Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why force people to play in Fortress just for a new Stance?

Multicom-EN-

36 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Oh yeah...Nobody plays Fortress, so let's release a new Stance for the awesome Machete to force them to go there!

I assume the drop chance is super low too. Could be wrong though.

A long as hell tile set with alot of nooks and crannies? I will pass

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think you are misreading my post. I am saying that if they put kuva in caches, far too many people would not do siphon missions. DE put a lot of time into siphon missions, which are there own unique thing. If you could get kuva fast enough in fortress, far too many people would stop playing the siphon missions. That's why the don't want that, and that's why they haven't put kuva in the kuva fortress yet, I think. 

I think that this makes sense thematically, I think they are simply trying to avoid a situation where people largely abandon kuva siphon missions. Imagine if there were a single node that could reliably farm kuva with a mission like defense instead? A lot of people would just farm that one node nonstop and use it for xp while they are at it -- new loot cave, people are on Kuva fortress, but they aren't exploring it, just sitting in one defense node. 

The issue I see is a lot of suggestions besides Kuva are unfortunately just asking for other resources to be shifted there, which means DE has to find something new for those spots. Shifting things has consequences. I think they need some kind of entirely new resource or something to put there, maybe next time they come up with a totally new resource. Right now they are just throwing new things there, and don't really know what they want to do with it yet. I definitely feel like the spy missions have potential, and should have some kind of more interesting rewards, even if they aren't kuva. Perhaps rare archwing mods? I dunno... 

Well, they obviously didn't work enough on the siphon missions if many people dread them. They are still so damn buggy. Also, what happened to the freedom we have with many other resources? Just straight up gone and I hate that. Give me more ways to get the damn kuva xD. Forcing us to get it one way with their horrible current system is just unfair.

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

BTW that's been fixed just today. Sortie Defense target will no longer take damage from fortress traps. 

I just wish Grineer werent immune to them. I mean they're their traps but that doesnt make then immune to a gigant flamethrower.

Just now, Momo93 said:

Well, they obviously didn't work enough on the siphon missions if many people dread them. They are still so damn buggy. Also, what happened to the freedom we have with many other resources? Just straight up gone and I hate that. Give me more ways to get the damn kuva xD. Forcing us to get it one way with their horrible current system is just unfair.

I'm not denying that they still need to fix some things, like Lotus telling you to attack the braids. And I think being able to get a resource in more than one place is generally a good thing, and I think they will eventually. However, I think at least for the time being, they want most people to at least try out for a while and get their fill of siphon missions. And even if they add kuva to the fortress at some point, I think it is going to be in significantly smaller amounts. 

Do I like all of that? No, not necessarily. But I'm just saying why I think they are doing what their doing, what I think their reasoning is. They haven't even fully fixed kuva siphon missions, so they don't want people to abandon them for another farming method quite yet. 

Honestly, I would want a reason to play Kuva Fortress regularly without the reason being the latest new stance that drops with a ridiculous low chance.

Like, maybe, just hear me out here, just add the resource that is the name of the freaking Fortress to it.

The problem is 'there is no reason to go to the Kuva Fortress', but adding one or two mods excusive to it wont make a difference. Once you get the mods, you are back to the 'there is no reason to go there' spot.

Notice that this time they added it to the Cache drops, instead of the enemy drops, since you can fight them on any Kuva Siphon mission. This was actually how I got the Outcast stance.

1 hour ago, Jobistober said:

Community has been asking for more reasons to play Kuva Fortress, so there it is.

I was gonna post about this and this man knows!

Tonfa stance was already annoying but I manage to get it farming kuva but not this again..

Kuva map is fuking huge and there are SO MANY hidden spots.

I like the fortress design-wise. If we ignore the traps and indestructible turrets, it's an amazing tileset; The only thing I've had problems with are some of the missions themselves.

Most importantly, the big Sabotage "Mission" (as it's more involved than any other map previously) has a hidden timer that makes slow and careful stealth action less of an option unless you're Loki and just rushing through while cloaked, and you need to really leg it to get to all the objectives in a timely manner, without getting yourself shred to pieces by the enemy or some of those explosive mines that are scattered around the tighter areas.

So I am happy they give us at least SOME incentive to go back there. There needs to be way more, tho. Considering that all the mobs drop standards mods you could get anywhere else much easier.

Give us Kuva containers similar to the Void Tower's Argon crystal formations. Place them around the map, people will probably be happy to go hunting for those deposits once they're burnt out from doing the normal Kuva Siphon/Flood.

Edited by ScorpDK

I played the kuva fortress for 100hrs of survival w/descrating necros staying 1hr+ every time.  never got sov. outcast - finally a friend felt bad for me and gave it to me.

Haven't been back to fortress since other than the rare sortie mission there & dont miss it - primarily because it only place to farm that stupid stance and got burned out.

Now another locked in the fortress? no thanks i'll just pass.

If these mods dropped elsewhere as well i'd be more likely to diversify and spend some time there and some time elsewhere.  so much of this game forces you to one particular tileset for what it is you're seeking it just burns you out on that tileset. If they just made it super rare elsewhere and half as rare there, it'd be more enjoyable and more likely to get my attn.

54 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think they need some kind of entirely new resource or something to put there, maybe next time they come up with a totally new resource.

It might be coincidence but I'm pretty sure every Synthula alert I've seen recently has been on the Kuva Fortress.  Then we just need more use for Synthula.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

Or Synthula alerts?

Yeah but lets be honest here... how often have you even thought about using the item synthula is used in.... I've managed up until now without it, so not exactly something we need.

I actually had to check the wiki for "Synthula", since I've never even seen this item. It definitely didn't drop from spy missions on Ceres and Sedna, and I do like 3-10 Spy runs per day. Like, wow.

Kuva fortress could have hidden caches containing Kuva, Tellurium and other Grineer-styled rare resources that you can't normally get anywhere else. That will get my interest.

Edited by ScorpDK

Did 15 runs hunting for that new stance and still didnt get it. i dont mind the tileset it just gets too damn boring  running  around like a headless chicken and checking every inch of that huge &#! map  p.s also i found all 3 caches in every single run but it seems like this stance is rarer than my future ex gaming hot latino gf

Personally I kind of wish it'd also drop off John Prodman, beat the champ, learn his moves. That'd be a much harder but more guaranteed way.

However, I do like having a reason to visit the Fortress. I forgot how atmospheric it is, though running the same mission type is getting repetitive.

6 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

The Kuva Fortress is a good map but there's barely any reason to go there

DE: Puts new item in Kuva Fortress

Why is DE forcing us to go to this place

People will never be satisfied.

Kuva endless.

Boom. Everyone is satisfied. It really isn't hard. Or at the VERY least, buff machetes so you at LEAST have an incentive to get that stance.

8 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

The Kuva Fortress is a good map but there's barely any reason to go there

DE: Puts new item in Kuva Fortress

Why is DE forcing us to go to this place

People will never be satisfied.

Im pretty sure people would be satisfied if the kuva fortress would have:

-boss fight area with weapon and frame drops

-atleast 10 new mods

-actual kuva inside there

-8 player survival and defense run (the awesome glitch everyone wants)

-more rare resource drops

Having an entire "planet" dedicated for 1 mod is bullS#&$.

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah but lets be honest here... how often have you even thought about using the item synthula is used in.... I've managed up until now without it, so not exactly something we need.

True. I have them just to have them. Don't really need them though. I can appreciate the novelty in the acquisition but that's pretty much all those alerts are: novelty.

7 hours ago, ScorpDK said:

I actually had to check the wiki for "Synthula", since I've never even seen this item. It definitely didn't drop from spy missions on Ceres and Sedna, and I do like 3-10 Spy runs per day. Like, wow.

Kuva fortress could have hidden caches containing Kuva, Tellurium and other Grineer-styled rare resources that you can't normally get anywhere else. That will get my interest.

You can get Synthula fairly often on the first couple rewards in low level endless missions like the early planets.

I dont understand why DE put so much effort in creating most beautiful and complex tileset,added new units to it and just left it like that.They did all the hard work but didnt make any reason for players to play this.We can find Kuva all over the world except in Kuva fortress.How logical is that?Do this stances change anything?No.

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Im pretty sure people would be satisfied if the kuva fortress would have:

-boss fight area with weapon and frame drops

-atleast 10 new mods

-actual kuva inside there

-8 player survival and defense run (the awesome glitch everyone wants)

-more rare resource drops

Having an entire "planet" dedicated for 1 mod is bullS#&$.

Cyclone Kraken is so easy to get too. I played the fortress for about 30 minutes and got the mod. Never going back there lol.