Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we make credits tradable?

(PSN)FirmBizkit

There's no chance we're getting tradeable Credits. It's very easy to have millions (or even billions if you want to go for it) of Credits in this game.

You don't have to do The Index either. Dark Sectors, Sorties, Profit-Taker, and several other areas give hefty sums that add up over time.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There's no chance we're getting tradeable Credits. It's very easy to have millions (or even billions if you want to go for it) of Credits in this game.

You don't have to do The Index either. Dark Sectors, Sorties, Profit-Taker, and several other areas give hefty sums that add up over time.

I’ve read about profit taker, that’s beyond me still and the other areas still pale in comparison to Index.

Even if they added just another credits focused activity it would be nice. I really hate Index

Railjack is decent but can take a while doing solo - especially if the A.I. crew bugs out

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PSN)FirmBizkit:

They can already be bought for plat, so why not?

Really not a fan of Index. 

because it doesn't make sense? the logic is missing.
and even for a bit of plat you can pay for services from others. for example for index faceroll... then you swim in the plat. and too many people can farm solo high lvl index.

At present, the more valuable the trade you are receiving, the more credits you are required to pay as a tax.  Presumably there's a design reason for this, which being able to trade credits would subvert.

I've been sitting on an extra full set of Arcane Energize ever since I farmed it for my spouse back during Orphix Venom; she doesn't play enough to have the credits to receive it though XD.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I've been sitting on an extra full set of Arcane Energize ever since I farmed it for my spouse back during Orphix Venom; she doesn't play enough to have the credits to receive it though XD.

If she does not play enough to farm a little bit of credits, while being carried, she does not play enough to mandate the need of having Arcane Energize.

At some point in the game (once you got all the mods and maxed them out) credits really start accumulating because you have nothing to spend them on beside random transmutions if hazard is your thing. 

I was not a fan of Index either, until I started playing Razorwing Titania in it.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Because they can Already be Bought for Plat.

items which DE sells in Market are universally not tradeable, they don't want to have a conflict of interest where player's trade them and undercut DE.

Then can we lower the price because 25p for 50k cred is even worse than the plat prices for base frames and weapons imo. Relative to in game time investment/realife earning capability.

I haven’t really seen another item in the shop priced worse than credits I don’t think. 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Then can we lower the price because 25p for 50k cred is even worse than the plat prices for base frames and weapons imo. Relative to in game time investment/realife earning capability.

I haven’t really seen another item in the shop priced worse than credits I don’t think. 

They'll lower the cost if enough people stop buying it that its no longer profitable for them to keep it that high.

all your complaint about it does, is Remind DE that there IS Demand.

If you want it to change, convince several thousand other players to stop encouraging it via their purchases.

53 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

If she does not play enough to farm a little bit of credits, while being carried, she does not play enough to mandate the need of having Arcane Energize.

With respect, I would recommend that you read my post again.  I added a playful personal anecdote to the end of my post  one that in no way suggested that my spouse needed Energize or that any game systems were in need of change so I would hope that nobody would see any need to judge my spouse or her situation at all.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

With respect, I would recommend that you read my post again.  I added a playful personal anecdote to the end of my post  one that in no way suggested that my spouse needed Energize or that any game systems were in need of change so I would hope that nobody would see any need to judge my spouse or her situation at all.

If you are not ready to see people respond to what you wrote - do not write that. In my opinion it is a very good example to illustrate the mechanism:

In short, if someone does not have time (or means or know-how) to farm the credits, they do not really need them. Making them tradable will not solve their problem.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

They'll lower the cost if enough people stop buying it that its no longer profitable for them to keep it that high.

all your complaint about it does, is Remind DE that there IS Demand.

If you want it to change, convince several thousand other players to stop encouraging it via their purchases.

I mean I haven’t personally bought creds via plat. I don’t think it’s worth it. I couldn’t imagine anyone else either really - at least not enough that would warrant such a high price. When you can offer something at a lower price you can often sell more of it and generate more cash flow. If this is the reasoning DE is using as you say though, then there would have to be a sizeable number of people spending plat on credits and I just don’t see anyone realistically doing that.

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

If you are not ready to see people respond to what you wrote - do not write that. In my opinion it is a very good example to illustrate the mechanism:

In short, if someone do not have time to farm the credits, they do not really need them. Making them tradable will not solve their problem.

I have time to farm credits - index is just extremely boring and other methods are highly inefficient.

I realize I have a choice in this but it’s bad game design to make a player “feel” bad about the choice they’re making. Which in this case would be efficiency over entertainment. Choices should be meaningful, not punishing for efficiency sake. You don’t really ever want any kind of thing that makes some feel like they absolutely have to do something X way. It’s part of why linear play can be so boring in games.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

3 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

They can already be bought for plat, so why not?

Really not a fan of Index. 

Neither am i, which is why i just sell duplicate mods. A few thousand Ammo Drums goes a long way.

Besides your idea would have people roleplaying the Corpus by loaning newer players credits at exorbitant interest rates and gouging them for plat. Trade chat is already a cesspit as it is, but this would make things even worse lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

If you are not ready to see people respond to what you wrote

Well, I made the good faith effort to give you the benefit of the doubt and hoped this was simply a misunderstanding.  Unfortunately, it seems that wasn't the case.

And rather than introspecting about whether your comment was necessary or appropriate, you've chosen to hide behind free speech, which avoids the concept of justifying what one says in favor of simply asserting that they have the right to say it.  Accountability deftly dodged.  But if that's the kind of person you want to be, you are indeed free to do so.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

if someone does not have time to farm the credits, they do not really need them.

It's an interesting theory.  But also a silly one.  This is a video game that people play for fun; nobody needs anything in it.  But it's fun to have toys to play with.  If you want to invent headcanons for why certain people aren't worthy of playing with certain toys, I suppose you can, but it sounds like a needless form of gatekeeping.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 3

You know, if everyone who added to this post just went to the mod console and sold their duplicate mods they'd be fine on credits. 100+ Redirection mods? Yeah my fellow tenno it's time to sell them off. In equivalent Index time you could make the same amount to upgrade your Primed Sure Footed - Wukong Cheese mod.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

I’ve read about profit taker, that’s beyond me still and the other areas still pale in comparison to Index.

Even if they added just another credits focused activity it would be nice. I really hate Index

Railjack is decent but can take a while doing solo - especially if the A.I. crew bugs out

It seems you just don't like credit farming, I got some suggestions
If all else fails, just do that infested survival on... Europa...? I think its Europa
I suggest sorties too, they give a shockingly good amount of credits
If you don't want to do ANY (or can't, understandable) just sell spare mods for credits

• Like 1

I only farm credits during double credit events and Profit taker has been my go-to.

With booster, event booster, chroma effigy, and credit blessing we're talking about 1.5M per run with each run taking about 2-4 minutes.  Much more if you get smeeta affinity proc(s), the possibility for which is a big part of why it's a way better farm than index.

Most double credit events are weekends, and my usual goal during them is to pull at least 100M per day of the event (i.e. about 300M per weekend).
Given we had 3x credit event weekends leading into tennocon this year, I was able to pull over 1B from those alone.  More than enough to last until the next credit event w/out farming outside of credit event.

• Like 2

The children yearn for LOR 

But honestly credits might be one of the main reasons I miss LOR. I had around 700 million credits from regularly running trials and like you've said, while the viable credit farming options exist, none of them are all that enjoyable for me. 

One day I will learn to properly Chroma on Profit Taker, one day...

5 hours ago, Malikili said:

It seems you just don't like credit farming, I got some suggestions
If all else fails, just do that infested survival on... Europa...? I think its Europa
I suggest sorties too, they give a shockingly good amount of credits
If you don't want to do ANY (or can't, understandable) just sell spare mods for credits

Can’t sell mods still need the endo. I would do Railjack if it paid a bit more it’s just it’s a pain in the ass with the A.I. crew being so unreliable and not having many people to matchmaking - particularly for the pilot to shoot external objectives when you’re off deck and have to teleport and fly back for all of them

7 hours ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

You know, if everyone who added to this post just went to the mod console and sold their duplicate mods they'd be fine on credits. 100+ Redirection mods? Yeah my fellow tenno it's time to sell them off. In equivalent Index time you could make the same amount to upgrade your Primed Sure Footed - Wukong Cheese mod.

If I was to sell all the rest of my Harrow Chassis blueprints I still have left from the last purge I'd get around 7 million credits.

Yes selling mods soon builds up even mods can give you a bit of a boost, I have a lot so not really a good indicator, if I sold all my duplicate mods in the 4-number range would net me 6.1 million, great for a rainy day not that I even need to sell them anymore, I even just give them away when a player asks in region chat and I see it.

Selling lots of little things soon mounts up, been there and done that in the early days selling everything to scrape every credit just to reach the next build cost, lot more things to do to get credits nowadays too.

4 hours ago, traybong111 said:

The children yearn for LOR 

But honestly credits might be one of the main reasons I miss LOR. I had around 700 million credits from regularly running trials and like you've said, while the viable credit farming options exist, none of them are all that enjoyable for me. 

One day I will learn to properly Chroma on Profit Taker, one day...

I've only managed to place my Chroma sometimes correctly after all of them I've done to try and get the extra drops, I don't try anymore seriously, I just drop Chroma to see if it works, not fussed if it fails.

I could think of a few possible reasons... Not that I don't sympathise, and not that I agree with the possible reasons. One example, is that for many players, especially those that have been around a while and played a lot, Credits are in large abundance. If you could trade them to newer players, where certain resources are designed to be somewhat bottlenecked, to encourage newer players to start developing certain expectations and behaviours to alleviate issues (in short grinding and farming), that system starts to break down a little. Now this does exist already... people can bypass many grinding and farming... via the in game store. They can also bypass this via trade, but... only in certain select, specific ways, that DE has likely put a lot of though and time in analysing/considering. 

Basically end game players having the ability to give a resource thats abundant for them, to players who need it, is something a publisher needs to be considerate of. May affect patterns around Credit Booster purchases or the perceived value of it when its given for free, which also in turn influences how people play, grind and farm. 

Not liking Index is yeah, that is a significant way to make Credits in the game. Its not the only way though. Game doesn't explain this well, but each day you get a bonus to your first missions earnings. People have mentioned Profit Taker and Railjack, which are higher end, there are certain Dark Sector maps, that have extra boosts, and evn the Daily Sortie is actually a good source for Credits. Selling Harrow pieces, Kavat Incubation BPs, Mods (though Endo is usually the better route to get), and all those ways are often usually increased with Credit Boosters too. Then eventually Credits are a non issue. 

Also to be clear, I am not saying that is impossible to be made something that could be traded... just its not something that can't, for arbitrary reasons, even if we may not know the exact actual reasons. To put it another way, you can buy Credits with Platinum, but its one of the worst value trade offs in the game. Like its insanely poor value.