Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random discussion: If Kaiths are specifically from Duviri, why does Dagath summon one?

xcrimsonlegendx

Read through her lore and that of the kaith as well, seems they're specifically a Duviri thing.
Dagath had an actual flesh and blood horse in life... So why in death does her horse morph into a void-tainted fairy tail steed?
I'd imagine it was just easier to reuse the kaith model than give her a spectral horse or something?

Here's the thing tho, not everything from Duviri is a void-tainted fairy tail from that book, DE while quite okay at doing storytelling are terrible at explaining the actual lore behind it. Unlike other games, but not the topic I am bringing up here.

From what I understand of how the Duviri works, it was formed by the Void due to the Tales Of Duviri Book, however, it was more than just an ordinary children's storybook, since Tales Of Duviri was instead used as a tool to teach the young passengers of the Zariman how to regulate and control their emotions when travelling through the Void. (cuz children suck at that). The Dominus Thrax figurine was owned by the Drifter as a child, likely toys and such were made after the book.

However Teshin (our actual one) was killed by Erra and his body fell into the Void, alongside the Opeator and the Lotus, he ended up in the Duviri, so he is there in the Duviri itself, as the Duviri is now an actual plane, since the "Man in the Wall" is trying to break into it.

So, my only guess is that Dagath's horse was killed at some point and its body was sucked into the Void, why it now looks like a kaith.

Or it can just be a lazy way of doing it and as you said was "easier"  

I'd say there's two possible explanations.

Either Kaithes were real at one point, and their appearance is accurate to that point, and are not a creation of Duviri. Or Dagath and her story is a creation of Duviri which isn't an impossibility since Albrecht was able to enter it and even construct a lab there.

5 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Dagath had an actual flesh and blood horse in life... So why in death does her horse morph into a void-tainted fairy tail steed?

a possible explanation could also be that, before she became Dagath, "the Rider" may have been exposed to the idea of Kaithes either from reading Tales of Duviri themselves (though it was designed for the Zariman children, there's no reason it couldn't be a best-seller across the empire), or Kaithes may have been a mythical creature in Orokin culture even before Tales of Duviri was written, and Euleria Entrati borrowed them for Tales of Duviri, much in the same way the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are used in some dark fantasy works, etc.

you may also have noticed that Dagath wears a Horse's Skull on her arm, and it IS a Horse Skull, not a Kaithe's Skull. that is likely the actual remains of Rakhali, but she envisions Kaithes for her ability, perhaps because of their mythos and the additional fear that could be imparted from being attacked by a bunch of mythical, otherworldly beasts as opposed to a realistic one.

if you want a mechanical explanation, it's because DE didn't want to have to create an entirely new realistic horse Mesh for the sake of one ability on one frame. quicker and easier to copy paste Kaithes and make them glowing ghosts.

• Like 1

Although Tales of Duviri was fiction written by Euleria, she based her book on "real world" references in the Warframe universe. Kaithes most likely were as real as the Dax soldiers that rode them to battle.

Besides, Kaithes look semi-undead with their skeletal appearance, which Dagath's honse should resemble because it died long ago.

• Like 1

Everything that is done in Warframe in the end is chopped and sliced and also incoherent. The dagath parts should be farmable in duviri somewhere there, whether in owls or chests that appear on the map or in some content similar to kullervo. Creating rooms in the dojo just for 1 warframe is an immense lack of respect for the players and the game itself. Capriciousness and common sense are what DE lacks.

• Like 1

If you got a chance to revive one of your former pets, would you take them as they were? Or if you were allowed to give them wicked horns, wings, fire breath, to turn them into some of sick Unicorn Pegasus? A spectral version, so you don't have to worry about cleaning up after them or feeding them etc 

I mean, I personally would probably just want them as is, they were perfect as is, but thats because I am talking about cats and pups specifically, but if I had a horse.. I'd probably think it would like to fly, and be modded out and fashion framed to look like some sort of mythic horse legend from some grand epic fantasy. 

So basically Dagath was a nerd weeb fantasy book fan, who fashion framed her dead horse. 

Also if you give her animation set to other Warframe, they also summon spectral horses in their own respective colours as well, so an argument could be made that all Warframes are like that too. 

34 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

If you got a chance to revive one of your former pets, would you take them as they were? Or if you were allowed to give them wicked horns, wings, fire breath, to turn them into some of sick Unicorn Pegasus? A spectral version, so you don't have to worry about cleaning up after them or feeding them etc 

I mean, I personally would probably just want them as is, they were perfect as is, but thats because I am talking about cats and pups specifically, but if I had a horse.. I'd probably think it would like to fly, and be modded out and fashion framed to look like some sort of mythic horse legend from some grand epic fantasy. 

So basically Dagath was a nerd weeb fantasy book fan, who fashion framed her dead horse. 

Also if you give her animation set to other Warframe, they also summon spectral horses in their own respective colours as well, so an argument could be made that all Warframes are like that too. 

Somebody needs to go read Pet Sematary again.

void-infused killer kitty, best not, eh. 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

it was just easier to reuse the kaith model than give her a spectral horse or something?

This is the truth , in my opinion. And anything else is just excuses to justify it.

So my excuse is that Duviri takes inspiration from things that already existed in orokin society , they seem rather common in duviri but we're likely very rare in the origin system .

Dagaths kaithe is just one example.

7 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Read through her lore and that of the kaith as well, seems they're specifically a Duviri thing.
I'd imagine it was just easier to reuse the kaith model than give her a spectral horse or something?

Not everything Duviri related is fiction, it is just manifested/embodied through the emotions of the Drifter along with a few real outside appearances. Mostly the characters would be fiction, just like those in any other fictive book, but the animals are likely real in their concept. So a kaithe is probably just an Orokin horse, just as they have bio-technological fish, wyrms, soldiers and even other animals elsewhere.

We also know from other NPCs that Duviri (not the one we play the Drifter on) is/was a real place in the Orokin empire. So the wildlife and farm animals along with the kaithe might originate from there, just as the base for the characters in the book might come from inspiration taken from the real Duviri.

19 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

My guess: kaithes were actually a real creature that lived in Orokin societies (we see in Duviri which is semi-based off of the Orokin that there's a medieval style society, and seeing as the actual Orokin wore robes and used melee weapons for ceremonial purposes at least (innodem lore), it makes sense that they would use kaithes instead of space cars or anything else for short, on-planet travel or alternatively kaithes would be used by the dax like we already see in Duviri).

I'm guessing that means that after the Orokin fell, all the kaithes died because unlike kubrows and kavats, kaithes weren't as accustomed to the wilds (which is why we only see domesticated kaithes in Duviri).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT