Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I discovered the "Hey kiddo" trigger

Xardis

Obviously the first trigger is to finish the Chains of Harrow quest. And I remember that "void demon" tiggered then for me. I didnt build Harrow for a long time, I was too lazy to do defection missions. Fast forward to now. I farmed the last part and crafted it. Now I started crafting Harrow. And "void demon" visited me for the 2nd time. So there is my conclusion, 1st trigger is to fonish the quest and 2nd trigger - to make to spawn continuously, is to start crafting it and/or own Harrow himself.

I'm not sure that the OP's theory is accurate.  Upon completion of the Chains of Harrow quest, I encountered the Man-in-the-Wall in my landing craft.  However, I immediately farmed for all the other parts and built Harrow after that, and I have never had a second encounter.

One thing I have wondered, though, is about Rell's Donda, which I purchased from Paladino and have placed within my landing craft... I'm kinda wondering if that, perhaps, is "warding off" the Man-in-the-Wall?

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

1 minute ago, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

I'm not sure this is accurate.  Upon completion of the Chains of Harrow quest, I encountered the Man-in-the-Wall in my landing craft.  However, I farmed for and immediately built Harrow after that, and I have never had a second encounter.

One thing I have wondered, though, is about Rel's Donda, which I purchased from Paladino and have placed within my landing craft... I'm kinda wondering if that, perhaps, is "warding off" the Man-in-the-Wall?

I do have the Donda placed in the ship, but recently i was still visited by the guy

D3FE0A592E5E25BEF3BDFACCB012F34D0EB089A1

I have finished the ques the day it aired, that didn't build Harrow for a while, then i did build him, then leveled. It has been months since then, and I've yet to encounter kiddo fro the first time.
Maybe I did have him at the orbiter, but I didn't notice, even though I have looked for him, but no luck, and still haven't seen him even once.
And about the dark or white side, I am neutral by far, still nothing.

3 minutes ago, Tipicalistic said:

I think it's related to whenever you're on the light or dark side.
Dark side people tend to see the void demon quite alot, while the White side never seen the Man-in-the-wall after the first encounter.

That's not it. I'm light aligned, and I've seen him three times. I've only played the quest twice.

14 minutes ago, Tipicalistic said:

I think it's related to whenever you're on the light or dark side.
Dark side people tend to see the void demon quite alot, while the White side never seen the Man-in-the-wall after the first encounter.

I'm a little to the dark side, don't have harrow and only seen him once after the quest trigger (I was with a glyph display selected walking around to place in the orbiter when he appeared. Coincidence?).
fQE7LbX.jpg

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

Obviously the first trigger is to finish the Chains of Harrow quest. And I remember that "void demon" tiggered then for me. I didnt build Harrow for a long time, I was too lazy to do defection missions. Fast forward to now. I farmed the last part and crafted it. Now I started crafting Harrow. And "void demon" visited me for the 2nd time. So there is my conclusion, 1st trigger is to fonish the quest and 2nd trigger - to make to spawn continuously, is to start crafting it and/or own Harrow himself.

Nope, many ppl have had him many times even after finishing and building Harrow. I've had him pop up about 4 times a friend has had him like 8-9 times now... It's just an RNG trigger.

2 hours ago, Xardis said:

I got the Void Demon to spawn after being AFK for too long