Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait, how does she use the Jade light, a disintegration beam, to buff, heal and resurrect people??

Posted (edited)

speaking of accuracy, right? lol.

I was playing Jade today and thinking about my last post, but then I went back to google some more lore about the Jade light, it's just a beam that destroys things, it doesn't seem to repair or empower right?

is it more of an energy source? heat can burn but it's also kinetic energy that can be used cauterize wounds. (I welcome the fact police If I mess up the facts, again)

the problem with Borrowing through Warframe's lore, especially that of certain tools, artifacts or energies (like Jade light, Grimoires etc) is that you will never find coherent answers, because these artifacts are never fully explained, yet merely used to progress the story quest it is part of.

but I am still curious how Jade can use that light to heal or buff allies...

I know I should not associate gameplay logic with Lore logic, this could after all be some sort of rule of cool too...but I'm very curious.

Edited by Prof-Dante

Posted (edited)

Remember the void is more or less space magic so it litearly bends reality and we wield it and use it through the warframes.

Also did you change username after dantes release or is it just a happy accident? Since it fitts with your pic.

Edited by Oggyswe
Got curious about ops name choice

14 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

I was playing Jade today and thinking about my last post, but then I went back to google some more lore about the Jade light, it's just a beam that destroys things, it doesn't seem to repair or empower right?

is it more of an energy source? heat can burn but it's also kinetic energy that can be used cauterize wounds. (I welcome the fact police If I mess up the facts, again)

Does she have to use Jade Light for her abilities? As you said, it can be some sort of energy/power source BUT she can just use it for e.g. 4th detonations.

16 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

the problem with Borrowing through Warframe's lore, especially that of certain tools, artifacts or energies (like Jade light, Grimoires etc) is that you will never find coherent answers, because these artifacts are never fully explained, yet merely used to progress the story quest it is part of.

The thing with lore & gameplay is that it's not always fit together. Not sure about Grimoire, but I think Dante were "nerfed" before release. And I don't mean it in wrong way.

Spoiler

In his prex card we can see he is doing "S" - another ability.

In his Leverian story we hear that The Book (or whatever it was) teaches Dante a lot.

What we got? 7 abilities. 1 exalted Grimoire but without exilus slot and other limitations. His 334 (Tragedy) has LoS restriction.

Or have you heard about Limbo, master of the Rift? Hahaha not anymore.

Simple, she's not using the Jade Light to do any of that. The Jade Light existed before the Warframe, and if you go by the rest of the processes shown for creating Warframes, she was created to match a specific theme. We currently don't know that theme, although a good guess is 'biblically inspired angel'. 

We've also seen that the intended design of a Warframe is not always what comes out on the finished product, with frames like Mirage effectively changing the way the powers manifest. So maybe Ballas intended to have an executioner that could use the Jade Light, but what he got was a protector who used the gaze of her eyes to defend her allies and weaken her foes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oggyswe said:

Remember the void is more or less space magic so it litearly bends reality and we wield it and use it through the warframes.

Also did you change username after dantes release or is it just a happy accident? Since it fitts with your pic.

Happy Accident? Nah, it's just actual Dante expressing his thoughts on the forums. He took that selfie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:

speaking of accuracy, right? lol.

but I am still curious how Jade can use that light to heal or buff allies...

I know I should not associate gameplay logic with Lore logic, this could after all be some sort of rule of cool too...but I'm very curious.

My guess is you're looking at void energy in the form and function of the jade light,  and the tenno can use that void energy to hurt and heal. It's no different than Ember getting burned by actually fire but her own "fire" can heal and buff her, or how Saryn can become poisoned by Ancients. The void power exerted from warframes are not the actual elements, but void energy manipulated to fit the framework of the frame itself.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, latetier said:

she steals the life energy from her

Reveal hidden contents

preggo bump

to power herself. isnt that obvious

And that profile picture says it all.

1 hour ago, latetier said:

she steals the life energy from her

Hide contents

preggo bump

to power herself. isnt that obvious

Wheezing

2 hours ago, _4shes said:

Happy Accident? Nah, it's just actual Dante expressing his thoughts on the forums. He took that selfie.

you know, I never realized me obsessing and looking through Warframes lore is such a Dante thing to do lol

literally me fr fr

1 hour ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

My guess is you're looking at void energy in the form and function of the jade light,  and the tenno can use that void energy to hurt and heal. It's no different than Ember getting burned by actually fire but her own "fire" can heal and buff her, or how Saryn can become poisoned by Ancients. The void power exerted from warframes are not the actual elements, but void energy manipulated to fit the framework of the frame itself.

is this like how Luffy thought his fruit gave him rubber powers but it's in reality a toon force, Sun God mumbo jumbo?

Who says Jade Light is only a disintegration beam? There's multiple abilities that have a differing effect on the caster, allies, and enemies. So whatever Void space magic causes these effects to differ depending on the target is presumably a property of Jade Light as well. That or what Jade is using is further modified by her own Void magic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quxier said:

The thing with lore & gameplay is that it's not always fit together. Not sure about Grimoire, but I think Dante were "nerfed" before release. And I don't mean it in wrong way.

Dante's Noctua would make no sense in lore if it actually did what it does in gameplay.

Dante writes stories using Noctua, and Noctua manifests them as spells right?

can't he just say "once upon a time, the tenno destroyed the man in the wall, the end" and then we win?

maybe there is an energy limit, or stamina limit, similar to how some scientific feats in life would be possible if it's not for the absurd energy cost.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:
3 hours ago, quxier said:

Dante's Noctua would make no sense in lore if it actually did what it does in gameplay.

Dante writes stories using Noctua, and Noctua manifests them as spells right?

can't he just say "once upon a time, the tenno destroyed the man in the wall, the end" and then we win?

maybe there is an energy limit, or stamina limit, similar to how some scientific feats in life would be possible if it's not for the absurd energy cost.

Maybe he can destroy the Man but there are always "buts".

Like you mentioned cost. It's one of simplest and reasonable reason. Similar is "insanity cost". We know that void is dangerous. People can become madman. What if Dante just use most tame spells so he don't get too insane?

Then we have to ask ourselves: "What is the Man in the wall"? You could answer such question about other characters. For example we know who is Khela the Tame.

Spoiler

Grineer, arena thing, female

We can even somehow answer about Conceptual embodiment for example

Spoiler

Zariman/Yonta, Duviri people etc

But who is the Man in the wall? Is this some creature from the void? Or maybe void itself? Ergo, you cannot destroy what you don't have idea about.

Other way to look is how changing something make it worse. In time travel it's "butterfly effect" (you change something in the past and your present may be vastly different) that causes things to go wrong. What if destroy anyone, the Man in the wall too. Maybe by doing so he creates something even worse? Maybe Dante would became Wally 2.0?

That kind of things is what I like. Dr. Who give us such things (e.g. Weeping Angels are great.)

I am not sure she is using the jade light specifically for any of the supporting attributes.

Just cause you are a combat medic doesn't mean you use a gun that heals and kills (yes i know team fortress exists) 

That being said , the amount and type of light can be an easy answer if you do want to believe it's all done by the same effect.

Plants need light to grow , but if you focus too much of it they will dry and burn. 

The devil is in the details and the poison is in the dose.

Sometimes its about the context and dosage. Think about it on a more intuitive and simple level first, and then expand the general ideas and principals. 

You can use heat and cold, and even water to kill people. You drink enough water you will die. You can get hyponatremia, have seizures, get brain damage, and just die. You also need water to live and sustain, and there are often other medical benefits to water. Same with heat and cold, and its medical benefits and general influence on human health in a positive, regardless of my earlier statement about being able to harm/injure. Its not really about the medium in a vacuum, but about the context of application. Biological organisms have all sorts of interesting and complex relationships with other materials and chemicals, which depending on the application and context, will either heal, benefit or have positive effect, or poisonous, negative, harmful effects, and or relatively neutral, mild, influence as well. Sometimes its even about the balance as well, or about achieving a certain desired effect. We can engage in a lot of small types of act or behaviour that are technically harmful, to our bodies, but mild enough that we may choose to engage anyway. Like eating certain tasty foods with not much nutritional value, lightly scarring our skin and injecting ink, so we can have tattoos, minor liver damage to decrease inhibitions, dehydrating ourselves to look a certain way, tearing about our muscles on a frequent basis to build them up stronger to look good, etc. 

Another way to think about it, is how Void exposure can have different effects on people. Quite dramatic differences, 

Then you have to question/consider is it just the pure application of the Jade Light concept? Or are there are variables involved, like the Void, and other factors present when discussing and considering Warframes. After all were the Orokin employing Jade Light in the same ways that Jade the Warframe does? As far as I am aware, generally not. I also haven't been paying enough attention to Jade lore to even know if she is manifesting just the Jade Light in her abilities, so specifically or whether its a general associated theme, and other elements like the Void are involved and or whether its her idea of knowing life and death especially well that enables her to potentially use it in a variety of ways, others did or could not. Like when you consider other Warframe abilities, would we conclude that all of them were reproducible and generally available to any and all Orokin usage and familiarity? Or are some of them, more mysterious, enigmatic and more of a speciality developed with and around certain Warframes and or the influence of the Void elements/aspects within the story? The answer may also not be so simple either. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Gee wouldn't it be nice if the quest gave us some more lore on the jade light to explain that instead of giving us almost entirely pointless stalker lore except for one thing, and putting a suspicious amount of focus on pregnancy that the only people who wanted it were fetishists and DE clearly knew that years in advance.

The one non-pointless thing in the stalker lore we got, being that stalker is in fact another sentient warframe... which is infinitely less interesting than a myriad of other options they could have gone with for him. Like a tenno that permanently transferred themself into their frame like Rell did, or an orokin that successfully mind-transfered with a tenno (or the frame itself which should be possible), or something other than a tenno that managed to gain transference, exct, ext... No it's just Umbra again but less well written which just devalues Umbra's whole deal and makes him feel less unique and important. stupid.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Sometimes its about the context and dosage. Think about it on a more intuitive and simple level first, and then expand the general ideas and principals. 

You can use heat and cold, and even water to kill people. You drink enough water you will die. You can get hyponatremia, have seizures, get brain damage, and just die. You also need water to live and sustain, and there are often other medical benefits to water. Same with heat and cold, and its medical benefits and general influence on human health in a positive, regardless of my earlier statement about being able to harm/injure. Its not really about the medium in a vacuum, but about the context of application. Biological organisms have all sorts of interesting and complex relationships with other materials and chemicals, which depending on the application and context, will either heal, benefit or have positive effect, or poisonous, negative, harmful effects, and or relatively neutral, mild, influence as well. Sometimes its even about the balance as well, or about achieving a certain desired effect. We can engage in a lot of small types of act or behaviour that are technically harmful, to our bodies, but mild enough that we may choose to engage anyway. Like eating certain tasty foods with not much nutritional value, lightly scarring our skin and injecting ink, so we can have tattoos, minor liver damage to decrease inhibitions, dehydrating ourselves to look a certain way, tearing about our muscles on a frequent basis to build them up stronger to look good, etc. 

Another way to think about it, is how Void exposure can have different effects on people. Quite dramatic differences, 

Then you have to question/consider is it just the pure application of the Jade Light concept? Or are there are variables involved, like the Void, and other factors present when discussing and considering Warframes. After all were the Orokin employing Jade Light in the same ways that Jade the Warframe does? As far as I am aware, generally not. I also haven't been paying enough attention to Jade lore to even know if she is manifesting just the Jade Light in her abilities, so specifically or whether its a general associated theme, and other elements like the Void are involved and or whether its her idea of knowing life and death especially well that enables her to potentially use it in a variety of ways, others did or could not. Like when you consider other Warframe abilities, would we conclude that all of them were reproducible and generally available to any and all Orokin usage and familiarity? Or are some of them, more mysterious, enigmatic and more of a speciality developed with and around certain Warframes and or the influence of the Void elements/aspects within the story? The answer may also not be so simple either. 

I really like how every post I've made, and really, every post ever you reply with most nuance and detail...really appreciate the effort you put through each comment, I know this compliment might sound Like I need to touch grass, because it's not that big of a deal, but I really appreciate it.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

I really like how every post I've made, and really, every post ever you reply with most nuance and detail...really appreciate the effort you put through each comment, I know this compliment might sound Like I need to touch grass, because it's not that big of a deal, but I really appreciate it.

Thank you. I think you create really interesting and unique threads and pose good questions, around gameplay, lore, and Warframe in general. 

So in my mind, its only fair to think about them, consider them, and try to give an interesting reply. 

Oh and all good, small gestures and communication between people is just a nice part of Forums, so cheers and thanks to you as well. Take care! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

No it's just Umbra again but less well written which just devalus umbra's whole deal and makes him feel less unique and important. stupid.

I have a personal theory that the whole sacrifice quest was originally supposed to be with stalker instead of umbra.

Why change it? Cause they wanted a primed Excalibur without making it Excalibur prime. 

If you check stalkers arsenal in circuit he has the umbra polarities too. And his "actions" seem more plausible as he believes warframes are a creation of ballas and ballas was the primary instigator of the fall.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have a personal theory that the whole sacrifice quest was originally supposed to be with stalker instead of umbra.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It always kinda stuck out to me as off how much of the main quest hinged on umbra despite why he was added which....

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Cause they wanted a primed Excalibur without making it Excalibur prime.

Was not this. Not entirely anyways. Umbra was created to be excaliber prime for the chinese branch of the game. When that got shut down, they added umbra to the international version of the game. Which always felt to me like more of a preservation move.

But yeah it always felt just a little bit too well integrated into the story to me given the circumstances. If it was originally meant to be stalker, that makes a ton more sense.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Was not this. Not entirely anyways. Umbra was created to be excaliber prime for the chinese branch of the game. When that got shut down, they added umbra to the international version of the game. Which always felt to me like more of a preservation move.

I do agree , it may have been more than the reason i gave. Reusing old assets , showcasing a new shiny and maybe some individuals personal preference for the aesthetics of Excalibur umbra over Stalker amongst others.

And now that the original thread of stalker has been frayed off thanks to umbra , they are cooking up some other reason for his existence (which i am not really liking the taste of)

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1