The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ok fellas how y'all feeling about the incarnon adapters

Skoomaseller

I took the furis incarnon genesis because I thought it would be a funny meme.
Without minimal modding (as in no forma) it was able to handle steel path Halako Perimeter, and it can change forms stupidly quickly.

I have to say that it makes the furis a solid pick of a weapon to use...and I still need to forma it a few more times to fit in a riven mods.

I honestly can say I never expected the day when a furis would be a good pick for steel path.

Honestly.. I kind of collected Lato, Furis and Kunai adapters but I already do like 190 million damage with a headshot and there's nowhere new to use them except for The Circuit itself, where using them is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Then I went and looked at the grind for materials..

They're just sitting there now. I am probably going to wait for the wiki to update so I know what all of them do and maybe finish one from there. I think my interest has already fallen pretty low to be honest with you.

It's a better way to give power to older weapons than rivens by a country mile. No RNG involved getting the adaptors besides resource gathering and I guess which frame you get for Circuit. But if you're going after Steelpath Circuit you should be prepared.

So far I've only tried Paris and Braton. They're definitely very strong, and I recommend them to anyone who can get them. I'm getting the sense that Incarnon weapons are generally going to be the best in slot for every weapon type they can possibly occupy, which is annoying. However, I have a hard time seeing them be disruptive like AoE weapons were, so I'll probably be fine with Incarnon weapons until we start getting content that is balanced around them.

For the acquisition method, I'm torn. I think the idea of one or two weapons per week is fine, but waiting for the rotation to cycle back around seems annoying. I'd prefer if we just got an Incarnon Genesis, even just one per week, that we could apply to any of the available weapons.

I think it's pretty good, it's a good system overall. But I'm not on pokemon collector mode either. I'm just picking the ones I already have built (and preferably forma'ed) in my arsenal. But if the crafting requirements are too high (like the lato last week, I didn't have the materials), I'm not even bothering. Just saving the adapters for now. I kinda regret not getting the paris last week, since I love the nataruk, but whatever. It'll come back. The strun has been insanely fun with my riven though. 

37 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Then I went and looked at the grind for materials..

So far I only got lato and strun, and I did notice a huge crafting difference between the two. The lato requires 250  rare mats only found in a very specific area of the map plus a bunch of maw fishing, whereas the strun it was stuff I already had stockpiled just from playing the game normally and didn't even need to farm.

Was too many bugs for me to get any last rotation (Would have got paris from lost progress from bugs) and I'm still yet to get one this rotation, just waiting on a good rotation of frames/weapons to get my first one but I honestly can't wait. A lot of my favourite older weapons are incarnon so that makes me happy.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

I took the furis incarnon genesis because I thought it would be a funny meme.
Without minimal modding (as in no forma) it was able to handle steel path Halako Perimeter, and it can change forms stupidly quickly.

I have to say that it makes the furis a solid pick of a weapon to use...and I still need to forma it a few more times to fit in a riven mods.

I honestly can say I never expected the day when a furis would be a good pick for steel path.

ooo... could be good on yareli. need to build one asap.

22 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

ooo... could be good on yareli. need to build one asap.

It turns the furis into a slightly longer range klamora that can hit like an absolute truck and can even stagger lock enemies despite not dealing physical damage types.
Fire it down a crowded hallway and it suddenly becomes a lot less crowded.
Even eximus units die fairly quickly to it.

Doesn't take long at all to charge it, and it has a decent clip size when transformed.

It can even handle accolytes without too much of an issue, and if it doesn't kill them in one beam mag then it takes less than 10 headshots to have it ready to go again...I'm tempted to bring it into an archon mission and see how well it works there.

I still haven't figured out the Orowyrm, so haven't made any yet.  Needing a landscape boss exclusive resource was kind of a bummer, although I'm hoping it won't be a big deal once I've got the boss fight mechanics settled.

In terms of what I've seen secondhand, it looks like the general pattern is "Melee weapons: pretty good.  Ranged weapons:  WTFBBQ".

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hate the resource cost to install one.

It doesn't take that long to farm the resources.
Even when I was faced with getting 250 nacreous pebbles for the Lato incarnon genesis and getting only 4-7 at a time from fishing in Duviri that didn't take much time at all...and I got more than enough Maw Fangs and aurelite scales to build some of the other incarnon genesis costs I've seen floated around the internet.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hate that the stats are lower the better the variant is.

I actually like it.
It' basically "balances" the variants into much more of a sidegrade while still providing a very nice power bump.

It also means that people can't complain about some of the incarnon genesis versions being out of reach and having better stats that are simply impossible to get.
For example if something has a vaulted prime that is annoying to get (such as the Boltor Prime) you can just use the permanently available Telos Boltor and get roughly the same output when it is in incarnon mode....which is fair and nice.

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I still haven't figured out the Orowyrm, so haven't made any yet.  Needing a landscape boss exclusive resource was kind of a bummer, although I'm hoping it won't be a big deal once I've got the boss fight mechanics settled.

What are some problems you're having with the Orowyrm fight?
I briefly got confused by the steel path mechanics for taking it over but it made sense in the end....at least enough to beat it.

Once you figure it out though it's a rather satisfying fight, and honestly IMHO it's one of the best boss fights warframe has to offer.

3 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

So far I only got lato and strun, and I did notice a huge crafting difference between the two.

I should look at my other two then maybe, they might be better. It was Lato I checked and the list of things I needed to gather was really off putting.

I guess maybe I'm just getting jaded but

Making a Lato Vandal Incarnon seems to require:

Obviously, the rare parts from ESO (to be fair I owned it already)

Several hours of grind in The Circuit

6-8 forma, potato, arcane adapter

Then also the gross list of materials grind on top..

This is like.. 30 hours of grinding or something?

All for just another gun.

I guess it's really nice, but I already have pistols that one shot Steel Path Eximus units so like.. Kinda already burning out on the concept of putting that much work in for what feels like just redundantly expanding my arsenal.

I was already using some of these old weapons because of their high Riven dispo and they're genuinely fun to use.

Furis is gonna be a part of every build that relies on HP.

I'm working on getting Latron. It sounds like it can possibly replace my current primary on all builds.

Next is Vasto and Magistar. As long as Magistar has movement speed buff, it will replace my melee weapons on all my builds.

I'm a bit hit or miss on them.

The Braton and Furis Incarnons are incredibly good, but the Furis base form...can't be saved period.

Meanwhile, I'm somewhat disappointed in the Paris and Strun Incarnons as their I-forms are generally side grades that lose their headshot multipliers. The status chance evolutions give the base forms really good buffs, which I absolutely love without the need to use the I-form firing modes.

I'm also somewhat rooting for my Strun riven to be nerfed, as it would reduce the viral weighting for more electric procs, and the loss in crit chance could be replaced by Motus Setup for more crit and status. The electric procs in its base form are already 70-90% the same damage as HM slash ticks on armored targets, it could get pretty nutty if I drop HM with a disposition nerf.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

What are some problems you're having with the Orowyrm fight?
I briefly got confused by the steel path mechanics for taking it over but it made sense in the end....at least enough to beat it.

Once you figure it out though it's a rather satisfying fight, and honestly IMHO it's one of the best boss fights warframe has to offer.

It took me an (embarrassingly long) while to realize that flying through the orb explosions gave a speed boost.  Currently I'm stuck on the riding the wyrm phase.  I've got some ideas for how to proceed but keep getting knocked off and haven't figured out how to avoid that yet.

Also I've been short on revives by the Orowyrm stage.  I was getting pretty down on myself for Duviri being so hard, but then I realized last night I've been doing it in Steel Path...unintentionally. lol.

I'm not looking for tips by the way.   I always -try- to figure out content solo first.   Hopefully this one is more fun to untangle than eidolons, which I still haven't succeeded at after 5 years or so.   (I'm going to say a lot of that is lack of effort though, as I just haven't made many attempts in that time.)

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

It took me an (embarrassingly long) while to realize that flying through the orb explosions gave a speed boost.  Currently I'm stuck on the riding the wyrm phase.  I've got some ideas for how to proceed but keep getting knocked off and haven't figured out how to avoid that yet.

Jump. Then relatch once the ring passes.

Archived