Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level's to high.

Draconus-Vale

so i've just gotten back onto warframe after nearly a year i think? waiting fro the cross save to go live. I'm ecstatic, do the new quest, great, love it! and INSTANTLY slapped in the face with enemies i'm struggling with now. As soon as i finished whispers in the wall, all enemies for that zone, are now 70 plus. Which is fine, except its not. My melee build thats built around super crits, not enough. My gun? not enough, i have no idea how to play this new dlc, outside of my old way of fighting high level enemies. Play grendal, eat them, spit them into the void/off ledges. So anyone care to help me out? It bugs me that solid built weapons become garbage just because of a level bump. I use the Ignis Wraith, obviously not needed to stay on this, i just like the flamethrower :D, currently using the grimoire for a secondary, and the Paracesis as a melee weapon. With the vault having level 200 plus base level enemies, i honestly have no idea how players are managing ><. I'm assuming warframe has fully fallen into the 'meta build' mentality, hopefully I'm wrong, either way, here's the mods i have on my weapons for reference.

Ignis Wraith: Serration, Heavy caliber, Hammer shot, Vigilante Armaments, Split Chamber, high Voltage, Malignant Force, Stormbringer, and Primed rifle ammo mutation for the Exilus.

Grimoire: Hornet STrike, Augur Pact, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Stunning speed. I don't have the best selection of secondary mods.

Paracesis: Tempo royale for stance, the new mentors legacy for the exilus. Gladiator might, berserker fury, shocking touch, sacrificial pressure, sacrificial steel, virulent scourge, organ shatter, blood rush. The only mod not maxed out is sacrificial steel, and thats just 2 levels left.

so any tips would be very much appreciated. I was struggling with this before i left before, as at the time, the steel path was still quite new. But i couldn't play, because level 100's just didn't die. My warframe is good, i have great survivability (and the mods for that aren't maxed ye either! :D yay Inarus!) so I'm good there. Just need help on the weapons please T_T. I liked the freedom of old warframe where you just used whatever weapon you wanted. So please tell me i still can, and its at least just the mods that need work? :D

The game continues to evolve. That's on you to keep up with it, I'm not sure why you're expecting builds from 2018 to still be relevant all this time later.

Your builds are just out of date, as happens with new updates- but the new content is crushable, largely thanks to the new incarnon weapons, kuva and tenet superweapons like tonkor and bramma, and new frames like the reworked revenant, hydroid, and Grendel and citrine. 

You can find high damage, high survivability builds on a site called Overframe, which mostly revolve around ability damage reductions, buffs, and either viral or corrosive along with heat and a mod called hunter munitions for the weapons.

Additional note: armor stripping is important, and with two of the new archon shards, a mod-like resource you get from the new content, you can increase the power of corrosive procs to fully remove armor.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 18

Get some incarnons from Zariman and level up your mods a bit. Also those weps are not ideal imo but im no expert. I just posted my prisma skana in players helping players with which I can solo the murmur in SP. 170 CC plus the arcane can boost damage into nosebleed levels. Also perhaps visit circuit to get rivens or paladino in iron wake and see if they will aid you. At this point there are many weapons that can deal high damage. You just need to find the right combo I suppose.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9p3KJ8fac

6 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

The game continues to evolve. That's on you to keep up with it, I'm not sure why you're expecting builds from 2018 to still be relevant all this time later.

Your builds are just out of date, as happens with new updates- but the new content is crushable, largely thanks to the new incarnon weapons, kuva and tenet superweapons like tonkor and bramma, and new frames like the reworked revenant, hydroid, and Grendel and citrine. 

You can find high damage, high survivability builds on a site called Overframe, which mostly revolve around ability damage reductions, buffs, and either viral or corrosive along with heat and a mod called hunter munitions for the weapons.

Additional note: armor stripping is important, and with two of the new archon shards, a mod-like resource you get from the new content, you can increase the power of corrosive procs to fully remove armor.

i found a good oen on overframe actually, its pretty decent, seems managable to ge the mods, even got 4 of em already. biggest problem is the galvanized part. i need galvanized chamber and aptitude. No biggy right? Just do arbitrations? can't >< they are locked. i used to manage in them with my paracesis, but i'm locked otu due to all the new missions, and a large majority of them, are 70+ T_T so ima TRY to find some peeps to run vaults to grab vile acceleration and critical delay with in th emeantime. maybe when i get those i can replace the two galvanized until i unlock do you think?

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Get some incarnons from Zariman and level up your mods a bit. Also those weps are not ideal imo but im no expert. I just posted my prisma skana in players helping players with which I can solo the murmur in SP. 170 CC plus the arcane can boost damage into nosebleed levels. Also perhaps visit circuit to get rivens or paladino in iron wake and see if they will aid you. At this point there are many weapons that can deal high damage. You just need to find the right combo I suppose.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9p3KJ8fac

thats the second time yall mentioned incarnons, what are those? and as to the arcanes, i have like, 3 but only for my warframe, and just unlocked them for melee from teh murmur i think? so i dont' have any of those either. I'm focusing on trying to build up my ignis for the moment. so we'll see what happens.

26 minutes ago, Draconus-Vale said:

dang, i was all set to try to get one, but seems those are locked behind steel path too. i can't access that yet. but look forward to getting back into it again.

Only incarnon adapters, which add an incarnon mode to existing weapons, are locked behind steel path.
There's a few incarnon weapons sold by the weapons dealer in the Zariman that don't require steel path to get and are exceptionally powerful.

Or you could go for Tenet or Kuva weapons but those are quite time consuming and difficult to get.

There's a few weapons outside of those that are quite powerful on their own too, like Cedo. You just gotta do some online digging to find them. I hear the Mele weapons from Duviri are quite strong.

Edited by PollexMessier

3 hours ago, Kaiga said:

I dont think its really his fault. Warframe/DE do an awful job at getting new/older players caught up to speed with new mechanics and things to obtain.

You're just kind of expected to keep up with dev streams and seek external sources for info.

A returning player shouldn't have to come to the forums, or look up guides to figure out how to play the new content.

• Like 6

Not having end-game powerups is not the main problem. Your builds are all about Corrosive damage - that's the problem. Study damage vulnerabilities and resistances of the main new enemy factions:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fragmented

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Necramech_(Enemy)

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Angel

Update your builds accordingly, that should improve your damage output.

If you have Unairu maxed, use Operators caustic strike to instantly strip enemy armor.

Hello there, and welcome back to the game! Glad you enjoyed the new quest, so did I. 

As far as your difficulties? Eh, thats potentially a lot more complicated. Like there are potentially a lot of different ways you could improve, to find the difficulty lessened. There are also different approaches you can take. For example, I know you said you have been a way for a year? Except it almost seems like longer? Or, did you still have a lot of game you hadn't explored when you left? For example did you do much high level Zariman missions? Even the non Steel Path high end missions can be pretty tough, Ignis Wraith is incredibly powerful in the early and mid game, but starts to fall off considerably against tougher enemies, unless you find ways to compensate (like armour stripping enemies etc). 

Steel Path also isn't necessarily vital, especially if you don't want to do it, but its the kind of challenge that demands that you refine, understand and really learn about the games various mechanics and systems, to see what can work, and what doesn't and sort of develop your ability to put together build ideas and theory that you can then use to empower more of your builds. If that sounds a bit too abstract and theoretical, basically what I mean, is a lot of people think that you need the best weapons to do Steel Path, but thats really not true. I personally take hundreds of different types of weapons into Steel Path regularly, the very best weapons, just make it, way easier, more thoughtless, and straight forward. Like there are these weapons called Incarnons, which you have heard about already. There are a few different types, the originals you get from Zariman, the additions you get from Duviri. Some of them are so strong, as long as you fill each mod slot, you'll probably kill a lot of tough enemies with them. If you want to take a weapon like Exergis or Daikyu, you'll still be able to kill enemies, but you'll have to know the weapons strengths, weaknesses, potential synergies, understand why/how the games elemental systems work, whether you should go Viral, Corrosive, Gas, Heat, etc, whether the weapon has something like a forced procc element, like the Daikyu... which forces an Impact. Then why does that matter? Well because there is a mod that could turn that into slash... which bypasses enemy armour... 

You sort of see what I am getting at? Chances are you can use a lot of your favourite weapons, if you invest into them, however... you may have to spend time learning, relearning the game, and understanding certain interactions, systems, mechanisms... Which some people like myself? I really enjoy that, so thats a positive and more content. That also may mean having to backtrack though too.

For example, when we look at your Ignis Wraith build? its decent, but also a bit redundant. Did you know, there is actually an Arcane slot for most weapons now, and mods like Serration and Heavy Caliber aren't often used that often anymore? Well Serration has its place on certain builds, but to many older players, Serration was a mandatory mod, but now its not anymore. A lot of people get that raw damage from Arcanes instead, specifically Primary Merciless. There is also a set of new mods, Galvanised Mods, one which can assist that way too. Serration and Heavy Caliber in general is a bit redundant but even more so now. Ignis Wraith also comes with default Heat right? So, depending on your mod configuration set up, it sounds like you have Corrosive and Radiation damage? Which can be decent, but one of the strengths of a status beam weapon like Ignis is the ability to build a lot of heat procs against enemies. So you'd probably rather want Viral and Heat, with the Viral assisting the Heat (Viral caps, Heat doesn't), but also... thats just more of a generalised idea... not the games new content, which specifically is strong/resistant to what the meta was/is...

Now if a lot of what I am saying, is just... too much, understandable, but thats sort of my point, it sounds like you have missed out on a fair bit. So its sort of your choice about whether all that interests you, or bores you, and then what to do about it. Since catching up in different parts of the game, in order to progress, will require different bits of knowledge and information. For example, I am not sure if you would struggle getting some of the Zariman Incarnons, let alone the Duviri Incarnons. Or whether you might find doing basic Steel Path to get some of those Arcanes would help, or voce versa. Arbitrations might be a good place to start to get Galvanised Mods, but some find that a bit tricky as well. Depending on how long you have been gone, there may also be a lot of new Warframes you might prefer. Like if you like Inaros, I wouldn't try to tell you otherwise, but weirdly Inaros isn't as tanky/survivable as he once was, because Warframe introduced shield gating. There are enemies that can occasionally one shot us Warframes, but most will survive because of how shields work. Inaros has no shields so... Nidus doesn't either, but he has his stacks and a damage resist ability. There are Warframes now, that can press one button and become invincible for a while... There is even an Operator ability, that when you die, you don't die, you get a window to kill enemies, and if you succeed, you auto revive... There is also content where if you do die, its mission failure/no manual revive...

So there is a bit of a gear check going on, but also a knowledge check too. Its sort of the combination, which can balance each other out. A lot of people can get by, with variety of builds/kits because they have the knowledge, but a lot of people don't care about that, and they can get by fine too and have fun, with the gear aspect (though both may require building progression from easier areas/parts of the game too. 

Anyway I said a lot, hopefully it wasn't too confusing, if you have more specific questions or worries, please feel free to ask. You might want to sort of think about a route of progression for getting more powerful/improving your builds. Give yourself goals to accomplish. Like, if you like Ignis Wraith? hats essentially a beam weapon that can hit multiple opponents. Well the strongest version of that type of weapon right now, is Torid Incarnon, which turns into a powerful beam, that hits multiple opponents and will be far more effective in killing them. That being said, thats also not an easy weapon to just get, but you could make that a goal and get prepared to attain it. By the way this is just an example of what I mean. 

• Like 1

Take Helios with you, it'll scan the enemies in to the codex and you can see there what their weaknesses and resistances are.

Pretty sure you can trade for galvanized mods.

Incarnon weapons are strong but they aren't necessary for the new content at all. I've been using Phage and Paracesis just fine.

Oh and feel free to add me in-game if you need any assistance. I came back after a long break too and know it can be overwhelming.

Edited by Nira

I've used Ignis / Ignis Wraith forever. I think together they're about 50% usage. I didn't use it cuz I liked the weapon though. I used it for farming efficiency. I call it the "Crate Breaker". I used to run Sorties with it most the time on a damage boost frame since it wasn't lacking in status. It was more a lack of caring for "normal content".

Sorties helped introduce the general / new community to status effects being useful over crit. This trend used to continue further as level went higher. Weapons like Torrid, Zarr, Pox, Synapse, Sicarus Prime, Marelok, Akstiletto Prime. These were all signature endurance runner weapons because they had decent crit but more importantly high status per second. The general rule was that it's easy to amp your damage output but there's few sources to improve your status. So you pick status and amp damage with buffs/debuffs.

Without getting into math, the sweet spot for status used to be if you red-line (fully strip armor) at about 30% with body shots but kill without red-line on head-shots. The new damage system is very basic. You can't fully strip armor with status anymore. In fact, you only need 10 Corrosive procs and 1 Heat proc before 8 seconds. Ideally ~3-4 seconds. Every status caps now except Heat, Toxic and Slash thus 90% of weapon builds try to stack Heat and Slash. We also have the new Eximus units with Overguard which further deters from having too much status rate since only raw damage will break their Overguard.

Against Armor: If a weapon has around 70% base Slash weight you build Viral. If not you build Corrosive + Heat. That's a generalization of course. Against Corpus: Toxic,. Viral, Gas or Viral + Electric isn't viable anymore in late scaling due to shield scaling changes. Against Infested: Nothing really changed. There are Arcanes since I last played that try to make Cold and Electric useful. Cold seems like it could work but I haven't bothered to math it out and that's the thing. You don't really need to bother.

I never used Paracesis. It didn't have enough status at the time even after a buff. I used Galantine Prime and later Gram Prime, cuz power creep. Melee isn't in a great state right now though. it does less than half the damage it when I last played. Until you get yet more arcanes to fix flaws with this new damage system.

I used to have 6 Ignis builds. Now there's only 3 with one (Viral/Rad) being a support build to CC for frames like Mesa.

10 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

dang, i was all set to try to get one, but seems those are locked behind steel path too. i can't access that yet. but look forward to getting back into it again.

I noticed your builds lack the Galvanized mods from Arbitration modes as well. You should really get on those as they allow guns to scale a LOT better at higher levels, it really is a night and day level of difference. Rivens and arcanes can help too, it's up to you where you go with those though. Also cosider armor stripping options as well.

for now, consider doing arbitrations, get yourself strong enough for steel path and then when you can, try and get some of the Incarnon Geneses for weapons, they're a HUGE power boost most of the time.

• Like 1

Do Arbitrations to get the Galvinized Mods and then either farm or acquire the Primary/Secondary Arcanes through trading (they are very cheap).

Rivens: If you have them then use them but they are not necessary if you've got R5 Arcanes or Galvinized Mods.

Nice to have but I wouldn't recommend spending any plat on them. Bit of a scam.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

I use the Ignis Wraith, obviously not needed to stay on this, i just like the flamethrower :D

I share thy love for ye old thrower of flame, but i've had to make few adjustments to my build for it to kill sp enemies in a reasonable amount of time. added arcane avenger and combat discipline in aura slot, this way i have 96% crit chance for hunter munitions to proc off of. You can add in a bane mod to boost it further. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

so any tips would be very much appreciated. I was struggling with this before i left before, as at the time, the steel path was still quite new. But i couldn't play, because level 100's just didn't die. My warframe is good, i have great survivability (and the mods for that aren't maxed ye either! :D yay Inarus!) so I'm good there. Just need help on the weapons please T_T. I liked the freedom of old warframe where you just used whatever weapon you wanted. So please tell me i still can, and its at least just the mods that need work? :D

I came back after a 5 year break in April and had the same problem. The things I recommend you get at minimum, that will get you well on your way: laetum (secondary from zariman, and do its evos, i use the ninjase build on overframe); the arbitration mod rolling guard, maybe the galavanized multishots.

So, get to cleaning up start chart if you need to to get arbitration unlocked and do the zariman quest. Seriously, the laetum is amazing and pretty easy to get and rolling guard will get you out of a lot of jams. Those two things might be all you need to really get you going.

edit: the break was actually 8 years because I came back to my PS account.

Edited by tomnmillie
  • Like 1

Modding:

First off and most importantly, some of your modding choices suggest to me that you may not know the intricacies of how to meaningfully increase your weapon damage by using a mix of different damage mods.  So for that, I highly recommend you take 10 minutes to get (re?)introduced to these concepts; they make a world of difference!

Meta:

At present, Warframe in no way requires any meta, because we have such an excess of power that it's unnecessary.  So there are plenty of options to use.  That said, the less meta your choices are, the more you may have to delve into the nitty-gritty of things like enemy elemental weaknesses and stuff like that.  So if you're just getting back into the game, it's not a bad idea to try to go a bit more meta at first just because it's easier and smoother that way.  Then when you're feeling more accustomed to things, that's when I'd recommend branching out more and doing whatever you want.

In that vein, the weapons you're using have mostly fallen out of favor.  Ignis used to be a powerhouse but I feel like it struggles to get timely kills nowadays.  And Paracesis is neat against Sentients, but overall Heavy Blades have become one of the weaker weapon types.

And in addition, it's worth mentioning that some of the Murmur enemies have giant health pools and no armor.  Which is a really cool disruption of the meta, since the meta tends to focus on ways to bypass armor.  So Corrosive, Slash procs, etc, aren't nearly as effective on this kind of enemy, which is a fun way to mix things up and encourage players to try new things.  So in that way, be aware that some of what you're experiencing isn't even necessarily a lack of power from being gone so long, as much as it is a new kind of enemy defense that most players are needing to adjust to.

What I'd recommend:

Others are doing a great job of recommending weapons, so I'm going to go into a different direction and recommend a Sentinel that will just kill everything for you:

Good luck, Tenno!  And welcome back!

• Like 1

Okay, OP, here's an offer:

While your build is one thing, the grind is another. Do you want some help?

You don't have to go at this alone, and if it's just clearing the nodes so you can go get better mods and farm the rest, then I'll be perfectly willing to help out. Assuming we're online at the same time, just hit me up.

We can clear those nodes, I can talk you through some stuff on Discord, and then you can go on about your merry way ^^

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IggySnow said:

A returning player shouldn't have to come to the forums, or look up guides to figure out how to play the new content.

They should if it's a live service game, because those games always have meta shifts...

For example, in Destiny a bunch of stuff got nerfed and more stuff will be nerfed. People used to run infinite grenades on solar hunter but now you can't do that anymore, so obviously those people have to find a new build for the new content. It's just how these games work...

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 2