Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anndddd it's already October.

[DE]Steve

27 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

Vacuum is going to be passively built into every Sentinel, no Mods required. It will have a range of 5 meters

Cool.  5m is fine.  You can still clear a room with little effort; it just won't reach into the *next* room.  And it's a small price to pay to get access to other sentinels' abilities without losing vacuum.  My Prisma Shade might actually see some use now.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

On PC, you can look forward to War Within more than a month away.  

It was obviously teased waaay too early.  But even if we never got any specifics, we'd still be moaning about where the next cinematic quest is.  It seems like there are still creative and technical things being worked out, which is just the way things are.

Overall I'm satisfied with the amount of updates and content we've gotten over the summer.  TWW is just making everyone lose their minds.

I think the most important lesson that DE needs to take away from this is to stop the damned feature creep. It is killing the game, quite literally at this point. They need to stop making new things after The War Within for a bit, and just focus on balancing/updating the core of the game that is already there, and throwing in an occasional tactical alert, maybe an easy to make weapon here and there (nothing that takes months of effort like the Mios, Dark/Split Sword, not worth the dev time for one weapon). Making an occasional new weapon frame is okay, constantly adding new game segments like Lunaro is killing everything. 

Seriously... how long was TWW delayed because of Lunaro? How many people would seriously care if Lunaro was gone tomorrow? How many people seriously cared that much about it even when it arrived, aside from the fact that it relieved their boredom very slightly while they waited for TWW that DE should have actually been focusing on? 

It has gotten out of hand... they already have too much on their plates and they keep throwing on more. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I'm a very patient guy, but 'another month or so' on top of the wait we've had already?  I'm just, astounded to be frank. Astounded and completely disappointed.

My advice to you all at DE, is to never release a major update like U19 in 'parts' ever again. This update cycle has been mostly lackluster, and I haven't forgot what happened with Specters of the Rail.  It was released before it was ready, and you guys knew that. You spent a good month and a half fixing the bugs that you should've squished while developing it.

Personally, I understand you are all under a lot of pressure, and I know you guys are prone to mistakes.  Again, take your time with the War Within, I can be patient since I am no longer hyped for this content that has been teased for almost half a year now.

Just don't let another mistake like this happen again. I'd rather you guys develop it in secret, instead of teasing it for months on end, with consecutive disappointments lining up afterwards, when you inevitably don't hit those marks you set for it.

It's not the "parts" that are the issue. It's the fact that DE clearly can't push out big cinematic quests in a timely manner. It's just too much for them to handle, and frankly it's really not worth it.

Sorry @[DE]Steve But I'm quiting for a bit, I've only been coming on for my daily tributes and to do the Long Shadow Alert (Good pun by the way) I was going to get ducats for Baro as I missed him last time but I can't be bothered now. Unless there's another essential mod/item that is released, even then I'll probably skip it. The last 4 times I've seen a post from a DE staff member I chuckled to myself, including this time. See you all in a while, hope you don't get burnt out, both players and employees. 

Hype train disengaged

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I think the most important lesson that DE needs to take away from this is to stop the damned feature creep. It is killing the game, quite literally at this point. They need to stop making new things after The War Within for a bit, and just focus on balancing/updating the core of the game that is already there, and throwing in an occasional tactical alert, maybe an easy to make weapon here and there (nothing that takes months of effort like the Mios, Dark/Split Sword, not worth the dev time for one weapon). 

It has gotten out of hand... they already have too much on their plates and they keep throwing on more. 

I can't speak for DE, but they have mentioned in the past that they "make it up as they go." It's what happens when you don't have a proper development plan. I think that's DE's problem. It just seems like they don't have a set plan that they stick to. They make it up as they go, and then whatever they're working on gets bigger and more ambitious as they work on it. They need to establish a set plan for their game, and for the features that they want their game to offer, and then they need to actually work on and complete that. They need to actually complete their game and move it out of "beta" (really, it's an alpha). Once they've done that, then they should start adding more features again.

11 minutes ago, brytur said:

NOOOOO! Half of what it is now? Bugger!

Really... that gif image doesn't look much different to what it is in the game now.  It better not be half though as that would be ANOTHER nerf, pretty much every update I've had since I've been playing has had some sort of nerf involved.

I wonder which new mod the carrier will get, will it get additional ammo or will it get mutation that they were discussing... I'm betting the former as mutation will be too useful...

While I understand doing levels etc isn't quick and easy this is starting to get very much like an old game I played where they had a saying 'stay tuned' whenever new topic was talked about/requested... it turned into a running joke due to the lack of content being added, 1.5 years later the game shut down....it's starting feel that TWW is that same joke which I really hope it is not.

Oh and 'another' corpus event (darvo was technically corpus) .... an event full of spamming sappers and nullifiers incoming then.

Edited by LSG501

What you guys gona do if the War Within update is no moar than 2 gigs? 
with this much waiting and "we decided to add this, and this, oh this too, and this one" i expect this update to be around 15gigs or something like that 

1 minute ago, AntoineFlemming said:

It's not the "parts" that are the issue. It's the fact that DE clearly can't push out big cinematic quests in a timely manner. It's just too much for them to handle, and frankly it's really not worth it.

If from earlier this summer they said it would be released in November or December, nobody would have an issue. They would just go play other games gladly while DE developed it.

The problem lies in the fact that they continuously teased and teased that it would be out in July at TennoCon, August after July ended, a month or so in September.
That's the real problem, not the lack of content. The way that they are informing us of future content, this is definitely not the way it should be done.

38 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

We've had a summer of content and fixes go out, but the hype for big older brother (which we've hyped a lot) War Within just makes everything we've done feel… just less. Really I'm here to lay out October for you so you can get just excited about what's coming soon on PC.

"soon on PC"

We're starting to hit Blacklight: Retribution levels of SOON here.  When Zombie Studios (Hardsuit Labs now, since Zombie shut down) finally dropped the Parity Patch, it almost completely killed the game, because of how long they took and what the final product was (a buggy mess that broke the recoil system).

At this point, I'd almost say it'd be better to release the update now, bugs and all, or actually stick to your estimated time of release this go around, considering this is, what, the third or fourth time it's been delayed.  Which is pretty generous, since you've said that it is now "more than a month away", which can be any amount of time if you wanted it to be.  These delays will only make people think that you're going to release a polished update with, at the very least, minimal bugs that will blow the socks off of everyone that plays the new quest.

There is such a thing as "overhyping" something.

Spoiler

And fix the Codex already.  Lanx is still in the Objects section when it should be in Wildlife, the Sculpture and Apothic entries are still borked, and the Camera progression bug is STILL present.  Bless up and good luck.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

My team has been stupidly patient as we look back at Second Dream and scream 'we need to repeat that'.

Repeat what ? Creating yet another uncomplete feature (focus) ? Or make another quest that grant 1-2 hours of gameplay while the community is dying for an endgame ?

There is a spanish proverb (saying?) that goes: "Visteme despacio, que tengo prisa" (Cloth me slowly, that I'm in a hurry). So what I'm saying is don't rush the update if it's not ready yet.
 Many thanks for the information Steve. I'm excited to watch the next devstream. Until then, keep the good work ;)

1 minute ago, The_Nightmare237 said:

So, can we expect a mod for ALL Companions like vacuum? dogs and cats are left behind now which u have a reason but isn't clear it u can say something with this topic, i will appreciate

He said "passively", it won't be a mod but a passive feature.

Honestly I don't even understand why we don't have this as passive for ALL FRAMES

Well, my only gripe is that vacuum isn't a warframe passive... I guess my little doggo is just gonna have to wait a little longer. But hey, at least I can start using other sentinels finally, so that's a big improvement. 

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think the most important lesson that DE needs to take away from this is to stop the damned feature creep. It is killing the game, quite literally at this point. They need to stop making new things after The War Within for a bit, and just focus on balancing/updating the core of the game that is already there, and throwing in an occasional tactical alert, maybe an easy to make weapon here and there (nothing that takes months of effort like the Mios, Dark/Split Sword, not worth the dev time for one weapon). Making an occasional new weapon frame is okay, constantly adding new game segments like Lunaro is killing everything. 

Seriously... how long was TWW delayed because of Lunaro? How many people would seriously care if Lunaro was gone tomorrow? How many people seriously cared that much about it even when it arrived, aside from the fact that it relieved their boredom very slightly while they waited for TWW that DE should have actually been focusing on? 

While I agree on Lunaro I can't agree on "stop developing new content" part. New content is what keeps this game afloat

1 minute ago, ArcusVeles said:

Please give Warframes an innate 5m Vacuum, companions an innate 5m Vacuum, and a Warframe with a sentinel 10m innate Vacuum.

A simple 5m Vacuum on Warframes would solve all of these problems.

Wouldn't need to worry about companions or add any extra code, and you could be free to use any companion at all, or no companion.