gas/electric, which have the advantage of getting around the single target issue to an extent.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

he doesn't play warframe at all and tests everything against normal lvl 30 opponents... O.M.G.!

He's literally going up against Steel Path enemies in that clip

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

because what can mesa do against Nullifier? on sp there are usually more than 3+ and then I'm dead!

Every casting-based frame gets countered by Nullifiers, so you're supposed to counter them by bringing either Miter with the augment, or a fast fire-rate weapon (even Amps can do the job), OR if you're skilled enough, you can one-shot the Nullifier drone with a precision weapon

1 hour ago, BatVenomPL said:

Every casting-based frame gets countered by Nullifiers, so you're supposed to counter them by bringing either Miter with the augment, or a fast fire-rate weapon (even Amps can do the job), OR if you're skilled enough, you can one-shot the Nullifier drone with a precision weapon

No, the correct counter is going up to their face and either A) shooting that face off or B) meleeing their butt into the ground.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, the correct counter is going up to their face and either A) shooting that face off or B) meleeing their butt into the ground.

Not always a great idea when you're using a Warframe that's really squishy and relies on abilities to survive, unless you've got Rolling Guard

4 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I can kinda see this potentially being useful in Eidolon hunts, but then I think about it and it requires to much prep time tbh. 

I can see use for meme runs like fishing pole and mining laser dps. As flat damage is much needed to make it work

Seems like it's still a terribly-bad ability to me. It only applies to a single damage instance (doesn't even work on multishot), so that's just a pure +5000 damage you have to charge still, and it's pretty clunky to use. It would probably be better just to put on Roar or Xata's Whisper if you need more damage.

If you really want to fix it, maybe make the ability toggle-able where it automatically unloads itself into shots (consuming energy as it currently does) while the ability is active.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Summary of changes:

DE is seriously trying to buff frames now. I've never been so excited about small changes like these as I am now.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Fellow Mesa players what are your thoughts? 

it's probably about as good as that existing ability is ever going to be, but IMO it should still be scrapped. in favour of being able to quickdraw a Regulator, shoot the nearest enemy in the face and holster, all in the blink of an eye; Mesa is supposed to be gunfighter themed, so it's criminal that she can't do this IMO:

"Quickdraw"

- in the blink of an eye, Mesa pulls and fires one Regulator pistol at the nearest enemy's head, then holsters the Regulator.

- Damage is determined by Regulator's stats, but the shot is aimed at the enemy's head, so headshot multipliers are also factored in, and this results in more damage per shot than a Peacemaker bullet, at the cost of only striking a single target before needing to be recast; Peacemaker will still be more efficient vs groups.

- energy cost is much lower than using Peacemaker, and the ability is one handed, so full mobility is retained. now both Quickdraw and Peacemaker will have their place; Quickdraw for single targets and remaining mobile, and Peacemaker for when you need to take down groups and are fighting defensively. 

Quick Draw GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's probably about as good as that existing ability is ever going to be, but IMO it should still be scrapped. in favour of being able to quickdraw a Regulator, shoot the nearest enemy in the face and holster, all in the blink of an eye; Mesa is supposed to be gunfighter themed, so it's criminal that she can't do this IMO:

"Quickdraw"

- in the blink of an eye, Mesa pulls and fires one Regulator pistol at the nearest enemy's head, then holsters the Regulator.

- Damage is determined by Regulator's stats, but the shot is aimed at the enemy's head, so headshot multipliers are also factored in, and this results in more damage per shot than a Peacemaker bullet, at the cost of only striking a single target before needing to be recast; Peacemaker will still be more efficient vs groups.

- energy cost is much lower than using Peacemaker, and the ability is one handed, so full mobility is retained. now both Quickdraw and Peacemaker will have their place; Quickdraw for single targets and remaining mobile, and Peacemaker for when you need to take down groups and are fighting defensively. 

Quick Draw GIFs | Tenor

Absolutely agree. 

8 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

And any word about peacemaker being AFK turret?

? Peacemaker is not a AFK turret.

Peacemaker requires LOS, to hold down the trigger to fire and for you to point the reticle at the enemy center mass for x amount of seconds in order to ramp up to full damage out put, or the damage out put resets as well as the fire rate. Peacemaker hasn’t been a afk turret for literally yearsss. Please read about he ability before spouting nonsense 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Peacemaker

Archived