The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing Paused Until Koumei & The Five Fates

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

image.png

It’s that time again! To focus on our upcoming Fall Update, Koumei & The Five Fates, we’ll be pausing Hotfixes as we put our heads down to work on it.

One important note: during this downtime, the iOS team will continue to Hotfix to tackle performance improvements exclusive to the Mobile platform!

However, we have some Code Fixes coming with Koumei & The Five Fates! For a closer understanding of what “Code” means, our Lexicon for Update Notes will tell you more! For now, some of the resolved issues are:

• Kitguns with Semi-Auto trigger types couldn’t equip Cannonade Mods
  • Atlas' Petrify and Dagath's Wyrd Scythes slow down Thrax's transformation
  • Omni fissures wouldn’t progress the Nightwave “Antiquarian” challenge.
  • Reticle is displaced from the center of the screen after player pilots a Railjack
  • Meleeing while in Archwing in Open Landscapes and/or transitioning back and forth between Landscapes and Hubs can cause Melee animations to no longer play
  • Voruna can Melee Attack during Ulfrun's Descent
  • Garuda would require two Heavy Attack inputs to detonate a Glaive while dual-wielding with a Secondary

The team will still be active during this time elsewhere - check out what we’ve got coming up: 

Devstream 181 is coming at you live from the Tokyo Game Show on Friday, September 27 at 10 p.m. ET (or Saturday, September 28 at 11 a.m. JST for those in Japan). We’ll be talking about everything Koumei, including:

• Koumei & The Five Fates release date
  • Who is Koumei? What’s in her kit?
  • Caliban Rework
  • Companions 2.0 Part 2 changes
  • ...and much more!

As always, this doesn’t mean our communications and day-to-day operations end! Whether it’s collecting feedback, reading bug reports, or anything else, we’ll still have it covered. Of course, we’ll still be bright at a few spots, and there is still much to engage with in Warframe:

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we prepare for Koumei & The Five Fates! 

• Like 11

Really?..

I hope DE realizes that 16 days (2-3 weeks) of absolutely nothing at all in WF, on top of this you have already pulled this stunt before, with the Lotus Eaters, only for that update to be nothing more then a PA update and a walking sim as a Quest.

We're expected to watch the Devstream and hope that the update either lands during the stream or a day later, otherwise this means that the update will be even longer away from coming out, on top of the 2-3 weeks long, therefor adding 1 or 2 more weeks to the wait, that results in 4-5 weeks without a update, any patches or hotfixs to fix things. Don't get me wrong, we're happy to wait, but this is getting old.

Ya'll better prey that this update will be worth it, cuz the wait to 1999 is gonna be a hype killer, please don't turn out like bungie, cuz your hitting the nail pretty hard here. But all in all..

Why do you do this?...

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 21

Make it a milestone reward, after playing the game for 10 years, to get excalibur prime! It was given for supporting the game through a purchase, I'd argue playing the game for 10 years is more support. Sucks that as I kid I didn't know of that limited time offer and now can never truly complete the warframe collection. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I didn't even realize this was a bug, no wonder it felt so strange. Gonna feel so much better once that's patched 😆

I've personally enjoyed making use of that bug, it means that when you need to crate bust you don't have to drop Ulfrun's Descent to do so, therefore you don't have to lose your 10x multiplyer. It feels a bit weird since it generally starts a bit after activating the ability, but I feel that if instead of removing the ability to use your melee weapon, they made it so Ulfrun's Descent used your lmb while your melee weapon still used your e (or whatever melee button you have assigned) to allow for continued crate busting. Alternatively swap it to where you can still use a primary weapon, similar to Excal and those using exalted weapons.

• Like 1

This is the third time in less than 2 months, and while I understand why this happens and it's important for the good health of the game and crossplay necessities, I'll have to note that next year there should be some better planned timing if possible, because unless the update drops on the week of October 1st it's going to be a rough waiting period.

Edited by NightmareT12
Added commas. I don't want to suffocate anyone TT_TT
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Gryphling said:

I've personally enjoyed making use of that bug, it means that when you need to crate bust you don't have to drop Ulfrun's Descent to do so, therefore you don't have to lose your 10x multiplyer. It feels a bit weird since it generally starts a bit after activating the ability, but I feel that if instead of removing the ability to use your melee weapon, they made it so Ulfrun's Descent used your lmb while your melee weapon still used your e (or whatever melee button you have assigned) to allow for continued crate busting. Alternatively swap it to where you can still use a primary weapon, similar to Excal and those using exalted weapons.

So how to do this Voruna's bug? Sounds interesting. Is it doing anything like using arcanes?

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

So how to do this Voruna's bug? Sounds interesting. Is it doing anything like using arcanes?

I haven't been able to identify what specifically does it, but when using the augment for her 4 you can eventually hit a point where when you try and attack an enemy with e it uses your melee weapon despite your ability being what's supposed to be used. At that point you use lmb to attack of the ability, while using e attacks with your melee weapon. I've gone through like 30+ minute missions with the bug active for like 90% of it. I personally enjoy when it occurs.

Future content is good and all, but it's REALLY frustrating to see more and more bugs keep piling and less and less updates trying to fix them. Let's not talk about the oldest ones that keep plaguing the game for years now, even bugs which appeared with the last update are not even acknowledged, leaving no hope to see them fixed anytime soon. Hell, even your latest Prime warframe Sevagoth (which you are selling for real cash btw) is a buggy mess both mechanically and graphically, some heavily hampering gameplay (for example Shadow having the wrong armor value or several Companions mods and precepts not working with him. Full list in this topic) but you don't seem to care at all.

All these problems keep chipping away players patience and with it, their excitement for what to come. Because how can we be really hyped knowing the path ahead is littered of angst and frustration?

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 12

2 часа назад, Circle_of_Psi сказал:

Really?..

I hope DE realizes that 16 days (2-3 weeks) of absolutely nothing at all in WF, on top of this you have already pulled this stunt before, with the Lotus Eaters, only for that update to be nothing more then a PA update and a walking sim as a Quest.

We're expected to watch the Devstream and hope that the update either lands during the stream or a day later, otherwise this means that the update will be even longer away from coming out, on top of the 2-3 weeks long, therefor adding 1 or 2 more weeks to the wait, that results in 4-5 weeks without a update, any patches or hotfixs to fix things. Don't get me wrong, we're happy to wait, but this is getting old.

Ya'll better prey that this update will be worth it, cuz the wait to 1999 is gonna be a hype killer, please don't turn out like bungie, cuz your hitting the nail pretty hard here. But all in all..

Why do you do this?...

DE stretching themselves thin with all that cross platform and mobile stuff

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Danny99s said:

AUTOMELE TOGGLE 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !!!

4 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

But I still have to ask if this will EVER be addressed?:

Oh, I'm not the only one asking for these kinds of things.

But yes, these two respective Accessibility changes would be nice.
Better yet, should've been a thing to begin with.

But hey DE. Bets from most players are that Koumei is just gonna do more of the Lotus Eater schtick.
Maybe the Warframe won't be power-creeping the game into the stratosphere. AGAIN.
Is it that hard to playtest your game?

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

only for that update to be nothing more then a PA update and a walking sim as a Quest.

Honestly, that entire "quest" could've just been an Email sending you the glorified MacGuffin decoration.
Didn't even need to be an "update", but I figure they have to send something out there to give the illusion that they're doing something.
... well, illusion to anybody that isn't keeping 3% of an eye on this game that is.

4 hours ago, Yulfan said:

Because how can we be really hyped knowing the path ahead is littered of angst and frustration?

Same way they always do it.
Pander to the casuals who don't care. "Monkey see big number and scream with dopamine injections."
It's why the game is in such a scattered and unfocused mess.

It's why every update I see for this game- no matter how small- is met with a comically large teaspoon of skepticism.
Sure, new content... but at what cost? How much balance has to be broken? How much time do we have to spend being bored with flimsy targets?
Don't even get me started on how some of their own team INCLUDING THE LEAD DIRECTOR can't live without Revenant's Mesmer Skin carrying them.

Even if the update looks 100% great and zero flaws could be seen?
It's likely because they omitted the part that's the mega-dealbreaker.
Often one of which they could have easily avoided, as per DE antics. Looking at you, Corrupted Jackal.

That's just how games work these days.
The only reason some of us are still here is because it's one of the few games that hasn't lost ALL of it's charm.
If the other games I've been playing for multiplayer purposes haven't died off to short-sighted investors, I'd be playing those instead.
... but how long is Warframe gonna keep that charm? Better question, how much is it going to fly into the proverbial sun with wax wings?

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Gryphling said:

Alternatively swap it to where you can still use a primary weapon, similar to Excal and those using exalted weapons.

I would much rather than since it messes with me having 2 melees.

Though if not I'd still take the exalted part for funny melee mods on the funny melee dog

Does this mean I'm going to have re-write up my bug report later when the update deploys and you'll have the new bug sub-forum section for the 'Koumei & The Five Fates' update?

The only reason I'm asking is because I only got a chance to file the bug report recently (late for this current update), so I'm not sure when it will get included in the "known issues" list to fix later. My bug report:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

on top of this you have already pulled this stunt before, with the Lotus Eaters, only for that update to be nothing more then a PA update and a walking sim as a Quest.

Lemme let you in on a secret: it had jack-all to do with anything actually in the Lotus Eaters prologue, and more to do with crossplay certification.

DE isn't just allowed to push out updates on console whenever they want, not like they used to do on PC. They have to get clearance from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, possibly also Apple. And if they're going to go through THAT crap every time they want to do something more complicated than a 1-day fix, then they're just going to bite the bullet and do month-longue droughts

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

Does this mean I'm going to have re-write up my bug report later when the update deploys and you'll have the new bug sub-forum section for the 'Koumei & The Five Fates' update?

At this point I would avoid writing ANYTHING in subforum. Jade's subforum is not available.

• Like 2

Please fix Epitaph. Considering the primed version is still a new addition, this should get more attention. Maybe most players only use primary fire? 🫣

And my desperate plea for fix on this ancient bug. Come on. It's displayed ON THE MOD. Bring it back please.

• Like 1

I could have sworn we just got out of a hotfix pause a little while ago.

I honestly don't have an issue with it. But I am slightly concerned on the frequency , I am not sure the last pause was justified  for the content that was released after it , 

Once again , I am absolutely ok for DE to take pauses to ensure the quality of the release , but if the quality of the release is crap maybe DE should re evaluate this.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

more to do with crossplay certification.

DE isn't just allowed to push out updates on console whenever they want, not like they used to do on PC. They have to get clearance from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, possibly also Apple. And if they're going to go through THAT crap every time they want to do something more complicated than a 1-day fix, then they're just going to bite the bullet and do month-longue droughts

13 hours ago, SilentMashiko said:

DE stretching themselves thin with all that cross platform and mobile stuff

Yeah, I kinda regreat Corss-Platform at this point.

All it does is cuase more issues.

10 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Honestly, that entire "quest" could've just been an Email sending you the glorified MacGuffin decoration.
Didn't even need to be an "update", but I figure they have to send something out there to give the illusion that they're doing something.
... well, illusion to anybody that isn't keeping 3% of an eye on this game that is.

Fully agree!

• Like 5