Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch Drops Prep and Exclusive Sigil Drop

[DE]Taylor

I can't believe DE thinks this is a good idea.

Employee 1 - "Hey, I've got a brilliant idea for when Plains of Eidolon drops! How about instead of encouraging people to play, we add exclusive items from watching other people play the update so they spoil everything before they even drop down on Cetus for the first time!"

Employee 2 - "But what about those who want to experience the Plains of Eidolon for themselves first? Do they get anything?"

Employee 1 - "Welp, best hope they experience everything before our chosen streamers all unlock the achievements, otherwise those players are SOL."

• Like 1

I've a question regarding the Dawn's Early Light achievement reward:

Will the reward only be credited the first time a streamer unlocks it? Being a 2 week event, it will become very likely that all of the streamers will have the achievement before the end of the event, and I am sure I am not the only player who plans on actually playing the update for the first few days, at least, and consider the rewards secondary. It would be nice to have confirmation on the urgency of this reward.

It'd be nice if it was given out every time a Streamer survives the night, completing the condition for the achievement.

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Once every Partner has unlocked the achievement, the Sigil won't be available for the remainder of the Great Eidolon event.

Welp, so much for that. Guess I'll be watching useless streams instead of playing the game until I get the Sigil. With my slow internet it might functionally be days before I get to play.

Edited by Aceofgods

I've paid more than 100$ for the platinum packs. I've paid for the twitch prime to get the frost prime. i'm a new player.

But i refuse to watch useless streams just to get some loot.

I understand, they want to get the game noticed by more people on the day of the expansion launch... But this is just a banana-blocking move... 

I'm really only interested in the syandana and the Orbiter decoration, so I plan to just leave half a dozen streamers on mute (and locked to low quality) in the background when the Plains launches. If they happen to get achievements I won't complain, but it's mainly just so that I get the decoration (if it wasn't here I'd probably just link accounts and not bother with the streams). In general I prefer actually playing the game instead of watching someone else play it.

Oh, speaking of the syandana, will it be recolorable, or will it always be Twitch colors?

Edited by Yargami

11 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Is there any kind of balancing factor on the reward-per-achievement?

Say for instance, I were to open up the streams of 50 different Partners in different tabs, and there's 20 Achievements, that would be 1000 chances at potentially Vaulted Prime gear and Market items.

That seems a little too good.

I've been asking this since the promotion was announced.

16 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Anything for Consoles? Do we get the stuff after we get the update or before it hits consoles?

You can receive Drops as a viewer, regardless of what platform you're on! So as a console Tenno, you'll receive the items live like those on PC.

19 hours ago, V45H said:

im gonna be honest im just gonna pin every one of these in a new instance of fire fox and leave them run in the background .-. because id rather play eidolon than watch it

19 hours ago, Fukushu said:

I can't believe DE thinks this is a good idea.

Employee 1 - "Hey, I've got a brilliant idea for when Plains of Eidolon drops! How about instead of encouraging people to play, we add exclusive items from watching other people play the update so they spoil everything before they even drop down on Cetus for the first time!"

Employee 2 - "But what about those who want to experience the Plains of Eidolon for themselves first? Do they get anything?"

Employee 1 - "Welp, best hope they experience everything before our chosen streamers all unlock the achievements, otherwise those players are SOL."

I agree with this sentiment completely. Sure, it's really the cosmetics that are the biggest attraction, and that's all they are; cosmetics. Though, I'd rather be playing the game on launch than watching others do so. When one has very limited free time and is excited for PoE, I'm not exactly sure they'd want to spend it on watching others.

Regarding random loot drops when a streamer earns an achievement, is it :

• once per player?
  • once per player per streamer?
  • players get equal number of random loot to the number of achievements the streamer has earned

Can players watch multiple streams at the same time, potentially getting more loot?

10 hours ago, Mk_1 said:

I don't get why people think they're being forced into watching the streams. You could just open a couple and leave em muted while you play :P

Some people, especially UK have crap connections, streaming and playing is sometimes out of the question. I think the main issue they are having is, when they can only do one ar the other, why would they want to watch someone else play instead, of playing themselves?

Watch and Earn: Watch 1 cumulative hour of Warframe streams and be rewarded with an exclusive Landing Craft Wisp Decoration (one per account).

Do Prime Time and other streams by DE count towards this "hour of Warframe streams" or is it only third party streams?

22 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Do Prime Time and other streams by DE count towards this "hour of Warframe streams" or is it only third party streams?

I've been wondering about this too, as I watch the Devstreams anyways, and usually try to catch the Prime Times.