Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some of the Oldest bugs in Warframe that still exist?

Zahnrad

This isn't intended to be mean-spirited. I was doing the Nightwave to defeat Fighters using a hijacked Crewship and ran a Corpus mission. Despite hijacking a Corpus vehicle, Cephalon Cy stated that a "Grineer" ship had been hijacked.

I assume this is a bug that's stayed in since the Corpus expansion.

It's got me wondering just how many bugs haven't been fixed, or what the oldest bugs are that still exist today. I'm hoping with a thread like this, it might get enough attention to finally fix some of the longest running bugs in Warframe.

These can be bugs you've personally found, any bugs in general, or the oldest ones you know.

In that regard I'd like to give a shoutout to The Deadlock Protocal. There's still a lot of notable Day 1 bugs that haven't been fixed, such as bypassing the Rescue mission among many others.

I'm sure older ones exist, but the most egregious / long standing one I see pop up every week is The War Within' looping / repeating; apparently been an issue since 2016 or 2017, so it's going on almost 7 years or so now. As I understand it's rather rare, but it still makes the player go through probably a repeat of an hour of the quest and has made a lot of people just quit the game entirely.

I imagine there are bugs going back to 2013.   The oldest one I know of, assuming it hasn't been fixed in the last few months, is Valk Paralysis doing only half the damage the ability screen says it should do.  It might actually go back as far as Valk's release, but the oldest comment I've seen on it was early 2017.

The cool thing about bugs in this game though, is that even when they get fixed it doesn't mean they can't pop back up again. 

• When you fall on an edge the wrong way and the game considers you to still be falling, and you build up speed until you break free and hit the ground below at the speed of sound. This has been around forever, but is especially obnoxious in Duviri because you can actually take fall damage.
  • Frost's Snow Globe indicator behaves differently as host and client. As host, it shows the remaining percentage of the last globe's initial health. As client, it shows... something? I think it's the current proportion (not percentage) of the last globe's base (not initial) health?
  • This one's not nearly as old as the other two, but Knux won't actually dash you close enough to hit enemies with most attacks.
Edited by Exxion
  • Like 2

The infamous one where you "t-pose" with it looking like you are moonwalking and can't use abilities or fire weapons. That is probably the most egregious one that has stuck around the longest that affected me.

Granted, they have been slowly patching out all of the methods to trigger it with me running into it less and less but it is still infuriating to me they have not added a /unstuck command for it since it is basically an abort mission run ender, which sometimes isn't even possible if it also locks out the menu. Also, I would sort of put this in the same category as the script error ones where two different bugs have the same end result so they should be classified as something different?

Other notable mentions:

Ordis blocking helminth, I don't care if this is a bug or not, fix it!

Fixed now but waypoints disappearing when mounting/dismounting vehicles, this drove me insane for K-Driven. I've addressed this to them and tried to get it fixed on numerous occasions. What it took was a brand new introduced vehicle, not a new skin that we got, but a brand new vehicle with this bug still persisting on it to tell them hey look at this brand "new" bug does this mean it is finally going to get fixed? And they did in hotfix 5 of ten of something like that with a strange patchnote that took clarification to understand.

DE doesn't read stuff in the general discussion forums, much less rarely responds so doubt that these ones would get fixed as a result of a thread like this.

Another one is Pathocyst getting its heavy attack damage culled in half after the Glaive update. Saw a couple of threads about it over time but alas no fix so maybe this one isn't a bug?

I know this isn't a bug but still a glitch, Excavator collision geometry doesn't match hitbox. The top is nonexistent when you stand on it yet you can still wallride off of it. Always running into it when doing excavations as that is supposed to be the most middle spot you can reach. This one was changed someone recently when I started playing so it isn't as old as some of the others mentioned here, likewise with the helminth and Glaive update happening during my time with Warframe.

E:Should add to the list, riven rolling too fast apparently breaks the game.

There is probably plenty that are years old regarding ability interactions as they generally don't get updated if they are relatively harmless or a rare case scenario. Not sure but I think you can still use Hydroid's puddle to get out of bounds using POE collision geometry is one example.

Edited by XHADgaming

50 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

I'm sure older ones exist, but the most egregious / long standing one I see pop up every week is The War Within' looping / repeating; apparently been an issue since 2016 or 2017, so it's going on almost 7 years or so now. As I understand it's rather rare, but it still makes the player go through probably a repeat of an hour of the quest and has made a lot of people just quit the game entirely.

This ones happened to me EVERY time I've played through it, luckily just logging out and back in fixes it.

Probably not the oldest, but the oldest one I'm mad about. Khora's Venari had always been allowed to equip Ephemera, just like every other pet in the game. When Khora's Deluxe skin came out, DE broke this. The Appearance option to select an Ephemera was disabled or removed, so if you had an Ephemera equipped you couldn't take it off, nor change it, nor equip one. Just flat broken for the last 3 years or whatever.

My vote goes to anything related to the clunky ledge-climbing mechanics. Always ruins momentum and you can be sent flying the wrong way if you accidentally try to jump at the right moment. On the other hand, one of the good ledge-climbing bugs in the game right now allows Kahl to do some seriously awesome parkouring...

• Like 3

The oldest one that I'm aware of is that if you use Activate Selected Power controls rather than Power Menu controls, the fishing/hunting menu interface doesn't function.  This bug has been there since that interface was introduced to replace the previous fishing/hunting menu interface that was triggered from the standard Consumables binding.

17 hours ago, Zahnny said:

This isn't intended to be mean-spirited. I was doing the Nightwave to defeat Fighters using a hijacked Crewship and ran a Corpus mission. Despite hijacking a Corpus vehicle, Cephalon Cy stated that a "Grineer" ship had been hijacked.

I assume this is a bug that's stayed in since the Corpus expansion.

It's got me wondering just how many bugs haven't been fixed, or what the oldest bugs are that still exist today. I'm hoping with a thread like this, it might get enough attention to finally fix some of the longest running bugs in Warframe.

These can be bugs you've personally found, any bugs in general, or the oldest ones you know.

In that regard I'd like to give a shoutout to The Deadlock Protocal. There's still a lot of notable Day 1 bugs that haven't been fixed, such as bypassing the Rescue mission among many others.

The oldest one that i personally run in to is not being able to pick up an ayatan star (cyan or amber doesnt matter) with my warframe but being able to pick it up with my operator just fine. 

Theres a bug that can cause you to not be able to use weapons or ability until you die and reset it but that hasnt happened to me in awhile.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

The oldest one that i personally run in to is not being able to pick up an ayatan star (cyan or amber doesnt matter) with my warframe but being able to pick it up with my operator just fine. 

Hah, never thought to try it with operator. 

My workarounds are crouching, which helps maybe 50% of the time, or moving a step away and then back.  I think that works every time, or nearly enough I can't remember the exceptions.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I know in the past before DE improved transferring in and out of your Warframe, both were treat as different entities by the game. I'm not sure if that's no longer the case when they improved the transition, but it would often lead to scenarios where if a Door wasn't opening due to lag, you could change to your Operator and it'd suddenly open for them instead.

When I load in, sometime it shows someone else's frame jumping out of my liset and it clips badly. Been happening for years.

Also, the Mesa glitch when she can't use any abilities of you switch to fast between peacemaker and melee.

Edited by Hypernaut1