The Remote Observer: Vol 14

[DE]Taylor

6c345fcf3241230362deadc8adb34ad3.jpg

With PC hotfixes on hold until The Plains of Eidolon releases, we are lacking update notes to give you highlights from! So, once again we are looking into the future at what you can expect with the next huge content drop. If you want a look at some coming Focus changes, Sortie reward tweaks and more, keep on reading here.

Why Link.. No link...

Summary below:

THE REMOTE OBSERVER: VOL #14
Posted On 2017-09-22 04:03:00

6c345fcf3241230362deadc8adb34ad3.jpg

For those not in the know, we’re holding off on all PC Hotfixes until the Plains of Eidolon launches. That means we won’t have any PC update update note TL;DRs for you, so we’ll be looking into the future yet again at what changes will be coming with the next PC release.

Our Console Tenno received Update 21.7.0 this week, the highlights of which are down below!

PC - WHAT IS TO COME:

Damage Fall-Off

• Most weapons will be given a form of damage fall-off after 300m (600m for Snipers) in response to the increased distance between you and your enemies in the Plains of Eidolon. A full Dev Workshop on this chance (including an illustration of this distance within existing tilesets) can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/846609-plains-of-eidolon-distances-weapons/

UI and UX Changes

• When socketing Stars into Ayatan Sculptures, players will only receive the “Are you sure?” prompt once per socketing session.
• Added a ‘Delete All Read Messages’ option in the Inbox. *Please note that this currently does not apply to Community messages.
• Added a Corpus Outpost and Grineer Shipyard tileset level to the Interception mix for some variation.
• Companions will no longer lose integrity if a print is in the process of being distilled to prevent unexpected death.
• The Gear wheel has increased in size - from 8 to 12 slots!

https://gfycat.com/MintySmugBighorn

Sortie Rewards

• We have been looking into adding Kuva to the Sortie Drop Table, but final drop chance and drop amount are still being tweaked. This would also mean we are moving Lenses to a new home - possibly on Cetus!

Focus

If you follow our Devstreams, you might have heard that a Focus rework was coming.

More details will be shared in a Dev Workshop next week, but here’s a quick overview at some structural changes that are coming:

• The core of this rework is to shift the goals of the Focus system from supplementing Warframes to making your Operator more combat-ready. What this means is there will be more of a balance between Passives and Actives, and we are actively experimenting with something called 'Residuals' which you'll hear more about soon! We are trying new things, Tenno!
• Each school is tailored to alter your Operator abilities to fill specific roles and combat classes. This is something we set up from the get-go and it's why the original Focus choice was very RPG feeling in the dialog. Truly, classic RPG classes are a good analogy here: The Cleric (Vazarin), the Wizard (Zenurik), the Fighter (Madurai), the Rogue (Naramon), the Paladin (Unairu) - but with their own Warframe spin.
• For the most popular perks like Energy Overflow, it means we're doing some deliberating. Right now we're deciding (based on the constructive contributions) what it means to call this Zenurik passive an 'essential' thing, and if something like it maybe shouldn't be locked behind a Focus school that the 4 other schools can't get. While we don't want Warframe to be infinite power spam: the game, we do want bonus energy regen systems choices to exist with investment and likely be decoupled from Focus at this point.

Vary cool stuff! All aboard the HYPE Train!!

And FINALLY I can say LENSES WILL BE GONE from Sorties!!

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

• We have been looking into adding Kuva to the Sortie Drop Table, but final drop chance and drop amount are still being tweaked. This would also mean we are moving Lenses to a new home - possibly on Cetus!

Kuva in the sorties. 

tumblr_lzz2p4e7fO1qlzb7ko1_500.gif

Edit : Just put them (the lenses) in the bloody syndicates already.

Edited by phoenix1992

9 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

"Our Console Tenno received Update 21.7.0 this week, the highlights of which are down below!"

interesting... does this mean today? or fri-sunday since de is all on the hype train for PoE ? i wonder... interesting

Consoles got 21.7.0 on Monday this week.

Good summary, though traditionally, Unairu has nothing that is a Paladin - which is a mix of fighter and healer more or less - but rather a Stalwart Defender, or Shield-guard. Characters that embody the more modern MMO concept of a tank, huge defenses with boosts to further bolster survivability and often sporting taunts that so many consider mandatory for the position. If Unairu got healing focused on itself that boosted allies - like Oberon with Iron Renewal - then I could buy Unairu as a Paladin school.

You know I really hate it when I type out a reply to a thread then the post gets merged and my entire reply gets deleted because that isn't automatically linked to the new thread, I'd have been happy if I could have just got a copy of it but no, forum doesn't even let me do that...... so lets try again... I'll see if I can remember most of what I had already written.

• The Gear wheel has increased in size - from 8 to 12 slots! - Good because I was wondering how I'd fit the PoE stuff into the gear wheel but the UI could probably do with being looked at next, it's a pretty slow system to work with imo.  It would also be nice to get a gear wheel 'loadout slot' for PoE and a second one for the nomral starmap with them automatically loading depending on which area we're in, it's not like we'll need the PoE gear elsewhere and changing the gear wheel isn't exactly something you can really do between missions....

• We have been looking into adding Kuva to the Sortie Drop Table, but final drop chance and drop amount are still being tweaked. This would also mean we are moving Lenses to a new home - possibly on Cetus! Can we please just have one single focus lens (plus greater) that all goes into a big pool that we can spend however we like between the focus schools.  The current system is just really poorly designed in forcing us to limit our focus school gathering to specific warframes/weapons and it's even worse if you ever fully max out a school because all that focus just goes to waste.  

• Each school is tailored to alter your Operator abilities to fill specific roles and combat classes. This is something we set up from the get-go and it's why the original Focus choice was very RPG feeling in the dialog. Truly, classic RPG classes are a good analogy here: The Cleric (Vazarin), the Wizard (Zenurik), the Fighter (Madurai), the Rogue (Naramon), the Paladin (Unairu) - but with their own Warframe spin.  Seeing as you're doing UI tweaks, can we please get a drop down menu in the arsenal UI to allow us to quickly swap focus schools, ideally with the focus school being saved in our loadout slots like weapons and warframes etc

• For the most popular perks like Energy Overflow, it means we're doing some deliberating. Right now we're deciding (based on the constructive contributions) what it means to call this Zenurik passive an 'essential' thing, and if something like it maybe shouldn't be locked behind a Focus school that the 4 other schools can't get. While we don't want Warframe to be infinite power spam: the game, we do want bonus energy regen systems choices to exist with investment and likely be decoupled from Focus at this point. I suppose one way to fix that would be to put 'energy overflow' into every focus school as an option but at a lower rate than currently on zenurik (say max of 2 instead of 4), then to give zenurik a 'double energy overflow' school or something similar to boost it back up to the max of 4.  I don't know about others but I sure don't want another 'band aid fix' mod or a buff to the energy siphon aura to replace an ability that didn't require a mod unless it comes with an additional 'focus slot' (and mod capacity allowance) which can only be used to replace 'missing focus abilities'.   Removing zenurik's energy overflow is only going to affect warframes that need to get energy between casting or ones that need to use multiple abilities (so higher energy costs) in a row for best effect, it's going to have zero effect on frames that have 'always on' abilities like ember with world on fire (and there's enough 'dislike' for this already), and as such would leave the former type of frame at a disadvantage in missions.  edit: just had a thought... why can't it be kept behind one focus school, that's how it is now, and no ones really been complaining about that limitation /edit

The other option is to increase the energy orb drop rates (ideally along with adding health orb drops...) but that might not be a good idea because that could actually cause 'infinite power spam', especially with frames with always on abilities.

Edited by LSG501

17 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

That Gear Wheel Gfy trickers me.

wgwfJLa.png 

Ah the 'automatic' overwriting of our preset loadouts.... yeah I really love having to keep resetting my loadouts because it doesn't change to a 'non saved loadout', or even ask if we'd like to save the loadout, when something is changed..

1)Damage Fall-Off

>I hope the sniper faloff exceptions extend to sniper pistols!

2)The Cleric (Vazarin), the Wizard (Zenurik), the Fighter (Madurai), the Rogue (Naramon), the Paladin (Unairu)

>Excited! But I hope Operator movement gets looked at.

>On another note, I hope Focus gain also gets a second look.

3)Right now we're deciding (based on the constructive contributions) what it means to call this Zenurik passive an 'essential' thing, and if something like it maybe shouldn't be locked behind a Focus school that the 4 other schools can't get. While we don't want Warframe to be infinite power spam: the game, we do want bonus energy regen systems choices to exist with investment and likely be decoupled from Focus at this point.

>Sounds good!

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

edit: just had a thought... why can't it be kept behind one focus school, that's how it is now, and no ones really been complaining about that limitation /edit

i'm fine with having it under a single school, we just need to have more worth effects on other schools, and a way to quick switch focus as you said

3 hours ago, Myscho said:

"Autosocket Stars" button for Ayatans will be better than this "When socketing Stars into Ayatan Sculptures, players will only receive the “Are you sure?"

I can totally second an 'auto-socket stars' option. That would save a great deal of time in that interface!