Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia's Anthem Quest Megathread 

[DE]Danielle

SPOILER WARNING: If you have not played the Octavia's Anthem quest, the discussions below may spoil the quests events. You have been warned. Those of you who have played the quest, please keep your discussions contained to this thread out of respect for those who may not have had the chance to start it, or add a tag to your threads. Thank you!lpHqpcB.jpg

Do you hear the music, Tenno? Faint memories of the Mandachord orchestra linger, and Suda wishes you follow it. Do as the Cephalon requests and be rewarded knowledge of an instrument from another time, the Mandachord. But, take caution... following her instructions may lead you down a twisted path...  

Visit the Cephalon Suda Enclave in the Relay, and speak to Suda to start the quest. You must have the Second Dream quest completed to do so. 

Octavia’s Anthem is a replayable quest! If you would like to experience it again, visit your Codex and select “Replay Quest”. 

Use this thread to discuss the Octavia's Anthem quest and provide productive feedback if inclined. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/776647-update-20-bug-report-megathread/

Thank you! We hope you enjoy the Update :)

Well, as I feared using Metronome effectively is all but impossible. Who came up with making the beat indicator on the ground?! Nobody can see that thing because 90% of fights is aiming, and you cannot really hear the beat even with music turned to max an all other sounds at 5% either. Can we please get the option to have a beat indicator around the aiming reticle? or somewhere else it is easily visible? :/

Sentients were a bad choice for a lore-heavy quest like this... I only caught like 1/3 to 1/2 of the dialogue because the other half was spent panic spamming my most OP moves and weapons in an attempt not to get one-shotted through my shields, armor, and health all at once from across the room.  At the very least there shouldn't have been dialogue during combat scenarios.

Hmm,

Spoiler

I have gotten stuck on the platformer section, turned notes blue, got rid of red ones and...?

I dunno?

YFSOKcp.jpg

Update: I guess that the hotfixing broke something in the dialogue progression on my first try?

At any rate, after having to Alt+F4, after aborting and getting hung up on a loading screen; I started the Launcher backup, got 20.0.2 in, and tried a second time.

The dialogue progressed to the next phases, and I was able to complete these platformer sequences on the second try and completed the quest.

Now to put on my farmer overalls for the rest of Octavia.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
Update

Redtext was too accurate.

(SPOILERS)

Spoiler

5affd5.jpg

And since I couldn't control when it kicked me out of the quest, I think it bugged out, because it kicked me to the relay in front of Suda and gave me a "Please Wait" message that never went away till I finally force quit the game.  On a possibly related note, I tried to go back to the relay to see if it would trigger whatever was supposed to happen, Suda said nothing, opened standing menu as normal, and I couldn't leave the relay.  If I hit the button the game would freeze up for a bit, then play a loading screen and put me back at the start of the relay.  Again had to force quit to get out.

Edited by InsanityKey

I really liked this quest, but the last mission in particular was more frustrating than actually fun. In fact it was incredibly aggravating. 

There are so many knockdowns/knockbacks, and with the sentients everywhere, I found myself getting knocked off the platforms a lot. My suggestion would be to make you respawn when you fall at a tile near where you fell, instead of going back to the default starting position every time. 

If I am getting close to the other side from the starting position, then when I fall, I go back to the very beginning. And you can't exactly aim glide across the entire expanse. This can make things very frustrating and unnecessarily punishing for one mistake. So my suggestion would simply be to have you respawn close to where you fell when you fall. 

Apart from that the quest was really enjoyable. The new lore was great, the missions were really cool and felt unique. I really felt like I was delving into a story. 

In fact, even the last mission really had some neat story in it, but I was too frustrated by constantly getting knocked down and sent back to the beginning that I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. 

Still was great work though and I am looking forward to playing Octavia! 

44 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I really liked this quest, but the last mission in particular was more frustrating than actually fun. In fact it was incredibly aggravating. 

There are so many knockdowns/knockbacks, and with the sentients everywhere, I found myself getting knocked off the platforms a lot. My suggestion would be to make you respawn when you fall at a tile near where you fell, instead of going back to the default starting position every time. 

All of this. Everything would've been 100x improved if there were a floor underneath the platforms. DE, you seriously need to learn the difference between challenge and annoyance. The whole last part is 99% of the latter, which is the whole reason as to why i won't be finishing the quest. This is your doing DE, you are being increasingly more infuriating with unfinished mechanics, unthought-out level design and complete disregard of any opinion other than your own lately. I don't approve one bit. Yes, i'm salty.

Spoilers!

Spoiler

Loved the whole thing! The platforming section was a nice addition! :)

My only complaint is that the story gave you the Octavia's Anthem thing and then... Quest happens, and when it ends Suda barely talks about why it's so important, then casually gives you (not as casually as Nidus) Octavia's Blueprint.

An area I hope you guys can improve a bit on. Just like the Grineer Queens not having names.

1 hour ago, MrMackAttack said:

i thought it was funny when simaris said this, so i screenshot it, then after finishing the quest i couldn't resist

1zqrnko.jpg

Lol, glad I'm not the only one who thought of Tsundere Simaris.

For the most part, I enjoyed the deadly combination of hop scotch and jump rope in the last mission. But I can understand why some would find it frustrating. The red spots tend to blend in with the background, making them difficult to spot. Also, I'd prefer if the stun effect of the laser wasn't as strong, but it did more damage to compensate. Not enough to one hit kill, but enough to be a genuine threat rather than an annoyance.

Also:

Spoiler

Just the thought of permanently losing one of the 6 syndicate leaders was enough to make this the most emotionally invested I've been in one of these quest, and I'm not even a part of Cephalon Suda. Can't wait to see what Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis (and possibly Steel Meridian?) have up their sleeves.

So the quest... it was fine.

What's not fine is how RNGesus needs to bless you in order to get any of the parts for it though.

Seriously, several runs, haven't seen the organ memory puzzle and all the caches I've seen are full of garbage.

Please tell me all 3 parts can drop in ODS, because if I have to keep hunting caches and looking for that unfun memory puzzle... I've got a nice wall to go apply to my forehead.

tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

29 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Lol, glad I'm not the only one who thought of Tsundere Simaris.

For the most part, I enjoyed the deadly combination of hop scotch and jump rope in the last mission. But I can understand why some would find it frustrating. The red spots tend to blend in with the background, making them difficult to spot. Also, I'd prefer if the stun effect of the laser wasn't as strong, but it did more damage to compensate. Not enough to one hit kill, but enough to be a genuine threat rather than an annoyance.

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

Just the thought of permanently losing one of the 6 syndicate leaders was enough to make this the most emotionally invested I've been in one of these quest, and I'm not even a part of Cephalon Suda. Can't wait to see what Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis (and possibly Steel Meridian?) have up their sleeves.

I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy the concept at all, but the excessive amount of ways you could get knocked back, knocked down to the abyss, and forced back to the default start position made it hard to enjoy an otherwise interesting puzzle level. 

I don't even mind necessarily being knocked down, or knocked off, but being forced back to the very beginning, when you may have almost made it all the way around the circle, is nothing but frustrating. 

Still an overall cool mission, but my only suggestion is that they tone that down a bit by making you respawn near wherever you fell. 

Edit: I will also add that I am probably one of the less frustrated Tenno. I beat the mission in one try, despite raging and yelling at my computer a bit. I didn't need to go at it again and frustrate myself more. 

Edited by Tesseract7777