Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When some people say the upgrade is fine.

ZhouYTMartin

Try another prime assault rifle in Tiberon Prime instead. Burst mode allows you to control ammo usage, accuracy, drop off, and damage. I tried with a worse build than yours and it worked great and by thr end of the mission I still had basically full ammo lol. Granted I used Knell/Laetum for acolyte but thats it.

1 hour ago, ZhouYTMartin said:

Well, here's your problem

1. You rely on hunter munitions to deal slash that relies on base damage

2. Status chance is too low to proc viral to boost damage

3. Armor in SP is very high so brute forcing it will take a lot of time and bullets, putting importance on support role 

4. No ammo mutation mod (Rifle ammo mutation/Vigilante Armaments)

Change Primed Cryo Rounds to Rime Rounds/High Voltage, add ammo mutation, change Hunter Munitions to punch through (Metal Auger, Shred or Vigilante Offense) add armor stripping ability as support such as Unairu then check the result

8 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Well, here's your problem

1. You rely on hunter munitions to deal slash that relies on base damage

2. Status chance is too low to proc viral to boost damage

3. Armor in SP is very high so brute forcing it will take a lot of time and bullets, putting importance on support role 

4. No ammo mutation mod (Rifle ammo mutation/Vigilante Armaments)

Change Primed Cryo Rounds to Rime Rounds/High Voltage, add ammo mutation, change Hunter Munitions to punch through (Metal Auger, Shred or Vigilante Offense) add armor stripping ability as support such as Unairu then check the result

This is even worse than the regular build how do you even do that

1 hour ago, ZhouYTMartin said:

I really try to finish a SP mission with a fully up grade SOMA PRIME, which was the best one of all assult rifle.

Here is the result, I out of the ammo after kill 64 enermies

The accuce is 72% and I caused 25 headshot, which means I did not waste ammo.

My build, an stander build for neally all knids of rifle, expect kuva.

In short, this upgrade did not solve rifle's problem at all.🙃

ammo drum giving you 90% more ammo would have been more than enough for you to complete this mission otherwise i think your build is fine for killing SP baddies up to level 200.

use ammo mutation mods if you wish to keep your ammo pool topped up,

7 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

This is even worse than the regular build how do you even do that

Define "regular build" because I go with armor stripping to soften enemies and using both critical and status. If you can add radiation/cold for bonus damage against alloy armor to pair with corrosive +75% against ferrite armor it would be better

14 hours ago, ZhouYTMartin said:

I really try to finish a SP mission with a fully up grade SOMA PRIME, which was the best one of all assult rifle.

edit (reviewed his build with both eyes open this time)

remove serration, add a bane mod. since you're running hunter munitions, run merciless instead of deadhead. put an ammo mutation mod in your exilus slot.

but overall unfortunately soma prime has fallen so far behind due to its low base damage. you can run much better weapons honestly 

rifles in general really need something other than increased headshot multiplier to actually be useful. a lot of them have IPS but Puncture and Impact are useless. bandaids like hunter munitions and internal bleeding don't actually solve the problem. shame that DE doesn't understand that.

I don't have screen shot but here is me doing SP void fissure with k.hind.

I switched to mighty k. Seer mid mission just to show both primary and secondary. As you can see, my k.hind has no ammo mutation mod or bane mod or even exilus mod, and it is still doing fine with no ammo issue.

https://youtu.be/ueuJrxsoqjY

I don't have soma prime, but I noticed you are using Inaros. SP grineer is hard as steel. How about some armor strip? Maybe corrosive build? Also replace serration with galv scope - the same reason you dump pressure point when you are running conditional overload, the damage gain is minimum. 

17 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

remove serration for galvanized scope.

unfortunately soma prime has fallen so far behind due to its low base damage.

rifles in general really need something other than increased headshot multiplier to actually be useful. a lot of them have IPS but Puncture and Impact are useless. bandaids like hunter munitions and internal bleeding don't actually solve the problem. shame that DE doesn't understand that.

I have never understood how bad the forums are at building weapons until now

17分钟前 , Currilicious 说:

Let me get this straight. You are went into an end-game mode, with just a rifle without building in any synergy from the rest of your gear. And you're disappointed you're not insta-stomping? Well were you expecting a Wukong twin with a Kuva Zarr to do the work for you perhaps?

Alright now......I don't agree with OP choice of arsenal but constructive and objective criticism, please.

2 hours ago, deucich said:

Just made a run for Steel path - Adaro, using nothing but Soma prime. Ammo never dropped lower than 400.

. . .

Hah, I just did it too with this incredible build :P :

Corrosive Cold ain't something you see every day.  And I don't recommend it.   I would have been better served with a 30% bane mod or HM.   I was curious if cold might help my accuracy though, and I think it did:  81% with 47 headshots. 

Roar, like the OP, but on Nezha.  I only used it and Halo, except when an Acolyte and the G3 showed up.  I chakram'd them. 

I don't think I got lower than 300 ammo.

3 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

rivenchair1121 given out rivens, yo

3 hours ago, Currilicious said:

Let me get this straight. You are went into an end-game mode, with just a rifle without building in any synergy from the rest of your gear. And you're disappointed you're not insta-stomping? Well were you expecting a Wukong twin with a Kuva Zarr to do the work for you perhaps?

^This. DE wants to get people experimenting and using their whole arsenal, not just the one weapon. Pair the Soma with something that can armor strip, so either Unairu, or if you've subsumed Styanax? Slap his Tharros Strike on whichever 'frame you desire.

I'll play about with some Soma builds later, but personally I use the Kuva Karak over it. Shreds SP just fine when built around Deadhead/headshots.

A few people have said Soma P isn't the best assault riffle anymore but noone's really listed what are so here's a list of better ones from my own testing, using an identical build on all of them so not even tweaking to play to each individual weapon's strengths and weaknesses. And only accounting for their auto fire setting for weapons that have multiple fire modes. Against enemies that don't have any sort of status immunities.

Build was: Serration, Split chamber, Point strike, Vital sense, Hunter munitions, Rime rounds, Malignant force, Vigilante armaments. Low cost general hybrid build with no conditional buffs or timers for the sake of testing consistency. Not what I'd recommend as an actual late game build.

Kuva Hind, Kuva Karak, and Kuva Quartak, Tenora Prime, Baza prime, Trumna, and Fulmin.
Trumna and tenora prime were actually missing Vigilante armaments in my tests, and trumna had one of the elemental mods at rank 0, due to me having never forma'd the weapons, and they still out preformed Soma prime.
All consistently killed lv190 heavy gunners in the simulacrum a full second faster than soma prime. Which is pretty substantial. Especially for the two that were under modded.
Tho I excluded alt fires from the test, Kuva Quartak's alt fire is shockingly powerful against single targets.
Honerable mention to shalta which preformed about the same as SomaP. But has an extremely powerful AoE alternate fire.
I did try Acceltra and it killed slightly faster than the rest but it had ammo economy issues even before the changes and boy is it feeling them.
I know we're all also thinking about Phenor but I excluded it because of it's requirement to achieve full auto. It's probably the true assault riffle champion currently tho.

Soma prime has 1 thing above the rest of them. It has the highest crit damage stat, and tied a few of them for the highest crit chance. Which makes it theoretically better specifically against status resistant enemies. But that's a difficult theory to test.
Tenora Prime beats it in max ammo, and matches it's magazine capacity, so it's old claim to fame of the largest clip size no longer holds up.

I know simulacrum is different from in mission experience, specialized builds will preform differently, and each weapon will preform differently against different factions exct exct. But that's a lot of extra work and I'm fairly confident all of these are strictly better than Soma prime all around

11 hours ago, ZhouYTMartin said:

Why are you trying to put status on a purely Crit weapon, I never have problems with my Some Prime running out of ammo, shoot for the head enemy dies.

Why did you cut off your left hand stats panel.

9 hours ago, AzureScion said:

Try another prime assault rifle in Tiberon Prime instead. Burst mode allows you to control ammo usage, accuracy, drop off, and damage. I tried with a worse build than yours and it worked great and by thr end of the mission I still had basically full ammo lol. Granted I used Knell/Laetum for acolyte but thats it.

Tiberon Prime goes really well in Steel Path once you stick the mod Critical Precision on it, gives it a nice boost. 

Edit:
According to your MR12 Profile if I found it properly, you don't have the Soma Prime yet, only the normal Soma, explains why you're having trouble with it.

You don't have the Tiberon or Prime yet either so that'll make it hard what players are trying to help you with that guns info.

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Tiberon Prime goes really well in Steel Path once you stick the mod Critical Precision on it, gives it a nice boost. 

Uh... well, not trying to undermine or anything but Critical Precision requires you to constantly get headshots.. if you don't you messed up the buffs. 

I don't think asking people who used to shoot rockets at their feet to start aiming for headshots is a realistic expectation lmao

3 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Uh... well, not trying to undermine or anything but Critical Precision requires you to constantly get headshots.. if you don't you messed up the buffs. 

I don't think asking people who used to shoot rockets at their feet to start aiming for headshots is a realistic expectation lmao

Haha yes that would be a big change, though only one bullet from each burst has to hit the head to keep the buff.

Archived