Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear [DE] Can we PLEASE address the Stalker weapon issue

Purpal

Some of the Stalker weapons are prohibitively hard to obtain.

Next week in the Circuit is the "Stalker" week for Incarnons. Now I have close to 2000 hours in WF and I still to this day do not have a Despair BP. 

A compounding issue to its insane RNG, is the fact that if you have bought the Smoke color set you are unable to buy the Stalker bundle on the market which includes the Despair.

A lot of us have seen the leaks about how there is an Incarnon option for a bonus to the weapons if you have all 3 Stalker weapons equipped. Its a bummer that I am effectively hard locked out of this due to being hit with a huge RNG barrier.

Could we please at the very least get standalone stalker weapons in the market. 

2 hours ago, Purpal said:

If they're already available in a bundle and are now getting incarnon adapters I think this should happen. 

*flexing with all stalker weapons while smoking body ephemera gives off envious smoke*

Do you even edgelord bro ?

I can understand the fomo , but i can't help but feel a little bit good that i can have a full stalker loadout soon (maybe if the stats align just right) that is actually strong.

1 minute ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I’ll bet you 500p that even with the incarnon adapter, there will be at least 20 regular secondary weapons which will be better 😉

This may very well be true, yea. But the point is that it won't be "Funny ha-ha, garbage weapon drops from Stalker with abysmal chance", but more like "Hey why do I need to spend multiple months trying my luck at Stalker rng to get those fun incarnon knives?"

Can't say who's right in this situation though, and I'm not against some good weapons being hidden behind layers of rng, but a lot more people will certainly be pissed at Despair and Hate very soon.

2 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

This may very well be true, yea. But the point is that it won't be "Funny ha-ha, garbage weapon drops from Stalker with abysmal chance", but more like "Hey why do I need to spend multiple months trying my luck at Stalker rng to get those fun incarnon knives?"

Can't say who's right in this situation though, and I'm not against some good weapons being hidden behind layers of rng, but a lot more people will certainly be pissed at Despair and Hate very soon.

I hear ya and can’t wait for the Hate incarnon since Hate is already very good.

Just now, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I hear ya and can’t wait for the Hate incarnon since Hate is already very good.

Yea, I'll probably be taking Dread and Hate as well. I like the aesthetics of hate, wonder what its adapter will to to it.

Hmm, yeah I think something should be done. I am generally against weapons that are gated in multiple ways, pure RNG being one, certain time limitations being another. I wouldn't necessary agree adding them to the Market by themselves though. My preferred solution would be some sort of RNG mitigation, that stacks. So not the actual number, but lets say you have beat the Stalker "200" times, the game will just give you Despair if you don't have it.

I know there are some other games that can keep track of such things, I wouldn't imagine its too difficult, Warframe even does this with Archons for example. I think its roughly around 38 - 40 attempts for most people to expect to get Despair, but some really unlucky people... well can go years and 300 plus Stalker kills with nothing. At least with such a system, you can have bad luck, but you know its possible and a certainty at a certain number threshold. You still have to kill bosses, or buy beacons or do your best to entice and fight Stalker etc but you don't have to worry about extraordinary bad fortune either. 

10 minutes ago, trst said:

Farm prime junk for Ducats and wait until Baro brings Stalker Beacons. Can even get the Tennocon Pass and get the Beacons from the Baro Relay.

this, or just do assassinations, 3, gets you a marker, then just play with shadow stalker for all the things you want...

56 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

If they're already available in a bundle and are now getting incarnon adapters I think this should happen. 

And the insult to injury is that I WOULD just buy the bundle, but for some absurd reason, DE decided that if you own Smoke colors, you are locked out of buying it. Im actively being punished for making an uninformed purchase years ago by an arbitrary restriction. Thats what kills me.

DE haven't made getting the staker weapons any easier for years, why would they start now? if anything they're less likely to do it now because now some people might actually buy the Stalker Bundle. unless this happens:

59 minutes ago, Purpal said:

but for some absurd reason, DE decided that if you own Smoke colors, you are locked out of buying it.

ouch. well, the only other method is to run as many assassinations as possible and/or buy as many Stalker Beacons from Baro as you possibly can, and maybe trade prime junk for ducats so you can buy more when possible. running with a beacon group via recruit chat might help as then you can get a few freebies where you get a spawn without using your beacons.

you aren't alone though: I know a guy who played since console release who still doesn't have the Hate, despite actively farming for it several times.

Out of curiosity i went and checked if i have despair bps and i do not, have about 25 dread and 33 hate bps but no despair. I'm starting to wonder if despair actually has terrible rng of dropping, that would suck big for those who want it. 

Well, not only is the Despair attrocious, they're throwing knives, probably the worst secondary type in the game. Whatever that incarnon mode is better be extremely worth it. Otherwise... if I had to choose between a bad weapon that is only good once in a while, and a weapon that is good full-time, I'm going to pick the full-time one.

5 hours ago, Purpal said:

Some of the Stalker weapons are prohibitively hard to obtain.

Next week in the Circuit is the "Stalker" week for Incarnons. Now I have close to 2000 hours in WF and I still to this day do not have a Despair BP. 

A compounding issue to its insane RNG, is the fact that if you have bought the Smoke color set you are unable to buy the Stalker bundle on the market which includes the Despair.

A lot of us have seen the leaks about how there is an Incarnon option for a bonus to the weapons if you have all 3 Stalker weapons equipped. Its a bummer that I am effectively hard locked out of this due to being hit with a huge RNG barrier.

I thought I was the only one, but man, I must have killed that guy hundreds of times, but he never dropped a Despair BP. It was made even worse after a quest upgraded him and made the stuff from his old loot table even less likely to drop.

In the corner of my mind, I was hoping to just save up enough Plat from trading to outright buy the What Stalker? bundle, but I wasn't aware of the Smoke Colours gotcha. I bought those already cuz it was shameful how the game didn't have a regular white or a regular black in either the Classic or the Saturated palettes

8 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Out of curiosity i went and checked if i have despair bps and i do not, have about 25 dread and 33 hate bps but no despair. I'm starting to wonder if despair actually has terrible rng of dropping, that would suck big for those who want it. 

After reading your message I checked my own stash and I have 45 dread, 3 despair and 1 hate blueprint. Crazy to see you with so many hate blueprints. I wonder if I sold some at some point or something....

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

DE haven't made getting the staker weapons any easier for years, why would they start now? if anything they're less likely to do it now because now some people might actually buy the Stalker Bundle. 

Making the farm easier is only one solution. If they want to keep the weapon rare and hard to farm, go for it. All im asking is for another way out. They could easily add the weapons to the Market to be purchasable. That would as you said, be appealing for people to purchase now that the weapons have sparked new interest. That or just remove the absurd restriction they have in place on the bundle. Like I had said, I'd BUY the bundle if I could, as would more people im sure who are also locked out for some silly arbitrary reason. 

19 minutes ago, Purpal said:

Making the farm easier is only one solution. If they want to keep the weapon rare and hard to farm, go for it. All im asking is for another way out. They could easily add the weapons to the Market to be purchasable. That would as you said, be appealing for people to purchase now that the weapons have sparked new interest. That or just remove the absurd restriction they have in place on the bundle. Like I had said, I'd BUY the bundle if I could, as would more people im sure who are also locked out for some silly arbitrary reason. 

Doing more invasions will increase the amount of time the Stalker attacks.

Right now I think the stalker beacon from Baro is the best solution for you. That's how I farmed the smoking body ephemera a while back. Specially with Tennocon coming soon, you can buy and get access to the ticket for Baro's full inventory. 

But I certainly think DE needs to do something about the Stalker bundle/weapons. Either allow you to purchase the bundle despite having smoke color palette already, or allowing us to buy the weapons individually, even if they make them more expensive than other weapons. I sold my hate and despair long ago when I was still new to the game to free up weapon slots and I'm also kinda frustrated now having to farm them again for incarnon and being completely locked out and unable to buy the bundle. 

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

After reading your message I checked my own stash and I have 45 dread, 3 despair and 1 hate blueprint. Crazy to see you with so many hate blueprints. I wonder if I sold some at some point or something....

possibly, i know i've sold some dread over the years but never had abundance of despair 

Archived