Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elementalist mods - a good option for status builds

So been less focused on the operation and been trying out some of the new mods in the last few hours , and the elementalist mods are pretty decent.

We might finally have more of a reason to use D polarity. 

It feels like the status equivalent of crit damage (I think they should have a status damage stat now).

Very effective on pure status loadouts ,but I am not sure if they are worth the slot for hybrid or crit focused (even HA) builds.

Then again , I haven't really done a very detailed analysis considering the changes to enemy health , so I may be wrong. 

Would like to get some views if anything specifically stands out or flows well together with these mods.

• Like 4

They do seem  limited by the existence of Primed Faction mods, which do the "status damage" job better, and also enhance direct damage.  And there aren't too many other mods on my "serious" builds I'd want to replace.  So...

I'll use the shotgun one on Exergis, as it'll replace Ammo Stock and give me a great damage bonus on top.  I'll use the melee one to replace any Killing Blow mods I'm using.   I think it will also be a replacement for Gladiator Might on some builds where I have a crit damage riven.  I don't have any Expedite builds, but maybe these new mods will inspire me.

I'm sure there will be some more, but those are the ones I've been thinking of right off the bat.    

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

"More of a reason" , not that is was pointless in the past , but you would have maybe 1 D polarity actively added.

We did have the primed cold mods as well (and blast changes will partially help on that too) which may change as things evolve.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

They do seem  limited by the existence of Primed Faction mods, which do the "status damage" job better, and also enhance direct damage.  And there aren't too many other mods on my "serious" builds I'd want to replace.  So...

I'll use the shotgun one on Exergis, as it'll replace Ammo Stock and give me a great damage bonus on top.  I'll use the melee one to replace any Killing Blow mods I'm using.   I think it will also be a replacement for Gladiator Might on some builds where I have a crit damage riven.  I don't have any Expedite builds, but maybe these new mods will inspire me.

I'm sure there will be some more, but those are the ones I've been thinking of right off the bat.    

Oh yeah exergis is amazing (cannonade and elementalist both work wonderfully). I have my fire rate and reload speed where it's hard to tell I only have 2 magazine :D

Many forced slash loadouts are good , like scythes , amalgam organ shatter + melee elementalist really speeds things up (both in actual animation and TTK) 

I am still checking , but shotguns are what benefit most is what I am seeing, followed by beams.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

They've been pretty interesting so far. Not a focal point of a build, but a good 6th or 7th mod to pick instead of going for something basic.

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't have any Expedite builds, but maybe these new mods will inspire me.

Scythes have forced Slash procs on Heavy Attacks. Melee Elementalist makes those Slash procs hit for just about double. Lasting Sting gives you twice as many Slash proc ticks. Melee Duplicate doubles everything again. Harmony's special effect is Expedite on Heavy Attacks. Harmony is a scythe. 👀

Reminds me of when Tenet Plinx' alt-fire could use Synth Charge.

The math says it might also be good on Khora, though I'd have to roll my Riven to make room and rolling Rivens sucks.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Many forced slash loadouts are good , like scythes , amalgam organ shatter + melee elementalist really speeds things up (both in actual animation and TTK) 

You mean spam Heavy?   Not  appealing to me, I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Scythes have forced Slash procs on Heavy Attacks. Melee Elementalist makes those Slash procs hit for just about double. Lasting Sting gives you twice as many Slash proc ticks. Melee Duplicate doubles everything again. Harmony's special effect is Expedite on Heavy Attacks. Harmony is a scythe.

Hah, that's hilarious.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

You mean spam Heavy?   Not  appealing to me, I'm afraid.

Hah, that's hilarious.

Not necessarily heavy , scythes was on the top of my head cause we just got one new scythe and one scythe cosmetic. any weapon which procs a DOT element will be benefitted by this. i need to try out the obex and the ohma , would be rather interesting with influence i think.

1 hour ago, Dreddeth said:

Melee Elementalist feels like it belongs on Melee Influence nuke builds, and/or whatever people are using for Contagion Cloud Saryn.

yeah , that seems like a very obvious choice to make.

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

The math says it might also be good on Khora, though I'd have to roll my Riven to make room and rolling Rivens sucks.

Do the Status Damage mods work on stat sticks? I didn't even try that out.

I always appreciate new toys to try out, but looking at our builds, mod capacity, and mod restrictions, I find it hard to find room to even slot these. That being said, I appreciate that they introduced a mod like this, it's long overdue.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I always appreciate new toys to try out, but looking at our builds, mod capacity, and mod restrictions, I find it hard to find room to even slot these. That being said, I appreciate that they introduced a mod like this, it's long overdue.

Yeah , the mods are good but they arent good enough to replace many of my staples. They will however be replacing some of my niche mods in my niche weapons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Scythes have forced Slash procs on Heavy Attacks. Melee Elementalist makes those Slash procs hit for just about double. Lasting Sting gives you twice as many Slash proc ticks. Melee Duplicate doubles everything again. Harmony's special effect is Expedite on Heavy Attacks. Harmony is a scythe. 👀

Replace Melee Duplicate with the new one (+6 status effects on knockdown). Because Scythes proc Slash *and* knockdown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

Replace Melee Duplicate with the new one (+6 status effects on knockdown). Because Scythes proc Slash *and* knockdown.

I will really need to test out how the hell harmony does the maths on some of these weird interactions. 

Anyone have a test result?

Rifle Elementalist is the primary punch through mod of my dreams. My Braton Prime (and a boat load of other slash heavy rifles) has been long overdue for some PT, but needed some sort of tangible benefit along with it, but didn't want to increase fire rate, and I already have Vigilante Offense as on my sentinel as a stat stick.

Only thing that would make it better is getting primed somewhere down the line. Wishful thinking TBH, but you best believe I will be thinking wishfully about it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Rifle Elementalist is the primary punch through mod of my dreams. My Braton Prime (and a boat load of other slash heavy rifles) has been long overdue for some PT, but needed some sort of tangible benefit along with it, but didn't want to increase fire rate, and I already have Vigilante Offense as on my sentinel as a stat stick.

Only thing that would make it better is getting primed somewhere down the line. Wishful thinking TBH, but you best believe I will be thinking wishfully about it.

I think Pistol should get the Rifle effect because there isn't any good low cost punch through mod for pistol. Rifle has Shred and Vigilante Offense. There is only Seeker for pistols and Cannonade for semi-auto pistols.

Elementalist mods are quite surprisingly powerful especially for Shotguns and Pistols. Melee could have use for it too because of the forced-slash heavy attacks of some weapon classes. But it's quite difficult to decide which mod to replace for most builds.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 3

So far enjoying it on Primaries, havent tried it out yet on secondaries since the two I use are for utility purposes. Considering to test it on my influence melee builds, would likely replace primed reach since range isnt that needed when running influence.

Think I slotted the secondary mod on Dex Pixia instead of Lethal Torrent since both of those stats are covered in abundance from other things.

Strun Incarnon with it works well, and the toggle so it turns full-auto made it a really comfortable shotty and AoE mass destroyer. Running one viral+heat setup and one with pure heat for frames that use Nourish. In the "low" status build it still have 400% status chance in Incarnon form, with good weight on both slash and heat.

edit: And with the chance to use the semi-x mod aswell it removes the penalty from the corrupted crit mod.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

I could test it more formally but it felt like it did.

Booo, it does not :( I'll report it as a bug and see where that gets us.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Ooh. That sounds even better!

Edit: Oh god.

qBPvouZ.png

Edited by PublikDomain

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I will really need to test out how the hell harmony does the maths on some of these weird interactions. 

Anyone have a test result?

I don't have my exact numbers on hand but it worked out following the usual math. However, floating point precision and rounding get #*!%y almost immediately. When hitting an enemy with neutral resistances/weaknesses (like an Ancient) I was dealing ~45k damage twice as the regular hit and then the procs collapse into an orange damage instance for ~370k.

1440 base damage * 3.85 damage mods * 4.1 crit damage * 2 combo = 45,460 which is my 45k.

45,460 * 0.35 slash proc * 6 ticks * 2 times more ticks * 1.9 more damage =  362,777 which is my ~370k.

Spoiler

Edit: I lied, grabbed some screenshots:

h3kqynP.png

This is with Duplicate.

With Harmony's second passive on-kill effect for 30% more Status Duration it's a little different:

45,460 * 0.35 slash proc * 6 ticks * 2.333 times more ticks * 1.9 more damage =  423,231. I was taking my time so I didn't see this one in testing very often as the buff expired.

I'd have to check but I don't think Duplicate duplicates the heavy attack's forced proc. Doesn't seem like it does unless I'm missing a 2 somewhere. But Harmony can deal Slash procs normally, so it and the duplicate attack can trigger a Slash proc on their own. When it collapses the proc it looks like it always goes together as one single damage instance, which is always orange. I would guess that for Slash procs this is also True damage.

Some of the weirdness I was finding was that Harmony can also hit weakpoints, especially on enemies who have been knocked down. And when it does, all sorts of goofy headshot and headcrit math gets involved and it deals 23M damage on my setup.

When fighting groups there's also the follow-through to account for.

But I'm gonna go try using the knockdown Arcane instead of Duplicate real quick.

Edit: oh, haha. That's goofy. Weakpoint crit on an Ancient using Afflictions:

Spoiler

n2HYNNz.png

I would not be surprised if this interaction were adjusted.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I could test it more formally but it felt like it did.

Booo, it does not :( I'll report it as a bug and see where that gets us.

Well Faction Damage doesn't, so that's why I was interested. I'm still waiting for Stat Sticks to die and we just mod ability weapons with access to all the mods like we should.

18 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Well Faction Damage doesn't, so that's why I was interested. I'm still waiting for Stat Sticks to die and we just mod ability weapons with access to all the mods like we should.

Long as they don't change what the abilities are I'm right there with you. God I'd hate it if they took away Whipclaw and replaced it with just an actual melee whip.

Just now, PublikDomain said:

Long as they don't change what the abilities are I'm right there with you. God I'd hate it if they took away Whipclaw and replaced it with just an actual melee whip.

Nah, I mean what they did to Mesa almost a decade ago. You don't change the ability, you just add a modding screen so the ability no longer relies on an equipped weapon. I'm not sure why DE has let this slide this long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Nah, I mean what they did to Mesa almost a decade ago. You don't change the ability, you just add a modding screen so the ability no longer relies on an equipped weapon. I'm not sure why DE has let this slide this long.

I know, but there are a lot of people who feel otherwise. Comes up every time changing PSAs is a hot topic. "Replace Whipclaw with an Exalted whip!" 🤢

I'm unsure what to make of these mods generally speaking, except that the Melee one seems perfect for weapons that are focused on forced Slash procs.  My main melee nowadays has been the Azothane, since it's 6x damage heavy Slash procs are great for taking out durable problems like Elite Deep Archimedea Necramechs.  Adding yet another multiplier to the damage formula seems promising. (and I can't be bothered to use Banes, etc)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

I know, but there are a lot of people who feel otherwise. Comes up every time changing PSAs is a hot topic. "Replace Whipclaw with an Exalted whip!" 🤢

Potential Monkey paw change, stat sticks are stupid but Whipclaw is good compared to exalted weapons so people should be nervous about any change.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:
19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't have any Expedite builds, but maybe these new mods will inspire me.

Why not just Killling blow?

13 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:
19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Does it even work? I've tried in simulacrum (paused & unpaused) and simple Mot. 0 effects.

21 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So been less focused on the operation and been trying out some of the new mods in the last few hours , and the elementalist mods are pretty decent.

We might finally have more of a reason to use D polarity. 

It feels like the status equivalent of crit damage (I think they should have a status damage stat now).

Very effective on pure status loadouts ,but I am not sure if they are worth the slot for hybrid or crit focused (even HA) builds.

Then again , I haven't really done a very detailed analysis considering the changes to enemy health , so I may be wrong. 

Would like to get some views if anything specifically stands out or flows well together with these mods.

Except where they are just buff (e.g. reload speed + elemental damage) I find them meh. I'm not sure where I would use them instead of general, all damage & stuff mods.

Like wind up mods that gives you elemental damage. Killing blow exist so you have 120% damage on all attacks.

It honestly depends when alternatives are available. .e.g Killing blow is available on earth vs Uranus.