Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Adapter Weekly Reset Failed; Options were from Week 6 again

TheOctavius

8 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I am also experiencing this bug.

Final plot twist: This was actually a real roguelite and now you're locked into the weapons you picked until the day you die :)

I finally see why it is called the Duviri Paradox! The first 5 sets are only available the first 5 weeks, so in order to get the rest of them, we have to go back in time and make different choices!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I finally see why it is called the Duviri Paradox! The first 5 sets are only available the first 5 weeks, so in order to get the rest of them, we have to go back in time and make different choices!

Ahhh Eternalism. :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Qriist said:

While frustrating, this particular bug actually makes sense.

Last week was the end of the reward cycle. Whatever check they used to reset the counter to the start of the rotation didn't actually reset it.

Assuming, of course, they implemented such a check in the first place. We all feast from the same heaping plate of spaghetti code, after all.

This is not accurate, since normal circuit didn't update to new week, And that rotation is not over, still a couple of weeks left on it.

So something just failed to update both rotations.

Edited by Kaythim
Added context for clarity.
  • Like 1

So what now? Pick another 2 and then they hotfix and you miss out on Week 1? Pick nothing and find out you could have gained double rewards? Pick something and it gets reset if hotfix? There is no good choice here, what to do?

Edited by FiveN9ne
  • Like 7

So disappointed. Missed week 1 of circuit but have been grinding away every other week, was really looking forward to getting incarnon prisma skana but looks like I'll have to wait for the next update. Wouldn't mind but I'm on holiday this week and I'm now left waiting to see if DE will give info on what's going on.

4 minutes ago, Kaythim said:

While Steel path should have gone back to rotation week 1, normal should have gone to week 7, but remains on week 6.

I addressed that very concern:

32 minutes ago, Qriist said:

That single pointer probably controls the values that both the normal and Steel Path circuits pull from to determine the week's rewards

On timebased stuff like the Circuit the game is very likely to always calculate reward rotation from the same week the mode launched (or possibly from an internal testing rotation).

Not knowing anything about DE's code, it's my conjecture that the pointer was set to return the "highest" week off the rewards table, instead of the proper looped reward.

If they (errorenously or not) reused that variable for both normal and SP before fully setting the reward paths you would see what we see now.

It's the type of programming mistake that is hard to catch on a cursory "is this running?" kinda of check because you have to wait until the end of the cycle - in this case, that's 6 weeks of real time.

Duviri's overall rollout has been a crippling mess of vexing and confounding glitches but this particular bug makes sense because it's almost certainly a simple database typo.

Note that no part of my understanding excuses DE's abyssmal habit of using its entire playerbase as unpaid and unwitting beta testers a decade into the game's lifecycle. 

19 minutes ago, Kaythim said:

So no, my information is not correct.

On this, we agree.

Why do I keep seeing people saying that it was supposed to reset to Week 1?

What about Weeks 7-12?

(Ok, I'm an idiot. It seems like the regular circuit is a 12 week rotation of warframes and the Steel Path circuit is a 6 week rotation of weapons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edited by ValkyrieLady
Answered my own question.
  • Like 1