Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toggling

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno,

After our announcement on February 8 (if you’re not in the know, you can read it here), a lot has happened in-office that we haven’t been able to announce until now. Our coders pulled off a miracle and managed to move proverbial mountains: they made a toggle, and it’s coming this week with TennoGen Round 7 on PC. 

Hearing your guys’ feedback, team members from various departments came out of the woodwork to make this happen - including some familiar faces, like [DE]Steve. They have been hard at work these past few days, figuring out a way for all of us to have our cake and eat it too. With a few genius ideas, and a few Grineer sacrifices, here we are. 

The amount of hands and help that has gone into this project is astounding, all done to ensure that you guys will be able to turn on and off your Prime pieces.

Thank you to everyone who posted or PMed me suggestions on how to accomplish this feat. Your positive approach to this situation was amazing to see. We truly are all in this together.

Here’s a look at what’s to come this week for TennoGen:

• Round 7 Simultaneous Release on all Platforms - OUT NOW!
  • Prime Detail toggle on PC - OUT NOW!
  • Nidus, Equinox, and Titania’s models
  • Addition of missing textures (with missing model meshes to come!) 

Have a Happy Valentine’s Day and a great week! :community:

Best,
[DE]Taylor

====

The update has gone live, meaning Round 7 is available on all Platforms! That means the Toggle is also in-game for PC players. 

Thanks again to our creators for their amazing work. <3

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added edit

This is pretty unexpected. While I was fine with the change, it's really nice you guys were able to code a toggle for the people that like Prime parts. Really well-done, DE!

Also looking forward to any potential Equinox skins; Equinox, Chroma, and Nidus all are tricky to re-skin, so this will be interesting. I so want an Equinox skin though!

10 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Taylor, just one question: Did you guys leave all meshes intact? It just retreives the normal mesh?

If I understand your question correctly: yes, the toggle adds the original Prime mesh pieces onto the Warframe mesh.

3 minutes ago, DrDinosFatCocc said:

Will there be any Nezha content? Ever?

That's up to the creators on whether or not they want to make some! (once we add his loincloth with the other missing meshes)

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added detail

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

If I understand your question correctly: yes, the toggle adds the original Prime mesh pieces onto the Warframe mesh.

That's up to the creators on whether or not they want to make some! 

What I meant was: There's 2 meshes: One is Prime mesh, one is non Prime. Like, it's all glued and rigged together.

What you did is the equivalent of the armor pieces back in 2014, in which they were separated? Did you actually have the art team edit the meshes at all? Or is it all in the coding of the engine?

EDIT: Actually, wait, I'm going to ask in a PM so I can be more detailed.

Edited by NightmareT12

5 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Yeah I read your post but I still don't understand what that means exactly. 

Are you talking about being able to toggle everything attached to our frames? Or is this only about prime frames? Or what?

AH. 

So current TennoGen skins are not optimized for Prime Warframes - the creators aren't given them for reference and the difference in the mesh with the Prime pieces (especially for newer Primes) can interfere greatly with a skin's design. This toggle will allow players to 'turn off' the Prime Model if they so desire. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

Nice i was wondering if that was going to happen

Image result for samurai jack aku gif

Now i just have to wait the longest hours of my life to buy some skins, trade chat here i come....

Image result for samurai jack aku gif

Excited for the Samurai Jack revival, are we? 

Jokes aside, please know that the toggle didn't make it into the console build for this week's update. Currently, all of the Prime models are replaced with the Normal models, but that will be changed in a future update!

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

AH. 

So current TennoGen skins are not optimized for Prime Warframes - the creators aren't given them for reference and the difference in the mesh with the Prime pieces (especially for newer Primes) can interfere greatly with a skin's design. This toggle will allow players to 'turn off' the Prime Model if they so desire. 

Yay that's a great change and thanks for explaining!