Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

12 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

What if they sold all the contents of the pack individually for Regal Aya (Except the Glyph since you can't buy the prime Glyphs individually). This would allow people who only want some of the pack to get what they want. Wasn't that the whole point of regal over accessories pack the ability to choose.

Either this or having the skins and signas return in future packs without the accolades and whatnot would be ideal, but the problem lies on what they are advertising. Straight from the website:

Unlike the Warframes they venerate, these items won't remain for long, so move quickly Tenno! Each Heirloom Collection is only available until December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Q: Will these Heirloom Collections be available after 2023?

A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!

The logical expectation from this is to understand the skins will not return. While you could argue this means the collection and not the skins and signas, I don't think it's a strong enough argument.

So yeah, it is what it is.

• Like 3

On 2023-09-07 at 7:56 PM, PollexMessier said:

Imma be honest I never really payed attention to what that helmet even looked like cus I absolutely hate that skin

I only really like the "Day" part of it. Night's portion is just a hot mess.
 But to me? Day form tends to better in general before the cloth physics can screw off.
Deluxe skin just so happens to lack that cloth in Night Form.
Also because that little ball. Like I said, I think it's neat!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm someone that has already spent a pretty unhealthy amount of money in this game, so the price of the Heirloom Skins is realistically not something out of my price range. That being said, I really don't like how it was implemented.

A cash only skin that gives Regal Aya (useless if you already buy Prime Accessories) and some discounted Plat, along with a bunch of accolades / barely useful cosmetics, screams to me "I just want something expensive to flex on people," which is antithetical to the game's pricing model. Everything in the game can be earned for free, with exception to Founders and Tennogen. I spend money because I enjoy the game enough to play dress up with all my frames and guns, not because I have some sunk cost mindset. Warframe is fun for being Warframe for me.

The Heirloom Set, as a cash only collection that's priced slightly worse than Prime Access, has the same energy as someone buying a Rolex or Supreme jacket. It's a trashy, tacky way to flaunt wealth in an immature way.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Xamuswing said:

The Heirloom Set, as a cash only collection that's priced slightly worse than Prime Access, has the same energy as someone buying a Rolex or Supreme jacket. It's a trashy, tacky way to flaunt wealth in an immature way.

This statement reeks of seething envy that you simply can't afford those things, therefore to make yourself feel better you try to convince yourself that they're "trashy, tacky" and "immature".

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This statement reeks of seething envy that you simply can't afford those things

Two skins + a bunch of useless S#&$ are worth 80€, or 10€ more than a full AAA game, explain that

& before you even think of commenting, "but you're playing the game for free", you clearly haven't been paying attention to what's being said in this thread about many of us having already spent hundreds, if not thousands in it

• Like 8

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

Two skins + a bunch of useless S#&$ are worth 80€, or 10€ more than a full AAA game, explain that

& before you even think of commenting, "but you're playing the game for free", you clearly haven't been paying attention to what's being said in this thread about many of us having already spent hundreds, if not thousands in it

This. Armored core 6 in its entirety cost me 60 bucks. 

But for me im more concerned about the precedent. 

>ah yes lets make more and more 90$ skin pairs you cant even get with plat 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Ahh the "you can't afford it" argument. Well done.

"Poors lol". 

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This statement reeks of seething envy that you simply can't afford those things, therefore to make yourself feel better you try to convince yourself that they're "trashy, tacky" and "immature".

This statement reeks of snobbery and white knightism. Many people including myself in this thread have purchased prime access and or accessories and or plat packs multiple times. Its not about the $ amount its about the lack of value, among other things. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Its not about the $ amount its about the lack of value, among other things.

I feel this is where DE really made a mistake: they don't seem to understand that "value" and "worth" aren't the same thing. When players said there wasn't enough, or no, VALUE in the Heirlooms to justify its price, DE threw plat at it -- which, yes, might've increased its WORTH but that isn't the problem. For example, an Accolade might cost $3 or $300 (worth) but what it represents (value) to players can't be summed up in currency.

• Like 8

A whole lot of hoopla over some skins that literally no one needs. Really? If it was about game play features then it be bad, but some effing skins? Wow 🙄

7 hours ago, -Krism- said:

if not thousands

That's insane 🙄

Edited by Thorham
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thorham said:

A whole lot of hoopla over some skins that literally no one needs. Really? If it was about game play features then it be bad, but some effing skins? Wow 🙄

That's insane 🙄

And? People want to support the game it's not that difficult to add an option to buy both skins alone. It doesn't help that it's a limited time offer

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

And? People want to support the game it's not that difficult to add an option to buy both skins alone. It doesn't help that it's a limited time offer

And many want to support the game because they want to, not because they're forced to lest they miss out on hyper exclusive "poors lol" skins.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, -Krism- said:

This is why DE doesn't take these threads seriously (and also likely a contributing factor to the zero community interaction in general), ya'll be disingenuous as hell.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Oh they'll certainly listen when enough people decide to curb their ingame purchases in protest and this issue gets enough public exposure.

It's laughable that you think the tiny minority that care about this are going to move the needle in the slightest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You have a very warped sense of reality. Reddit would be a better fit for you.

Unfortunately you’ll find that in any open forum discussion, people like that tend to just like the interaction even if it’s negative, don’t get sucked in.

19 hours ago, Thorham said:

That's insane 🙄

I think the reason a lot of people aren’t happy is due to how the packs have been implemented, the issue seems less about said skins and more about the time limit, filler content and in general DE pushing a tactic that they didn’t push before.

people i’ve played with a lot have played for 5 years or more, have bought packs etc, because they love the game and in the normal world most games don’t last 5 years let alone 10 like warframe and no matter how it’s cut the support for the game has come from its players, instead of looking at just the skins look outside the box and use some critical thinking, things aren’t always so black and white.

• Like 7