Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of new incarnon-compatible weapons?

damongautama

On 3/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, Jarriaga said:

Go to Reddit. The leaked list is there.

10 melees.

10 primaries.

10 secondaries.

All 30 are old weapons. 

Don't forget all these weapons likely have variants (one, maybe even 2 or 3), and you can only pick 2 adapters per week:

image.png

I can see this system taking over a year to complete even if you don't miss a week.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Don't forget all these weapons likely have variants (one, maybe even 2 or 3), and you can only pick 2 adapters per week:

image.png

I can see this system taking over a year to complete even if you don't miss a week.

So it’s either spend a ****ton of time and resources (and maybe even money) on rivens or wait for this incarnon system to eventually make these weapons good?

Yeah, totally doesn’t seem shady.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

So it’s either spend a ****ton of time and resources (and maybe even money) on rivens or wait for this incarnon system to eventually make these weapons good?

Yeah, totally doesn’t seem shady.

We all know that people are literally going to prioritize the best weapons (like Prisma skana and dual ichor) out of the bunch while everything else is going to be only there for riven fodder.

I took a look at the list and not even 1 of those interests me. I thought the Boltor was on the list, I like my Telos Boltor but if that's not going to be on the list I guess none of those are worth doing. I bet they'll make them all MR fodder so to get the mastery rank you need to do all of them.

Lol Duviri is shaping up to be the update that finally breaks the game for me :p

17 hours ago, Voltage said:

image.png

Yes. This will be a long-term goal if we go by numbers.

Looking through the list I already see a few I'm interested in if they get better "AoE" potential with the incarnon system. Plus some of the melee can get interesting. Ack & Brunt is an interesting item on the list, hope it turns it into something cool.

34 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yes. This will be a long-term goal if we go by numbers.

Yeah, the point I was making that this is yet another heavily gated system to prevent a player from making progress at their own pace.

DE keeps adding these (Archon Shards, Ergo Glast's Tenet weapon inventory, Kahl's Garrison, etc.), and we're pretty close to the point where any sort of older player will be playing this game like it's a mobile game that requires constant scheduled login or you fall behind. I'm not sure why so many people on the Forums aren't recognizing the fate Warframe is heading in for content direction? The meat and potatoes of Duviri looks awesome, but if you step back, after a week of the initial honeymoon phase wearing off, you're going to be left with an open world more obnoxious than Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, and The Cambion Drift combined in terms of gated progression and reward table scheduling.

The 2 hour cycle in Duviri from devstream was absolutely obnoxious, considering in 2018 DE recognized this was not great with Plains of Eidolon and made Orb Vallis very forgiving. What happened to that? Let's not forget Archon Shards are still a ripe system for feedback on how "weekly progress gates" feel to players.

I just put all the "hypothetically available" weapons into a spreadsheet, and it will take you 27 weeks (27 if you're a Non-Founder/Master Founder; 28 if Grand Master) to adapt all of them to Incarnon at minimum, and this is assuming they don't add a single new weapon to the pool as well as make sure that once you complete a family of weapon, it is removed from the selection pool. If the pool of choices is randomized, that half a year minimum will skyrocket and become pretty much Archon Shards 2.0 for arsenal enthusiasts.

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Yeah, the point I was making that this is yet another heavily gated system to prevent a player from making progress at their own pace.

I don't mind to be honest. The only time I burned out and took a break from WF was when I farmed an entire update (RJ) in a single weekend because nothing stopped me from doing so. Some people need to be forced to hit the breaks so they can prolong how much they can get out of the game even if done artificially. 

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't mind to be honest. The only time I burned out and took a break from WF was when I farmed an entire update (RJ) in a single weekend because nothing stopped me from doing so. Some people need to be forced to hit the breaks so they can prolong how much they can get out of the game even if done artificially. 

You're going at this from the wrong angle. If a game forces you into scheduled progression, you're not as easily allowed to take a break at all because you will feel FOMO/falling behind given how many systems function like this in tandem.

You're poor time management with Railjack is not DE's responsibility. The point I want to make is that Warframe for a very long time has used time-gates to effectively pad out content (as many games do), but only to a degree where the player still has agency over their progress and can "power-farm" to allow themselves the ability to take a passive break waiting for an update to do something else with their time. Systems like these are the opposite. They tend to be habit forming, accelerate sunk-cost fallacy and FOMO, and create a scenario where you cannot easily take a break the more invested you are as you will feel like you fall behind, miss out, etc. Warframe is not a fun game if all the end-game activities turn into a mobile game where you're just waiting for server resets (daily and/or weekly) to continue progression.

I'm not sure why I feel like I'm the only one pointing out this direction DE has been steering in for quite a while now.

Archived