Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This is why DE doesn't take these threads seriously (and also likely a contributing factor to the zero community interaction in general), ya'll be disingenuous as hell.

You still didn't answer anything of what I said tho, if there's anyone being disingenuous here, it's you

10 hours ago, Thorham said:

That's insane 🙄

It's also in the course of 10 years

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

You still didn't answer anything of what I said tho, if there's anyone being disingenuous here, it's you

If you ever bring anything rational to the table, I might bother to debate with you. As things stand, however... there's no point. You're completely off the deep end, and there's simply no having a debate with someone like that.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

If you ever bring anything rational to the table, I might bother to debate with you. As things stand, however... there's no point. You're completely off the deep end, and there's simply no having a debate with someone like that.

I asked why it was 10€ more than a AAA game, you didn't answer because you don't have one

You're only replying because you don't want to admit you're wrong

• Like 8

2 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I asked why it was 10€ more than a AAA game, you didn't answer because you don't have one

You're only replying because you don't want to admit you're wrong

As i said to tuna a few comments ago don’t waste your time, your comments were valid and concise, some people are just set leave them to it.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

think the reason a lot of people aren’t happy is due to how the packs have been implemented, the issue seems less about said skins and more about the time limit, filler content and in general DE pushing a tactic that they didn’t push before.

I'd like to clarify one that Dtried this tactic at least twice before:

Fwiw:
- Ember Prime Access didn't have an accessories pack, it was later added for Rhino's Prime Access due to player feedback.
- The first unvault pack had no cosmetics only bundles, so only way to get unvaulted prime accessories was buying a bundle with the frame in it which was called out by a certain notable youtuber, generating a quick response from DE and a change in the next unvault.

The issue this time is that, even if there's a change for future Heirloom collections, Frost's and Mag's are already stated to never return which makes the whole bundle only situation especially annoying since we know that DE keeps that kind of promises and turning these skins into Excal Prime 2.0 and dividing the community into "haves" and "have nots".

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Fwiw:
- Ember Prime Access didn't have an accessories pack, it was later added for Rhino's Prime Access due to player feedback.
- The first unvault pack had no cosmetics only bundles, so only way to get unvaulted prime accessories was buying a bundle with the frame in it which was called out by a certain notable youtuber, generating a quick response from DE and a change in the next unvault.

The issue this time is that, even if there's a change for future Heirloom collections, Frost's and Mag's are already stated to never return which makes the whole bundle only situation especially annoying since we know that DE keeps that kind of promises and turning these skins into Excal Prime 2.0 and dividing the community into "haves" and "have nots".

They tried fomo tactics before?

10 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

They tried fomo tactics before?

Yes, but usually with smaller stuff such as sigils, badges and the weapon skins from supporter packs. At some point the Proto Excalibur skin was stated to be a timed exclusive but DE went back on it due to feedback, first by making it time limited and bringing it back for short periods of time before making it permanently available. 

Prime Accessories were initially stated to be exclusive as well, but it was in an ambiguous way which allowed DE to change the FAQ to "exclusive to Prime Access and Prime Vault programs" and bring them back.

TLDR: yes, but community reaction is usually the same and DE ends up bringing everything (but founder gear) back.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

See Excalibur Prime / Founders pack.

Argh yes you’re totally right

37 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Fwiw:

Ye you’re totally right thank you for the clarification, that makes it worse that they tried it again then lol, but ye thank you for pointing that out.

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Yes, but usually with smaller stuff such as sigils, badges and the weapon skins from supporter packs. At some point the Proto Excalibur skin was stated to be a timed exclusive but DE went back on it due to feedback, first by making it time limited and bringing it back for short periods of time before making it permanently available. 

Prime Accessories were initially stated to be exclusive as well, but it was in an ambiguous way which allowed DE to change the FAQ to "exclusive to Prime Access and Prime Vault programs" and bring them back.

TLDR: yes, but community reaction is usually the same and DE ends up bringing everything (but founder gear) back.

Lol we posted at the same time, I responded check it out thanks for the recap:)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

: yes, but community reaction is usually the same and DE ends up bringing everything (but founder gear) back.

The excal prime founder packs I understand, it was made when the games future was uncertain, and i do understand why it won’t come back to give the people who supported DE during that time of uncertainty a unique gift.

But with the heirloom pack as people have pointed out the 10 year supporters glyph being locked behind the pack does seem unthoughtful, but like you said some things DE brought back but the fact they have said once the time runs out these cosmetics are gone for good just sits poorly.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 4

On 2023-09-21 at 1:29 PM, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

I feel this is where DE really made a mistake: they don't seem to understand that "value" and "worth" aren't the same thing. When players said there wasn't enough, or no, VALUE in the Heirlooms to justify its price, DE threw plat at it -- which, yes, might've increased its WORTH but that isn't the problem. For example, an Accolade might cost $3 or $300 (worth) but what it represents (value) to players can't be summed up in currency.

I cant help but feel icky about the fact if i bought it, id be paying for a lot of things i have little to no use for. The halo things are cool. But i dont need aya. 

• Like 3

On 2023-09-21 at 9:59 PM, MirageKnight said:

Oh they'll certainly listen when enough people decide to curb their ingame purchases in protest and this issue gets enough public exposure.

Assuming enough players are going to do exactly that. As is at least on Steam the packs are sitting at more positive than negative reviews and the topic itself has pretty much died.

Also when issues like this happen is any context you find that most people who say they'll stop doing/supporting X they end up going right back so doing just that. Can almost guarantee that most players who said they'll stop spending money on the game are still going to jump at the next PA, Deluxe, Supporter pack, and/or discount they get.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trst said:

Also when issues like this happen is any context you find that most people who say they'll stop doing/supporting X they end up going right back so doing just that. Can almost guarantee that most players who said they'll stop spending money on the game are still going to jump at the next PA, Deluxe, Supporter pack, and/or discount they get.

I'm sitting here laughing, remembering this prime example of why these protest threads and those who pretend to be offended are both a complete joke.

93d8d4490dd27d2968e6f9df1f80d0f6.jpg

That's over 800 player accounts, and the majority of them were in the game they were supposedly boycotting. If I remember this correctly, this was during the pre-release too, which additionally meant all these people bought the more expensive editions (not just the base game).

• Like 5

On 2023-09-21 at 12:42 PM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This. Armored core 6 in its entirety cost me 60 bucks. 

But for me im more concerned about the precedent. 

>ah yes lets make more and more 90$ skin pairs you cant even get with plat 

"Poors lol". 

This statement reeks of snobbery and white knightism. Many people including myself in this thread have purchased prime access and or accessories and or plat packs multiple times. Its not about the $ amount its about the lack of value, among other things. 

"Lack of value"?  This $90 pack gives MORE value than the $100 platinum price.  You get 2100 plat PLUS all the other good stuff.

Now, if you don't want to pay that, or this pack doesn't have anything you "value" at $90, then fine, don't buy it...  but to say it is somehow not "worth it" in terms of objective pricing is demonstrably false.

Mind you, I cannot afford it, either, but doesn't mean it's "bad" just because I can't afford it.  There are TONS of things I can't afford... that's got nothing to do with their inherent value.

For some, $90 is a new game and some extras.  For others, it's these skins.  For others still, it's a bill paid or gas in their car or food on their table.

GAMING, ITSELF, is a LUXURY... yet you all speak of these things like it's somehow OWED to you, like it's some RIGHT you possess.  Newsflash, there are SO many wrongs in this world, so many crimes and horrors inflicted upon millions of people EVERY DAY... 

The price of optional cosmetics in a f2p *video game* is NOT one of them.   So please, stop your self-righteous bs, yeah?  (and just to make it CLEAR, I'm saying this to EVERYONE pushing this in the forums, not just the person I'm replying to.... since that seems to need to be pointed out in other threads c.c)

Nobody is being harmed.  It's a product, and that's the price.  Don't like it?  Don't pay it.  DE still lets ya play Warframe, same as ever, free of charge, with 99.9% of the content COMPLETELY FREE, with MORE on the way...  

but yup, they're trying to push a few skins to fund future content, so let's all burn down the tower and revolt!  /s

Friggin' hell, some of y'all SERIOUSLY need to get a grip... if THIS is such a travesty, then you must be bathed in privilege x.x   The rest of us just want to play Warframe and deal with the other REAL problems in our lives.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

...which is why it's so AWESOME that we even HAVE games like Warframe to play... games that are ACCESSIBLE to EVERYONE, whether they have money or not, to enjoy a high-quality game PACKED with YEARS of content!

It's like you're right there but you just can't make that final logical leap.

Yes, is so AWESOME that we even HAVE games like Warframe to play... games that are ACCESSIBLE to EVERYONE - oh but in this particular case only accessible to people with an extra $90 to burn.

• Like 5

@(PSN)JustJoshinEnt

I'm pretty sure most people understand that they have to make money, making more pack options will still require people to pay you know... And making it permanent would also only benefit them since anyone will be able to pay for it in the future.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
Quote is gone
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I'm pretty sure most people understand that they have to make money, making more pack options will still require people to pay you know... And making it permanent would also only benefit them since anyone will be able to pay for it in the future.

Pretty much, funny to see how some people seem to thinl that each unit of the skins needs to be made individually with its own resource sink before being sold so adding a cheaper bundle that may sell more units is bound to skyrocket production costs.

But this is digital goods we're talking about, these are made just once and then can be copied endlessly with no effort so the high price and time limit only undermine the possible earnings instead which -on top of the forced bundles thing already tried and failed twice before due community feedback- makes it hard to justify this move.

Edited by ----Legacy----
Clarification
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

"Lack of value"?  This $90 pack gives MORE value than the $100 platinum price.  You get 2100 plat PLUS all the other good stuff.

Now, if you don't want to pay that, or this pack doesn't have anything you "value" at $90, then fine, don't buy it...  but to say it is somehow not "worth it" in terms of objective pricing is demonstrably false.

Mind you, I cannot afford it, either, but doesn't mean it's "bad" just because I can't afford it.  There are TONS of things I can't afford... that's got nothing to do with their inherent value.

For some, $90 is a new game and some extras.  For others, it's these skins.  For others still, it's a bill paid or gas in their car or food on their table.

GAMING, ITSELF, is a LUXURY... yet you all speak of these things like it's somehow OWED to you, like it's some RIGHT you possess.  Newsflash, there are SO many wrongs in this world, so many crimes and horrors inflicted upon millions of people EVERY DAY... 

The price of optional cosmetics in a f2p *video game* is NOT one of them.   So please, stop your self-righteous bs, yeah?  (and just to make it CLEAR, I'm saying this to EVERYONE pushing this in the forums, not just the person I'm replying to.... since that seems to need to be pointed out in other threads c.c)

Nobody is being harmed.  It's a product, and that's the price.  Don't like it?  Don't pay it.  DE still lets ya play Warframe, same as ever, free of charge, with 99.9% of the content COMPLETELY FREE, with MORE on the way...  

but yup, they're trying to push a few skins to fund future content, so let's all burn down the tower and revolt!  /s

Friggin' hell, some of y'all SERIOUSLY need to get a grip... if THIS is such a travesty, then you must be bathed in privilege x.x   The rest of us just want to play Warframe and deal with the other REAL problems in our lives.

Oh i can certainly afford it. 

Just like i could afford so many access/accessories packs. 

But i stick to my previous statement.

You can disagree and thats one thing. What you dont get to do is conflate subjective and objective concepts.

"Its a good value for the price" is a SUBJECTIVE claim and know about of your feelies or white knighting for DE will change that. 

>but the other plat pa- so what? 

What if i dont consider that a good value either? At least not when prime packs exist. 

I consider it a bad deal because out of everything in the pack the only things i kinda want are the halos and to a smaller extent the skins for frost and mag. 

I consider it a bad deal also for the fact this is the first time that console tenno havent been able to buy warframe skins with plat, and even if you wanna compare tennogen skins on pc that as far as i know cant be bought with plat, cost a few dollars. 

And i consider it a bad deal because this is marketed as some fan celebration like theyre doing *us* a favor.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm sitting here laughing, remembering this prime example of why these protest threads and those who pretend to be offended are both a complete joke.

100%, I got the skins out of tennocon hype and didn't realize that I didn't like the monotization until after it sunk in. Like, how can I even wear whale cosmetics without being embaressed lmao! I'll work up the courage. 

14 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

What other good stuff? The $15 dollar skins or the already agreed upon horribly priced regal aya? Do you know how much platinum you get for a similarly priced prime access pack? Over 3000 plus actual frames and weapons. Not just skins. The value simply isn't there no matter how much your post reeks of cope. "Just deal with the real problems...." like the disgusting and sorry state the gaming industry is in right now?

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

On 2023-09-22 at 12:14 PM, MirageKnight said:

See Excalibur Prime / Founders pack.

To be fair, they have in-built fomo mechanics related to khal, archon shards and circuit.

Not saying I am against it if it keeps the game afloat but time-gated content still touches the fomo-recrptors in the brain.

16 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Warframe community has always been entitled af. 

DE will just release more halos down the line now that they're in the game and turn them into rewards. Sooner or later everyone will have access to some form of it, I'm sure. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Warframe community has always been entitled af.  passionate for fair prices. 

DE will just release more halos down the line now that they're in the game and turn them into rewards. Sooner or later everyone will have access to some form of it, I'm sure. 

Mmmm....   not these halos though, if I'm not mistaken their limited time offers with an exclusively promise so, once there gone there gone. 

That's part of why some of us are less than happy with the idea of paying min 60-70 $ if you only wanted the halos.( that go on every frame  btw )

• Like 4