Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

I honestly don't understand the uproar.

DE has a history of making money with overpriced cosmetics only. Prime Accessoires anyone? They are the only thing that you cannot buy with plat basically. And they have been here from the beginning.

I remember 100s of threads opened for Excalibur Prime over the 10 years. And people state that they want him so much, they would pay anything, just to have it available one more time. Yeah, this is the next Excalibur Prime. If it feels so bad not to have the skins, if you guys feel the need to pick up the pitchforks, maybe it is worth that much? It is not like you need it to play the game. And if you want the Heirloom skins, you buy them and if you don't want to buy them, you can safely ignore them. There will be no disadvantage for you. You just don't have an item that you wouldn't have anyway if they did not offer this package. If you don't have the money, I am sorry, but this is capitalism. There are 1000s of things I cannot buy.

Now you say: FOMO, IT IS FOMO. Yeah, an Enzo Ferrari is FOMO as well. I cannot buy it, it is too expensive. Should I now open a thread and beg Ferrari to make it available or cheap, so I can afford it? Should I grab pitchforks and start wishing doom on Ferrari? Oh wait, we just talk about computer games? What about Star Citizen? There are items which go for above 30.000 bucks real money.

The mature way is to either buy it or leave it. I did the same for Diablo. Skins for 27bucks? No thank you. But I did not feel the need to vent and tear the whole game or company down like some guys in this thread want.

Some of you post that you are F2P for 10 years now and that you are insanely proud of this achievement. While I don't like this perspective and I see that somehow games like Warframe are only maintained, when there is enough money and someone needs to  pay for it somehow, why not leave that to whales who shell out 90 bucks for 2 skins? Why are you so angry?

Do you feel betrayed, because they want a lot of real money for cosmetics now? I already told you, Prime Accessoires exist from the beginning and they are exactly that. And honestly, I think that 45 bucks for the 120th Syandana is a bit much. So I don't buy them.

I think we are all here, because we love this game a lot. And if we love this game, we want it to go on for another 10 years, right? And the more money a game makes, the more likely it is to stay. So if they find another source of income with Heirloom skins, this is only good for everyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

DE has a history of making money with overpriced cosmetics only. Prime Accessoires anyone? They are the only thing that you cannot buy with plat basically. And they have been here from the beginning.

I remember 100s of threads opened for Excalibur Prime over the 10 years. And people state that they want him so much, they would pay anything, just to have it available one more time. Yeah, this is the next Excalibur Prime. If it feels so bad not to have the skins, if you guys feel the need to pick up the pitchforks, maybe it is worth that much? It is not like you need it to play the game. And if you want the Heirloom skins, you buy them and if you don't want to buy them, you can safely ignore them. There will be no disadvantage for you. You just don't have an item that you wouldn't have anyway if they did not offer this package. If you don't have the money, I am sorry, but this is capitalism. There are 1000s of things I cannot buy.

Now you say: FOMO, IT IS FOMO. Yeah, an Enzo Ferrari is FOMO as well. I cannot buy it, it is too expensive. Should I now open a thread and beg Ferrari to make it available or cheap, so I can afford it? Should I grab pitchforks and start wishing doom on Ferrari? Oh wait, we just talk about computer games? What about Star Citizen? There are items which go for above 30.000 bucks real money.

The mature way is to either buy it or leave it. I did the same for Diablo. Skins for 27bucks? No thank you. But I did not feel the need to vent and tear the whole game or company down like some guys in this thread want.

Some of you post that you are F2P for 10 years now and that you are insanely proud of this achievement. While I don't like this perspective and I see that somehow games like Warframe are only maintained, when there is enough money and someone needs to  pay for it somehow, why not leave that to whales who shell out 90 bucks for 2 skins? Why are you so angry?

Do you feel betrayed, because they want a lot of real money for cosmetics now? I already told you, Prime Accessoires exist from the beginning and they are exactly that. And honestly, I think that 45 bucks for the 120th Syandana is a bit much. So I don't buy them.

I think we are all here, because we love this game a lot. And if we love this game, we want it to go on for another 10 years, right? And the more money a game makes, the more likely it is to stay. So if they find another source of income with Heirloom skins, this is only good for everyone.

Or just don't charge $70 for skins and use FOMO to sell them.

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

DE also has a strong history of:

a) making uncalculated decisions with intention to "iron out"

b) using first time users as guinea pigs and testing grounds

c) backpedaling on decisions due to community response

Been here long enough to witness all of the above and it seems, enough people remember certain decisions and situations that helped save direction game was heading (paid revives, alert system, leveling mods with duplicates, grinding T4 to death etc. etc.)

We as community have obligation to react to decisions they make and help them navigate. No need to be hostile, but we need to be firm with what we will tolerate.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 16

4 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

I guess the warm ten-year thank you to all of us registered losers is an extra-scummy attempt to pry our wallets open one more time.

(Most people would have bought this pack for $30.)

they literally could of sold tons if they just priced it like this:

Risen Heirloom Collection: 29.99 > 9.99
Celestial Heirloom Collection: 69.99 >29.99

Zenith Heirloom Collection: 89.99 > 39.99

Frost Heirloom Collection: 14.99

Mag Heirloom Collection: 14.99

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

prime accessories are 40$ and include platinum and boosters, if you have every prime stuff and all prime accessories, regal aya is 100% WORTHLESS, both skins, color pallet, and extras outside of platinum and regal aya are 30, maybe 40$, there is absolutly no reason to force the aya in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wawus said:

DE also has a strong history of:

a) making uncalculated decisions with intention to "iron out" later

b) using first time users as guinea pigs and testing grounds

c) backpedaling on decisions due to community response

Been here long enough to witness all of the above and it seems, enough people remember certain decisions and situations that helped save direction game was heading (paid revives, alert system, grinding T4 to death etc. etc.)

We as community have obligation to react to decisions they make and help them navigate. No need to be hostile, but we need to be firm with what we will tolerate.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. No matter how bad the decision may be it's never an excuse to hurl vitriol at someone. At the end of the day they're just human. But this is an absolutely atrocious misstep and we need to make it clear that we won't tolerate it. It's up to the community to keep any developer from getting ahead of themselves.

• Like 8

As truly beautiful as the skins and accessories are, locking it all behind such expensive tiers feels exceptionally egregious.

I understand the bulk of the cost is going into the Platinum and the Aya, but that almost makes it worse. I can understand this being a great welcome pack for for newcomers, but a great bulk of us really have no real use for Regal Aya (speaking for myself, I have EVERY prime frame currently obtainable, and a great bulk of the weapons), meaning the only purchases left to make are the prime accessories, which REALLY should be obtainable with otherwise non-premium currencies anyway.

At such a price point, you are (relatively) not that far off from, say, any given Prime Access, that not only includes a proper frame, but also it's weapons and matching accessories, 90-day affinity and resource boosters, and a MINDBLOWING 3990 Platinum!

Finally, taking the bundle's extremely limited availability into account, offering a much more affordable cosmetic-only tier makes that much more sense. A price of $30 (USD) seems entirely reasonable, and I'm sure I speak for most of us here, just about everyone. MAYBE $35, but definitely no more.

Greater accessibility means more purchases, (almost) every time.

Normally I would just submit something like this to support, but there isn't really a "feedback submission form", as far as I could find.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, MaleniaBladeofMiquella said:

This sums up my feelings perfectly. No matter how bad the decision may be it's never an excuse to hurl vitriol at someone. At the end of the day they're just human. But this is an absolutely atrocious misstep and we need to make it clear that we won't tolerate it. It's up to the community to keep any developer from getting ahead of themselves.

The most grounded approach is to make your complaint and stop playing for an undetermined amount of time. The last part, however, is in a weird position where some don’t actually fulfill it.

In theory, the above would scare them to make changes without going into toxic territory, but in practice some won’t commit to it so the backlash only has a portion of its maximum potential. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, xGryphus said:

I do agree that inclusion of Aya/Platinum in the bundle artificially bloats it's price, however people fail to notice that this is a luxury item, aimed at those who want to show they support for the game rather then everyone.

Consider that the support would still be there, being the nature of a purchase.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xGryphus said:

I do agree that inclusion of Aya/Platinum in the bundle artificially bloats it's price, however people fail to notice that this is a luxury item, aimed at those who want to show they support for the game rather then everyone.

It's no more luxury than all the other delux skins I got for free from farming plat or paid 7.00 for a 170 plat pack.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Please tell me you're attempting a poor Devil's Advocate so we can laugh all that off.

It's the aspect where they shove a bunch of garbage into a bundle, lock it behind FOMO and expect people to buy it.

The "update" bundles are one thing. Usually it's ONE tiny accessory-- and most times it's JUST a Glyph.
I never liked those bundles with "exclusives" in them either. Especially when it's a Weapon Skin or something of more importance.

Why? Because we'll never get them again.

Prime Accessories have- and will- come back eventually.
Nightwave Cosmetics have- and will- come back eventually.
Most events (unless stated otherwise!) will come back eventually.

Yet, these two skins. Released on a ten year anniversary. A time to be greatly celebrated...
... is soured by the sheer amount of garbage to shove a bigger price tag on there.

Was it too much to ask for the skins on their own?
Was it too much to ask for them to come back another day?
Perhaps a day when I have the money in a distant future where rent isn't costing a literal arm?

Of course it was, so now we're demanding it.
Please tell me you're not that dense, I don't like assuming people are such.
Much less confirming it.

• Like 6

I concur and what grinds my gears further is that the accolade for being a supporter for 10 years is also included, meaning that you have to pay up for an otherwise complimentary achievement for the players who've actually stuck around for that amount of time.

Edited by Renathy
  • Like 8

This is wildly disappointing for me as well. I really like how Prime Access in its own gave enough to justify buying and supporting, allowing skins like the Deluxe skins to stay earnable ingame. 

This just feels like they're throwing around their entire business model. This is wild and sad even if they would sell the skins as separate. They should be earnable in-game PERIOD. NOT locked behind a paywall with fomo-tactics on top of that. Even IF they would be behind a paywall, at the very least let them return every year for Tennocon, and make them separate buyable options. These pack prices are ridiculous.

What I LOVE about warframe is that no deluxe items are behind huge prices. There's so many good cosmetics that the prime accessories from prime access are not too big a thing to miss out on - yet fantastic to have. Skins on the other hand are a HUGE overhaul in how your character looks. There's the Tennogen which I'm personally not a fan of, HOWEVER they're not outrageous in pricing and I do like that it's community driven.

Collecting the cool official skins/accessories was essentially my biggest motivation apart from 'completing the pokedex'. This really just sours that and actually genuinely makes me lose interest in the game.

Warframe loses a very particular charm when they go down this monetization path. It's sad.

• Like 12

I guess it is expensive, but you would think we didn't get ANYTHING to commemorate the anniversary for free with the way some of you are acting. But rage away- i wont mind if they drop the price in response. It'll save me some money.

Edited by Hypernaut1