Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed the Heirloom packs aren't on sale for Black Friday

(XBOX)LadyWinterstorm

DE would be re-opening the can of worms regarding this bundle if they put it on sale. I doubt it would happen. But hey, maybe like supporter packs it will go on sale last minute before it's gone to create a sense urgency for those who haven't bought it so it can be milked a bit more on the way out.

To be honest, putting it on sale would be pretty funny, because it would prove that DE could have just lowered the price the entire time.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 18

37 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE would be re-opening the can of worms regarding this bundle if they put it on sale. I doubt it would happen. But hey, maybe like supporter packs it will go on sale last minute before it's gone to create a sense urgency for those who haven't bought it so it can be milked a bit more on the way out.

To be honest, putting it on sale would be pretty funny, because it would prove that DE could have just lowered the price the entire time.

1df

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

DE would be re-opening the can of worms regarding this bundle if they put it on sale.

I doubt they care. Genuinely saying that too.
It's profit, when is morality ever involved with that?

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Eh, I think "funny" isn't exactly the right word.
"Cathartic" if anything, but even that doesn't feel right.

It's really just one big "I told you so" trope all around.
Which doesn't even mean much here, some of the community has been doing this for years to the point where it just makes up depressed that it keeps happening.

What with the old saying of "Fool me once" and all... I believe I'm on a six digit number by now, but I lost count and stopped caring.
I'm really only in Warframe anymore because the issues I have with Warframe itself is how easy it is.
Not that it should be DIFFICULT to correct a community being utterly blind as a bat to problems, developers enabling these problems and anybody who dares speak up about it gets mauled. That's what we call a dystopia!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lol nope. to do that would be to admit they could reduce the price, and it's be "disrespectful" to those who already paid full whack.

you either buy them at full price or let them go, those are your choices. personally I'm not willing to pay that, no way. 

I think you have to look at it as a plat purchase rather than a cosmetic purchase. 2100p relative to the price of other packages isn’t bad. The only reason I even bought the Grendel prime pack was for the plat.

Though I’d imagine for many longtime hardcore players purchasing 2100p is relatively pointless

I don't know why people expected them to.
They're DE's greatest MTX disaster in years, and I'm sure they didn't want to add to that. Also, the last thread about this got locked for being "off topic" once a critical amount of negative feedback was generated, so bear that in mind and try not to be too critical of the issue lest you er, get the letter.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

That's opening the can of worms like when they released the Heirloom pack alright. Which means they will totally do it.

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's opening the can of worms like when they released the Heirloom pack alright. Which means they will totally do it.

You're certainly not wrong. Maybe I'm still just hoping they actually learn from these things, but maybe they thought the Founders Pack or several other comparisons were different and this was the exception.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

You're certainly not wrong. Maybe I'm still just hoping they actually learn from these things, but maybe they thought the Founders Pack or several other comparisons were different and this was the exception.

Or DE realizes that there's no actual repercussions from such things. The community makes a bit of a stink about it, DE makes a response/minor action if the topic doesn't die down, then everyone moves on while DE only sees more profit and engagement from the packs.

Meanwhile nearly everyone who said they'd stop spending money on/playing the game will go right back to their normal behavior.

Edited by trst
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lol nope. to do that would be to admit they could reduce the price

They can't admit to anything.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Or DE realizes that there's no actual repercussions from such things. The community makes a bit of a stink about it, DE makes a response/minor action if the topic doesn't die down, then everyone moves on while DE only sees more profit and engagement from the packs

Sadly that's the truth, many people were given flak for even buying it and insulted for it, cuz "whales" and DE will only listen to such players, as they speak louder than the "haters", even the Content Creators aren't enough to bring this thing down, since DE just up and ignored them now. (Besides that one guy, who matches all the checkpoints)

Hell, don't be surprised if people start hatein on you cuz looking at your profile pic, you brought one.

I'm SO tempted to buy the pack cuz "Hek it, can't beat em, join em" but that way I'll be joining the Dark side and betraying everyone I stood for Dx

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Maybe I'm still just hoping they actually learn from these things

They won't, period. 

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Learn what exactly? That people will act like the sky is falling for two weeks over 2 expensive skins out of hundreds? 

They'll probably learn how to market better if the sales were good enough. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Hell, don't be surprised if people start hatein on you cuz looking at your profile pic, you brought one.

Cool, just makes it that much easier to toss 'em on the ignore list and never intentionally associate with them. Cause only trashy people would act like that, and those aren't the kind of people I want dragging me and everyone around me down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trst said:

Or DE realizes that there's no actual repercussions from such things. The community makes a bit of a stink about it, DE makes a response/minor action if the topic doesn't die down, then everyone moves on while DE only sees more profit and engagement from the packs.

Meanwhile nearly everyone who said they'd stop spending money on/playing the game will go right back to their normal behavior.

Yeah you're right here too, sadly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Learn what exactly? That people will act like the sky is falling for two weeks over 2 expensive skins out of hundreds? 

There's over 100 pages of information for the question you asked. I don't need to rehash that here. If that's your takeaway, there's nothing I can do to help you look less oblivious.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

it would be annoying if they did this but in the end its up to them if they do/do not. i bought the pack so im happy with the stuff that came along with it and a 16€ discount is something that wouldnt be worth crying over for that matter, atleast for me. But i doubt they will reduce the price, especielly taken into consideration with how many people bought the pack and for the prices they did.

The only bad thing with the pack is that its time limited but hopefully for future packs they wont be time limited.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Cool, just makes it that much easier to toss 'em on the ignore list and never intentionally associate with them. Cause only trashy people would act like that, and those aren't the kind of people I want dragging me and everyone around me down.

Exactly

I understand that others don't want to be associated with "Whales" (as they are called) but to go that far, is just not on

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

They can't admit to anything.

Sadly that's the truth, many people were given flak for even buying it and insulted for it, cuz "whales" and DE will only listen to such players, as they speak louder than the "haters", even the Content Creators aren't enough to bring this thing down, since DE just up and ignored them now. (Besides that one guy, who matches all the checkpoints)

I'm SO tempted to buy the pack cuz "Hek it, can't beat em, join em" but that way I'll be joining the Dark side and betraying everyone I stood for Dx

They won't, period. 

I honestly dont understand the haters. It is a supporter pack. Like I've done in other games, I'd buy it no matter what was in it really if I wanted to support the company a bit extra. Since that would have been my main goal in such a case and the goodies inside a bonus for my showed support. It wouldnt matter if it didnt perfectly or even nearly match the price per item of things I can otherwise buy 24/7 in the game.

The people that gave (and likely will give) other people flak for buying these packs, what petty and small people they must be. Wonder how they are IRL, Grown ups throwing a fit on the floor during xmas because their grown up sibling got a gift worth slightly more by their parents?

My suggestion to you regarding the pack. Do you want the stuff? If so pick it up, dont let others tell you what you should or shouldnt enjoy/want. I mean, this isnt a matter of life and death, so if someone feels you betray them or that you are disloyal they might aswell #*!% off imo.

• Like 2

Okay, so I had to update my preferences on the website, again

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

My suggestion to you regarding the pack. Do you want the stuff? If so pick it up, dont let others tell you what you should or shouldnt enjoy/want. I mean, this isnt a matter of life and death, so if someone feels you betray them or that you are disloyal they might aswell #*!% off imo.

17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I honestly dont understand the haters. It is a supporter pack. Like I've done in other games, I'd buy it no matter what was in it really if I wanted to support the company a bit extra. Since that would have been my main goal in such a case and the goodies inside a bonus for my showed support. It wouldnt matter if it didnt perfectly or even nearly match the price per item of things I can otherwise buy 24/7 in the game.

I do and for a good reason, you see people like you (no offence to you directly of course) is that you are considered to be nothing more than a "fanboy" to the haters and since the net existed that term has changed quite drastically, therefore your feelings, opinions and viewpoints of DE/WF are invalid because you support them, you think they can do nothing wrong and they are the best company in the world. Even if you do criticize them because you decided to support them in such a scummy situation, any criticism from you is also invalid.

I never supported this pack from day 1, since it's the same train as all companies do, making an overpriced item and making it limited time to put pressure on players to buy it and get a profit, noting more.

I have more on this topic that for good reasons, I cannot disclose. Still, if you are interested in more, I am open to DMs, since I am open to the idea of maybe getting the pack if the price was lower (MUCH LOWER) I do find that I don't want to support such behaviour and I am a very fungal person as well.

But with that, I'll leave you with this: The players here, the dislike bar on YT and the feelings, opinions and viewpoints of DE/WF have since dropped heavily due to this pack and cuz of other companies doing the same, such as Dying Light 2, EA with their packs, etc.

Keep in mind, all these posts have overwhelmingly positive upvotes, while the "defenders" of DE got blocked by many, since all they did was defend, without any real backup to their claims.

That is my issue right now, I do NOT agree with the pack and how DE did this, but if the pack was dirt cheap like a Tenner or 20, maybe 30?, Sure I might have got it, if I got it for free, then well my shared my feelings on it will be heavily invalid since I got the product for free, sure I'll leave my two-takes but not to this level.

Plain and simple. This is NOT acceptable from DE.

XxajDnj.png

Pz4PpcQ.png

4fFSWx1.png

moqfpSu.png

tevpoAk.png

Pz4PpcQ.png

qNBdZ5z.png

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2