Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Aky.Minowara said:

Warframe is unique exactly for not doing that. If DE start to align with others, they will lose everything, rust and decay like most of them. 

Currently, Warframe is in top 5 best video games and one of the biggest who still exist for so long.

DE did similar questionable things several times in the past already. So not, they are not.
Yes, along with PoE. 10 year old game which is still going strong, not rusted, not decaying, very popular

6 minutes ago, Aky.Minowara said:

I've spent money not because I need it something I couldn't get in the game, but only to show my support for a decent developer and a fair game.

as you should

1 minute ago, (PSN)hazelmantis3 said:

You notice anything money related DE tries to fix the problem as soon as possible? look last year with regal aya, a week later they responded to feedback on it, this one an even quicker response.

But when it comes to game issues look how long they take, look how long we asked for syndicate standing to not be ties to sigils, look how they didn't even respond to the massive complaints about the curser UI on consoles (yes I'm still bitter about it) we asked for universal vacuum on warframes, medallions working on conclave or even something as small as Ash`s teleport bug, I can keep going.

DE you need to buck up your ideas, I hope the "big" QOL update in October will actually fix long-time issues. As long as you keep pulling stupid stunts like this, people will always check you.

Forgot to add they tried to blame us for the Aya bs 

• Like 2

I can't believe that people can still spend $10 more and get 500 Platinum less. This is in regards to buying the $70 first and the $30 later. On PlayStation, only 1 new DLC pack is shown beside the game you're previewing and you have to dig through PS4/PS5 store menus to see everything available. Of course, the one that they advertised was only the $70. Please address this for those who bought individually, it's just scummy to short people when they spent more money than necessary.

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

You didn't learn anything or listened to any one

Mostly everyone asked for a cheaper pack with the cosmetics only no platinum or regal aya just the cosmetics  but you decided to not listened in the hopes people will forget and fomo will kick in and you get 100 dollars 

Your game has started going down hill and get extremely greedy ever since tencent took over and you truly have stopped listening to fans 

I don't care much for the price but It's also a cosmetic item that has no impact on the game in any way shape or form. 

I'm gonna be blunt here. You (the company as a whole) are still being ingenuine with the accolade and leaving out people who have been playing the game and buying stuff from the game as well as plain loyal players in the dust. 

The accolade is not to celebrate anything. 

• Like 5

I'm more angry at this than I was at Bungie's state of the game.  Probably because my expectations for Bungo are so low. But DE has always been an example to me of how to do things fairly in the live service space.

"We can't not use manipulative tactics for this bundle because it wouldn't be fair to the people we manipulated" is some responsibility dodging.

Change the terms, and offer darn refunds. It's the right thing to do.

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Naohero said:

This bundle has come a long way from the value of the Founders' bundles. This has to be the most overpriced, FOMO filled product I have ever seen Digital Extremes release. I predict DE will use these opportunities again in the future like it did with Regal Aya to push and test the players on how much it can exploit us until we become complacent.

imagine being a founder because you believed in DE, then seeing them being more and more predatory with pricing. I'm all for supporting DE, but the only proof you've supported DE over the 10 years is by buying a 90€ pack feels kinda fake.

I remember seeing Rebecca and Steve daily in the council chat. Now all I'm seeing is greed with that kind of pricing and items.
I'm going to sound like a boomer, but when the team used to have much less than 100 people, supporting them with pricy founder packs actually meant keeping DE afloat.

This heirloom pack doesn't feel like that at all, especially since DE has over 500 people now (according to wikipedia)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them.  We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element.

You could just offer refunds to people who've bought them already and remove the time limit.   It seems like the information you'd gain on what percentage of buyers got them mostly because of exclusivity would be valuable. .

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Like I've said to several others: My posts are not personal evaluations on how things should be but rather evaluations on how things are currently. I don't like the trade laws either hence why my initial post went with I understand that wish but they are still laws that companies are obliged to follow irrespective of my personal viewpoints. Impersonal vs. personal viewpoints.

Wait, didn't we talk about this before?

Sorry, I didn't notice the name if we did, my bad

14 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

If you're suggesting DE is hard-up for money, might I point out that they're developing at least two games and just hosted a convention.

what? how did you get that from what I wrote?

I am suggesting that Warframe players are too sensitive and less reasonable.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 1

This solution entirely misses the mark. The main issue I and many other people have had with these bundles is that they unnecessarily bundle together items that many people just dont want. I dont care about regal aya, i dont care about mag. Adding more plat to these bundles doesnt change the fact that its at least $70 to get the cosmetics that people actually care about. We need lower cost versions of these bundles. Ideally we should be able to just buy the skins we want but at the bare minimum, we need a bundle without regal aya.

Edited by LogmantheLogjam
  • Like 3

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's not what I meant xD, Burh

I meant this in the context of "oh you only care for what DE think" not that

You see. If I'm being honest. The best step forward would NOT be refunding EVERYONE who bought the bundle. But instead having a message sent to the inbox of all the people who HAVE bought it with an Email in the inbox message if they wish to request a refund. And THEN releasing smaller bundles. Of either just the skins alone with their matching signa's or the 2 skins split apart from one another.

This way, the people who OWN the bundle and bought it without any problems with it don't have to go through another pointless transaction when they'd already gotten all the stuff they wanted, and the people that just wanted the skins could send an email to the email provided in the inbox.

However, While this Refund would be nice. There is the problem of. What about the people who have already spent Regal Aya or Plat and try to use the email as a loophole to get more plat out of them? Unless they are able to remove items from the players account directly and full refund the money spent. Equivalent exchange and all that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RiiyoX said:

I don't care much for the price but It's also a cosmetic item that has no impact on the game in any way shape or form. 

And? People still want to support the game but not like this. Making a pack just for the skins or a pack for each would help, or you know remove the time gate.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 7

And that is, those who bought earlier will not receive a platinum bonus or how it is because I do not understand. We all wanted the price of the package, not the content.. Why didn't you make separate packages for Mag and Frost and these gestures, icons, etc., etc. Yes, you would have a 4/5 option because I will mark not everyone playing Frost or Mag and e.g. I play Frost very little but I play Mag a lot so I buy a pack for this one Warframe and not for second of which I practically don't play the other one

2 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I'm more angry at this than I was at Bungie's state of the game.  Probably because my expectations for Bungo are so low. But DE has always been an example to me of how to do things fairly in the live service space.

"We can't not use manipulative tactics for this bundle because it wouldn't be fair to the people we manipulated" is some responsibility dodging.

Change the terms, and offer darn refunds. It's the right thing to do.

Yep useing us players as a scape goat...again

• Like 6

DE if this was an acceptable solution you would not be being immediately re-dogpiled by nearly everyone over this. Make a skin-only bundle at an appropriate price. If the cost of the cheapest current bundle alongside the skins was cheaper than the current middle bundle, then I'd buy both in a heartbeat. But I'm not buying the cheapest bundles when I'd miss out on the skins, and I'm not buying the bundles with the skins when it's forcing me to buy ~30 worth of regal aya I don't need BECAUSE I ALREADY SUPPORT YOU by buying prime accessory packs!

• Like 4

So not actually addressing the issue and still going ahead with this poor decision.

Can't wait to see what next horrible microtransaction idea you guys cook up as it just keeps getting worse in regards to mtx each year.

• Like 6

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

guessing only a very tiny portion of the community doesn't wear time-gate blinders. how are you guys blind to all the other time-gated packages?

selective perception

As long as they don't want the thing in the time-gated packeges, all is fine.
Once they want the thing in the time-gated package, DE bad.

• Like 1