Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I give up trying to play netracells with randoms.

Every. Single. Time I start a public netracell run, at least one Tenno doesnt grasp the concept of killing enemies inside the red area and that brings the mission to a screeching halt. 

I can think of a few things that would help but im sure theres other possibilities.

a) enemy spawns tweaked in such a way that they prioritize the red zone so mission progress isnt essentially stopped outright if someone wanders off.

b) more clear dialogue/prompt than "make sure the security system sees you do it".

c) this one might be asking too much but, some kind of debuff/ouchie that happens if you wander off to "nudge" you back. Like running out of life support but eventually fatal. 

Ive never been a "omg you have to be as efficient as possible and use the meta" player but I dont know how many times ive seen myself and 2 other tenno sitting in the zone we're supposed to be in doing absolutely nothing with no enemies in sight, to the point i start wondering if the game is bugged, because the fourth tenno wandered off. 

Its a shame. I *like* the mode. And I *like* playing it as a team. But clearly playing solo or with people you know, is a lot less hassle for the same reward with the way it is.

• Like 13

I do not see this as often as others if I am honest , then again , I tend to be the only one in the mission more often than not. (Yeah , even on public I tend to be the only player)

Yes there are those that don't grasp the concept initially , but usually get it once I (or someone else) tells them what's up.

Could help if there is a prompt from one of the NPCs telling the player "you need to be in the area , else you are wasting time".

• Like 1

I want the first version back, with the bug that made enemies able to spawn in the nearest vicinity and make Netracells playable on Steel Path. In the first week it was more about "surviving" than "waiting" and way, way more fun.

This being said, Netracells is the most boring activity in the game upwards of Steel Path. DE, please look at conjunction survival and copy paste the mechanisms.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

Every. Single. Time I start a public netracell run, at least one Tenno doesnt grasp the concept of killing enemies inside the red area and that brings the mission to a screeching halt. 

I can think of a few things that would help but im sure theres other possibilities.

a) enemy spawns tweaked in such a way that they prioritize the red zone so mission progress isnt essentially stopped outright if someone wanders off.

b) more clear dialogue/prompt than "make sure the security system sees you do it".

c) this one might be asking too much but, some kind of debuff/ouchie that happens if you wander off to "nudge" you back. Like running out of life support but eventually fatal. 

Ive never been a "omg you have to be as efficient as possible and use the meta" player but I dont know how many times ive seen myself and 2 other tenno sitting in the zone we're supposed to be in doing absolutely nothing with no enemies in sight, to the point i start wondering if the game is bugged, because the fourth tenno wandered off. 

Its a shame. I *like* the mode. And I *like* playing it as a team. But clearly playing solo or with people you know, is a lot less hassle for the same reward with the way it is.

yep i agree, running netracells in pubs makes it objectively a worse experience for me. there is a 5% chance i roll a team that knows we should spread out for the first phase of finding the 3 compuers, 95% chance they try looking for the Voca or running around killing enemies before we even get to the area, after that there will 100% be a time where i just stop seeing enemies coming and look at my map to see a teammate standing at a doorway killing everyone not realizing what they're doing.

i dont think C is asking for too much since we already have it in the game. void cascade summons a debuff for the whole team if one of your teammates wanders away too far, so you can just do that with this mode as well and explain why this happens.

The funny thing is that the NPCs tell you what to do all the time. There is no excuse for not doing the mission correctly.

Warframe needs progression but also need to revamp the old stuff and give us new rewards so everyone can do the old missions with the new guys and earn something from it.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

1 hour ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

at least one Tenno doesnt grasp the concept

Many players in pub do not grab basic concepts of warframe (eg. enemy spawns mechanic). You got chat, you can call them out on it. Educate them. Yes, you will often get rude responses: "Do not tell me how to play" or "Stop crying*" variation.

Spoiler

I wonder what went wrong in life of people who refer to others talking as "crying".

There are no possible changes you can make to a mission that will be stupid proof.

There are no possible changes to the mechanics that can do anything. Kicking them or killing them will not make them disappear from the community, eventually someone else will get the hot potato.

Just embrace it. Or just play Speedva or/and solo.

Edited by Zakkhar

I haven't had the worst of luck when playing with randoms. More than half the time, everything goes smoothly and is a chill friendly experience, but I have had a few instances where one or two players were just outside killing enemies. Not even doing anything like running for Voca, which, ideally they wouldn't do that in the red circle phase and or diverting enemy aggro, either but... 

So I just tend to solo Netracells. Catch up on some podcasts, don't have to worry about enemies getting aggro-ed elsewhere. I also generally do spend a lot of Warframe time in solo anyway... Then when I do the occasional PUB its fine, but yeah. I empathise with those who have had bad experiences. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if the spawns didn't happen two billion miles away from the marked zone and have them trickle in.

This bug should have been hotfixed, yet 2 mainlines later we're still hitting it.

• Like 3

Same for me. But those times when you do go pug and it’s just you and someone else who knows how to play by staying in the center of the circle feels really good.

Since the latest update though, I find that playing solo it happens at least a couple times in the 5 missions, that the necramite loses the waypoint (no red circle) and you cannot find which room it’s in, so I imagine it just disappears and I have to abort. And there’s also a hallway that if you bullet jump up a few stairs you just die in the sense that it’s equivalent to falling off the map. Not a huge deal since you reappear instantly, but is a bit annoying.

10 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

killing enemies inside the red area and that brings the mission to a screeching halt. 

this is often cause players don't learn the mechanic an/or are one of those who want to be the one with HUGE kill counts

10 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

dont know how many times ive seen myself and 2 other tenno sitting in the zone we're supposed to be in doing absolutely nothing with no enemies in sight, to the point i start wondering if the game is bugged, because the fourth tenno wandered off. 

often the person cant figure out how to get to the area or trying to find vocas in the mission cause they think :O oh these people will be able to handle the objective while i can be  a total waste of time. Not knowing that they are messing up spawns an dragging out the mission cause of there own lack of game mechanics an there desire to leech.

Yup, solo is the way I play these. Every so often I try one pub and it always makes me so frustrated that I'm like "oh yeah, I remember now, back to solo"

Super ironic given that they were setup up to be "solo is a no go"

They seem to be planning the same thing for archimedea we'll see how that goes, hopefully the mission design isn't as bad.

17 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

randoms gonna random. you know this, I know this. 

it doesn't seem to happen that much to me nowadays, but yes, I do still get the occasional Hallway hero, though probably the biggest pet peeve for me now is when someone takes all the keyglyphs.. and is the last person to reach the vault.. as in, keeping everyone waiting for 5-10 mins by the Netracell door because they have all the keys and it won't progress the mission until they get there, and they decide *now* is the time to look for Vocas/Whisper Boss Grimoire. double irony points if they are somehow doing this with a mobility frame like Gauss or Titania, who should nearly always be the first to reach the Netracell..

PSA: if you're volunteering to pick up all the keyglyphs, Excellent! just make sure you go straight to the Netracell, because you hold up the entire mission otherwise.

17 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

I haven't had luck that's nearly that bad, but at least one run per week goes extra slow because of this.  Polite, constructive feedback sometimes helps, but often it's genuinely unclear if some players are even aware of the chat box because behavior doesn't change.

Personally, I don't blame the players.  After playing hundreds of hours in the "kill the stuff as fast as possible" game, old habits die hard and some people are going to miss the instructions to do otherwise.  I honestly think it was a bad choice on DE's part to design a mode in which your teammates can actively hold you back; there are plenty of missions where teammates can not help, but Netracells are one of very few where a well-intentioned but confused player can slow the mission to such a degree.

The ball's in DE's court, as they have all the power required to improve this game mode if they want to.  There are numerous possible solutions they could pick from, from making enemies invincible outside of the circle, to expanding the circle so it covers a much larger area, to removing the circle aspect entirely.  I hope they do something about it.

There's another growing problem that is occurring because DE refuse to even acknowledge this.  It's fairly basic human nature, especially for older children and young adults, that if someone "nags" them about something too often, they start to get rebellious about it, and even do it on purpose.  The longer this goes unaddressed, the more hostile I see other players become when politely asked to keep it inside the circle.  They've most likely been told so many times by so many different people to stop screwing up the mission that anyone telling them anything about the circle becomes an immediate irritation for them.  

It also becomes an immediate irritation for me, and other players that pay attention and play the objective, to see other players wandering off, or fighting at the edge, slowing everything down.  I politely asked someone to keep kills inside the circle the other day and they started in with the "Why is everyone so impatient in this mode?"  Because the process already takes nearly an hour to do all 5, and you're not slowing it down for any valid reason, it's just that you can't pay attention to the most basic objective in the game.  And the canned response is always "play solo.  use recruit."  Because for some reason, basic "play the objective" expectations are asking too much, and crappy behavior is totally valid and acceptable.

The longer they ignore this, the worse player interactions are going to become in netracells.

Edited by MrDugan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I haven't had luck that's nearly that bad, but at least one run per week goes extra slow because of this.  Polite, constructive feedback sometimes helps, but often it's genuinely unclear if some players are even aware of the chat box because behavior doesn't change.

Personally, I don't blame the players.  After playing hundreds of hours in the "kill the stuff as fast as possible" game, old habits die hard and some people are going to miss the instructions to do otherwise.  I honestly think it was a bad choice on DE's part to design a mode in which your teammates can actively hold you back; there are plenty of missions where teammates can not help, but Netracells are one of very few where a well-intentioned but confused player can slow the mission to such a degree.

The ball's in DE's court, as they have all the power required to improve this game mode if they want to.  There are numerous possible solutions they could pick from, from making enemies invincible outside of the circle, to expanding the circle so it covers a much larger area, to removing the circle aspect entirely.  I hope they do something about it.

Thats exactly it. "Not *helping*" is one thing but actively making the run worse to such a profound extent is an issue that should be addressed, somehow. 

I wish I could say im exaggerating, but no, its literally every single time for me. If i'm lucky, for 1 or 2 runs I can sweet talk whoever into coming back instead of either being met with hostility over it or more likely straight up ignored, but it keeps happening. 

Im more than capable of saying okay screw it, solo/friends it is but this mode feels like it has alot more potential.

2 hours ago, MrDugan said:

There's another growing problem that is occurring because DE refuse to even acknowledge this.  It's fairly basic human nature, especially for older children and young adults, that if someone "nags" them about something too often, they start to get rebellious about it, and even do it on purpose.  The longer this goes unaddressed, the more hostile I see other players become when politely asked to keep it inside the circle.  They've most likely been told so many times by so many different people to stop screwing up the mission that anyone telling them anything about the circle becomes an immediate irritation for them.  

It also becomes an immediate irritation for me, and other players that pay attention and play the objective, to see other players wandering off, or fighting at the edge, slowing everything down.  I politely asked someone to keep kills inside the circle the other day and they started in with the "Why is everyone so impatient in this mode?"  Because the process already takes nearly an hour to do all 5, and you're not slowing it down for any valid reason, it's just that you can't pay attention to the most basic objective in the game.  And the canned response is always "play solo.  use recruit."  Because for some reason, basic "play the objective" expectations are asking too much, and crappy behavior is totally valid and acceptable.

The longer they ignore this, the worse player interactions are going to become in netracells.

I feel like maybe 20% of the time I try to politely say something about it they actually listen and come back. 60% of the time they wither willfully ignore it or just don't see the chat message at all. The other 20% its outright hostility.

Its gotten to the point where as soon as I see someone outside the zone at all, my first thought is "oh here we go".

13 hours ago, ShavoPrime said:

this is often cause players don't learn the mechanic an/or are one of those who want to be the one with HUGE kill counts

often the person cant figure out how to get to the area or trying to find vocas in the mission cause they think :O oh these people will be able to handle the objective while i can be  a total waste of time. Not knowing that they are messing up spawns an dragging out the mission cause of there own lack of game mechanics an there desire to leech.

I can see that. Maybe some of these people dont realize how bad they're screwing up the spawns.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

I can see that. Maybe some of these people dont realize how bad they're screwing up the spawns.

From in-game chat for forum posts on my xbox account, I have been trying to explain spawn mechanics, and how to not screw literally everyone over in things like survival (or netracells.) for years on years.  I explained to a newbie that I was helping get some resources not to leave the big room we were in, and exactly why, and they said OK, and then they immediately wandered off chasing red triangles.  

They do not approach doors if you are near that door.  They will not come to where you need them if you are at the edge of where you need them.  Every single time you leave the room you are in, spawn moves out further, to another room.  Chasing spawn will literally lead you across the map and as long as spawn stays on the wandering player (which it always does, for some reason.) spawn will get further and further from where it's needed.  It is so insanely basic and literally no one cares or listens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

randoms gonna random. you know this, I know this. 

it doesn't seem to happen that much to me nowadays, but yes, I do still get the occasional Hallway hero, though probably the biggest pet peeve for me now is when someone takes all the keyglyphs.. and is the last person to reach the vault.. as in, keeping everyone waiting for 5-10 mins by the Netracell door because they have all the keys and it won't progress the mission until they get there, and they decide *now* is the time to look for Vocas/Whisper Boss Grimoire. double irony points if they are somehow doing this with a mobility frame like Gauss or Titania, who should nearly always be the first to reach the Netracell..

PSA: if you're volunteering to pick up all the keyglyphs, Excellent! just make sure you go straight to the Netracell, because you hold up the entire mission otherwise.

I'm still trying to figure out how picking keys work. Sometimes I load in and see that someone has all the keys and someone else has like two and someone has none. Under that situation I can usually pick up all four keys also, but sometimes I can only pick up one as it says someone else has the key already for the others. I do head straight for the searches and netracells though regardless of how many keys I have. If someone can shed more light on this, it would be appreciated.

I mean, they could just remove the need to kill stuff in the kill zone entirely. It doesn't really serve much point besides causing this exact frustration waiting on either stupid team members to have a refrigerator moment, or waiting on the dumb AI pathing to actually bring enemies into range.
Even when people *do* know better, I've noticed that everything bottlenecks up at the edges of the zone where stuff dies inside like half the time because people are nuking on the edge instead of waiting on a large number to get entirely inside the zone.

Alternatively, if they didn't want to remove their weird little kill box entirely, they could just make kills outside of it count for half or something.

• Like 1