Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain.

Lord_Drod

1 минуту назад, Lord_Drod сказал:

kahl.jpg

Explaining: you've took two seemingly random screenshots, combined them together, uploaded them to an image hosting service, linked them to the forum, providing no context and expect someone to figure out what you had in mind while doing it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Orokin technology, you can see through one side like glass, but not the other

Stuff that works kinda like this also exists in real life

It is not even the same shape or angle.  Where is the huge flat rectangle? Edit: I guess it's there just like the front, it just always looks kinda weird to me.

Edited by Lord_Drod

It's extremely unclear to me, but it looks like the left side is looking down at the Orbiter in the Drifter's encampment, with the lander hovering above it...

and the 2nd is a view from within the orbiter, looking up at the "view screen" ceiling near the arsenal... while within the cave.

So, the question is, why can you see through the view screen, that doesn't exist on the exterior, like a glass window...

at least that's my explanation of it... see-through metal from within could very well be Orokin technology... but plenty of sci-fi shows have completely enclosed cabins and bridges that only have view screens relaying the outside world to them, while maintaining the structural integrity and protection of a metal shelled space ship.

• Like 2

If you go outside the orbiter there and try and find where the glass panel would line up outside, there is several feet of structure outside that is completely invisible.  It is not just a one way side.  The entire top half of the orbiter is completely invisible.  The glass panel is below that, so you would see the structure.

Edit:  I guess its just perfectly designed and a bit of an illusion.  Panel is higher up than it looks from the outside.

Edited by Lord_Drod

Does anyone else have like the shadow of the orbiter above them as well in Kahl's Garrison?  Sorry I'm too lazy to copy that one.  Just walking around, there is a giant Darth Vader like helmet completely shadowing me.  I do also see my frame shadow. 

Haha. Looks like a classic case of Skyrim house; different on the outside versus the inside,

🤔 though in this one I’m… not quite sure that’s a fair excuse. Since it’s all the same geometry in the one instance it should be modelled to match…? It’s not like you go into the ship and it blackscreens you while it teleports you to a whole other area

edit: Hm. Though looking at the other screenshot I guess I can see how it works and that it’s just a one-way glass thing, instead of a Skyrim house. It would be a stretch to think that it was modelled so differently when it’s a continuous whole

Edited by Merkranire

Aside from the transparent material explanation there's also the possibility that there's no window there at all. That what we actually have is a screen displaying video feeds from above the Orbiter. Which I've always wondered why that isn't more common in Sci-fi games as the tech is simple and makes ship interiors far more secure.

Sadly this is exactly the type of question for the old "Ask a Cephalon" bit DE used to do. It's why we know that Foundry Credit costs are actually Ordis charging us for basic ship maintenance.

• Like 3

DE have often been inconsistent with how tiles should look: many times you look at the map layout, and it looks like you should be able to see one room from another, but you can't; even on outdoor tilesets. the map layouts can make absolutely no sense and be physically impossible, but that's procedural generation for you. 

in this case though, it's just a case of not bothering to make the outside and inside of the Orbiter look consistent. 

• Like 1

lol, it's not a problem, its just general discussion.  I'm also kinda confused.  Is that the railjack down there?  If so, why is the interior the latter half of the orbiter?  The entire orbiter model is floating above including the "legs" and the screen where we'd be looking through down below.  It would make more sense to me if up top the entire orbiter was up there, and down below was the railjacks interior.  It looks like a docking station for the orbiter, which is fine, except the orbiter is 100% full above, so I don't really get what that structure is below and why it would take on the orbiter's interior, and why the rest of the orbiter's interior would not be accessible up top, because the model is clearly there. 

If it is the other half of the orbiter, then floating orbiter should be reduced a lot more so collectively they look like the orbiter.  Also that structure is 3 times the size of the "full orbiter" model floating above and I haven't really seen a model with these two structures together.

The Orokin gave Pluto and Jupiter Earth-like Gravity, transformed Venus into verdant green garden world and, whilst the jurys out a little, potentially transformed several gas giants into rocky planets.

Basically, you can just replace the words 'Orokin technology' with 'actually just magic'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Basically, you can just replace the words 'Orokin technology' with 'actually just magic'.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke

• Like 1

Ignore the joke "space magic" posts. The real answer is DE design/development inconsistencies. The Orbiter model actually existed for a very long time. You can see concept art for it and a long, long time ago they had considered showing how the Liset docked in it. I can't remember the DevStream, but if you search you can find the old WIP animation mock up for it. Hell, this is actually so old that it was before we got the different dropships. Cause if you really look at the "docking port" and the actual insides of the landing craft (ie the part with the codex, store front, etc.) it's shaped like the Liset. All the other ships do not fit neatly into it, cause it was originally designed to take/be the Liset. I say all this cause the glass port in the arsenal wasn't there originally. It was added post Railjack to have a way to see it while in the orbiter. So yeah. It's not going to be on the Orbiter's model. It just wasn't the original, it was added in some 5+ years later and no changes were made to it to show the glass piece. People can headcannon all sorts of silly bs but it's just Occam's Razor. Game development shenanigans.  

Edited by PR1D3
  • Like 1

Either an oversight or there is a retractable protective metal barrier that covers the window while in dangerous situations/when not in use.

Honestly, I hate that the Railjack is "Tethered" to The Orbiter.

I feel that it should be docked. The Orbiter is supposed to be quite large and impo, it'd make more sense for the Railjack Elevator to take us down vs up through a winding cable. 

Also, the real question is...

How the heck did a ship as big as the Orbiter squeeze into a little cave? I imagine that getting in and out of that cave is extremely difficult. 

• Like 1

On 2024-02-12 at 12:53 AM, Lord_Drod said:

Is that the railjack down there?

Nope.

Fun fact: if you have the orbiter in space, the skybox from the railjack will match that from the orbiter (which makes sense, as they're tethered), as I suspect we all know. However, if you go directly to the railjack from the Drifter camp it will instead be in orbit around Earth with a unique skybox, and the view from the back window of the railjack in that case is beautiful.

18 hours ago, Aerikx said:

How the heck did a ship as big as the Orbiter squeeze into a little cave? I imagine that getting in and out of that cave is extremely difficult. 

I just tell myself that there's an underwater pathway; the orbiter went down into that, and the end pokes up at the camp.

• Like 1

If you think that's confusing try working out how the interior of railjacks fit into the exterior. None of the window placements even have space to exist on the outside. The side windows look like they're way above the wings but the only hull above the top of the wings is the archwing slingshot. And the skylight two rooms behind the front of the ship is in front of the slingshot, but on the outside the slingshot covers the entire length of the ship and would be overhanging the cockpit window.

I've just accepted at this point that we have tech that can compress space and fit large spaces into small things, I mean that pretty much has to be the case with landing crafts clearly being too small to house the cockpit and yet, they do.
And the "windows" are just screens with sci-fi tech that makes them look like windows. I think the Vistas in the Dormizones are pretty much confirmation of that. Reminds me of the screen tech from Prey.

Edited by PollexMessier

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

And the "windows" are just screens with sci-fi tech that makes them look like windows

Honestly this has been my belief since the early Warframe days. 

I assumed that the Ship sensors provide imaging of the outside and display it for passenger comfort.

Honestly, that makes more sense and is significantly safer than having glass windows of all things. 

The old Corpus ship tilesets (where you could blow out the windows) were a prime example of why it's a bad idea, AND used to poke a hole in my belief but once DE removed the tileset I took that as confirmation of my belief. 

3 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

I just tell myself that there's an underwater pathway; the orbiter went down into that, and the end pokes up at the camp.

I tell myself that as well. That it must be connected to some massive lake or the ocean. But even then...The Orbiter doesn't seem very maneuverable. Poor Ordis...having to fly it down into crevasse every week for my weekly Kahl mission. 

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I mean that pretty much has to be the case with landing crafts clearly being too small to house the cockpit and yet, they do.

What I'd give for Landing Craft to get scaled up and/or have new drop off and extraction animations. 

I feel like the whole 'Space Ninja' concept got sucked out into the depths of empty space long, long, long ago. (Like around the time of Second Dream) 

The game feels more about being an Elite  Sci-Fi Warrior from an ancient cast long since gone. 

Therefore, the whole ninja kite entrance and exit stuff needs to go. Replace em with animations like The Skaut landing craft has. (When are we getting a Corpus Lander?! We had it during The New War! I want that Corpus ship! It's so damn cool!)

• Like 2