Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the new Sevagoth augment is actually cracked

I keep seeing people understandably talking about the styanax augment, as it is amazing, but I feel people are sleeping on the sevagoth augment. 

For those not aware, the new augment allows sevagoth’s first (and the 3rd in shadow form) to provide an additional crit buff when shooting debuffed enemies. This is a base chance of 50% crit. 

But heres the thing. Its additive crit….

That means just 200% crit chance allows every weapon to guarantee crits on any debuffed enemy. And when a debuffed enemy dies it spawns a shadow (up to 3) to roam the map and further debuff enemies for free. As far as I can tell the shadows just automatically seek non-affected enemies allowing for almost constant uptime. 

Its seriously so good and youve got to try it out. 

• Like 5

SHHHHHHHH!!!

Nobody listen to them, it's fodder, worst augment ever and definitely didn't rekindle my love of Sevagoth.

Same goes for Voruna's new augment, utter trash, don't bother with it at all............. <.< >.>

The additive crit bonus definitely slaps, but honestly my favorite part is his ghosties constantly popping out of dying enemies.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You are paying with a valuable mod slot though. 

True , but it is worth the cost. You can sacrifice either range or a bit of duration (duration has many other sources ). So it's not that big of a sacrifice for something that gives damage vulnerability and crit chance along with some damage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

You are paying with a valuable mod slot though. 

*Meanwhile OG SEvagoth*: Give me all your Strength for huge 2% damage boost (random small number).

Sev form is useful for:

- Gloom

- Gathering Death meter for Shadow form

You can use few hundreds of of Strength to get small damage buff (1 or 2, don't remember) or you can just use "reasonable" strength & this augment. In my opinion this augment should be built in.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I'm glad he got a new addition, but you couldn't pay me to play sevagoth.

Same but still... that flying ghost bullying poor Grineer girl is funny. Not sure what they do...

Thank you for this thread. I was sleeping on the augment because the description is too vague for what it actually does.

The three Shadows are automatically homing on enemies and each killed enemy spawns a new Shadow, so they keep refreshing the ability while spreading the debuff. Since they also do damage, they power Gloom's healing even if you don't do anything.

There's also a bonus. Due to the weird way Nourish is being treated, you can apply it on the Shadows. Now, it doesn't give them Viral damage but if they get attacked they will trigger the Viral AoE.

Amazing augment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Thank you for this thread. I was sleeping on the augment because the description is too vague for what it actually does.

The three Shadows are automatically homing on enemies and each killed enemy spawns a new Shadow, so they keep refreshing the ability while spreading the debuff. Since they also do damage, they power Gloom's healing even if you don't do anything.

There's also a bonus. Due to the weird way Nourish is being treated, you can apply it on the Shadows. Now, it doesn't give them Viral damage but if they get attacked they will trigger the Viral AoE.

Amazing augment!

This is very good information. I assume you need to actively cast Nourish on each newly spawned shadow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

That is correct.

Too bad. That's a pretty big downside to the combo but if you are doing a nourish setup anyway it is a nice little perk.

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

I tried out Voruna's augment and it is fun but the lack of synergy between the 3 and 4 kinda kills the flow, why don't the kills from the 4 count as melee?

Sevagoth augment sounds spicy, gonna be my next venture. 

I was wondering the same thing.

Edited by Leqesai

13 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

I tried out Voruna's augment and it is fun but the lack of synergy between the 3 and 4 kinda kills the flow, why don't the kills from the 4 count as melee?

Sevagoth augment sounds spicy, gonna be my next venture. 

With the possible unlimited 4th casts (recharging) you don't need that much energy (1st -25 and 2nd 50 energy afair). It's manageable. And if you want kill more enemies you can just semi spam 4th instead of casting 2nd to have "chance " (for slash).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, quxier said:

With the possible unlimited 4th casts (recharging) you don't need that much energy (1st -25 and 2nd 50 energy afair). It's manageable. And if you want kill more enemies you can just semi spam 4th instead of casting 2nd to have "chance " (for slash).

It's manageable with arcane energize but bad anti synergy design shouldn't be excused with outside sources.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

And the fact your Warframe slot is taken by Sevagoth. Lol.

After few MR slots are cheap. To be honest I even have few copies of not so used frames... just because I don't feel like removing them.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

After few MR slots are cheap. To be honest I even have few copies of not so used frames... just because I don't feel like removing them.

I'm not talking about inventory, I'm talking about your loadout. I already explained in a different thread, and it's probably a bad take for alot of people, but new Warframes just don't offer much practicality to use.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm not talking about inventory, I'm talking about your loadout.

I'm not using loadoats because they are so limited to begin with.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

I already explained in a different thread, and it's probably a bad take for alot of people, but new Warframes just don't offer much practicality to use.

That's some doze of subjectivity. On the release, 3 frames with near date of introduction: Yareli, Sevagoth and Caliban were (still are) not great. They have some clunkiness (e.g. cannot cast other abilities) or are weak (Sev 1+2 is useless without few hundreds of Strength). I've steel used Roar Yareli/Merulina for Grineer farming or Gloom Sevagoth. On other hand, in my opinion, recent frames (Gyre, Voruna, Kullervo) has much better designed mechanics/abilities (not without bugs - I'm looking at you Kullervo teleport). I've used them to some degree. It's all subjective. People can even like Yareli/Merulina altought it's just downgrouded frames' movement/mechanic. Or same with Mechs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I'm not using loadoats because they are so limited to begin with.

That's some doze of subjectivity. On the release, 3 frames with near date of introduction: Yareli, Sevagoth and Caliban were (still are) not great. They have some clunkiness (e.g. cannot cast other abilities) or are weak (Sev 1+2 is useless without few hundreds of Strength). I've steel used Roar Yareli/Merulina for Grineer farming or Gloom Sevagoth. On other hand, in my opinion, recent frames (Gyre, Voruna, Kullervo) has much better designed mechanics/abilities (not without bugs - I'm looking at you Kullervo teleport). I've used them to some degree. It's all subjective. People can even like Yareli/Merulina altought it's just downgrouded frames' movement/mechanic. Or same with Mechs

I'd like to chime in here as well if you don't mind.

Sevagoth, Yareli, and Caliban aren't the best Warframes, and while Sevagoth's augment made him more fun to play, it doesn't address some more fundamental issues the frame has.

On the other hand, every frame released after Styanax, including him, have been incredibly fun to play and have made their way into my Loadouts. I prefer to play Volt whenever I can buy Styanax almost made me switch. If only Tharros Strike healed companions...

Anyway, to each his own, of course.

Sorry, no, Sevagoth was always pretty cool in my book. The forma cost is a barrier (I dread Sevagoth Prime), but this Augment works very well - you can ignore his 1+2 synergy and just use his 1 and "any weapon with good crit multiplier". I threw Pillage over his 2 just for some armor strip and additional survivability, although having a resurrection passive that actually works already made him hard to truly kill.

It would be nice if the augment also worked on the Shadow - even if I had to also equip the augment ON the shadow, it also can inflict Death's Harvest and it has claws!