Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give an Option to Not Join Prime Resurgence

.LeiA._

23 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

I get that used to - if I bought 6 relic packs from a Syndicate (say, when a new Prime is released) I'd get some of the unvaulted relics in the RNG rolls.  Now, instead, I get Aya in their place. 

I feel like I'm probably not grasping something obvious, but isn't the Aya at least as useful or just as useless as the unvaulted relic you would have gotten?

24 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

It's not even an random relic that I randomly equip one day just to equip one - but something I have to go through 2 loading screens to use to buy an random relic that I randomly equip.

Oh, one nice change they made this time around is you can access Varzia through the Market instead of going in person. So there's screen transitions, but no awful loading screens or dealing with the Bazaar hub.  Still slower than just getting a random unvault relic assigned to you by RNG and ignoring it forever, but it's a lot better than it was.

Here is a simple solution for your whole problem if you want to implement anything.  Give Varzia a "Relic Pack" Option, theoretically it would be 1 to 1 so you'd get 3 relics for 3 aya.  But I could see them trying to prevent mass relic harvesting and make it like 10 Aya for a relic pack, that way you can't just stockpile relics.

(Then again you'd probably want them to make it to where you can buy any relic regardless of what's currently available.)

Also you could just, idk, Sell the relics you get for Plat.  I mean nothing is stopping you from doing that, even if they are only worth 5 plat(but the prime parts are probably worth more).  Or how about just using them as trash relics for traces and ducats?

Just because you can't directly benefit from them, doesn't mean Aya is pointless.  And the system is actually better then the old one if you go into a technical standpoint, as NEW players don't have to waste time farming the same location for 20+ minutes for an Axi Relic that you need the rarest drop from.

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We never really considered an opt out of getting Aya, since it's our view that getting Aya is a better reward than any specific relic: Aya can be turned in for YOUR CHOICE of a relic. It's like a wildcard relics.  Even if you don't specifically need any of the resurgence items on offer, you can trade your Aya for a relic and it would no different than getting a random relic like you would have in the old system.  Turning in Aya for traces or ducats is really only intended as a secondary offering for people that have a crazy amount of Aya and just want to cash out immediately rather than do the normal get relic/open relic path.

Does that make sense?

The relics in the drop tables are not the same as the relics provided through resurgence. It's not like 'hey this node drops Garuda and Revenant relics, you wanted Revenant but you got an aya which you can trade for a Garuda relic which would be the same as getting the other option cuz of rng'. It's more like 'this node drops Garuda and Revenant relics but you got an aya which you can trade for a Mag relic' 

It's not our choice and it's not a wildcard. It's a token for a very specific limited time pool relic which is determined by DE. The standard drop tables are polluted to get players to look at the screen that also provides real money purchases. 

5 minutes ago, tabernacl said:

The relics in the drop tables are not the same as the relics provided through resurgence. It's not like 'hey this node drops Garuda and Revenant relics, you wanted Revenant but you got an aya which you can trade for a Garuda relic which would be the same as getting the other option cuz of rng'. It's more like 'this node drops Garuda and Revenant relics but you got an aya which you can trade for a Mag relic' 

It's not our choice and it's not a wildcard. It's a token for a very specific limited time pool relic which is determined by DE. The standard drop tables are polluted to get players to look at the screen that also provides real money purchases. 

The vaulted relics are in the normal rotations and relic packs contain all available relics. You aren't pulling Aya instead of a Garuda or Revenent relic, you are pulling it instead of the Mag relic that would have been part of the pool.

30 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I feel like I'm probably not grasping something obvious, but isn't the Aya at least as useful or just as useless as the unvaulted relic you would have gotten?

You and me both.

When you get Aya you would have gotten a useless relic anyway.  Instead of lots of relics polluting your screen it's now limited to a single resource you can stockpile.

Sure not many are jazzed about Wukong and Equinox Prime.  But what happens when some of the more popular weapons and frames are available.

Then you can focus farm the more valuable items.

Also Aya was nerfed in the drop tables because of this flexibility meaning other places such as the void or Lua will drop new relics more reliably. 

40 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, one nice change they made this time around is you can access Varzia through the Market instead of going in person. So there's screen transitions, but no awful loading screens or dealing with the Bazaar hub.  Still slower than just getting a random unvault relic assigned to you by RNG and ignoring it forever, but it's a lot better than it was.

I did not know Varzia was in the Market.  That at least saves time with loading screens.

Yeah, the Aya is pretty much useless (to me), though.  I think I'm supposed to be excited by it (as a game mechanic), but since I have all primes (bar the new this week), I'm not.  I guess I could build a 3rd Equinox Prime if I wanted?  Or if I sold items to others for plat, it would be useful.

I'm just thinking that since I'm probably supposed to be excited by getting Aya (RNG/gatcha/loot box game design), the only way that would be possible is if I could buy the Revenant/Tatsu/Phantasma relics with it.  Which I can't.  At least with the non-Aya relic pack items I have to read a bit to see if I'm happy.  Aya is an obvious "lose" roll (for me).

5 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

The vaulted relics are in the normal rotations and relic packs contain all available relics. You aren't pulling Aya instead of a Garuda or Revenent relic, you are pulling it instead of the Mag relic that would have been part of the pool.

So the resurgence event is basically saying 'there is no vault system all relics are in the game spread across the board, but instead of the relic you get a token for the relic' This isn't meant as a rebuttal. More of an ask for clarity. 

hace 3 horas, [DE]Momaw dijo:

We never really considered an opt out of getting Aya, since it's our view that getting Aya is a better reward than any specific relic: Aya can be turned in for YOUR CHOICE of a relic. It's like a wildcard relics.  Even if you don't specifically need any of the resurgence items on offer, you can trade your Aya for a relic and it would no different than getting a random relic like you would have in the old system.  Turning in Aya for traces or ducats is really only intended as a secondary offering for people that have a crazy amount of Aya and just want to cash out immediately rather than do the normal get relic/open relic path.

Does that make sense?

When I buy relics pack I do it looking for the newer ones.

Always could be new Prime items, but Vaulted items are limited. Of course they will increase vaulted list with the current prime items after time, but this is irrelevant for current players that are getting the current prime items now. So we don't care about future vaulted items. Clearly, the need of Aya is also just limited. Plus the current relics that I don't need now will be relics of vaulted items in future, so again, to get Aya has less value than to get a relic.

Honestly, NO, it doesn't make any sense for current players.

First, because the point of view that the Aya is a better reward.... - NO

Second, "Aya can be turned in for YOUR CHOICE of a relic...." my choice? if the relics available for the Aya coin are all them out of my desired choice... - NO.

I really prefer a relic today that will be a vaulted items relic tomorrow.

Now with Aya reward you are putting a limit to the players for to get the current relics.

I also want to keep relics packs out of the Prime resurgence. PLEASE.

hace 1 hora, (XBOX)Shodian dijo:

Have you considered finding someone to trade the old relics with the new ones to you?

Friend, I don't have time for to add more useless chores to this game. we have enough already.

50 minutes ago, EchoEagle said:

that way you can't just stockpile relics.

Also you could just, idk, Sell the relics you get for Plat.

Just some info from someone who's played a lot (but not nearly as much as others, so my numbers will be nowhere near the highest.

Lith Radiants - 481 in my inventory - only 86 of them are unvaulted.

Meso Radiants - 136 - 35 unvaulted

Neo - 12 - all vaulted

I was going to count intact relics, too, but that number is much higher.  These are just rewards from ESO over the past year or so.  Not sure what stockpiling relics really means in this context.

As for selling them to others - I simply don't engage with the trading in WF (as a seller) due to no auction house.  I know why there's no AH, so I don't expect one (though I would like one), but since it's just direct trades, I just don't think listing things on WF.market, being in game and waiting around for someone to message me is worth any of my time.  As a buyer, I've bought probably just under 20 items from other players (WF is a grinding game, and I've completed 665/685 items in my profile - missing one hidden and I have 7 Kuva/Tenet items collected but not completed - so I am missing 14 items - and I like that I've farmed up almost all of those 672 items I own/have completed).

I'm not expecting any changes, but I happen to have 19 Aya, without trying to get any.  I'd love for those to be useful (to me) in some way.  Like buying Revenant/Tatsu/Phantasma relics.

I do not see what the issue is. Aya has replaced unvaulted relics. Aya is superior to unvaulted relics. You people are not losing anything by having Aya in the drop table. 

I have all the old stuff. And I still see that unvaulted relics need a place where they drop. Unvaulted primes have been part of the system since we got too many primes to fit the regular drop table. So you could get unvaulted relics from relic packs, doing regular old endless missions or the void missions. And they dropped more reliably from bounties.

Unvaulted relics need that space for people to farm them.  Saying "I have all the old things already because I played 100k hours" does not cut it. Because if the only new thing you want is Revenant with weapons.  Khora, Octavia, Gaara, Garuda etc you already have and they are in the same drop table as revenant. Adding 2 more primes to the drop table is a minor issue for something that has to be in the game.

You might as well start complaining about getting too much salvage and that DE should let you opt out of salvage drops.

What I'm seeing is so called "veteran players" that say they want Aya (and any subsequent vaulted relics) removed from drop tables. The problem is players keep blaming aya as the problem when really it is the drop table that is in the problem, since vaulted relics have been around for years.

Do I think there should be a way to open multiple relics at a time? Yes. Do I think the players here that are claiming aya is the problem are right? No, not one bit. Do I think the added step of collecting aya (with the option to wait until a favourable rotation) and spend the aya on whatever relic/item they chose is "too hard for veteran players"? No.

If players want the drop table changed so there are places to farm new relics without the risk of aya/vaulted-relics, fine. That is what they should be asking for. There is nothing outrageously wrong with the free-path model for Prime Resurgence.

I will support any thread that focuses on wanting a reward pool that is free from aya. This topic is not that.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Synkreto said:

Anyone complaining about Aya thought about trading Relics ?

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Going off of the value of the new primes, their respective relics are far more valuable than the unvaulted ones. Nobody's gonna trade for them and you'll be wasting an ungodly amount of time spamming trade requests in chat thinking otherwise.

It's the same nonsensical argument as "use LFG chat", because someone wants to run some normal missions nobody cares about just to avoid nuke spam players turning their game into a walking simulator. It's never gonna happen.

EDIT:
Just checked. On warframe.market, almost all of the Prime Resurgence relics are going for 5p each while most of the new prime relics are going for 10p+. Good luck with those trades, friendo.

3 hours ago, maaleru said:

But can it be traded for the newer relics?

Could you trade Lith C8, Lith T6, Meso R4, Neo K3, Neo Z8 or Axi G5 for a newer relic?

Aya is no different in that regard. It just stands out more because it looks different.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Have you considered finding someone to trade the old relics with the new ones to you?

If I wanted to spend my time trolling trade chat rather than play the game I'd simply buy the prime parts I need directly.  Or trade one of the dozen's of old prime sets I have in my inventory for those parts. 

8 минут назад, --N-- сказал:

Could you trade Lith C8, Lith T6, Meso R4, Neo K3, Neo Z8 or Axi G5 for a newer relic?

Aya is no different in that regard. It just stands out more because it looks different.

Intellectually, I understand this, but  emotions are outraged.

Again, all they did was swap "specific vaulted relic" in the drop tables with Aya, which can be traded for any vaulted relic in rotation. Nothing else has changed. So other than the people here that want the whole system redone, were OP and the like just unaware of how many relics they got that were unvaulted?

For all those saying just 'trade/swap' relics.... if we're going to go through the hassle of trading lesser valued items for 'new relics', which lets be honest will be a pain, we might as well just trade for plat using the stockpile of existing relics instead and then buy the exact bits you want instead.  Gets rid of rng and likely ends up being cheaper in the long run.

Just because we can trade for stuff doesn't change the issue of aya having no purpose for 'veterans'..... if anything using trade to get items makes it even more obvious that there is an issue with relics/aya imo. 

1 hour ago, Wheelhouser said:

I was going to count intact relics, too, but that number is much higher.  These are just rewards from ESO over the past year or so.  Not sure what stockpiling relics really means in this context.

Guess I should clarify my point.  The reason they might created an uneven ratio for Aya to relics, meaning like 10+ Aya for a relic pack, would be to prevent stockpiling the NEW relics.

Like for example right now.  If an older player had 100 Aya and you could get a relic pack for 3 Aya.  Then they could theoretically get 100 relics, some of them including Revenant Prime or his weapons.

The most you could get from all The syndicates is 90 relics in total.  That's 3 Maxed Syndicates(Red Veil, Steel Meridian, etc) and the 2 world syndicates of Fortuna and Cetus, with each syndicate give roughly 6 packs each.  If you want 90 relics from Teshin's Steel Path, then it's 450 Steel Essence.

So I guess what I was/I'm trying to say is that if DE were to add an option of relic packs to Varzia, they would likely future proof it so players couldn't just stockpile a bunch of Aya to trade in at a later point, to quickly gain all of the new relics and their drops.

5 hours ago, .LeiA._ said:

It really irks me whenever I got one from the Relic Pack.

The only reason to buy relic packs is to try and stock up for the latest Prime (i.e. Revenant at the time of writing). Any Aya I get from Relic packs wouldn't have been a Revenant relic in the first place, so there's no additional disappointment to be had

6 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

IMO the prime resurgence "aya" is a very good method to get relics from the free roam. The problem is the free roams themselves, specifically their rewarding method. Its just too jumbled to be worth doing for any of the rewards, sure you MIGHT get the 1 thing your looking for, but you probably gonna get 1 of the 50 different things you don't care about.

I've said it before, make it more like fissures, let the player pick out what they want out of a small pool of items at each stage. Have it RNG the rewards based on stage for common, uncommon, and rare, then give the player the option to pick 1 out of 3 rewards.

no one want wokong prime in future because everyone can take wokong prime relics now this overload market offer

steel essence + drop boosts is a great way to broke market resurgence cause you can buy a lot of relic packs overloading relic and aya amount in market

Archived