The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

As we all know, the Plains have been announced (the ex-destiny player cant see Poe as anything but Prison of Elders) and many people can see how this update can drastically change the endgame. Snipers may become very good, many frame abilities will become more enjoyable in the open spaces (max range zephyr/nova portal/rhino charge builds anyone?) but please DE, im begging you to change one simple mechanic for one single frame while using one single ability.

Please,please, please allow Volt's Speed ability let him run on water. We saw the huge landmass before us, and I know many fellow speed volts simply thought "FREEDOM!!," thought about how we could try and outrun archwings (someone will find a way to do it. Probably a speedvolt with energy conversion/nidusboosting/equinoxboosting teamcomp), and while this can still happen, to cement the idea that vfolt is the fastest frame alive, we must be allowed to run on water. 

I wonder if Volt trying to run on the surface of a lake would immediately sink and zap every living thing with a small enough hp pool to death, or evaporate the water quickly enough to propel himself along the surface.

I mean, he can place a barrier that zaps projectiles out of existence. That sounds pretty powerful.

Edited by LABAL

Not saying it's a bad idea... But how is running faster than flying?

That said, I can dig it though... I have every intention of flying as high as I can, disabling archwing and gliding into enemy camps while pulling all manner of stunts in the process.

Take screenies, BS the camp and then land...

Snowglobes on the way down to see what shapes I can make...

Wukong cloudwalk  and see if it casts a shadow... 

Undertow in the ponds and get pictures of enemies drowning...

...Your idea works as another fun thing to do too.

Just now, LABAL said:

I wonder if Volt trying to run on the surface of a lake would immediately sink and zap every living thing with a small enough hp pool to death, or evaporate the water quickly enough to propel himself along the surface.

Next level fishing tactics before the update is even live.

obligatory 'we destiny now bois' {minus the quality strikes/raids of course}

do i think 'open world' warframe is more impressive than arghwing or 'tombs of the sentients? sure 

but i also remember that there was a TON of hype around arghwing when it was 1st revealed, and we were supposed to have all kinds of 'transitional' tiles and maps, and we were going to shift from space to onboard corpus obelisks and grineer fomorians and galleons and whatnot, remember? just like the in the video? but, uh remind me where that is? or what happened to it? oh ya right, it was abandoned... =/ 

remember the 'tombs of the sentients'? remember how we've basically only had 2 sentients enemies ingame for around 2+ years now? no 'carriers' yet, no arm-cannons, no large 'walker' units, no hunhow fight, no tau system... ya... 

remember how the relays were going to have clan hubs? remember how the dark sectors where supposed to give the clans something to challenge each other over? remember how the solar system was supposed to be dynamic and tides always changing and we, the tenno, were supposed to be maintaining the balance? ya... =/

so basically i refuse to 'get hyped' about this new reveal ; does it look impressive? sure it does {want to use expletives, but dont want to be punished by the forum nannies} 

but in the last 4+ years ive see DE ramp up so many things and then just leave them 10m from the finish line and basically be like 'ya well we changed our minds and now we dont think its really worth the effort anymore, but now we're spending all of our energy doing this other new thing...' which will likely eventually get the same treatment, so after awhile it becomes REALLY hard to have any faith that they will ever really follow through on anything

dont get me wrong, i wish them/DE the best, and i hope that U22 is freakn awesome and amazing, but im going to want to experience it firsthand before they get a jaw drop from me {and believe me, i want my jaw to drop, but you gotta earn that}

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

9 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Well the way it looked to me most of it was boring walking around town stuff. Not fun. Then when outside of the town the battles were not as enemy dense or as exciting as regular missions. Also not fun. I was uninterested until the giant monster came out. That's the only part of the entire thing that looked like potential fun to me. Maybe fun.

The entire part in the town all I could think is why aren't they killing these guys.

You do not sound like the kind of player who enjoys having an actual world to play around in, but fortunately the rest of the game will remain as much a mindless shoot-a-thon whilst sitting atop an objective as it already is.

If you don't like it, I'll say again that you'll probably only have to visit once or twice, but considering the previous conversation I was in, in which your general viewpoint was entirely dismantled and invalidated by better men than you or I, got assimilated into and scattered across this mega-thread, you might have missed that.

Now cease your quoting of a dead conversation or I shall taunt you again, you silly English knight.

49 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not saying it's a bad idea... But how is running faster than flying?

That said, I can dig it though... I have every intention of flying as high as I can, disabling archwing and gliding into enemy camps while pulling all manner of stunts in the process.

Take screenies, BS the camp and then land...

Snowglobes on the way down to see what shapes I can make...

Wukong cloudwalk  and see if it casts a shadow... 

Undertow in the ponds and get pictures of enemies drowning...

...Your idea works as another fun thing to do too.

Never thought of those ideas...

I played warframe solidly for a couple of years, haven't really been back for any length of time since then. I'm really excited for this update so let's hope they not only follow through but keep expanding upon this. Hopefully the 3rd person camera can be zoomed out, the older i get the sicker i get being zoomed in so far.

2 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

You do not sound like the kind of player who enjoys having an actual world to play around in, but fortunately the rest of the game will remain as much a mindless shoot-a-thon whilst sitting atop an objective as it already is.

Well I disagree with it being "mindless" aside from that fair enough.

2 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

If you don't like it, I'll say again that you'll probably only have to visit once or twice, but considering the previous conversation I was in, in which your general viewpoint was entirely dismantled and invalidated by better men than you or I, got assimilated into and scattered across this mega-thread, you might have missed that.

Not sure what you are talking about here. Actually think you have me mixed up with somebody else as I've only made a few comments on/about The Plains of Eidolon and none of them expressed anything worth dismantling/invalidating. Even going back through my post activity I'm not seeing anything that could be considered a conversation on this topic.

I don't know if I like it or not as it's to new to tell. Like so new it's not even out. By time it ships they could have hundreds or thousands of enemies spawn into that huge map to slaughter and be the greatest time ever in Warframe. I was just directly answering the question in regards to what did not look fun in the video. It was not meant to be an offense of hate or statement of unwillingness to try it out.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc