Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the new incarnon weapons all hype? [Update: Mostly good!]

MutoManiac

Update: Just got the Latron and Furis adapters and I have to say, they are very good. I would now say that at least 90% of them are more than very good, so it's not hype. As someone pointed out below, the Atomos is awesome goodness and my new favorite.

Chef’s kiss to the original incarnon weapons, they are so good! These new ones though, with the exception of the Skana, Strun and Torid, seem underwhelming. I haven’t tried them all and likely won’t bother with the rest as I keep getting disappointed after sinking 6 forma, a potato and exilus adapter on them.

In actual game play, my other weapons are much more efficient in making things dead. If it takes me longer to get them going, why would I bother with them? The guns especially, don’t last long enough in incarnon form to be worth it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Duviri circuit and will still play it, just not for the adapters, but for the arcanes which will hopefully be decent once I get enough of them.

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_
As I get more of them, they are making me giddy. Super good.
  • Like 2

I have to disagree with them just being hype.

The furis incarnon can handle itself quite far into SP and charges up nearly instantly...and for a Furis to be not only usable, but to be able to kill decently quickly at SP levels?  That's some serious power upgrade

Sure are some not as good as we could have wanted?  Definitely (*cough*soma*cough*) but DE is going to be looking at some of them and re-evaluating a few things.

Overall though they are fairly solid upgrades that breathe new life into older weapons.

And honestly they don't need to be the best of the best meta choices to still be good upgrades and worth using.
I'm mostly just happy that I can bring some older weapons into high level content and actually kill things at a decent pace.

• Like 5

It's like every batch of new weapon families, some are outstanding, others are average or worse.

I've picked up just a few so far: Dual Toxocysts, Vasto, Despair, and Hate. Out of those four, the Vasto is awful and short-lived in Incarnon mode, but it still improves the base version enough that I can be satisfied with just running that. The other three are much better and were definitely worth farming for.

• Like 1

Some of the new Incarnon weapons are shaping the new meta, but even the ones that aren't are generally offering new ways to competently play the game at Steel Path level.  If your only concern is raw power (which is valid) then some of these weapons won't appeal to you, but for players who enjoy variety and some of the distinct flavors provided by these weapons, the specific ways that these Incarnon weapons feel when dispensing that power may be appealing.  If you want to use a bo or kunai and not feel under-powered, now you can!  And that bo is now 10 meters long, and the kunai either explode or home in on enemy heads!  And it's similar for many nostalgic favorites that were previously past their Prime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Some of the new Incarnon weapons are shaping the new meta, but even the ones that aren't are generally offering new ways to competently play the game at Steel Path level.  If your only concern is raw power (which is valid) then some of these weapons won't appeal to you, but for players who enjoy variety and some of the distinct flavors provided by these weapons, the specific ways that these Incarnon weapons feel when dispensing that power may be appealing.  If you want to use a bo or kunai and not feel under-powered, now you can!  And that bo is now 10 meters long, and the kunai either explode or home in on enemy heads!  And it's similar for many nostalgic favorites that were previously past their Prime.

You are right, I like raw power. I just don’t see the point of using something when there are better choices. I did not like any of those weapons before they got adapters and still not crazy about them just because they are a bit better.

• Like 2

It's a mixed bag ,

While all the adapters definitely improve the base weapons stats , it may not make them more desirable if you didn't enjoy the base weapon.

And the incarnon form change may disappoint players that do like the base weapon and feel the incarnon form is too different.

Those that just want "bigger numbers" may be annoyed at meeting the conditions of headshots and combo.

There is also the whole means of acquisition itself which may be off putting to some players.

So yeah , mixed bag.

• Like 1

Dunno, I am grinding more and more incarnons and having fun with them, they feel very stronk to me, but to really make them sing, you need good rivens. They have high riven dispo for some time, so rivens give a huge power boost to them. But even without riven they feel pretty powerful to me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

The furis incarnon can handle itself quite far into SP and charges up nearly instantly...and for a Furis to be not only usable, but to be able to kill decently quickly at SP levels?  That's some serious power upgrade

Since it has a desirable feature (healing) and I’ve already invested into it with lots of forma before my “hype” conclusion, the Furis will get one. Crossing my fingers 😉

2 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Dunno, I am grinding more and more incarnons and having fun with them, they feel very stronk to me, but to really make them sing, you need good rivens. They have high riven dispo for some time, so rivens give a huge power boost to them. But even without riven they feel pretty powerful to me.

They are definitely strong, but I think they are too situational. My Miter in SP steel circuit would one shot enemies, but it just didn’t do it fast enough. I think they may be better in solo SP where you can group enemies easier and the ricochets or whatever perk they have would work better because of the density?

The Strun, Torid, Lato, Lex, Atomos, Hate and Nami Solo all feel like clear winners out of the Incarnons I've used so far and definitely feel like they're worth "the hype" if you're looking for a new best in slot option for a specific weapon type or loadout role. The Atomos, for instance, feels like a clear upgrade over the Kuva Nukor in terms of damage output and is quickly becoming my general secondary weapon of choice when I'm using a primary weapon that isn't suited to clearing out groups of enemies and I prefer beam chaining over the AOE of the Sporelacer. The Atomos is an interesting case because it's DPS went up massively (by my calculations over 60%) when the devs fixed its base damage-boosting Evolution 2 incarnon perks in a patch that previously weren't working at all. This one fix made all the difference in the world for this weapon, and you may find that a few other "hype" incarnons actually start feeling legitimately powerful once they get some bugfixes and tweaks as well.

For a further example of how strong some of these incarnons feel, the Torid Incarnon I'd go as far as to say feels like the first (non-melee) weapon I've ever used with such an outrageously effective combination of damage, slash procs, ammo economy, range and enemy chaining that you could comfortably go to level cap with against Grineer/Corrupted (or anything else) without any damage buffs or armor stripping whatsoever. Just take a stock Revenant with Mesmer Skin up, stand in a corridor in any survival mission and you're pretty much set. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

burston prime incarnon

just gonna leave this here, answers the question pretty well

I haven’t tried the Burston and curious to see it in actual game play. I did use the Braton in profit taker phase 2 for leveling Bonewidow and with a recommended YT build, it was underwhelming. I switched to my usual favorite for this year and got the non-necramech stuff done a lot quicker. I can also clear the simulacrum with certain weapons pretty quick. I haven’t paid attention to the Burston because it’s not auto, but I heard good things and will probably try it. Thanks

P.S. Is the incarnon form auto? That could be a game changer if the ammo is a decent amount.

Had another look, incarnon gives you 600 ammo, def gonna try it.

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_

13 minutes ago, Vryheid said:

The Strun, Torid, Lato, Lex, Atomos, Hate and Nami Solo all feel like clear winners out of the Incarnons I've used so far and definitely feel like they're worth "the hype" if you're looking for a new best in slot option for a specific weapon type or loadout role. The Atomos, for instance, feels like a clear upgrade over the Kuva Nukor in terms of damage output and is quickly becoming my general secondary weapon of choice when I'm using a primary weapon that isn't suited to clearing out groups of enemies and I prefer beam chaining over the AOE of the Sporelacer. The Atomos is an interesting case because it's DPS went up massively (by my calculations over 60%) when the devs fixed its base damage-boosting Evolution 2 incarnon perks in a patch that previously weren't working at all. This one fix made all the difference in the world for this weapon, and you may find that a few other "hype" incarnons actually start feeling legitimately powerful once they get some bugfixes and tweaks as well.

For a further example of how strong some of these incarnons feel, the Torid Incarnon I'd go as far as to say feels like the first (non-melee) weapon I've ever used with such an outrageously effective combination of damage, slash procs, ammo economy, range and enemy chaining that you could comfortably go to level cap with against Grineer/Corrupted (or anything else) without any damage buffs or armor stripping whatsoever. Just take a stock Revenant with Mesmer Skin up, stand in a corridor in any survival mission and you're pretty much set. 

I do like the Strun and Torid which I mentioned liking in my first post. I think I’m going to just try them all since everyone has been convincing enough that some others are great. The Sporelacer is my favorite secondary, so I will check out the Atomos then. Thanks for the input.

Dual Toxocyst are great, and the Miter is also a lot of fun. Not the strongest launcher on paper, but its ability to seek out targets before then exploding into sub-munitions that seek out more targets allows it to clear packs quite well. The Ceramic Dagger is currently the most broken pseudo-exalted statstick in the game, the Lex Prime is now the newest and strongest incarnation of the Catchmoon, and the Lato Vandal is pretty good for clearing out crowds. Strun and Torid are still definitely the most powerful of the incarnons, though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

P.S. Is the incarnon form auto? That could be a game changer if the ammo is a decent amount.

Had another look, incarnon gives you 600 ammo, def gonna try it.

Yep 600 ammo and a base fire rate of 20 and full auto mode. Though you rarely need to full auto with it since tapping just vaporizes enemies with the combination of innate punch through and fiery small explosions. Completely bonkers in tight corridors and also strong when enemies are more spread. 

Burston, Torid and Furis are crazy strong and they all give regular AoE weapons a run for their money. They handle big crowds well, and they also allow you to annihilate nullibubbles and guardian eximus at the same time thanks to their rapid fire nature and being single target guns mainly. I'm gonna pick up uhm Strun next time it comes around.

As for the other weapons I have which are Kunai, Paris, Dread, Despair, Soma, Lato, Lex, Braton, Boltor, Latron, Zylok, Atomos and Sibear, the Latron is really nice. The others are lackluster due to having horribly low incarnon shots in most cases or in the case of Soma just a morph into a shotgun with practically the same damage output as the normal mode. Braton and Boltor also just feel lackluster. Braton is slow as hell and not really impressive and Boltor I couldnt really be bothered with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep 600 ammo and a base fire rate of 20 and full auto mode. Though you rarely need to full auto with it since tapping just vaporizes enemies with the combination of innate punch through and fiery small explosions. Completely bonkers in tight corridors and also strong when enemies are more spread. 

Burston, Torid and Furis are crazy strong and they all give regular AoE weapons a run for their money. They handle big crowds well, and they also allow you to annihilate nullibubbles and guardian eximus at the same time thanks to their rapid fire nature and being single target guns mainly. I'm gonna pick up uhm Strun next time it comes around.

As for the other weapons I have which are Kunai, Paris, Dread, Despair, Soma, Lato, Lex, Braton, Boltor, Latron, Zylok, Atomos and Sibear, the Latron is really nice. The others are lackluster due to having horribly low incarnon shots in most cases or in the case of Soma just a morph into a shotgun with practically the same damage output as the normal mode. Braton and Boltor also just feel lackluster. Braton is slow as hell and not really impressive and Boltor I couldnt really be bothered with.

Good info thanks. I just got the adapter for the Lato. So the Lato and Atomos is a skip for you? I agree with your list and if you haven't tried it, the Hate is also not great IMO. The Skana (Prisma) though is really good. Trying to see which ones I get next as I don't want to spend more plat for Forma or Catalysts if I'm going to sell them anyway.

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_

some are (strun, miter, lex)

some aren't (most incarnon melees, bronco, atomos)

overall though, the incarnon gimmick aside, the stat boosts from the perks themselves are quite nice to have. 

26 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Good info thanks. I just got the adapter for the Lato. So the Lato and Atomos is a skip for you? I agree with your list and if you haven't tried it, the Hate is also not great IMO. The Skana (Prisma) though is really good. Trying to see which ones I get next as I don't want to spend more plat for Forma or Catalysts if I'm going to sell them anyway.

not sneakyervin, but atomos is kinda... eh, as far as incarnon evos go. the increased crit and crit dmg from perks does push it through the roof in normal mode though

• Like 1

I am enjoying most of them... not all of them.

Latron, dread, despair, and paris are all great, but bo, and especially hate could use a lot more work. Hate just gives you AoE projectiles on every melee attack, if i wanted to use ranged attacks, i would use the damn guns i have, not to mention they stagger you.

33 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Yeah Lato has too few charges and Atomos feels lackluster in incarnon, and it doesnt really add anything that you cannot get from Tcycron, Knukor or now Torid. Lato and for me Lex come with way too few charges when you can grab Laetum or Furis instead for either long ranged or short ranged burst and good AoE clearing.

Right now my loadouts are Torid/Burston with Laetum/Furis in some combination with a 2h hammer exodia contagion zaw. The only place I dont run either such a combo is on Archons where I use a Felarx and Laetum.

Gonna give Prisma Skana a try and will pick up Hate because it is my last from that rotation when it comes next time. Still need to try Ack+Brunt and Magistar, but will wait to make an incarnon Magistar until I get hold of Sancti.

• Like 1

Suppose it depends really, by what metrics is one going off. 

Personally, I am enjoying them quite a bit, some more than others, I think many are very powerful, arguably overturned, but in a way I like, because I like the meta to be shaken and stirred now and then. Peoples experiences and mileage will naturally differ though, for example? Most of these weapons I already had 4 to 6 Forma in them already with Catalysts etc Not such a big investment for me after the fact, since I already invested in them and already enjoyed most of them. 

All of them are getting at a minimum hefty upgrades, some of their KPM and DPS are making them meta contenders depending on your parameters (whether you are going off categories, type etc). So there can be a mix of objective but also subjective factors, like fun. Not to mention perception. Like if you are in a room with people overvaluing something, may seem like overhype, different room, with them all undervaluing something, may lead you to being positively surprised. Its also why some weapons have been a bit of a disappointment despite being good, since people can have greater expectations etc. 

For myself, Paris, Boltor, Braton, Torid, Lex, Dread, Despair, have felt fun and great. Vasto too, but I use it more as Acolyte killers. Hate and Skana have been great/fine, Hate even more so once its self stagger is offset. Soma was fine, but a bit underwhelming and disappointing, but also makes sense they are looking at it/reviewing it. I thought Atomos was a bit underwhelming and disappointing at first, not as much as the Soma though, but... I quickly changed my mind after using it more/refining my build (tried similar with Soma to no avail). Atomos normal form DPS is incredible, and though I am not a big fan of AOE, its Incarnon form is great against Acolytes too. Since I like beam weapons more, using its normal mode more often is fine with me. Unlike say the Felarax, I do have a use for its Incarnon. Bo is probably the Incarnon I felt was most meh, but even then, I will probably use it a bit more. Also set my expectations lower for Melee Incaron, which in a way may mean I am pleasantly surprised by future choices. 

Basically I think they are great, but I also wouldn't try to oversell the weapons to people either, like ZOMG GOTTA GET THESE WEAPONS NOW, WOW, thats not really my style either. So depends. 

• Like 1

If base weapons sucks. They will suck with the incarnon despite if they do fat numbers. 

Many of these base weapons really suck deep ass. A rework of the skin and the weapon itself may impulse better the Incarnon. The incarnon is the door for a scalable damage weapon. That's it. 

The most important weapons such as Lanka, Snipetron and Opticor should have this treatment than the crappy weapons we are getting. 

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

I prolly will get a majority of adaptors but as far as remaking old weapons and investing a ton of resources, i'll do that in a case by case basis, pathos clams make me want to pull my hair out. 

Lol, pathos are a breeze compared to the scavenging for the other resources in caves, etc. Good idea though, getting them and then waiting to see if you'll invest. Only problem is that they'll show up in the cave if you own the weapon, aieeeee.....

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_

12 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Lol, pathos are a breeze compared to the scavenging for the other resources in caves, etc. Good idea though, getting them and then waiting to see if you'll invest. Only problem is that they'll show up in the cave if you own the weapon, aieeeee.....

i'm bored of the same couple of missions you have to do and 2 undercroft missions before fighting actual boss to get clamps. i'll do it if i really like a weapon, like torid