Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You should 100% rework Empowered blades since it's literally a detriment to squads.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Combat discipline made it in the smart way, you sacrifice health on kill but your allies gain health on kill.

this mod, however, forces all players in the squad to loose 90 shields per heavy attack per hit...PER HIT.

sure nobody is using this mod let alone in public groups, but I have started to use it...and I've seen more people using it too, so please make it beneficial for groups.

either making them restore shield on heavy attack instead of loosing it, or change the mod function entirely.

• Like 9

While I can see the problem your having, its only going to be a detriment to players that does "HEAVY ATTACKS". And the amount of players that use heavy attacks with melee is so few, and even then, most players that do, don't even spam heavy attack. This kind of change is not necessary at all, and if this is all because you want to use Exodia Contagion without problems, then just either git gud or find some alternative to using it all the time in the missions you play with randoms that use Empowered Blades.

• Like 1

Just want to point out that the game would suck and be some extremely samey gameplay if the community was catered to too much (I mean, DE need to really work to keep players from standing around, which doesn’t exactly strike me as something to chase); if players aren’t using it, I can only think that there’s some actual potential complexity left.

Now to look up what this thing actually is

edit: Wait. This thing sounds interesting as-is. I’m going to have to get a hold of it

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

5 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

While I can see the problem your having, its only going to be a detriment to players that does "HEAVY ATTACKS". And the amount of players that use heavy attacks with melee is so few, and even then, most players that do, don't even spam heavy attack. This kind of change is not necessary at all, and if this is all because you want to use Exodia Contagion without problems, then just either git gud or find some alternative to using it all the time in the missions you play with randoms that use Empowered Blades.

Imagine you have a heavy attack build on like, the Corufell or Syam or a glaive/any other good heavy attack weapon.

You then run into a player using this aura while not using heavy attack builds and your forced to deal with the consequences, even if you aren't using the aura yourself.

i know this should be a very rare situation, but it can happen, so i agree with OP. 

even compare it to combat discipline:
Combat Discipline:

• The aura bearer health loss and ally health gain are separately triggered, as follows:
    • When the aura bearer kills an enemy, only the aura bearer loses health.
    • When an ally kills an enemy, only that ally gains health.

Empowered Blades:

• The bonus to status chance is additive with other status chance mods. A weapon with a base status chance of 10% with Mod TT 20px Drifting Contact and Empowered Blades would gain an additional 10% status chance (+100% status chance bonus) for a total of 20% status chance.
  • Bonus damage is not applied if your Warframe does not have at least one shield point available to be consumed, making it impossible to benefit from on NidusIcon272 Nidus, InarosIcon272 Inaros or KullervoIcon272 Kullervo, and of very little benefit on frames that cannot regenerate shield at will, or have extremely small shield reserves.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

This mod, however, forces all players in the squad to loose 90 shields per heavy attack per hit...PER HIT.

Are you sure the negative applies to everyone in squad when they do heavy attacks?

I do think the mod should be adjusted either way.  The negative shouldn't be per hit, which gets ridiculous fast with range and/or grouping, even solo.  (And because of Follow Through, the hits themselves become less effective as you add more enemies.)

27 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

While I can see the problem your having, its only going to be a detriment to players that does "HEAVY ATTACKS". And the amount of players that use heavy attacks with melee is so few, and even then, most players that do, don't even spam heavy attack.

Pretty fair amount of heavy attack builds out there, especially with glaives and gunblades.   And I'd guess the vast majority are spammy.

Also we may very well be doing more heavy attacks soon.

• Like 2

I do not like Auras in general.

You can't know what auras are already in the run if you join in.   And it takes too long to swap and coordinate em with the team through arsenal and chat.

And i do not like how mandatory they are, because of bonus capacity they give....and that some give less than others.

Auras are bad design in general.    In a freaking game that encourages unique personalized build, they allowed people to affect each other without any notice (and no, its not similar to buffs that you can at least ask to stop in mission)

"Empowhat ? blades"

reading the post

Ah the Only Aura that I NEVER used since It existed... I don't maxed mods/frame and often have to use Heavy Attack Spamming as Desperate Move to buy time (Always Work fine). Tactics that Make this mod an absolute nightmare to low-to-mid-level survivability;

2 way to go :

1. Just DO NOT USED IT, when they'll see it is useless; Even more since Shield-gating rework.
  2. Just ignore it by using Shield Regen abilities (Mag, Hildryn). But in High Level, this will kill you anyway.

Just use tank frames with it. Rhino, Nezha, and Revenant would all benefit from it the most since they don't rely on their health/shield pools to stay alive. There's also lesser tank frames like Mesa or Zephyr. Barring that, try taking Loki, Ash, Octavia for invisibility to avoid getting shot so you can use the aura without putting yourself in harm's way.

Not everything has to be equally usable on every frame.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Never used Empowered Blade since i've never seen any use of it. Some of the auras should be changed or buffed slightly so they see more use than seeing everyone run Growing power / steel charge / corrosive projection / energy siphon / Power Donation / loot radar all the time.

That said, has anyone tried Empowered Blade on a frame that has Kullervo's Wrathful Advance subsumed into it? That's an ability that focuses on heavy attacks and / or teleportation with a temporary crit chance buff and even if it's weaker when on anyone other than Kullervo himself, maybe Empowered Blade affects it beneficially, for the teleport + heavy attack or just for the crit buff in general? Haven't tried it myself though, and you'd be better off just using Steel Charge anyway, but it could be somewhat interesting, if a bit mid?

13 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Just use tank frames with it. Rhino, Nezha, and Revenant would all benefit from it the most since they don't rely on their health/shield pools to stay alive.

While true, I don't think that's a good reason to leave this as is.  The usefulness of the aura even in those frames would be limited in spammy heavy builds, since the way the negative is constructed it's easy to deplete shields entirely.  So then you're talking about a few frames that  are only doing intermittent heavies or have to have a great shield restore method.  That's getting into "too limited" afaic, especially when it wouldn't be hard to rework the negative somewhat and open it up to a lot more builds.

And if the negative affects squad members too who aren't using the aura, would your reaction be "Whoever can't handle the shield loss brought it on themselves by not playing Rhino, duh." :P

(And I wouldn't have expected this thread to give me another reason to think Mesmer Skin is gross, but life is full of surprises.)

• Like 2

Reading people actively trying to justify not improving things astounding. 

2 hours ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

This kind of change is not necessary at all, and if this is all because you want to use Exodia Contagion without problems, then just either git gud or find some alternative to using it all the time in the missions you play with randoms that use Empowered Blades.

This isn't about the OP using Exodia Contagion and being harmed someone else using it, it's that the OP themselves using the aura and other people in their squad could be getting hurt by them wanting to use this aura. Could you be bothered to read a four sentence thread? 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

sure nobody is using this mod let alone in public groups, but I have started to use it...and I've seen more people using it too, so please make it beneficial for groups.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Who cares, this isn't about everything being equally usable on all frames, it's about the fact that it can genuinely hurt other people on your squad to the point where they can be killed more often for you simply using the aura or you can intentionally use the aura to grief other players, especially in the context of Circuit, Sorties and Archon Hunts where you can see what other people are using or plan to use for the restrictions, like Melee only modifiers. 

Hell, half the people reading this thread don't even understand what the aura does. It doesn't matter if the heavy attack build is spammy or not, it drains shields per hit and you can  hit multiple things with one attack. Jesus. 

Edited by Yasha-7HS
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

is this about being usable on your frame or being DETRIMENTAL to all other players?

I CHOSE to use this mod because I have Hildryn who is a shield tank, and having status damage to heavy attack dot procs as a multiplicative buff is pretty strong if you ask me (not that people had a hard time without it)

other players, didn't...so every heavy attack they do will cost them their shields...some players are shield gating, so they have 50- like shields but the mod will STILL deplete it. this is one of the worst support aura mods because it doesn't actually support.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yasha-7HS said:

Could you be bothered to read a four sentence thread? 

No matter how short I make my posts, people still remind me of the "huh!" cat. I never go more than 4, 5 sentences and I still get these kind of responses lmao.

like what? do I need to link a subway surfer gameplay underneath or something? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Just use tank frames with it. Rhino, Nezha, and Revenant would all benefit from it the most since they don't rely on their health/shield pools to stay alive. There's also lesser tank frames like Mesa or Zephyr. Barring that, try taking Loki, Ash, Octavia for invisibility to avoid getting shot so you can use the aura without putting yourself in harm's way.

The OP isn't complaining about the mod's drawbacks on their own frame.  They're calling attention to the fact that its negatives (apparently*) affect the rest of the team.  You can't "Just use tank frames" when someone with this mod loads into a mission you're already in.

It's breaking from the precedent established by Combat Discipline, and it should be changed.

*I say "apparently" because I haven't tested this myself to see if the negatives are actually taking effect on players who don't have it equipped.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-01 at 2:50 PM, Tiltskillet said:
On 2023-12-01 at 1:42 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

This mod, however, forces all players in the squad to loose 90 shields per heavy attack per hit...PER HIT.

Are you sure the negative applies to everyone in squad when they do heavy attacks?

I do think the mod should be adjusted either way.  The negative shouldn't be per hit, which gets ridiculous fast with range and/or grouping, even solo.  (And because of Follow Through, the hits themselves become less effective as you add more enemies.)

+1 Or with weapons that hits multiple times like Sarpa or Redemer.

• 2 months later...

it should indeed be redesigned to drain the aura bearers shields, not everyone else in the squad, as you can actually grief/ disable/ nuke your own squad mates with this aura, when they use catalysed shields/ shield gating as their main strategy for survival, whilst also playing a heavy attack build, e.g voruna, many glaive based builds, many gun-blade based builds. 

It's a cool idea, and does work for some frames with big shields and fast, active regen, but can kill others who have little on the defensive side. 

Thanks for considering this [DE] hope it gets passed on to you. 

On 2023-12-01 at 4:42 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Combat discipline made it in the smart way, you sacrifice health on kill but your allies gain health on kill.

Combat Discipline is anything but "smart". If multiple people have it equipped in a squad, you don't lose health, which means you don't get the interactions it's used for anymore (like triggering Arcane Avenger, for example).

• 2 months later...

Has this been adjusted?

I'd like to try the Aura to enhance the forced Slash procs on my melee weapon. The extra 60% status damage sounds amazing but if this will drain my squad mates shields, especially if it also triggers with Tennokai, then I might be unintentionally griefing everyone.