Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toggling

[DE]Taylor

Absolutely awesome news. Thanks to everyone who worked to make this happen. It's always better to give everyone the option to choose how they want to use these skins. 
Glad to see a toggle is going to be added and I cannot wait to get the Incubus Loki Skin + Helmet.

Again, thanks a lot for listening and working towards the best possible solution.

40 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Excited for the Samurai Jack revival, are we? 

Jokes aside, please know that the toggle didn't make it into the console build for this week's update. Currently, all of the Prime models are replaced with the Normal models, but that will be changed in a future update!

yep i know. It is to be expected after all, better late than never to be honest 

Okay so after looking through Valkyr and Saryn I guess it's impossible to simply edit the mesh parts like they were the armor pieces due the ridicolous amounts of modifications they have (like, Saryn literally LOSES mesh parts on her Prime while gaining others). Nekros is another example of this.

So what I guess the game does is simply call for the regular mesh once it's toggled.

I liked my suggestion better. Basically thge same, but was a better UI presentation and you could totally fake yourself as a regular frame :P

Edited by NightmareT12

32 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Okay so after looking through Valkyr and Saryn I guess it's impossible to simply edit the mesh parts like they were the armor pieces due the ridicolous amounts of modifications they have (like, Saryn literally LOSES mesh parts on her Prime while gaining others). Nekros is another example of this.

So what I guess the game does is simply call for the regular mesh once it's toggled.

I liked my suggestion better. Was a better UI presentation and you could totally fake yourself as a regular frame :P

I am actually still unclear about that.

If the primeparts are on a different "layer" and are strictly speaking added models, then it depends on how much the body is modified.

If this is a toggle between regular vanilla body and prime body that is still better than just making primes into vanilla by default. 

I guess we know soon eh?

Just now, arch111 said:

I am actually still unclear about that.

If the primeparts are on a different "layer" and are strictly speaking added models, then it depends on how much the body is modified.

If this is a toggle between regular vanilla body and prime body that is still better than just making primes into vanilla by default. 

I guess we know soon eh?

Actually the Primes are modified models, so...

To make it clearer: Compare in game Saryn to Saryn Prime. Check her right leg. You'll see what I mean.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:
  • Prime Detail toggle on PC

Is this only for Warframe Primes or will the toggle apply to weapons as well? Because the Burston Prime has a different reload animation than the Burston regular and when I use the Solstice Burston skin on the Prime the model gets messed up. Reloading is done through the stock and the clip goes missing and never gets replaced.

Edited by LordPreda

14 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Actually the Primes are modified models, so...

To make it clearer: Compare in game Saryn to Saryn Prime. Check her right leg. You'll see what I mean.

Isn't Saryn at the epicenter of this? Her model is so different from the base that it can't handle the texture, they have to share the same texture but have different UV-sets.

The leg especially seems to not have a corresponding place in the texture at all, so those UVs are elsewhere. That seems to indicate a new uvmap could solve that to allow the texture to cover those areas.

Would mean work for someone.

11 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Isn't Saryn at the epicenter of this? Her model is so different from the base that it can't handle the texture, they have to share the same texture but have different UV-sets.

The leg especially seems to not have a corresponding place in the texture at all, so those UVs are elsewhere. That seems to indicate a new uvmap could solve that to allow the texture to cover those areas.

Would mean work for someone.

Nekros is another example, Prime has the Mortos attachments as part of the wings, normal are integrated on normal mesh shoulders.

It wouldn't be viable to do that Too many Warframes now, and then there's future ones. Hence what I said: Per frame toggle set up calling for the other model.

Edited by NightmareT12