The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish they skipped duviri update and made railjack awesome

-Legendzzz

20 minutes ago, BigHardYouKnowWhat123 said:

Excuses for bad work.

Steve didn't do bad work and isn't responsible for everything that's ever happened in the game.   He was overly ambitious at times, no doubt.  But that's no reason to insult somebody's work and put everything on them.  We would not have this game at all without him and his ideas.  

57 minutes ago, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

It's hard to be a creative mind behind the same project for long.  Even in my own development of mods and hobby games there is a lifespan of about 2-3 years before I could no longer ever give a damn to go back and touch that project again.  A creator usually yearns for new experiences and new developments.  In an industry where new tools and breakthroughs happen daily its hard not to want to run away with constantly making another new idea.  Kudos to him doing it for as long as he did, I don't think its good for the creator's mind to be stuck on something so long, handing off was a good choice. 

Don't disagree, absolutely the case and I wish him the best on it.

same! Railjack is one of my favorite modes and still has a lot of potential and missing pieces, thoguh given how the community here feels about non-warframe based content, I don't know if there'll be enoguh backing for it.

this is why I'm looking forward to the next Devstream a little more than usual, because now we get to see which direction warframe takes without Duviri hanging over it: obviously there will be an Echoes update and more fixes, but once that's done, DE have total freedom to choose their next warframe project. 

I as well enjoys RJ and personally think is a major attraction to the game, however it does need content revamp and more daily/weekly activities like going into the wormhole to discover challenges and treasures that expand the discovery of the universe and random encounter variant of boss ships.

Well the RJ base assets and foundation is already established so might as well just use it.

I actually really like the Grineer Railjack missions. They feel a lot more “hands on” than the Corpus mission.

I would love it if there was some sort of Railjack mission involving player Extractors. Both the player who owns the extractor and the players who did the mission would both be rewarded with extra resources or something. Mostly it would serve as a sort of icebreaker for players to get to know each other or something.

Just a shower thought.

18 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

100% this. It's honestly getting just a tad too much now imo. Time to flesh out and marry together the content that's already in game. God knows it's needed it for years now.

Another thing they should do when they flesh out content is to also flush out content, like taking Kahl out back and giving him a neck shot.

19 hours ago, Veridian said:

Inb4 an year from now when the next big update drops and everyone fondly refer to Duviri.

Maybe some of you.  I don't fondly remember any of the things I've hated.  Still hate liches and sisters.  Still hate plains bounties and most open world stuff.  Hate conservation and fishing.  Still hate the Granum Void and the Corpus Ship Defense map.  There are no rose-tinted glasses over here.

19 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm 50/50. So far I've enjoyed everything DE has tried to do, but I would love a year of revisiting and expanding on content we have, like RJ, AW, open worlds, bosses, Steel Path etc. 

I can't imagine what new project they plan on introducing at Tennocon. But I know I would be just as excited if they showed a bunch of expansions to what we have as I would for anything else.

The unveiling of Infested RJ with infested abomination liches would make my Tennocon day. For me the best thing they can do now with so many systems is to simply cycle the updates around a few of them each. Preferably with each update bringing both some core WF gameplay and something else from one of the other systems, so everyone has something to do no matter what they actually enjoy among all the systems. Since everyone probably enjoys core WF overall.

It's been hinted recently that Infested Liches will make their way to the game sooner or later, and public perception of Railjack has shifted from extremely negative to rather positive, so I expect us to get an Infested Liches + Railjack Update at some point.

But, imo, as long as Crewmates are so unbelievably overpowered and the Railjack is reduced to little more than a Taxi with automated guns, Railjack will fail to reach what heights it otherwise would.

If there are two projects running, wich happens to be the case, the extraordinary policy would be saving the good parts of Warframe and improving overall the systems given. Those are the Railljack, Fortuna, Plains of Eidolons, Deimos and Duviri. Railjack could help bind those worlds together if needed. All the systems in the game are already defined. Keeping those suffice. The winged horse is an excellent addition to the tenno/drifter. 

Steve needs soon some well deserved retirement or a long vacation. He did enough for the industry. His contribution is noted. Right now DE became an industry that must manage two projects running in parallel. Can they be related? Of course. If that happens people may jump from one to the other unifying work. Again that's an idea not the reality. DE can make that happen. There is NOTHING WRONG relating two franchises when the developer IS THE SAME. 

Warframe needs SHARPENING. No more systems, no more small open worlds. On the contrary those four open world hubs are enough. They should grow in detail, extension and inclusion of enemies. The GAAS game grows like that. Sea of Thieves became great on the long run. 

Duviri happened and for me Duviri serves a good purpose if it is exploited the right way. It is another door for new players and an experimental road for experts if steel path is entwined with it. I will write more encouraging words from now on. The period of critique happened. We will not return to it anymore. 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Maybe some of you.  I don't fondly remember any of the things I've hated.  Still hate liches and sisters.  Still hate plains bounties and most open world stuff.  Hate conservation and fishing.  Still hate the Granum Void and the Corpus Ship Defense map.  There are no rose-tinted glasses over here.

I don't think that the word you want there is hate. The word you are looking for is REFINEMENT. Warframe needs a LOT of refinement. 

I think that such systems requires refinements. I will not stop my mind into despising something. At least I'll add two cents on each of these systems you mentioned before.

a. Liches can work amazingly well when you have four liches beating our assess up in an unexpected encounters. 

b. Bounties needs a passover entirely. They may get exciting if Grineer bring in those gigantic galleons and the bases are heavily fortified. Tennos/drifters with bad habits will get their ass spanked if they think that one warframe can clean an entire army. 

c. Conservation and fishing may improve. Those requires better weapon equipment and a better script of the hunt where unexpected shenanigans could happen. DE has room for creativity on those errands. 

d. Granum void needs another passover. They may get better with time but they need to feel natural. 

2 hours ago, Petroklos said:

It's been hinted recently that Infested Liches will make their way to the game sooner or later, and public perception of Railjack has shifted from extremely negative to rather positive, so I expect us to get an Infested Liches + Railjack Update at some point.

I wonder if it's a shift or just "negative people" hasn't bothered to vote/comment.

2 hours ago, Petroklos said:

But, imo, as long as Crewmates are so unbelievably overpowered and the Railjack is reduced to little more than a Taxi with automated guns, Railjack will fail to reach what heights it otherwise would.

But they are not "unbelievably overpowered". They just let people like me do solo RJ. That's hardly overpowered.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:
2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I don't think that the word you want there is hate. The word you are looking for is REFINEMENT. Warframe needs a LOT of refinement. 

I think that such systems requires refinements. I will not stop my mind into despising something. At least I'll add two cents on each of these systems you mentioned before.

I'm not sure what you mean there. At first you don't want Dugan NOT to use "hate" word but next line you said "I will not stop ... despise".

a. Liches can work amazingly well when you have four liches beating our assess up in an unexpected encounters. 

Liches/Sisters fight can work in solo mode as well. I remember fondly my encounter in some infested broken ship. The problem is I don't like current nor previous ways to get to Liches (RNG, droping some cards etc).

b. Bounties needs a passover entirely. They may get exciting if Grineer bring in those gigantic galleons and the bases are heavily fortified. Tennos/drifters with bad habits will get their ass spanked if they think that one warframe can clean an entire army. 

I don't like bounties because I cannot prepare to each section. I'm preparing to the worst/hardest stage and the rest stages are not hard. Some are even boring.

c. Conservation and fishing may improve. Those requires better weapon equipment and a better script of the hunt where unexpected shenanigans could happen. DE has room for creativity on those errands. 

And here I hate unexpected things to happens. When I want to go fishing I just want to have some time without killing. Unexpected (or rather expected) things happens all the time in form of enemies poking you.

34 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wonder if it's a shift or just "negative people" hasn't bothered to vote/comment.

These polls tend to shoot up r/Warframe when sorted by either "Hot" or "Top", plus that part of the community was rather negative of Railjack on release, so I choose to believe that sentiments have shifted over time. DE, more Railjack plz.

36 minutes ago, quxier said:

But they are not "unbelievably overpowered". They just let people like me do solo RJ. That's hardly overpowered.

I dunno man. I could do Railjack Solo before Crewmates, but post Crewmates I don't Repair anymore, I don't see boarding parties anymore, I don't have to shoot at Fighters anymore. The experience has been reduced to destroying Crewships and doing the Away Team stuff, I barely even interact with the Forge. It just feels lessened.

23 minutes ago, Petroklos said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

I dunno man. I could do Railjack Solo before Crewmates, but post Crewmates I don't Repair anymore, I don't see boarding parties anymore, I don't have to shoot at Fighters anymore. The experience has been reduced to destroying Crewships and doing the Away Team stuff, I barely even interact with the Forge. It just feels lessened.

I couldn't do first mission (I've done that by some miracle). With crew I get to the "middle" probably. I don't bother with RJ too much. However with all stuffs in warframe, everything can be cheesed. It's not that crews are overpowered. It's just everything is based mostly on power.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the driving experience of Railjack can be restored to the earliest version, I mean the feeling when the Scarlet Spear's out. That's the real feeling of flying a spaceship. At that time, the spaceship followed the principle of inertia when starting and a little bit hard to stop when you brake, unlike now, which is like a piece of S#&$. The dev team should not compromise with stupid players, do what you should do, they don't really love this game, they just play 1min and leave forever, just let them be gone, you chin up guys, we will be with you!

I'm pretty sure it's coming earlier than we think. Since Infested nemesis have been announced and confirmed to still be coming in the recent Reddit AMA (quote from Pablo: "heheheheheeehhee"), I think that could potentially be the next big Railjack update. After all, they need an Infested Railjack "showdown" to be consistent with other nemesis systems. This is absolutely the least interesting content in the game for me, but if it comes with Infested Railjack missions, I'm all for it.

On 2023-04-27 at 9:10 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I preferred it when managing the ship was actually part of the game. It wasn't just a taxi, and invaders had to be dealt with swiftly. The journey to the destination was just as involved as the destination itself.  IMO it was an evolution of Warframe gameplay. I enjoyed the rhythm of controlling turrets/ship, dispatching enemies, repairing the ship, managing resources. All the while, zipping around in my Warframe to do it.

I personally didn't care for WF connecting to ground gameplay like in the trailer. It was a cool experiment, but destined to be troublesome. What they released was a good enough framework for me. 

I can't blame the haters completely though, I'm sure if DE really wanted to expand on it, they would've. 

The haters are the problem though. The trophy folks scammed their way into getting DE to reduce RJ's overall bountiful experience. They lied just to get the rewards faster. 

Then we have the "It's not Warframe" group (who clearly don't understand that the game is much more than its title), who keep pushing for a dead end and don't even realize it. 

Because those groups complain all of the damn time, it just makes it seem like we can't truly ever have the type of innovative experience Warframe could really be. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

The haters are the problem though. The trophy folks scammed their way into getting DE to reduce RJ's overall bountiful experience. They lied just to get the rewards faster. 

Then we have the "It's not Warframe" group (who clearly don't understand that the game is much more than its title), who keep pushing for a dead end and don't even realize it. 

Because those groups complain all of the damn time, it just makes it seem like we can't truly ever have the type of innovative experience Warframe could really be. 

Classical typical bs. 

Pay attention. 

IOS phones will put the last nail on the coffin if something is not done during this current period.

Enjoy what you have now.  

6 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

That was one of the worst nerfs DE has ever done for me.  I really enjoyed how RJ felt like a challenge and keeping the ship alive took work. Enemies have been nerfed harder than anything else in Warframe over and over.

I won't blame it all on "trophy folks" though. DEs philosophy is to make everything accessible to new players. They advertise cool parts of the game and want new players to be able to jump right in soon after downloading. 

Archived