Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop: Companion Improvements and Tweaks

[DE]Momaw

6 hours ago, MichauNeedsHealing said:

hey so this is just not true, vulpaphylas keep vacuum when downed, do you think it was the most used companion in the game for no reason lmao

This is wrong. Vulpaphylas main body becomes invisible (translucent) when downed and disapears shortly thereafter - once it disappears all mods on the companion cease to function, including vacuum and radar.

• Like 1

Increase health by 50 or by 500, companions are going to continue to be vaporised in steel path and other high level content, ESPECIALLY now that we can't help them with abilities. And respawning after 60s will not change this, they'll still spend 80% of their time being dead when we need them.

I'm particularly baffled by the changes to Hard Reset. I only really want to revive my sentinel in endless missions, where I can wait for two or three eximi to spawn so I can easily get the necessary mercy kills (solo perks I guess), and the 40sec window was very forgiving. But like, the new version rewards getting these kills with only 10s reduced cooldown? So it only gets you 1/6th of the way there?! With how rare mercy kills can be, this is nigh-on useless, and no strategy can save it.

Most of the update is amazing, but this is just not it imo :/

In conclusion, sentinels are gonna be even worse in high level content :)

• Like 1

These stat buffs mean nothing, when you still loose Vacuum and Loot Radar while your companion is "Incapacitated". And having a 0.5 seconds longer Vacuum because they survive so much longer amounts to no actual improvement.

Change Vacuum & Radar Mods to stay active while your Companion is "Incapacitated" and this will be one of the greatest reworks of all time, it's literally what the Community is asking for, for years now.

• Like 4

I love that the pets are getting some love, and i think the Mods on the Dev-stream are a good start, Especially the Speed buff that pets get by Airgliding, that one could definitely be fun!

I hoped for a bit too much, like getting new animals, such as bolarolla´s, or a Bird companion or something... (which you guys should 100% add), but of course this is just a tweak. 
A thing i also wish to see would be the addition of having a second Pet slot so to say... I mean the idea of having 2 dogs, (or 2 Ravens) would be sick, 
but it would also solve an Issue that the Smeeta and Helios brings. 

I know you changed spare parts to Salvage scanner, and i hope that this actually increases all around drop-chances. 
This would cause people to perhaps not take a Smeeta kavat for all times, but perhaps the good ol´ Taxon, giving additional drops to the Acolytes and such.
Adding this rare Recource funktion to the Kubrow´s would definitely help too, making it a lot less onesided on what to bring to a recource-farming run.

17 hours ago, Cerikus said:

And will continue to do so. Doesn't matter if you rename it, put it on a cooldown or give us more ways to revive companions, it will STILL be an issue.

Unless there is permanent vacuum/fetch I am NOT giving this rework a chance. Will continue to use my Helios.

Please fix it, otherwise this rework was a huge waste of time.

Sad that can only comment and be negative when years of problems just was addressed and the only thing that wasn't, was the vacuum/fetch feature. Question big brain, if the companion is incapacitated, who tf is running around to "fetch" the loot drops. It wouldn't make sense. Just stop being lazy, I've played Warframe for years, and this has never been an issue 

20 minutes ago, Cephalon_Umbra said:

These stat buffs mean nothing, when you still loose Vacuum and Loot Radar while your companion is "Incapacitated". And having a 0.5 seconds longer Vacuum because they survive so much longer amounts to no actual improvement.

Change Vacuum & Radar Mods to stay active while your Companion is "Incapacitated" and this will be one of the greatest reworks of all time, it's literally what the Community is asking for, for years now.

Loot radar got added as a bad feature, glad to see you can read lol. And why is everyone so hurt over vacuum not working when your companion is dead. The sucker is downed, it's like saying your Warframe should still be able to bullet jump or use abilities or some core function, while downed. Absolutely ridiculous the amount of people crying over this

• Like 2

23 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • Regen has been changed significantly. Because your Sentinels no longer die after reaching zero Health, Regen instead reduces the Incapacitation time of your Sentinel by 20 seconds, and provides 6 seconds of Invulnerability after reviving.
  • Primed Regen provides a greater benefit: Incapacitation time is reduced by 35 seconds, and provides 6 seconds of Invulnerability after reviving.
  •  

ive been waiting years for thisor similar effect to happen, tho reduce by 40s on primed regen wouldve been very nice. anyways much appreciated change 💪👍

• (Parazon) Hard Reset: Changed from instantly reviving your pet if you achieved 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds, to reducing your pet's Incapacitation time by 10 seconds on each Mercy Kill.

Dev note: We found that this was fairly difficult to achieve. Changing it to allow incremental progress makes it more reliably beneficial to use this.

very nice, much appreciated too! 👍

• Fired Up has been both improved and simplified. Previously this would require that your Sentinel has been shooting continuously for some period of time, and then added a Heat damage multiplier. This has been changed so that the Sentinel gains a 5% bonus Heat damage on every weapon hit up to 100%. The bonus resets after 5 seconds without the Sentinel getting a hit

Dev note: This Mod was difficult to understand and only worked if the Sentinel weapon already did some amount of Heat damage. The mechanics are now more intuitive and the bonus applies the same way adding a Mod would, so your Sentinel's weapon doesn't need to already do Heat damage to benefit.

sad, basically having a (1 + 0.6) multiplier to heat mods was fun, tho from my experience it didnt scale into heat procs in any kind. I'm excited to see how it'll behave post-update 👍

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)KBones9999s:

Loot radar got added as a bad feature, glad to see you can read lol. And why is everyone so hurt over vacuum not working when your companion is dead. The sucker is downed, it's like saying your Warframe should still be able to bullet jump or use abilities or some core function, while downed. Absolutely ridiculous the amount of people crying over this

Seems like you cant read, its Enemy Radar, not Loot Radar.

Zitat

Universal Enemy Radar

Players now have a Universal Enemy Radar set to 30m to help new players navigate through their missions. Warframe is more fun when you know where your foes are, and we felt that this important mechanic no longer needed to be tied to game progression.

Existing Enemy Radar Mods will simply add to the base Enemy Radar values!
ie. your Enemy Radar with Enemy Sense equipped would now be 60m!

Hmm, let's do some quick maths, shall we?

Base Incapacitation time: 60s

For sentinels it would be: Regen/Prime Regen (-20/-35s)

60-20(35)=40(25)

Either 40 or 25 whopping seconds of not having Vacuum. How will we survive with 25 seconds of not being able to pick loot while we are constantly moving? D:

But wait, there's more!

If it's Djiin, Reawaken reduces the Incapacitation timer by 6s each time you pick an energy orb. So picking 4 energy orbs revives your Djinn instantly. A shame most warframes don't increase energy orb drops :c

Now, for pets we have only Medi-Pet Kit reducing it by only 15s. That means a total of 45s of Incapacitation. The difference with Sentinels, it's that you can still revive your pet MANUALLY while they are Incapacitated. But that would mean moving to where you pet is laying and holding down a key. Too much effort :c

But wait, there's EVEN MORE!

With Hard Reset, each Mercy Kill you perform reduces the time by another 10s!

Adding it to the previous math we get that Sentinels would require 2 Mercy kill to revive them, while pets would require at most 4 (since the animation alone would take up for the 5s) to get them back in action. But that would also require a minimun of effort too :c

Now, seriously, any person saying the rework is trash has to be either Panzer enjoyers tilted that their pet will lose the only thing that made them meta, or leeches that losing vacuum means not getting any loot while they afk. I'll take not having Vacuum for 60s at worst than losing it for the entirety of the mission. Not only companions are getting tankier and benefiting from the new shield mechanics, making them harder to kill, now sentinels take very little time to repair and pets can be manually revived. And we haven't even seen the new mods for the companions. There's some room for tweeking and improving, but overall the rework is pretty great. For so long companions were just vacuum/fetch slaves and the rework is helping them getting a little bit more of life into the game.

Edited by Xalcer
  • Like 4

On 2023-09-28 at 4:36 PM, [DE]Momaw said:
  • Spare Parts: Replaced completely. Previously Spare Parts would cause Sentinels to drop rare materials on death. This has been replaced by Salvage Scanner, which causes your Sentinel to mark enemies for 5 seconds, choosing a new target every 15 seconds. Killing the marked enemy causes them to drop extra loot.

Dev note: Since Pets no longer die, we wanted to change their resource drop to something that was more interactive and rewards combat instead of your Sentinel randomly exploding.

There goes the ONLY reliable way of farming rare resources that are an absolute pain in the butt to get by running around in the map...

Also, most of this is useless junk when in high level missions pets will still spend 90% or more of their time being dead incapacitated...

And still no universal vacuum?

Vacuum still lost when pets go down? 

Ffs.

How many years do players need to BEG you to add goddamn universal vacuum? 

Sure, let pets increase the vacuum range, but give us proper base vacuum range universally as enemy radar is becoming universal too.

Let us use those 2 slots in pets for something more useful or interesting! Or add 1 Exilus Slot to pets so at least Vacuum could go into that!

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
  • Like 3

Its is weird how you WANT to prevent Warframe Abilities working with Companions.

Like why? Why shouldn't the choice of a Warframe help to determine that a let lasts longer instead of just the Mods?

Using a Support/Healer should make them survive longer, you know because you're #*!%ing healing and protecting them with your ABILITIES of your Warframe.

• Like 3

On 2023-09-28 at 10:36 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Consistency In Pet Healing

Hey all of this is wrong.

You DO NOT NEED Link Mods in order for these to heal your pet.

1. Penance's activation and heal on hit still heals without Link Mods.

2. Blessing still heals without Link Mods

3. Mend and Main still heals without Link Mods.

4. Sancti Magistars heavy attacks still heal without Link Mods.

Not only would this be an uneeded nerf to a bug that doesn't need nfixing, but it would also nerf on the FALSE PREMISE of a Bug or Unintended interaction when these abilities heal just normally without the use Link Mods.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Hey all of this is wrong.

You DO NOT NEED Link Mods in order for these to heal your pet.

1. Penance's activation and heal on hit still heals without Link Mods.

2. Blessing still heals without Link Mods

3. Mend and Main still heals without Link Mods.

4. Sancti Magistars heavy attacks still heal without Link Mods.

Not only would this be an uneeded nerf to a bug that doesn't need nfixing, but it would also nerf on the FALSE PREMISE of a Bug or Unintended interaction when these abilities heal just normally without the use Link Mods.

Pretty sure you're misreading it. The Link mods restore pet Health/Shield when only you should be getting Health/Shield for some stuff, like Healing Return, and dip on some that heal you and allies, like Molt Reconstruct. Stuff that specifically heals allies should still work fine.

The post also says that they're removing the restrictions the abilities have, not them affecting pets.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhekinos said:

I didn’t see it mentioned in the workshop post but will there be any changes to the Master’s Summons Helminth skill in lieu of this rework?

It already sees very little use and currently functions pretty much only as an instant pet reviver (from bleedout). If companions don’t die anymore I honestly don’t see the point for subsuming in this ability anymore and would like to see some changes to make it more useful.

Reworking Master's Summon to immediately revive companions and summon copies of them for a time could be a funny ability, every once in a while you get a small hunting squad.

• Like 2

On 2023-09-28 at 9:05 PM, HunterDigi said:

Oh nice! So nothing actually changes for me. I was worried my cat would be forced to stay out for 60s compared to now where I can instantly revive her with Vazarin.

Would be nice if vacuum was universal too like enemy radar is going to be universal... and needs a bit of loot radar too (especially in duviri when not on a horse, why do I need to get in a horse to find plants in a cave xD)

I am also concerned how Charm will be nerfed in the next iteration :(

I worry actually. Smeeta has long been the most helpful pet and nerfing what makes it unique is kinda unfair. I believe the Sahasa has Dig iirc? That can find ammo and random stuff too. I think upgrading the other companions to be more helpful or interesting would balance more than just as usual; Fun Police one of the best pets they made leaving pretty much the Panzer Vulpaphyla as the lone solidly-useful pet though some like the Sly or Crescent for their charge stuns

• Like 3

I wouldn't really say it was Charm that was making Smeeta the most used companion, it was perma-death, terrible AI interactions preventing the use of precept mods, and some precepts were incredibly weak making them a waste of a mod slot under most circumstances. For the most part, companions are only useful for their utility, and were never a good source of damage.

Some Sentinels have very strong augments, like Energy Generator for Dethcube, which is only useful if you can keep the sentinel alive. In longer missions, or anything Radiation Modifiers, you're far better off taking anything that can be revived because of how much losing your enemy radar and vacuum negatively effect you.  

The Dig mod for Sahasa Kubrows is an example where AI holds the mod back from being useful most of the time. The companion likes to Prioritize fighting nearby enemies and even refuses to activate if the player is attacking anything or receiving damage.  

Retrieve would be a good mod if it could activate more frequently. The cooldown makes this mod useless for general item farming and is inadequate as a substitute for a loot frame for a game mode like Survival, it can't be used frequently enough to have any observable effect on life support drops.  

Diriga and its default weapon are so terrible that they might as well not exist; It takes over a minute for the Vulklok to fire 10 shots. The mods associated with the Diriga don't seem to do much either, the size of most tilesets is small enough that the generic Assault mod is more than enough most of the time, and the other mods can be replaced by just adding electricity to your weapon.  

Then there's the issue where I can't control companion AI. This is more of a niche issue for anyone playing a Spy mission that can't toggle invisibility, the companion (Sentinels and Moas) will target enemies inside the vault while you are visible setting off alarms. This also has the opposite effect outside of Spy vaults where if you're playing something like Octavia in a survival mission and you go invisible, your sentinel will not attack anything.  

I've also had issues with the Moa Security Override Mod where the Moa either refuses to path to the console, is stuck 300m away, stuck walking into a wall, or decides it wants to "try" to hack it but is never able to solve it.  

There are too many issues with companions and Charm is just an easy "set it and forget it" mod to use. It doesn't suffer from the same drawbacks that other mods like Dig have and I'm pretty sure I've even had the mod proc while my companion was in a downed state.

Edited by IDystopiaI
  • Like 3

So you changed Djinn so it still is special, what about Venari? Aside from her cosmetics still being borked, you haven't reworked her. You guys do know everyone Helminth's out Venari for varying abilities? That's how bad her Commands are. Attack works decently, Heal can be helpful though not so much these days and Protect is garbo. Perhaps due to how Warframe has evolved, change Venari. Tap, she locks on and will assault the enemy until death, Hold she bounces between a group. If she is KO'd then casting it revives her as normal - seeing as players could care less about being healed wanting all action all the time anyway

• Like 2