Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does reporting afk players do anything?

Now that there is a credit event, in almost every mission of index there is one player afk-ing from the start. Does reporting these players do anything? I'v started to take screenshots, but if i remember correctly we are not allowed to share the names of other players. BS that there is still no way to kick afk players or there being some other system to punish them. I understand that giving vote kicking can be abused, but it depends on how you implement it. Or at least having some tracker that in a mission compares how long you've been afk compared to active. And for punishment you kick afk players from the game, and disable them from public matchmaking for X hours. And more you afk, the longer the public matchmaking bans would get. 

Idk, i hate afk players. In most missions i already have to do most of the work, but then also having afk players just makes me not want to play public. If i have to do everything i might as well play solo.

• Like 4

Don't bother yourself, abort mission + leave squad then restart a fresh one...

Also Player maybe AFK 'cause of irl urgence... so report them is useless at best, insulting at worst.

In case of Index, you gain +200.000 credits per wave whatever the wave and the booster give you +200.000 extra credits.

If you can do everything Solo, just do it.

If you play in team for the need of help, go in Dojo or recruit channel.

If you play in team for the fun of teamplay, don't your anger ruin your fun.

5362419_700bwp_v1.webp

• Like 3

23 минуты назад, Psianide73 сказал:

I'd like to see an activity based auto-kick system introduced. But I doubt it'll ever happen. 

In a game with some endless types of missions people can go to smoke, to get some drinks, to a restroom. With auto-kick system that would no longer be the case

• Like 1

DE has allowed this behavior for a long time, so a lot of players participate in it. There's been an unofficial AFK guide to farming the Index, Aya, and you can check Steel Path Mot leaderboards any time you want and see people with their 7 million Tenet Envoy kills.

12 minutes ago, deucich said:

In a game with some endless types of missions people can go to smoke, to get some drinks, to a restroom. With auto-kick system that would no longer be the case

Hence activity based. If that person has been contributing up until their toilet/drink break (smoking I have no time for), they won't be kicked. 

• Like 1

Reporting does something, but only after repeat offenses and reports from multiple players.

You can get players warned or even temporarily banned from the game for playing in a way that damages other players' experience repeatedly.

Once is not a pattern and there are reasons for that happening for all of us.

An important point is that truly AFK players, ones not moving at all, are genuinely not benefiting from the process, the AFK timer kicks in and will prevent them from getting drops, Affinity and I believe it can even prevent them from getting end-of-mission rewards if it goes on long enough in places like The Index.

Players that have managed to put in an anti-AFK-system method, like automating a move, shoot, interact, cast input that can fool the auto-detect system, those are the ones that reporting can deal with because they are easy to detect and easy to moderate.

• Like 1

vor 50 Minuten schrieb deucich:

Is there an autokick? Doesn't it say on the wiki that you kick after 1 minute? I'm always active, so I've never experienced it myself.
And apparently I've never experienced all this leecher in the games. But I never play normal SP missions for longer than 25 minutes. Only in SP circuit can it take 40 minutes or longer. but people are always playing hard there?

Reporting in game = completely nothing.

Ticket with an evidence = there is a chance

30 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Is there an autokick? Doesn't it say on the wiki that you kick after 1 minute?

No autokick and do not know which wiki statement you are refering to.

31 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I've never experienced all this leecher in the games

From my experience they are most common in open world bounties.

• Like 1

Yes it does something, on rare instances i noticed punishments being handled after an afk report. Normally you won't know anything about it because support won't tell you the outcome and the player is likely to stay quiet about it aswell.

1 час назад, Psianide73 сказал:

Hence activity based. If that person has been contributing up until their toilet/drink break (smoking I have no time for), they won't be kicked. 

So, you can play a bit at the beginning - and now you're safe to go? Weird concept. And there might still some possible issues. Like what if the host is afk? Would a system kick him and therefore force migration? If not, it creates another level of disparity between host and clients. 

Anyway, what is even the point of kicking out people after the first rotation is over? No one new won't be able to join in place of a kicked one. Current thing of "not eligible to reward due to inactivity" seems enough to me. Especially when it can be triggered even when you're solo and doing all the work, just not moving around enough. Imagine being autokicked instead :D

• Like 1

There is a weird mission failure state, even when playing solo, that kicks in some time after you haven't killed anything in some period of time.

I had it strike me when I was trying to solve the Lua spy vaults on my own, without watching youtube videos... but since I had taken so long just jumping around and trying to get wall latch shooting and parkour down, it just ended my mission with a 1 minute timer to get to extraction, from deep in a vault...

I don't like stuff that can grant false positives.

I've never run into a situation where an afk player was detrimental to me. I solo most things, so I build to solo whatever I'm doing... having someone afk isn't a problem for me. Given truly afk people won't get rewards from a mission after certain timers anyway, there's no point in getting mad at them, and wrongly thinking they're benefiting by doing nothing.

People in this game seem to get mad over what others are doing FAR too much, IMO. "They're doing TOO MUCH!; killing everything I want to kill!" "They're not doing enough, I have to carry the team!" "They're not going fast enough!" "They're going too slow!"... This is why I solo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Does reporting these players do anything?

It is official DE policy to not discuss the outcome of reports with other players.  Because of that, players have next to no visibility into the process to confirm what manner of impact it has.  The only people who could provide this visibility are players who have been reported and then punished, but those players have a vested interest in not revealing that the system actually functions, because that would encourage people to report more, which in turn reduces the likelihood that they'll be able to successfully circumvent the ToS.  So in short, no player can tell you with genuine certainty that the system doesn't work, and no player with evidence showing that it does is likely to make that evidence public.  The result is that the veracity of the reporting system becomes opaque, and thus the best players can do is speculate.

...for the most part, that is.  Because at fairly regular intervals, players who have received various kinds of bans for the language they've used make topics to protest how unfair and unjust their bans were.  And while generally these threads get locked, I do fondly remember one time when Reb herself replied directly citing something along the lines of "the disgusting things you said", upholding the ban.  So we do have evidence that shows that human moderation is happening.

And if it's happening with one part of the ToS, there's no reason to think it's not happening with others.  Rebecca has officially stated that AFK-leeching falls under the "harassment" category of ToS breaches and has encouraged players to report it.  The success of Warframe is dependent upon players enjoying the game experience enough to keep returning and spending money on it, which means that DE has a vested interest in players enjoying their game, which in turn means that DE has a vested interest in reducing things like harassment.  The behaviors outlined as being against the ToS aren't just there for fun; that's DE telling its players what is acceptable and what is unacceptable to do when using their product.

I get why some players speculate that "reporting does nothing".  When we raise a problem, it's in our nature to want to know the outcome, we want to know that the problem was solved.  Without knowing the details of how the reporting system works (which DE won't ever make fully transparent, as it would enable players to better game the system) and without giving the reporters information about how the issue resolved (which DE won't ever do because that violates their privacy policy while also enabling players to better game the system), it makes sense that some players would be offput by this process because it's not giving them exactly what they want.  "Tell me that it worked, tell me that I'm safer now."  It's a reasonable desire, but meeting that desire would compromise the system.  All of which is to say, I get where the doubt comes from.

In addition, the players who don't want you to report them have a vested interest in spreading the idea that the reporting system "does nothing".  If they can feed you enough doubt to get you to not click that report button, that makes it all the safer for them to harass, leech, etc to their heart's content.

In summary, there is no hard evidence that the reporting system doesn't function, and there's a handful of evidence suggesting it does, in addition to the fact that DE safeguards their investment by engaging in the moderation of a ToS they themselves defined.  It takes 30 seconds to report someone, so I'd recommend you do it when the situation calls for it.

5 hours ago, deucich said:

So, you can play a bit at the beginning - and now you're safe to go? Weird concept. And there might still some possible issues. Like what if the host is afk? Would a system kick him and therefore force migration? If not, it creates another level of disparity between host and clients. 

Anyway, what is even the point of kicking out people after the first rotation is over? No one new won't be able to join in place of a kicked one. Current thing of "not eligible to reward due to inactivity" seems enough to me. Especially when it can be triggered even when you're solo and doing all the work, just not moving around enough. Imagine being autokicked instead :D

No, not a bit. The devs would set the parameters, and obviously not state what they are.

Whats your issue with someone suggesting a way of dealing with something that's a problem for some? Are you a closet leecher? 

Weird reaction. Bye! 

8 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

Imagine still harboring prejudice against smokers in 2024. Big oof, my guy.

Why can't they bring back the VERY old system Warframe had?  You used to get kicked after a certain time of afk (iirc it was like 5min of inactivity) and/or by not contributing anything.  I know you were given zero credit for the mission (not the currency) for doing nothing and getting 0s across the board.  This was really early on in WF and I really wish that system was still around.  (There were other thresholds but the two I listed were the most memorable).

People AFKing in missions is getting progressively worse.  They will either stand at the entrance after mission load or just find some corner to hide in.  Its pretty much known that reporting AFKs won't result in anything but would be nice to see temporary bans from joining public games if there were some sort of system to be implemented.

Edited by RiskyDice

Considering a category for specifically this is listed on their support page it only makes sense that they eventually do something with those reports. Though I'd assume DE only bothers to act once someone manages to get multiple reports against them. However that then runs into the other issue of most players not bothering to report at all on top of needing to go to the support page to do it at all.

Also just to note DE does take these issues seriously enough when they become disruptive. As it's partly why Wukong got nerfed, AOE weapons got ""nerfed"", and why some reworks/LoS changes have been made. But DE likely isn't going to know how disruptive such things are unless players actively complain and make reports.

So anyone who is bothered by others leeching/AFKing their missions needs to ignore the advice of just ignore them and/or leave the mission and take the effort to report them instead. Otherwise the issue will never have a chance of being seriously addressed.

Yes.  I got a surprise 2 week ban and I only ran some rescue fissures and some sanctum exterms for voca.  Unfortunately support discloses no details so I didn't even know what I was doing.

In the rescues I was looking for wardens that nobody kills and did go afk when I had no time to reach extract and this is after the mission.

In exterms some people get mad if you look for voca.  I had no other pub missions.

They also told me abnormal loot and I forgot to close the game in an open world solo after farming a bunch of tags.  I was banned next day after this.  I believe they combined reports with this mission.  I couldn't farm anything downed in open world because my sentinel had no attack mod since I was using stealth.

I'd only report someone if they just load in to leech and don't move repeatedly, as some have done in zariman bounties.  This was never my intent however.  

I personally think the system can be harsh and they have limited info and give you limited info to make changes.

I see people go afk all the time, but aren't leeching.  If you are reported, it will lead to a ban.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Imagine still harboring prejudice against smokers in 2024. Big oof, my guy.

Imagine thinking that smoking is anything other than a terrible idea in 2024.

Grow up, it doesn't look cool any more. And having lost both my parents to it I have every right to dislike it as a habit... Now get lost. 

• Like 3

I prefer to just solo index. In the interior room you can literally spawncamp enemies if you're solo. And the gamemode is extremely easy now.

I kinda miss when it was actually difficult tbh. But not enough to go asking DE to make it harder or nerf every god damn thing.