The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

snowball pvp is amazing

balckillofdeath

i have always wanted to really try to play pvp. even if only for a few matches.  the only reason i didnt play is because no one else did. despite trying recruit chat or clan members

the snowball event somehow brings in enough people that i am not sitting waiting forever for a match.

and the fact that every one gets the same stats does make it feel fairly balanced.

the other thing that i thought was amazing was that de allowed playing snow ball means conclave standing.

which is one of the big reasons i stayed playing besides the glyph!

who else liked the game mode?!

• Like 11

I don't, it is bland, boring and hitting my mouse button over and over is killing my wrists. Actually the content is so bad, I don't even want to play it for the Glyph, because this might awaken the though that this pool of boringness was a good idea and it comes more often.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hm. I might have to give it a try

It's 4v4 team deathmatch where you all have 100 HP 100 shields and two locked weapons: "Solstace Spheres" (snowballs, use Kunai animations, deal 90 damage with forced cold proc) and "Solstace Scythe" (unique cold damage scythe that AFAIK always uses the Forward combo of Stalking Fan)

Killing an enemy player makes the drop their soul, collect soul to give your team one "annihilation" point. First team to 50 points wins

• Like 3

Just now, L3512 said:

Lol, even with the event ongoing matchmaking is completely dead.

Well it's almost over. I get on WF fairly late every night, and I was able to get all three matches no problem... but there was definitely a sense the matchmaking was petering out after the sun went down, my 3rd match never filled up (3v2)

20 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Well it's almost over. I get on WF fairly late every night, and I was able to get all three matches no problem... but there was definitely a sense the matchmaking was petering out after the sun went down, my 3rd match never filled up (3v2)

I just waited for twenty minutes before shutting WF down, how long has this event been going?

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

As far as I know it started at like 8 AM Friday morning. Yeah just a one day special

Makes sense, I don't recall seeing it yesterday and I tried playing around 8:00pm on a Saturday night so should be primetime. Ends in 9 odd hours which meant to probably started something like 4AM here.

30 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

err snowball event is not "almost over"; it's going to the end of the month.

At first i was cautiously optimistic to try a populated PVP mode.

Then i was severely confused about matchmaking putting me into endgame scoreboards over and over.

Then i was frustrating by horrendously laggy and desynced hosts unable to support 4, let alone 8 players making the mode unplayable, dozens of players constantly leaving, chaotic host migrations, and absurdly lopsided teams that never filled up, where even carried on the winning team was a miserable experience.

Then i was mildly amused by the conclave vets finally having their 15 minutes in the spotlight of being able to pub-stomp people who hate being there in the first place, making sure nobody would ever touch this again in the future.

But now i just feel a breathtaking sense of soul-crushing pity for everyone who was looking forward to this as an advertisement or incentive to engage more with PVP. They might only be a few dozen, and they might not share any of my interests, but they still deserve better. So much better.

Edited by RoadCrewWorker
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In-game timer says it's only 9 more hours

That's the timer for this particular item.

Tomorrow we get a new item.  And we get two more items next weekend.

But the event goes until the end of the month.

Snowball Showdown Link

"Coast across the wintry wonderland and pelt your fellow Tenno with snowballs. Stow your Weapons for some friendly competition and leave your opponents with a face full of snow. This Conclave event will be live from December 1 at 2 p.m. ET to December 31 at 2 p.m. ET, so get in there and enjoy some holiday fun!

While Tennobaum 2023 and the Snowday Showdown are live, you can celebrate the season with four limited-time Alerts!"

• Like 1

There's a reason this event hasn't returned for 6 years.

It's boring, bland, PvP in a PvE mode (meaning anything we farm or want to use, means nothing generally. Just the exact same issue Kahl has), very little reward and conclave, having been abandoned for years (even new warframes are not added to the list of usable frames anymore), offers nothing to the main game. Very few of the seemingly useful mods, are even usable in the main game.
Take Excaliburs Slash Dash augment. You regen shields of allies, this does NOT include you. Slash dash makes you immune to damage... EXCEPT your shields. This Augment would help fix that. It does not.

The conclave skins aren't really all that special anymore either. The syandana is awesome, however ONLY lights up if you do your conclave DAILIES, meaning every single day you'd have to do conclave for hours just to get the actual full syandana.

It's just not worth farming

• Like 4

It's true that this PvP event is decent and I would say it's mostly due to the fact we all have the same gear equipped as well as enough people are playing it because of the event rewards. Although a huge downside for me is that you can hardly tell who is ally or enemy before trying to hit them or double check whether you see them on your mini-map. And that's ridiculous in a PvP team oriented game mode.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's 4v4 team deathmatch where you all have 100 HP 100 shields and two locked weapons: "Solstace Spheres" (snowballs, use Kunai animations, deal 90 damage with forced cold proc) and "Solstace Scythe" (unique cold damage scythe that AFAIK always uses the Forward combo of Stalking Fan)

Killing an enemy player makes the drop their soul, collect soul to give your team one "annihilation" point. First team to 50 points wins

Thanks for the breakdown. I wanted Dog Days to have a PvP element, and I’ve never got a chance to try PvP in general to see whether it’s as bad as the greater playerbase (who I don’t trust in matters like this) say.

The current event does seem like it’s a little… janky, though? At least according to the posts I’ve seen so far. I’ve no problem with a fight, but jank and bugs are far less appealing

2 hours ago, Myscho said:

ground slams still OP for years

Yeah, the one thing that translates from PvE that really makes PvP annoying is slam cancelling. I use it myself, but it's just annoying as a mechanic to have. The biggest issue with Conclave is that it is Warframe as a foundation, and Warframe is broken, unbalanced, and offers unrestricted movement that is completely chaotic.

I really think PvP could be decent if they re-added Stamina and tackled all the intricacies that made their way into Conclave from PvE that don't need to be there (like abusing some passives, animation cancels, etc.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

The current event does seem like it’s a little… janky, though? At least according to the posts I’ve seen so far. I’ve no problem with a fight, but jank and bugs are far less appealing

Warframe's PvP uses the same peer2peer matchmaking as the PvE. No dedicated servers. That's the janky part

• Like 2