Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop: System Changes and General Quality of Life

[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

for banshee: 

banshee's a bit tricky, i think her survivability is kind of a meme since she's supposed to survive through stealth but her stealth ability doesn't actually keep you alive. silence works great until the enemy stays alive longer than the initial stagger (although them not hearing you is a pretty neat bonus for modes where they're not alert by default). if you're good with banshee's abilities (most notably use of her 1 to CC and armor strip enemies) you could use pillage or rebuild shields. rebuild shields is more immediate but has a cooldown while pillage has more utility (due to the wide range armor and shield strip) but is mildly slower. 

Gloom. The slow makes it so the stun timer practically never runs out. Of course, that doesn't apply to targets far away, but it's a huge help on her.

Also, we're forgetting that Rakta Dark Dagger will have a huge upside, now. That thing spams rad procs and leeches shields off of rad procs, even on status hits. It should be pretty good now.

• Like 1

Suggestion for shield-gate: Since shield-gate now has a variable effect depending on max shield I think it would be a good idea if there was a counter to help players be aware of their shield-gate iframe window. Mainly because it used to be 0.33 or 1.33s. And thats very easy to remember. One is spam roll/operator vazarin. The other is calmly roll away and refresh shield gate with ability. If we're going to land on something like 0.8 or even 1.5 or 2.3 or something, that's going to get confusing super-fast. So some sortof counter vividly displayed akin to a last-stand thing where it's absolutely, with no window for misunderstanding, apparent, how long you get before you are screwed, would be immense quality of life with this new shield gate fix. Thank you. :)

Other than that, I super like most of this update, good job guys. <3

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, TeenieSlasher said:

Oh, the game should definitely be balanced around the highest possible difficulty. 

But like you said, the highest difficulty is still a thrown together load of bandaid bs, that is exactly why it was remedied by shield gate in the first place. Do you see the circle closing here? That is also what I was referring to, when I mentioned compensation: There is no point in removing that one mechanic that makes endgame content playable without tuning the other knobs. Nobody would care about SG, if there was actually a tuned endgame, but as long as we don't get that rework, why in the hell would you touch anything that makes it work right now? Like I said, nobody is phased by that anyway, that doesn't play this content, it's literally a change that kicks the 0,1% in the balls with no effect on the other 99,9%. Where does that make any sense?

i just said it *shouldnt* be balanced around steel path. 

anything that's "on power" for steel path is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in the other 99% of the game is the big issue. this is why no game balances around the hardest difficulty.

the game should be balanced per gameplay tier based on the gameplay that players in that tier are primarily doing. in the case of the most endgame of players, that will likely be level 50 to 100 non steel path still. 

steel path in this case is effectively the game's "new game plus" mode. where your power doesn't go up but you can now bring your endgame gear into the early-game levels again and have them be at-level for you. in which case it *should* just be +100 levels and that's it. 

the giant disparity between normal lvl 50 to 100 and steel path exacerbates the problem of anything that's "on-power" for steel path being broken overpowered in normal gameplay. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Gloom. The slow makes it so the stun timer practically never runs out. Of course, that doesn't apply to targets far away, but it's a huge help on her.

Also, we're forgetting that Rakta Dark Dagger will have a huge upside, now. That thing spams rad procs and leeches shields off of rad procs, even on status hits. It should be pretty good now.

oooooh, gloom (or other slowing abilities) are a good call there. the range isn't *too* different (20 meters base on silence VS 16 meters base on gloom) either. 

great addition! 

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

As mentioned above, our intention is to offer players more benefits for having larger Shield values, so Shield Gating is getting a rework.

Shields would be more valuable (to me at least) with the following changes:

• No cap on Over-Shields
  • Shields gain more damage reduction while moving
  • Enemies drop shield-restore orbs
  • Stagger, Hard Landings, and Knockdowns are less common when shields are up
  • +15% energy efficiency when Shields are at max value
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

Shields would be more valuable (to me at least) with the following changes:

• No cap on Over-Shields

You have no idea what you're asking for. For an idea of what that'd look like, look at what happened when Intrepid Stand was uncapped. The entire squad was immortal, and things like Capacitance exist that would give the same kind of effect. That's a no-no.

• Like 5

vor 1 Minute schrieb SDGDen:

i just said it *shouldnt* be balanced around steel path. 

anything that's "on power" for steel path is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in the other 99% of the game is the big issue. this is why no game balances around the hardest difficulty.

the game should be balanced per gameplay tier based on the gameplay that players in that tier are primarily doing. in the case of the most endgame of players, that will likely be level 50 to 100 non steel path still. 

steel path in this case is effectively the game's "new game plus" mode. where your power doesn't go up but you can now bring your endgame gear into the early-game levels again and have them be at-level for you. in which case it *should* just be +100 levels and that's it. 

the giant disparity between normal lvl 50 to 100 and steel path exacerbates the problem of anything that's "on-power" for steel path being broken overpowered in normal gameplay. 

Yea and I just said, in a best case scenario, the whole scaling structure of the game would be intact, but it isn't, it never was and I begin to doubt it ever will be, because DE always decides on the implementation of disrupting bandaids instead of finally tackling the real issue with the game for so many years now.

That's why my point of view is, if you don't have an idea how the fix the game as a whole, do not touch the other parts that keep it working.

Also, it is not just a NG+ mode, you earn Steel Essence there EXCLUSIVELY, so it is an INTEGRAL part of the game for many players (teshin weekly shop, weekly kuva and relic income). Also, playing level cap content is just pure fun and getting some frames (nearly?) erased from that makes no sense from any perspective. There are people who don't like invis and invincibility frames, because they find satisfaction in expressing skill, so why would you deny them that, if no one else is even affected by changes like that?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

They did say they wanted to acknowledge those who used that setup. This is a great way for players who are comfortable with that style to continue using it. Why not?

Also, using the new corrupt mod doesn't give you the max shielgate possible. It only gives 1.3s, compared to the potential 2.5s you can achieve with modding. So it isn't the optimal choice for survivability in every case either as far as I'm aware.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Yeah, I can respect that. My problem here is that this Shield Gate exploit was used to AFK leech, I've seen many people using this to be able to AFK in a corner of the map when paired with a slow or stun.

Yeah but that can only work in non-SP gameplay...which doesn't require any kind of gating. AFK gating in SP won't cut it.

Just now, BalaDeSilver said:

You have no idea what you're asking for. For an idea of what that'd look like, look at what happened when Intrepid Stand was uncapped. The entire squad was immortal, and things like Capacitance exist that would give the same kind of effect. That's a no-no.

The ask was: "What would make shields more valuable?" I believe I answered that.

And like seriously even 100k shields would be gone in probably less than 10 seconds of tanking Steel Path enemies. It would take a whole squad of Mag's spamming Crush a full minute to get 10 seconds worth of tanking.

But you might be right! I'd just like to see it rather than theorize about it. I'm sure in normal Star Chart it would be ridiculous.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb HolySeraphin:

Also, using the new corrupt mod doesn't give you the max shielgate possible. It only gives 1.3s, compared to the potential 2.5s you can achieve with modding. So it isn't the optimal choice for survivability in every case either as far as I'm aware.

1.3 sec is the current maximum duration, so all this mod does is revert the whole situation to exactly where it is right now before the update launches. It is taking away one mod slot for every frame without shield gimmicks to be exactly where they are right now. The 2.5sec doesn't matter for frames like saryn, mirage etc. because they can't stack shields. It would cost even more warframe and arcane slots to accomodate for that instead of just sacrificing one slot and be at square 1(or -1 depending on your perspective).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

LAVOS
Health: Base Rank - 340 (from 200) / Max Rank - 540 (from 600)
Shields: Base Rank - 170 (from 100) / Max Rank - 370 (from 300)
Armor: Base Rank - 575 (from 450) / Max Rank - 675 (from 675)
Energy: Base Rank - 0 (from 0) / Max Rank - 0 (from 0)

Soooo, Lavos got the nerf to health, and he seems to be the only one? Is this a typo?

Steel Path Circuit Reward Path - New Riven Option!
For those who have acquired all of the Incarnons via the Steel Path Circuit, we want to offer you additional rewards for this game mode. With Drifter Opportunity Intrinsics at Rank 9, you will be presented with 3 Veiled Rivens in addition to the weekly Incarnon rotation for your Circuit Reward Path! 

Just like the Incarnon Geneses, the order you pick the Rivens will determine what Rank you need to complete in the Circuit to earn them. 

rivens are cool and all but can we have pathos clamps? doing the duviri boss fight is just boring after the idk after 10th time 

• Like 7

VOLT
Health: Base Rank - 170 (from 100) / Max Rank - 370 (from 300)
Shields: Base Rank - 355 (from 150) / Max Rank - 555 (from 450)
Armor: Base Rank - 105 (from 100)
Energy: Base Rank - 100 (from 100) / Max Rank - 150 (from 150)

VOLT PRIME
Health: Base Rank - 170 (from 100) / Max Rank - 370 (from 300)
Shields: Base Rank - 355 (from 150) / Max Rank - 555 (from 450)
Armor: Base Rank - 135 (from 125)
Energy: Base Rank - 200 (from 200) / Max Rank - 300 (from 300)

Can we get changes to energy for frames? In my opinion 150 is the new 15 (from back when some frames had only 15 armor), it feels so bad to have only 150 energy, especially when a prime frame can have DOUBLE the energy. Maybe change the way it scales, so instead of getting +50% energy every frames just gets plus 100 energy, so base 200 frames would still have 300, but energy would range from 200 to 300 instead of 150 to 300, and we also wouldn't get weird values like 187.5. At least buff regular volt's energy specifically, why the hell do we have a prime variant with literally double energy in the first place. an extra 50 energy is one thing, and extra 150 is massive, especially for things like ESO. This is especially bad considering prime vaultings are a thing, if you start the game with volt and like him a lot, you either need to buy his prime variant from someone with plat, or wait potentially 2 years to farm his prime variant. 

• Like 3

Focus Lens Conversion Buff:

I think the new values are a bit too high. I really liked that Focus was something that needed some time to complete, but still had very meaningful milestones, so you could "feel" the progress.

I recommend to adjust the values a little bit and make them an "easier" sequence: 1,5% -> 2,5% -> 3,5% -> 5% or if you want the higher values, this would be even easier: 2% -> 3% -> 4% -> 5%.

There is another issue that could be fixed as well: Greater Focus Lenses are treated differently than the other Lenses, as they are the only ones that cant be traded between players. Furthermore they need a Forma to be build. which is a REALLY expensive investment for newer players, especially because you also have to invest 4 Regular Focus Lenses as well. So the step of upgrading Regular Lenses to Greater Focus Lenses isnt worth it.

• Like 2

I thought you mentioned on stream that more shields would mean faster shield regeneration? But I don't see that written on this Dev Workshop.

Also, I personally think you should remove Shield Gating and give us Life Gating instead (after Health and Quick Thinking are worn away). Your written incentive for Shield Gating is to prevent players getting one-shotted. Life Gating would meet this objective just as well. As it is currently, the deeper and deeper you go into high level content, shield tanking becomes more and more superior over health tanking because only Shields get Shield Gating. If you moved it over to Life Gating instead, any kind of tank build would benefit from one-shot prevention.

Nightwave Changes

Nora Night has been gracing our airwaves since 2019, and word is she felt it was time for a little refresh. In the next Nightwave series, we’ve prepared some changes to keep Nora’s Acts fun, accessible, and as always, incentivizin’

Permanent Weekly Acts
Dreamers, we all like our little habits and rituals. To reward the little things you do every week, we’re adding 3 Permanent Weekly Acts intended to be unlocked with regular Warframe gameplay:

• Eximus Eliminator: Kill 30 Eximus.
  • Mission Complete: Complete any 15 missions.
  • Marksmen: Kill 500 Enemies.

With these new Permanent Acts, you can earn an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week!

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool. 

Nightwave Act Audit
In the 4 years of Nightwave history, many Acts have come and gone. For the next series, we have done a complete Act Audit with the goal of reworking, removing, and adding new challenges to this system. Nothing like some spring cleaning!

We’ll go over a list of what is changing, but please keep in mind that this is not comprehensive or final. Everything, like life, is subject to change. As a reminder, these will not ship until the next Nightwave Series launches (unless otherwise specified). 

Removed Acts
Throughout the Audit, we looked to revise as many Acts as possible to keep them fun and to keep the overall time commitment requirement low -- however, we felt that certain challenges were best retired. 

Here’s a list of what will be removed in our next Nightwave Series: 

• A Firm Shake: Shake the hand of a fellow Tenno using the Handshake Emote
  • Augmentation: Install an Augment Mod on your Warframe
  • Death from Above: Kill 10 enemies with ground slams
  • Enhance!: Pick up 8 Rare Mods
  • Grove Guardian: Kill 1 Silver Grove Specter
  • Hush: Kill a Kuva Thrall or Hound
  • Mad Lab: Plunder one of Alad V's secret laboratories on Jupiter
  • Medic: Revive a fellow Tenno or a Companion
  • No Mercy: Mercy Kill an Enemy
  • Reanimator: Find and pilot a Fallen Necramech
  • Reclaimed: Clear a personal Kuva Lich Influenced Node
  • Stay on Top: Kill 20 enemies using a Necramech while hovering.

Reworked Acts
These changes keep the core intent of the Act in place but make it easier for players to complete them! Since these are all being changed from Daily to Weekly, they must wait until the next Series before we can implement them: 

• Ancient Obelisk: Activate 3 Requiem Obelisk on Deimos (was: 1)
    • Changed from Daily to Weekly
  • Hacker: Hack 10 Consoles (was: 8)
  • Kleptomaniac: Open 30 Lockers (was: 20)
  • Gatherer: Collect 4000 Resources (was: 1500)

New Acts
Look for these Duviri-inspired Acts in the next Nightwave series! 

DAILY:

• Your Move: Complete a game of Komi in Duviri
  • Helping Hand: Rescue an animal in Duviri
  • Feed Me More: Feed the Maw 10 fish in Duviri
  • Salutations: Visit Acrithis in Duviri

WEEKLY:

• Horsing Around: Fly your Kaithe for 1000 meters
  • Finely Tuned: Play 2 different Shawzin songs in Duviri
  • Beast Slayer: Defeat the Orowyrm
  • I Decree: Collect 10 Decrees in Duviri
  • Collector: Collect 100 resources from Duviri
  • Skeletons in the Closet: Kill 50 Dax enemies in Duviri

ELITE WEEKLY:

• Perplexed: Complete 3 puzzles in Duviri
  • Elite Beast Slayer: Defeat the Orowyrm in Steel Path
  • Ceremonial Evolution: Evolve any Incarnon weapon in-mission 5 times
  • Vital Arbiter: Complete an Arbitration Mission

Revised Acts coming with Abyss of Dagath

While everything listed above is coming for the next Nightwave Series, the following Acts are getting changes that we felt reasonable to apply to the current Series! We took two different approaches in these revisions: a) to reduce the grind required to complete some Acts, and b) to expand the ways in which players can complete them!

Once Update 34 launches on October 18th, expect to see these changes from Nora Night:

• Accelerator: Kill 10 Enemies while Sliding (was: 20)
  • Conservationist: Complete 3 different Perfect Animal Captures in Orb Vallis (was: 6)
  • Earth Bounty Hunter: Complete 3 different Bounties in the Plains of Eidolon (was: 5)
  • Earth Fisher: Catch 3 Rare Fish in the Plains of Eidolon (was: 6)
  • Earth Miner: Mine 3 Rare Gems or Ore in the Plains of Eidolon (was: 6)
  • Eternal Guardian: Complete 2 Void Armageddon missions (was: 3)
  • Everything Old is New Again: Complete 1 Transmutations (was: 3)
  • Glider: Kill 15 Enemies while Aim Gliding (was: 20)
  • Invader: Complete 6 Invasion missions of any type (was: 9)
  • Night and Day: Collect 10 Vome or Fass Residue in the Cambion Drift. (was: 15)
  • Night Terror: Complete 5 Nightmare missions of any type (was: 10)
  • Researcher: Scan 15 Objects or Enemies (was: 25)
  • Sanctuary Researcher: Complete 3 Scans for Cephalon Simaris (was: 5)
  • Supporter: Complete 5 Syndicate missions (was: 10)
  • Survival: Complete a Survival mission reaching at least 20 minutes (was: 30)
  • Venus Bounty Hunter: Complete 3 different bounties in the Orb Vallis (was: 5)
  • Venus Fisher: Catch 3 Rare Servofish in the Orb Vallis (was: 6)
  • Venus Miner: Mine 3 Rare Gems or Ore in the Orb Vallis (was: 6)
  • Animator: Retrieve the Ayatan Statue for Maroo in Maroo's Bazaar
    • Previously was: Fully Socket 3 Ayatan Sculptures
  • Now Boarding: Complete 3 different K-Drive races in Orb Vallis on Venus or in Cambion Drift on Deimos. 
    • Previously was limited to only Orb Vallis races.
  • Thrill Rider: Kill 20 Enemies while riding a K-Drive, Kaithe, Velocipod, Merulina
    • Expanding the eligibility of this Act to all of your trusty steeds. 
    • Previously named "Surfs Up!"
  • The Hunt is On: Find 5 Syndicate Medallions
    • Players will no longer have to be the one to pick up the Medallion for this to count.
  • The Personal Touch: Place 1 decoration in your Orbiter or Dormizone
    • Only Orbiter decorating used to count!
  • Cache Hunter: Find 6 caches across any Sabotage missions
    • Previously was: “Find all caches in 3 Sabotage missions”
  • Saver: Pick up 15,000 Credits
    • Mission credit rewards will now count towards this Act!

Introductory Nightwave Screen
The first time you log in with a Nightwave Series available, a pop-up screen will appear highlighting various Series rewards, a brief description, and a button to visit the Nightwave menu!

We’re adding this to increase visibility of Nightwave for newer players who may be unfamiliar with Nora, and as a reminder when a new Nightwave has dropped! 

9765bf13d3b3080b2cf618d7b331d1ee.png

The Nightwave changes look very good overall. Would it also be possible to expand the Nightwave store offerings? Nora's offered a handful of weapon augment mods over the years and while most of them have come back, some haven't. Nora having those weapon augments on a rotating basis would do a lot to make stuff like the Penta more desirable, and it would free up space in the rank rewards.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Shield gate changes overall look great, but I have one thing I'm hoping to clarify because I can't tell based on the wording: does the "partially depleted shields" scaling of shield gate duration only apply after shields have been fully depleted until shields have been fully recovered again.  I'm guessing that's the case, because otherwise higher max shields wouldn't necessarily correlate to longer shield gates, but wanted to double-check.

In other words, are these 2 scenarios correct?

• My shields are full at 1000.  I take a hit that reduces them to 500.  I then take another hit that wipes them out.  My shield gate duration is based on 1000 shields.
  • My shield cap is 1000, but my shields are currently empty.  They regenerate to 500.  At that point, I receive a hit that wipes out my shields again.  My shield gate duration is based on 500 shields.

Thanks!

Seconding this concern.

• Like 5

Not to dampen the good work, but toxin can be/still is build killing when it comes to shields.

I shouldn't be able to round a conner as a Mag with 2,000+ shields and get insta-killed by one tick of a toxin eximus aura. And playing against something like sisters or liches really exacerbates how bad this issue is. All these buffs do little in the face of only one build type still having to worry about one-shots, but not the others.

Edited by KitMeHarder
Less confusing
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Not to dampen the good work, but toxin can be/still is build killing when it comes to shields.

I shouldn't be able to round a conner as a Hildryn with 3000+ shields and get insta-killed by one tick of a toxin eximus aura. And playing against something like sisters or liches really exacerbates how bad this issue is. All these buffs do little in the face of only one build type still having to worry about one-shots, but not the others.

Yeah, Tenno shields shouldn't be bypassed by toxin damage.  Procs, sure, absolutely.  Though perhaps Toxin resistance should be 0% or 25%, rather than 50%.

I don't think enemy shields should be bypassed by Toxin damage either, but that's a larger topic.

13 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

I shouldn't be able to round a conner as a Hildryn with 3000+ shields and get insta-killed by one tick of a toxin eximus aura. And playing against something like sisters or liches really exacerbates how bad this issue is. All these buffs do little in the face of only one build type still having to worry about one-shots, but not the others.

Forgive me if you already know this, but Hildryn's health is immune to damage as long as you have Overshields.  That's the functionality they gave her to mitigate this type of scenario.

• Like 4

Finding animals to save in Duviri is actually kind of random and a pain to do.  Maybe don't include that one, or make them more consistent to find?  Or maybe change it to petting an animal, because that'd be a lot easier to do.  Free-roaming animals are a lot more common than the ones in distress.

• Like 6