The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any estimate on the number of hours needed?

Bluedragon66

Hello everyone. I have been wondering about this for a long time and I have a question about this game. Just a food for thought.

Does anyone know what is the approximate number of hours one need to invest in Warframe to collect every item, weapon, etc, complete every mission including Steel Path missions?

If one does not spend real money to skip the grinding and gets the platinum by trading to purchase decorative items, is 10,000 hours enough?

Of course, one must assume that the person has only average video gaming skills and not spend a single dollar on the game. 

Anyone has any idea?

10,000 hours as of now ? Sure more than enough but it is very much RNG dependent (and some things locked behind some average skill quests) .

I know players that have not reached a thousand and have everything and a few that did not get a few things cause they just dislike the grind even after 10k.

But i really do not recommend rushing to get everything , it will just burn you out.

It is extremely random... and highly dependent on loadout choice. Also consider some grinds have changed for a mixture of better and worse. You wouldn't need anywhere near 10k hours though. I have a few thousand while having a lot of misc/pointless collections even owning deluxe skins and cosmetics I don't use or even like. Some of the time was spent grinding for things twice as I normally get prime parts for someone else too.

Value of Rivens and a bunch of variables on traded items will also have a major impact on time, I sold a few Rivens for thousands of plat and back then drift mods easily sold for over 30 plat a piece despite taking no time at all to earn in addition to some prime sets selling for a few hundred each.

Another thing is older players have hours spent not really earning much due to gaps in content, something someone starting now and rushing to get everything doesn't deal with, while having multiple syndicates to grind out daily rather than as they were released.

I don't think you (anyone) could you really answer you question, without maybe taking a random group of people and setting them on this challenge, and citing that as an approximate estimate based on the controls/variables set. 

This is because there are a lot of variables, and most people who play the game, don't make efficiency the priority. Meaning, the game has a lot of variables that involve time gates and waiting, but those amounts will affect different players in different ways and quantities. Like for some players, they could play every day, but another player twice a week, and that could benefit them in different ways as far as hours progress. One person has to do more waiting in their play time, the other doesn't, but the other could also be say progressing in other ways too... Then some items like some Arcanes, are only available at some times, like the ones from Eidolons, but if you are good enough to do Eidolons early, and long enough, the Arcanes you get there can speed up progress elsewhere. 

With so many variables, unless the player is an artificial program and designed to be optimal... you are introducing a lot of possible time discrepancy/inconsistency. Thats before you even add in RNG as well. Consider weapons like the Wolf Sledge? The amount of Ducats needed to get adequate Wolf Beacons, whether this is a strictly solo scenario, or assistance from others is okay, etc then you have random events to consider. Like Double XP weekends etc which aren't regular, but can greatly affect progression. 

Plus item is pretty broad, does that mean like... Decorations you can get from some Vendors? Like all the Zariman Dormroom items? 10k hours is probably enough though... maybe, I don't know, again might depend on what you mean by item, if 1 Arcane counts or you needed a maxed out Arcane. 

I'm assuming TC means to play the game solo. Or the very least have to manage getting items Solo. Those Clan research is going to take a long time to get done. Hema. Not to mention assuming there's no booster involve. Sorties still gives out random booster here and there. 

My estimate IF the task is all done Solo including Clan research, it'll be 5k hours.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I'm assuming TC means to play the game solo. Or the very least have to manage getting items Solo. Those Clan research is going to take a long time to get done. Hema. Not to mention assuming there's no booster involve. Sorties still gives out random booster here and there. 

My estimate IF the task is all done Solo including Clan research, it'll be 5k hours.

Yes, that is what I meant. On top of that, to be truly hardcore, one must not spend any money on the game. Items where only platinum is needed to purchase, one must also take the time to farm the required platinum as well. This applies to mostly decorative items. I am sure that 1k hours is definitely not enough.

That really depends on how one approaches the game.

If you go through the game casually on your own and figured things out as you go then you're probably looking at the 5k+ hour range. If you joined a clan and got guided around the game towards the meta grind spots (and utilized them) and got assisted through the early game then probably about 3-5k.

But if you spent the time out of the game to research how to optimally make your way through the game (go directly towards farming core mods, rushed Liches for Kuva weapons, abused meta resource farms, and optimized all the grinds) then I wouldn't be surprised if you could get everything in around 1k hours. Possibly less if you optimized for plat farming and used trade to buy your way through longer grinds. Plus it isn't like any of that would require above average "skill" since you would be rushing towards the gear that would immediately trivialize the game and none of that is actually hard to get.

Although there is also the hurdle of vaulted content. You'd have to go through trade to get all of that gear in a timely manner. And if you want to count PA items under "everything" then you'd be required to spend money to get all of the cosmetics and decorations there.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Those Clan research is going to take a long time to get done. Hema.

Hema* grind was severly reduced with the introduction of Deimos (specifically Cambion Drift), Mutagen Sample is a very common drop there.

Technically the time to get 'everything' doesn't exist unless you're a Founder with Excalibur, Lato and Skana Prime.

Everything you can get without being Founder however depends on RNG and Baro/event rotations. Or for one time events (Orphix Venom as recent example) you either get it all in the event period or sped time having to farm the new place where the rewards from it now come from. Check the drop % on OV Necramech mods. Yeesh.

Then there's Nightwave on top of it with how the devs cycle old/new rewards and how often Nora brings out Wolf Beacons.

It really fluctuates is what i'm getting at.

2 hours ago, Bluedragon66 said:

Yes, that is what I meant. On top of that, to be truly hardcore, one must not spend any money on the game. Items where only platinum is needed to purchase, one must also take the time to farm the required platinum as well. This applies to mostly decorative items. I am sure that 1k hours is definitely not enough.

See that's the thing though. You can also just farm for stuff to sell. Then use those hard earn plat to get stuff. It'll take less time for sure.

if where to sit down and hardcore focus on farming everything I would estimate around 700-800 hours.  I have close to 2000 hours maybe more i havnt checked playtime in while and i have virtually everything and what i dont have would only take another 2 hours max if sat down with mind to dedicatedly farm them or get some one else to for one of them as i can not do kdrive races with my disability

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

I've got about 5k hrs in warframe and got everything. Started playing in 2018, only bought 2 Prime accessories but I only ever spend the plat on cosmetics I want, never bought stuff I couldn't farm. One thing I would say is that the grind does feel worse than it used to.

10k hours would be plenty

On a side note, if a player has everything in the game, what keeps one motivated in continuing to play the game? Given that there is nothing to farm for anymore?

5 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

On a side note, if a player has everything in the game, what keeps one motivated in continuing to play the game? Given that there is nothing to farm for anymore?

That's the fault of a lot of younger gamers. It's to have a reward for the effort. People just like to waste time playing video games. As much as those who would look up random videos on youtube just to move the hand on the clock. Having everything in the game is just the stepping stone. It's what you do with all those things you collected over the years. So put the "META" builds away. Slap together some meme builds. Have fun experimenting.

1-3k hours if you straight up farm it all.

less if you got plat. some things are easier to farm but some are a pain in the ass and id just recommend you farm plat instead and buy them outright. thinks like nidus khora and equinox for example.

5 hours ago, Bluedragon66 said:

Fashion, increasing login bonus (currently at 1690), chatting in QnA or clan/alliance when they're active, and on occasion, formaing random weapons/frames that interest me.

Lately if not for Kahl /archons i probably wouldn't see much gameplay each week.

15 hours ago, Bluedragon66 said:

When you start playing a game, do you do so because you're looking forward to grinding an arbitrary list of items?  I'm guessing that's not the case.  More likely you're expecting to have fun playing the game, doing the kinds of actions and experiences that the game provides.  And if you enjoy that aspect of the game, you don't need any dangled carrots to keep playing.

Archived