Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Kuva Fortress enemies and alert missions drop Kuva resource. It's time. Just do it.

Sannidor

If a 20 minute survival on Kuva Fortress would drop 10k Kuva, what harm could it make?

Siphon missions are still buggy and tedious. If you refuse to fix issues with siphons, kuva clouds visibility, stuck in geometry, siphons absorbing two clouds before we can even reach spawn point...

make the only "end game" resource farmable from variety of places.

Come on DE, you make zero efforts to justify this silliness, it's time to let go.

Let the Kuva flow. 

Im so sick of farming kuva that I will never again farm it untill DE gives us another way to do it. Preferably a drop from Kuva Spy vaults.

I dont care if Kuva syphon will be the most efficient way to aquire Kuva.

Edited by Xardis

If they add some mission that let you earn Kuva on the fortress, I think it shoud says via a unique way, using the Operator.

We could have a sort of special alert that happen sometime where we have to enter the Kuva fortress, enter on a Kuva storing room and destroy various locks to open it and steal some Kuva. This type of mission could also become an endless defense when we open the locks and give us some Kuva each 5 waves.

It would be a different ways of farming Kuva but only spawn as alert, so Kuva siphon still the main way to farm Kuva.

That is a good idea, when people have not complete the Main Quest. Yeah, Alert Kuva is bad idea. I agree to KEEP it at Kuva Fotress.

And if I am wrong about having to do the Main Quest (SD, TWW), then still keep it at Kuva Fortress.

Nice Try, coming 2020.JK

4 hours ago, Sannidor said:

If a 20 minute survival on Kuva Fortress would drop 10k Kuva, what harm could it make?

That is the worst drop since RNG. Consider even Level 10~20 Mission A,A,B Rotation some time just small amount of Endo, or Common Mods.

Consider Relics not plenty, and if you say "Relics is just fine", then you are will be fine to grinding hundredths of more hours (it been said) more than the original Void Key.

What is needed is 600 1,2,00 Kuva reward from each Rotation A,A, and NOT B or C rotation, making KUVA FOTRESS more WORTH playing. BUT, that mean you get like 1,200 2,400 Kuva at least minimal for 20 minute (AABC), VERY Good IDEA. (Same goes for Survival, etc.).

11 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Kuva-type enemies should have small amounts of Kuva in their drop tables as a rare drop chance.

Kuva fortress should have chance to find small amounts of Kuva in the loot crates. 

Kuva Fortress missions should have a chance to reward small amounts of Kuva.

These all s going like good suggestions to me.

3 hours ago, Sannidor said:

Siphon missions are still buggy and tedious. If you refuse to fix issues with siphons, kuva clouds visibility, stuck in geometry, siphons absorbing two clouds before we can even reach spawn point...

make the only "end game" resource farmable from variety of places.

Come on DE, you make zero efforts to justify this silliness, it's time to let go.

Let the Kuva flow. 

as soon as they do this, kuva fortress become the new Void when it lock end game content into a single tileset, and that is a mistake they don't want to repeat again as they had to invent a whole relic system to break free from it.

2 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Kuva-type enemies should have small amounts of Kuva in their drop tables as a rare drop chance.

Kuva fortress should have chance to find small amounts of Kuva in the loot crates. 

Kuva Fortress missions should have a chance to reward small amounts of Kuva.

Kuva should be available as drops inside Kuva Fort.

Void Traces should drop from rare containers in the Void.

Riven mods should drop on the star map. Nothing like having to DO end game content, to get the stuff you need in order to do end game content...

Edited by BlackCoMerc

27 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

as soon as they do this, kuva fortress become the new Void when it lock end game content into a single tileset, and that is a mistake they don't want to repeat again as they had to invent a whole relic system to break free from it.

And yet they didn't break free of it.

The fissure missions still see us fighting g the same list of enemies every single run. Just as samey and repetitive as Towers used to be, now just on the star map.

Now if Fissures were limited to only corrupting, and not adding their own new spawns...that would afford so.e variety.

Heaven forbid we earn rewards on a mission without a Bombard or a Nullifier.

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

And yet they didn't break free of it.

The fissure missions still see us fighting g the same list of enemies every single run. Just as samey and repetitive as Towers used to be, now just on the star map.

by break free of it i mean the void tileset, as in the mission, the "planet", not the enemy type.

Regardless, DE is kinda strongly oppose to having kuva tied to any specific planet/moon/void/moon ... that kind of stuff from what we see, and it's a good thing. If you can't present a better way to solve a problem yet, better first steer away from old problems that is known (and paid).

From what Steve said a few months ago in one of his streams, what I understood was that adding Kuva to the Kuva Fortress like that would be the easy/lazy solution and he wouldn't be happy with it. Kind of like failing at adding a proper reason as well as a creative failiure.

Not saying the Kuva Fortress lacks something -- although I personally love it for what it is, the lack of people playing on it make me just go Solo for a few rounds in Survival and Defense.

There's good things the Kuva farm currently does, mainly that it grants those lower level nodes or less populated nodes a reason to be played. I don't have much stuff to do on Earth, but a Kuva Siphon/Flood is a good chance for you to come back.

Having said this, it is also true that having only one single mission type which has the same mechanics over and over again is kind of going back to good old Void pre Fissures.

Ideally, there should be something added to the Kuva Fortress that is not Kuva while also giving the rotating nodes more variety than a hardly explained gimmick mode that becomes too repetitive too quickly. But of course, it's hard to pin down what exactly.

So that pretty much sums up the real issue we have.

I wonder if Kuva could be made available in a sort of Alert Hijack mission that can appear on Kuva Fortress nodes?

Seeing that Kuva would be closely guarded by the Queens, and would still need to be delivered to them, maybe there can be an opportunity to have such a setup? A question I have is could there be an archwing component here, similar to how we first infiltrated the Fortress? I'd enjoy something along these lines, seeing that once collected, the Kuva still needs to be placed in containers and then transported in some fashion. 

2 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I wonder if Kuva could be made available in a sort of Alert Hijack mission that can appear on Kuva Fortress nodes?

Seeing that Kuva would be closely guarded by the Queens, and would still need to be delivered to them, maybe there can be an opportunity to have such a setup? A question I have is could there be an archwing component here, similar to how we first infiltrated the Fortress? I'd enjoy something along these lines, seeing that once collected, the Kuva still needs to be placed in containers and then transported in some fashion. 

I brought this up along time ago. I proposed a mission where we stop a kuva delivery to earn large amount of kuva.
But to satisfy DE in wanting NOT to make it super cheesy easy. I said make it a once-a-day available mission for players. Like the Syndicate missions

7 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

I brought this up along time ago. I proposed a mission where we stop a kuva delivery to earn large amount of kuva.
But to satisfy DE in wanting NOT to make it super cheesy easy. I said make it a once-a-day available mission for players. Like the Syndicate missions

What I was picturing in my head was as the Kuva Guards have filled a siphon, they would send them directly to transport ships, headed straight to the Queens; and so, sometimes with such haste, that we can track and Intercept them for a chance to Hijack the ship. Which was why as an alert, they could be occurring randomly, fitting into the rotation of other Alerts.

The Kuva amounts found on the ship can easily match the amounts we see in Flood missions with matching difficulty or whatever works best. Since at the very least I'd like to have more ways to collect Kuva, and lore-wise have a last ditch effort to keep the Queens for getting Kuva.

With your idea, I could see a once a day, or once a week, Teshin mission, where he reveals a vulnerable storage or processing facility that we can raid to get some Kuva from the Queens cookie jar so to speak, and it could fit along side Maroo and Clem missions.

I mean who wouldn't want to hear him speak to us as we get messages from Maroo and Darvo in those missions.

I recently tried my hand at a kuva siphon mission. It was a disaster--even with experienced squad mates. I ended up simply running around providing "interference" for the enemy spawns rather than actually getting any kuva directly. Why? Because the mechanics of popping into operator mode and trying to do...much of anything...is very awkward and shaky at best. Then you pop back into your frame so you don't "die" and the controls get all screwy...nothing wants to work proper so you have to pop back out and then back in and sometimes it resets, sometimes it doesn't. (I'm not sure if this is a bug or is this is purposeful...I could see why it might be purposeful, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating).

I'm glad my squad mates were able to get the kuva, after all was said and done. But I feel like the mechanics of it all need some serious tuning. I can tell you that I won't be doing kuva missions without them...because I can't make heads or tails of what I'm supposed to be doing and even with what I know, actually doing it simply seems next to impossible for me. (Just my experience talking, I realize.)

My own concern though...is figuring out how kuva and kuva siphons/floods even fit into the game world? What is kuva, exactly, and why is it just floating about in random places? I'm one that likes explanations to things like this. I feel fleshing that sort of thing out would help, overall, make sense of an otherwise seemingly senseless farming mission for a resource that is rarely used (at this point).

On 9/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, NightmareT12 said:

From what Steve said a few months ago in one of his streams, what I understood was that adding Kuva to the Kuva Fortress like that would be the easy/lazy solution and he wouldn't be happy with it. Kind of like failing at adding a proper reason as well as a creative failiure.

Sheesh. I honestly don't give a F*** whether Steve's happy with it. It's not about him or his artistic integrity, it's about doing some S#&$ that makes some sense.