The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes Scamming Gamers: Outrageous Platinum Charges for Name Changes and Time Rushes 😡

NoobTubeNonsense

Digital Extremes out here charging 200 platinum for a name change like they're selling gold-plated usernames! I mean, I get paying for shiny cosmetics and those sweet heirlooms, but 10 bucks just to swap a name? That's a scam wrapped in a platinum bow. And don't even get me started on the rush charges—50 plat to speed up a 3-day item, but somehow 26 plat for a 4-hour job? Who’s crunching these numbers, a guy with a dartboard? Someone needs to step in before gamers start understanding how they are getting scammed and leave the game reducing the customer base of the game itself.

• Like 2

The term you're looking for would be "ripping off" rather than scam.  There's no scam.  You pay the stated price, you get the stated result.  No tricks, no catches, no gotchas.  You may disagree with the price, but they're not doing anything unexpected or underhanded.  $10 also doesn't seem too unreasonable for a name change.  High enough to discourage abuse, low enough that if a player really wants it, they won't be breaking the bank over it.

As for the rush price?  Not having numbers in front of me it could be some logarithmic thing where the prices just tends towards a limit.  It goes up pretty quickly at lower times, but as the times get higher the price increases slower.

• Like 21

Il y a 5 heures, NoobTubeNonsense a dit :

Someone needs to step in before gamers start understanding how they are getting scammed and leave the game reducing the customer base of the game itself.

Riiight. I guess next time you'll create an account in a mmorpg you will be more careful of the name you pick instead of insulting the company for giving you an option to change it later ; for an in game currency which you can grind freely.

• Like 14

I mean technically yeah, the plat prices on nearly everything in the game is overpriced. 

However as has always been the case it's your choice to pay that price, wait for a discount/bundle to aquire cheaper plat, or just get it for "free" via player trade.

Which is a lot more freedom than really any other game in the live service sphere and industry in general. 

• Like 8

The year is 2017, an elite Tenno manages to find a lost baby Tenno in need (me)

He carries the baby Tenno (bare ass Volt) for almost all the whole solar system, lol

Shows him what fissures are and HOW MUCH HE MISSES THE TOWER and KEYS SYSTEM lol

We finish what happened to be like an hour of the fissure after he demolished whatever mobs tried to kill me, I ask what are all these "nuggets" (relics) I got and why the game asked me to use them, and all the golden prime parts since no one matches the others, he told me that I can keep coming back for more prime "trash" so I can sell for platinum the ones I don't need.

THE WHAT? O.O do I can get platinum JUST FOR PLAYING??? *Really miss you pal* (tbh I can't remember his user, lol but this shows how kind we are here in this game)

Btw I don't frequently post in the forums, I think my first post was because a connection problem and I was mad because I was REALLY HOOKED to the game, but today I had to answer this one.

• Like 3

Optional things being optional, and people complaining when they spend on optional things in a game where everything mandatory (aside from slots) is 100% free.

It's almost as if someone employed at DE needs to take care of name change requests... now who woulda thought that?

Next up, someone will run out the door of a bar and yell "We've landed on the Moon!".

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Of course it is outrageous, it is meant for the uninformed, uninitiated and those who do not know how platinum works

Forget decency in prices, once you find them endorsing how to effectively get platinum freely, then it is safe ti say it is not there to rip off anyone.

I just came here to say....This right here is the sum of it. Check warframe.market. Use ... warframe.market. Post your wares on warframe.market. 

Do not Maroos Bazar and for the love of all things sacred...Do not Trade Chat. 

That is all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I just came here to say....This right here is the sum of it. Check warframe.market. Use ... warframe.market. Post your wares on warframe.market. 

Do not Maroos Bazar and for the love of all things sacred...Do not Trade Chat. 

That is all. 

Now that is what I want to see DE endorsing. GJ!

I never agree with charging for name changes. It's such an incredibly stupid thing to charge for imo. People make spelling errors. Or change their mind after making a cringy name. Just let people change it. Microsoft charges the cost of a damn indi game to change your gamertag and it's ridiculous. Just let people change their damn names. It's a fraction of a percent of the data transfer made when you do a single mission. It's just a scumbag move, and you're never told it'll cost you to change it until after you've made your name.

The rush costs are also stupid. But they're not really there for the average player. They're there for impatient whales. The time gate on foundry items is annoying but it's not really that bad to wait them out. Just try to always have stuff crafting in there and you'll hardly notice cus you'll always have something to claim from the foundry. Most people stumble into that sort of mental work-around fairly early on. I'd say standing is worse cus it puts like a month long time gate on the high rep items. And you can't always pay around that. Just have patience with that stuff.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

On 2024-09-12 at 4:32 AM, NoobTubeNonsense said:

Digital Extremes out here charging 200 platinum for a name change like they're selling gold-plated usernames!

To some they are. I would pay 2k, hell, 20k to get my proper handle. Someone from closed beta had it then lost it and now someone who started after has it. I've sat up waiting for games to launch to grab my handle many times. It's nearly an online tradition.

1. Don't spend Plat to rush the foundry.

2. If you are unsure about it, go back to 1.

3. You can have multiple items in production in the foundry. Even keep it as extra storage space as long as you do not claim the finished item

4. Have multiple blueprints in production at all times. Ideally Forma production should never cease, unless you have hundreds of Forma stockpiled.

5. With just a bit of planning ahead you will have multiple items waiting for you at all times and never feel the need to rush something.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xzorn:

To some they are. I would pay 2k, hell, 20k to get my proper handle. Someone from closed beta had it then lost it and now someone who started after has it. I've sat up waiting for games to launch to grab my handle many times. It's nearly an online tradition.

and don't ask for support to help you. I wanted a user name that is on a dead account that hasn't been active since early closed beta.

Wrote a ticket and support asked me to a couple of account details, to confirm my account deletion. WTF.

On 2024-09-12 at 2:48 PM, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

The term you're looking for would be "ripping off" rather than scam.  There's no scam.  You pay the stated price, you get the stated result.  No tricks, no catches, no gotchas.  You may disagree with the price, but they're not doing anything unexpected or underhanded.  $10 also doesn't seem too unreasonable for a name change.  High enough to discourage abuse, low enough that if a player really wants it, they won't be breaking the bank over it.

As for the rush price?  Not having numbers in front of me it could be some logarithmic thing where the prices just tends towards a limit.  It goes up pretty quickly at lower times, but as the times get higher the price increases slower.

The extra strict moderation is enough to discourage abuse. One harmless word in region chat and your 10+ year account with $1000 sunk in is gone to protect other peoples feelings. I don't think swapping names will help. It really should be free and only allowed once every 30 days like other games.

Edited by _Eclips3_

7 hours ago, Wgr617 said:

The year is 2017, an elite Tenno manages to find a lost baby Tenno in need (me)

He carries the baby Tenno (bare ass Volt) for almost all the whole solar system, lol

Shows him what fissures are and HOW MUCH HE MISSES THE TOWER and KEYS SYSTEM lol

We finish what happened to be like an hour of the fissure after he demolished whatever mobs tried to kill me, I ask what are all these "nuggets" (relics) I got and why the game asked me to use them, and all the golden prime parts since no one matches the others, he told me that I can keep coming back for more prime "trash" so I can sell for platinum the ones I don't need.

THE WHAT? O.O do I can get platinum JUST FOR PLAYING??? *Really miss you pal* (tbh I can't remember his user, lol but this shows how kind we are here in this game)

Btw I don't frequently post in the forums, I think my first post was because a connection problem and I was mad because I was REALLY HOOKED to the game, but today I had to answer this one.

I'm very happy you posted this. Honestly, I think people just like to look for a complaint instead of observing the options available.

I remember when I first activated the market and was shocked to see Warframe and weapon parts where available in my inventory to see for plat. I didn't believe it until I had an interested buyer and secured a sale! I then went back to my orbiter, looked for frame slots and, lo and behold, I was able to buy those AMD boosters! All of this from just playing the free game? A week later, I bought a Prime Access pack to show my support for such a crazy good currency system.

• Like 2

hace 12 horas, Prof-Dante dijo:

Oh nooo the completely free game company that allows it's own in-game currency to be traded is trying to make a living somehow, the tragedy, the apostasy!

"Oh the Humanity!" *touches his forehead with the back of his hand while fainting in the most theatrical way*