Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's Nightwave?

(XBOX)Player244024418

17 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

true. In the end I just didn't know what to buy there. or didn't feel like playing it at all. the mods are mehhh. and 6x umbra forma are built and will soon be full of dust on the shelf.

there must finally be good rewards!

I like Umbra Forma, it's nice to give some builds breathing room with all these new big capacity mods. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord_Drod said:

This is why I avoid plague star like the plague.  Horrible event and I'd rather farm plat the way I want.

There's no need to avoid Plague Star; it's also massively profitable if you know where to look.

Consider Sacrifice.  Currently it only sells for about 10p since it was available so recently, but these events are rare so the price spikes as the number of copies available on market diminish.  

If you look at the pricing trend graph I linked, you'll observe that for a very long time the mod hovered between 80p all the way up to 120p.
This is common and happens a little while after every Plague Star.

Sacrifice costed 1500 standing.  A built forma costed 3000 standing.
This means you could buy two mods for every built forma.

This means, at peak, you could've made 240p for every built forma you would've bought directly from the event.

Forma packs of 3 cost 35p each.
This means you could've bought about 7 packs, which is 21 built forma.

Therefore, for every built forma you bought directly from the event, you could've had 20 more if you had patience and market sense.

If you bought 5 forma from the event, you could've just sold 10 mods and got 100x forma...

Fool's trap.

5 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

There's no need to avoid Plague Star; it's also massively profitable if you know where to look.

Consider Sacrifice.  Currently it only sells for about 10p since it was available so recently, but these events are rare so the price spikes as the number of copies available on market diminish.  

If you look at the pricing trend graph I linked, you'll observe that for a very long time the mod hovered between 80p all the way up to 120p.
This is common and happens a little while after every Plague Star.

Sacrifice costed 1500 standing.  A built forma costed 3000 standing.
This means you could buy two mods for every built forma.

This means, at peak, you could've made 240p for every built forma you would've bought directly from the event.

Forma packs of 3 cost 35p each.
This means you could've bought about 7 packs, which is 21 built forma.

Therefore, for every built forma you bought directly from the event, you could've had 20 more if you had patience and market sense.

If you bought 5 forma from the event, you could've just sold 10 mods and got 100x forma...

Fool's trap.

haha I didn't even realize that mod was exclusive to that event.  But then, I would have to play the event, and its too boring.  I did not realize there was a demand for that mod either.  I never slot that.  You also have to be able to wait a while for the value to come back, but if you're doing this consistently with the time limited store fronts I'm sure its successful.  I am personally too lazy to bother much with trading. 

46 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

You buy the aura mods and resell for profit, particularly when the mod has been out-of-rotation for a while so there are very few in the wild.

Consider Energy Siphon, which is currently selling for about 50p max rank. 
Also, consider that Aura Mods cost 20 credits vs. 75 credits to buy a potato directly.

This means you could buy roughly 4x Aura Mods per potato.
So if you sold 4x Energy Siphon (with a negligible credit and endo cost to max R5 mods), that would be 200p.

Now consider that you can buy potatoes from market for 20p each.
That means you can buy roughly 10x potatoes for the cost of a single potato directly from NW.

So, for every potato you buy directly from the store, you would be giving up roughly 9 additional potatoes you could've had if you had any market sense whatsoever.

BTW, works the same way with Plague Star and buying built forma directly from the events.  It's a fool's trap.

I highly doubt anyone is selling 4 Aura mods for 50p consistently. Who's buying that? 

The market has already dropped for those aura mods because of NW.

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I highly doubt anyone is selling 4 Aura mods for 50p consistently. Who's buying that? 

Doesn't matter.  You might not get top dollar for every sale every time, but just look at the Aura mods on market.
Any of them.

Rifle Amp.  Corrosive Projection.  Steel Charge.  Whatever.

They're all at least 20p each max rank.  Almost always.
And you can buy 4 of them for every potato you get directly from market.

That's, at minimum, 3 "side potatoes" for every potato you get directly from nightwave.  Without even waiting for prices to spike or picking just the right mods.

You can argue "oh but that's just because nightwave has been out of commision for...  4 days..." but that's BS.  
Because you can just look at the pricing histories and see that they always sell for pretty much minimum 20p.  
And they sell commonly, too.  As in, every single day.

Fool's trap.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Which is why games that have good design on these seasonal/event systems, keep their shops open for at least a few days after the actual season/event ends. People will often miss the deadline of the last day of the season/event, but it's extremely rare for people to miss spending their currency during that lingering shop window.

The reason people miss the last day of the season/event deadline, is most often because they want to maximize how much value they get out of the currency. So they wait until the last minute, in case they need something other than the "dump item" (in our case, that'd be the nitain).

Unfortunately, it looks like DE is unwilling to hear feedback for most things in this game, with this being one of those things. This has been brought up numerous times over the years, and DE consistently chooses to ignore it despite it being something that is purely a positive change.

I cant recall a single good game where the shop has been open after the event or season ended. But you obviously must have some in mind and there should likely be plenty of them if they are somewhat a norm to you. And why someone would miss the regular window and somehow notice it during a lingering one is very odd, since the lingering one would essentially be the same with its own end date. It isnt like we have a short notice here either, it was up for a about a month and then 2 weeks for the actual timer in-game. Which kinda serves the purpose of a lingering ship. Those 2 weeks with the time present are effectively that.

NW doesnt have enough items to really justify waiting until the last minute. You pretty much have tater, tater and nitain. And since nitain is very limited in use, taters are the obvious choice.

Hilarious statement that last one! Since what we have in NW currently is exactly what was asked for as the needed addition for NW and the end date. But like I said back then when people asked for an in-game timer, it wont matter, people will complain that they didnt see it and then ask for more. Which will then not be enough and even more things will be asked for, things that then go on being ignored by the players followed by more things asked for.

2 hours ago, sly_squash said:

You buy the aura mods and resell for profit, particularly when the mod has been out-of-rotation for a while so there are very few in the wild.

Consider Energy Siphon, which is currently selling for about 50p max rank. 
Also, consider that Aura Mods cost 20 credits vs. 75 credits to buy a potato directly.

This means you could buy roughly 4x Aura Mods per potato.
So if you sold 4x Energy Siphon (with a negligible credit and endo cost to max R5 mods), that would be 200p.

Now consider that you can buy potatoes from market for 20p each.
That means you can buy roughly 10x potatoes for the cost of a single potato directly from NW.

So, for every potato you buy directly from the store, you would be giving up roughly 9 additional potatoes you could've had if you had any market sense whatsoever.

BTW, works the same way with Plague Star and buying built forma directly from the events.  It's a fool's trap.

Which involves trading and the risk of potentially bad plat, along with the time you have to spend on trading, finding a buyer and so on. And you most likely also have enough other items to trade on a regular basis if you are into trading to start with.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And why someone would miss the regular window and somehow notice it during a lingering one is very odd, since the lingering one would essentially be the same with its own end date.

I literally explained why in my post, if you had bothered to read it.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Which is why games that have good design on these seasonal/event systems, keep their shops open for at least a few days after the actual season/event ends. People will often miss the deadline of the last day of the season/event, but it's extremely rare for people to miss spending their currency during that lingering shop window.

The reason people miss the last day of the season/event deadline, is most often because they want to maximize how much value they get out of the currency. So they wait until the last minute, in case they need something other than the "dump item" (in our case, that'd be the nitain).

This means that they'll just hold on the very last second of the "lingering shop" to "maximize how much value they get out of the currency"

Exactly like what is happening right now!

And then they'll miss the shop again, and proceed to once more blame it on DE for them failing to actually spend the currency.

People have an in game timer in their menu for two weeks leading up to the close of the event in their pause menu and they hold onto the very last second to buy stuff from the shop, for whatever reason.
If they then had a "OK, for real, this is the last week, spend it now!" they'll treat it exactly the same and then be in the same boat they are in now.

If they can't treat the "Here's your last warning that nightwave will be ending with an exact second" as a "Maybe I should actually spend my tokens...." then why the eff would it suddenly be "Oh, now I have another warning that the shop ends soon in the exact same place.  Maybe now I should actually spend my tokens!  After all this is completely different than the previous warning that the nightwave was ending!"

At which point does it stop being DEs fault and actually becomes the players fault for just hoarding their tokens and never spending them, and then proceeding to come onto the forums and blaming DE because they never bothered to spend their tokens?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But like I said back then when people asked for an in-game timer, it wont matter, people will complain that they didnt see it and then ask for more. Which will then not be enough and even more things will be asked for, things that then go on being ignored by the players followed by more things asked for.

I'm right there with you on this.

There isn't a way to make it more obvious for some players because the more warnings and pop-ups that you shove in their faces the more they just close them automatically and don't pay them any attention and then go right back to blaming DE because "It was too easy to misss/ignore/avoid the warnings!  Make them even more obvious!"

I mean there was a timer for two weeks every time you brought up your menu and yet somehow it was missed by people and not paid any attention.

At this point I would believe they could make it a huge blinking timer that takes up a majority of the screen and people would still complain that they didn't know it was ending.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

This means that they'll just hold on the very last second of the "lingering shop" to "maximize how much value they get out of the currency"

I invite you to re-read what you just posted, and attempt to comprehend how completely asinine it is.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Never saw that, ever. The app never had a notification either.

Then, genuinely, that's just your fault.

There were so many warnings. For two entire weeks before the end.

The last day was your last access, it was everyone's last access, and everyone else got the updates that you just... ignored.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Then, genuinely, that's just your fault.

There were so many warnings. For two entire weeks before the end.

The last day was your last access, it was everyone's last access, and everyone else got the updates that you just... ignored.

Not to mention a devstream announcement and a forum post outlining the next Night Waves rewards and plenty of communication and warnings. 

It's a 100% the fault of the player missing it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I invite you to re-read what you just posted, and attempt to comprehend how completely asinine it is.

Then please tell me:
How is a second notification going to go over with players any different than the first one that they already have?
How is that going to catch their attention and make them go "Oh, I really should spend my points!"

I mean if they are completely willing to utterly ignore every other sign that is there that the nightwave is ending (which again included a timer on their escape menu) then please tell me how a few extra days of grace is going to fix any of that?
How can I honestly expect those players to actually notice that the grace period has started and that they really should be spending their points now?

If a player is going to ignore one timer they are just going to ignore a second one.

I mean honestly what is the difference when DE says:
"The nightwave is going to end in 2 weeks, you have 2 weeks to spend your currency then you're done!"
vs
"The nightwave is going to end in 1 week, then after that you have 1 more week to spend your currency then you're done!"
It's the exact same thing just worded slightly differently in a way that makes no difference in the end what-so-ever.

And again:
When does it actually start to be the players fault that they are missing their last chance to buy items from the shop?

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And again:
When does it actually start to be the players fault that they are missing their last chance to buy items from the shop?

It's NEVER the fault of the player when they:

1) Announce it on a Live Devstream that's also archived on YouTube

2) Multiple Partners who Report the information in bite size, 2-5 minute videos within an hour of the live/archived devstream

3) Forum Posts made from the developers that quickly follow the live announcement 

4) The timer going live on the menu, that literally counts down the exact time it ends for 2 weeks.

5) An announcement in the News column of your Orbiter, which is beside where you launch missions

Yup definitely not the players fault right?

Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Which is why games that have good design on these seasonal/event systems, keep their shops open for at least a few days after the actual season/event ends.

Can you actually name any of these games that do this? Actually curious about this claim.

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Edited by (XBOX)Rez090
  • Like 1

So I see this thread is quickly devolving in typical wf forum fashion. I appreciate all the replies (even from those curmudgeonly posters). It's no big deal I was just surprised to have missed it. Never noticed the timer. Now that I'm aware, I'll probably never unsee it lol.

I just don't see the big deal for DE to simply allow you to use your creds past a certain date or at least a flex period.

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I literally explained why in my post, if you had bothered to read it.

No I read it alright but there is nothing that would result in a player not missing that extra window just as they miss the current one. It is just an extention of time, and if they cant already spot 1 out of 3 different info tags regarding the end time another week with a shop open wouldnt help.

And if you look at the OP's reason and "problem" nothing would change there either, since they wanted to hold onto the currency to the absolute last possible moment incase any of the items available in the shop would drop from sorties. That would stay the same with an extended shop-only window after the event ends since the sorties would still exsist just the same and result in the same dilemma.

Also, thanks for all the examples of the games that let their shops stay after events and seasonals. /s

• Like 5

7 часов назад, PollexMessier сказал:

Maybe there shouldn't be one then.

Do you want to be forever stuck with prestige ranks that give mere 15 credits and being able to use them to buy only Nitain, Kuva and Potatoes and have no unique rewards like new cosmetics, mods, slots, arcanes, umbra formas and so on?

10 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Do you want to be forever stuck with prestige ranks that give mere 15 credits and being able to use them to buy only Nitain, Kuva and Potatoes and have no unique rewards like new cosmetics, mods, slots, arcanes, umbra formas and so on?

2 things
I meant the credits don't need to have a deadline.
But now that you bring it up, the entire nightwave system doesn't need to ether. They can just slap the next set of stuff onto the end of the previous one. And to avoid an obscene grind wall building up they can start new players at the beginning of whatever the current set is. Prestige ranks can still exist, just plug the new set of stuff in at the end of wherever any given person's current prestige level is. Or get rid of prestige levels and flip challenges from giving you rep to giving you nightwave creds after the cap is hit.

You need to work on your imagination and problem solving skills.

Edited by PollexMessier

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

2 things
I meant the credits don't need to have a deadline.
But now that you bring it up, the entire nightwave system doesn't need to ether. They can just slap the next set of stuff onto the end of the previous one. And to avoid an obscene grind wall building up they can start new players at the beginning of whatever the current set is. Prestige ranks can still exist, just plug the new set of stuff in at the end of wherever any given person's current prestige level is. Or get rid of prestige levels and flip challenges from giving you rep to giving you nightwave creds after the cap is hit.

You need to work on your imagination and problem solving skills.

I'm still not sure why they have seperate credits per nightwave after they switched over to intermesso ad infinitum. Since nothing new is sold in the shop during intermissions, which is all we'll get now. Well ok the latest few frame helms will sell, but those arent really a reason to restrict players from stocking up. I got their idea when we had different actual NW episodes where unique items tied to them were sold. But as it is now they can just consolidate all currencies into a single Nora's Mix currency.

• Like 1