Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any other MR16 Tenno who just sort of… stuck there?

Aruquae

Long story short, got to level 16 just to be able to have everything, then never focused on MR again

Any others Tenno just chilling at MR16?  (Or any other MR for that matter)
vlkz6_performance_rock-concert_performin

Edited by Malikili
Added a little more because there is more than just chilling at MR16
  • Like 4

Considering theres a new syndicate on the way, I don't recommend "chilling" at a rank, unless you dont mind the standing cap getting in your way

I've seen it all too many times; "I'm rank X I'll be fine etc", then they complain when the cap prevents their rank up. Its your account your choice of course, but i personally want to remain highest rank possible so its one less obstacle in the way.

• Like 5

Just now, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Considering theres a new syndicate on the way, I don't recommend "chilling" at a rank, unless you dont mind the standing cap getting in your way

I've seen it all too many times; "I'm rank X I'll be fine etc", then they complain when the cap prevents their rank up. Its your account your choice of course, but i personally want to remain highest rank possible so its one less obstacle in the way.

Always do pace myself with syndicates. My philosophy is grind to MR16, then any other future MR will just come naturally. Leveling up items I don’t want to use just isn’t fun for me tbh. 
You’re right with syndicate locking though, it’s annoying sometimes, but it’s just a matter of time. Eventually it will happen, no point in rushing

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'm chilling at MR 14. I never really bother with MR anymore lol.

Understandable, I was originally chilling at MR14 for like 3 years, then I realized some rivens and weapons are locked until 16.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Always do pace myself with syndicates. My philosophy is grind to MR16, then any other future MR will just come naturally. Leveling up items I don’t want to use just isn’t fun for me tbh. 
You’re right with syndicate locking though, it’s annoying sometimes, but it’s just a matter of time. Eventually it will happen, no point in rushing

Understandable, I was originally chilling at MR14 for like 3 years, then I realized some rivens and weapons are locked until 16.

Yeah, ever since I was a new player I wanted cool weapons like giant swords, arm cannons, and tenet melees, but now I'm MR 14 so I'm chilling with my bubonico while rivens are rarely MR 15 or 16 anyways.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

I hit 20 and decided, "I'm happy here". It might have had something to do with it being a clean, good-looking symbol that was also silver. Silver Tiger all day, bay-beee.

It drives my clanmates crazy. I've even had a couple of random people message me something akin to, "hey, you KNOW you're able to rank up, right? You should really do that 😐" and it always gives me a laugh. They do not like it. It's hilarious.

I took my time after hitting 16 too. It's a good spot to take a break from grinding rank and reprioritize more into finalizing your builds and settling on your favourite equipment. 

It's a spot where many plateau. Grinding out mastery for every item (especially all the forma for the kuva and tenet stuff, blech) isn't for everyone.

I never really bothered much with MR, I just got it while getting everything else. At least most of everything else that is easy to obtain. CBA farming most of the Tenet weapons and still missing some Kuva ones. LR3 filthy casual.

1 hour ago, Malikili said:

to be able to have everything

Being able to get everything and actually getting it. are two different things it seems. Becvause if you really did get everything you would be higher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

I hit 20 and decided, "I'm happy here". It might have had something to do with it being a clean, good-looking symbol that was also silver. Silver Tiger all day, bay-beee.

It drives my clanmates crazy. I've even had a couple of random people message me something akin to, "hey, you KNOW you're able to rank up, right? You should really do that 😐" and it always gives me a laugh. They do not like it. It's hilarious.

Yesss Silver just hits different compared to copper (and dare I say gold)

40 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I never really bothered much with MR, I just got it while getting everything else. At least most of everything else that is easy to obtain. CBA farming most of the Tenet weapons and still missing some Kuva ones. LR3 filthy casual.

Being able to get everything and actually getting it. are two different things it seems. Becvause if you really did get everything you would be higher.

Biggest flex is being a casual L3, respect

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

I've been at MR20 for a long time, though once I have enough standing I'll spam rank ups to 30.

Understandable, I got hundreds of items sitting in the foundry. Maybe when inspiration strikes, or is it motivation? 
Why do I hear Bury the Light in the distance?

I was at MR10 or something like that for years.

Then when I heard Helminth was coming out and going to be MR15 locked.  I built a bunch of weapons and frames I hadn't bothered with.

Turns out a bunch of that stuff is kinda fun. So just casually trying things out I am now MR27.

My alt/smurf account is now 18 not even trying for mastery. So 🤷‍♂️ I guess.

• Like 1

Yes.

I got to 16 and stopped trying for the same reason - 16 is enough to equip the things.

I think i might be 17 now just from gaining xp as a side effect of playing.

Chasing numbers has never been my thing, and at this point in my gaming life, not worth the time and angst.

I play occasionally to shoot pixels and relax, no reason to chase these things IMO, WF is just one of many games I pick up when the mood strikes.

Edited by Zimzala
  • Like 1

I sat around there for ages as well because I just didn’t… feel pressured to go higher. 🤔 I think I wanted somewhere to plateau because I didn’t want to feel pressured to keep rush rush rushing (though I was a lot less rush rushing by rank 8 anyways), and if I recall correctly that was the last rank needed for a riven?

I’m now 22-on-my-way-to-L3 just from getting new things to play with (many of which practically fell into my lap while playing with a minimum of consideration), making builds, and just playing around in general.

Is good. I got games like Jedi Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom and Titanfall 2, but Warframe scratches a particular “Endlessly rewarding play how I want third person Sci-fi shooter” itch

• Like 1

I stayed at MR16 until it became more sane to reach MR30. It's nice to never have to worry about things like losing mod space after using a forma, but it's not anything I felt the need to rush for

I'll probably stay at MR32 now because I just prefer the colour silver over gold and bronze

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

Totally fair and valid way to play and approach the game.

I can't really personally relate though, I like testing and experimenting with new stuff too much. To put it another way, there are many video games where trying out new weapons, armours, skins, magic, spells, inventory items, etc doesn't give you anything. In fact, it usually costs you more time, resources and effort to get that stuff, so you have to really want to go out of your way to experience such variety and options, but even in those games, I tended to play and operate around getting stuff to try out. As much as I could, even if there wasn't any reward or reason beyond my own curiosity and desire to try new stuff, test it, experiment. In my mind, how will I know what I'll like, unless I try it? Most of my favourite weapons, Warframes, etc aren't the most meta, popular or recommended, and usually even how I build/mod them isn't necessarily the most conventional/popular either.

In Warframe, that just so happens to reward me some MR. So I am kind of L3 incidentally. Though there are some nice benefits (but I also wouldn't care if those benefits were extended to all ranks TBH). So sort of chilled my way to max MR. Consider the new update too, Qorvex looks really interesting, and they have a new Archgun with two separate firing modes, one is a charge beam, the other looks like a rad (no pun intended) shotgun buckshot, new hammer looks weird but is coming with Tennokai, and soo we get Gauss Prime, with Acceltra Prime, and Akarius Prime, both guns have a little potential to be interesting... Oh and we are getting a Book weapon? How dope will that be, even if it ends up underwhelming, will still be interesting to test out and experiment with, just for novelty and fashion frame potential... and then just like that, those things will take many of us to L4, even if we don't care about getting there. 

There is a lot of meh stuff in the game though too. Like is there much variety in half of the Archmelee weapons? Eh... didn't really feel like it, some potential, some of the designs are dope as hell, but Archwing melee isn't my favourite, hence why I totally get and think its understandable and even normal to just not care with a lot of stuff in the game.

14 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I stayed at MR16 until it became more sane to reach MR30. It's nice to never have to worry about things like losing mod space after using a forma, but it's not anything I felt the need to rush for

I'll probably stay at MR32 now because I just prefer the colour silver over gold and bronze

Indeed, silver just hits differently compared to gold or bronze

Nicer on the eyes

14 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I was wrong for being against auto-melee. 

I'm honestly gonna sail through next year just fine on that. 

Made my solo SP runs much better.

That’s great news, but two questions

First, does the auto melee just start acting out on its own for you too?

Second, Ummm did you post this in the wrong thread by any chance?

8 hours ago, Malikili said:

Indeed, silver just hits differently compared to gold or bronze

Nicer on the eyes

That’s great news, but two questions

First, does the auto melee just start acting out on its own for you too?

Second, Ummm did you post this in the wrong thread by any chance?

Oh wow I did on accident haha. 

And yes the auto melee gets stuck for me too.

• Like 1

Last I checked, I'm sitting on MR24. I don't really care enough to rank up further.

That said, whenever I try a new gun and end up getting the XP for the next MR rank, I'll take the test because "eh, why not."

Though the only real reason for me to ever even consider trying to actively rank up would be to get to MR30 so I can play ESO with a unranked frame.