Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amps and Zaws, why I dont bother with that content.

TomCat86

I would really like to use amps and zaws, but the grind is insane and you cant even take them apart and switch out parts to see what you like better? No thanks, I am not wasting all that time leveling up the quils, to waste more time grinding for material for the weapons, to put it together and not be able to test it different ways? Who really thought more grind was a good idea? This game is grindy enough.. I understand some people dont mind grinds, and some people even like grinds, but not everyone is the same way and not everyone has the same availability or patience to do these things. There are lots of people who get turned off when they see standing caps, long wait times for this and that, or even RNG spawns influencing how fast you can reach a certain rank, not to mention night and day being requirements also and not having an option to select night or day. Dont get me wrong, I like the open world addition but some things can definitely do with some changes and change isn't necessarily bad. Lets face it, nothing is perfect and never will be, but we can sure try to get it be as close to perfect as possible. <3

They should make the weapon crafting like fallouts weapon crafting.

Edited by TomCat86

The grind for Quills standing isn't all that much now we figured out what works well.  If you're lucky enough to join a game in progress that has even just two people who know what they are doing then you'll get around 8K standing from just one run.  

Just running public games and not asking for teams I can usually get through 3 runs per night.

My problem these days is now my quills standing is maxed out and I have the Arcanes I want (Gems not withstanding) what do I do with the hundreds of cores I have hanging around.

Edited by Sabreracer

Amps are basically just fancy weapons, you can go without problems just using the standard one, but the Zaws are pretty damn good, plus you can make them how you want, and if you worry about the stats and parts, there are plenty of builds and data tables that tell you want kind of weapon you get

I'd build more amps and get all the husk/vigor arcanes I need but the problem I have is actually getting a night mission so I can even try to get cores etc and it doesn't seem to be night that often when I am able to play....

The day/night cycle is actually dragging out an already tedious grind for me and it's not like I actually have much else to do being mr24...

54 minutes ago, TomCat86 said:

Who really thought more grind was a good idea? This game is grindy enough..

The person who thought this was a good idea is the person who noticed that some players are running out of stuff to grind.

Seriously. I have every single non-exclusive weapon in the game (except the newer primes, usually). All Warframes.

I am almost sorry that my grind for the Amp is finished (as I have the Amp I want with a rank 10 Arcane on it). "Fortunately" I still have the Arcanes for the operator and for the Zaws to grind.

24 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

For amps... it's shwaak/pencha/jutni. You can use https://semlar.com/ampcalc, but it's gonna be shwaak/pencha/jutni.

Shwaak Prism and Pencha Scaffold make for a nice, versatile weapon with good damage that won't actually kill you.

I prefer the Clapkra Brace as 1. more energy works for me and 2. it's nicer to look at. The Lohrin Brace is practically worthless though.

19 minutes ago, kyori said:

Less grind = game dies

too much grind and people don't bother with it....there needs to be a 'balance' between grind and actually being able to get the items. 

As I said I can't even do it most of the time because it's not night time, that's not a grind issue, that's an issue with even being able to do the grind and I'm sure I'm not the only in this situation. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

too much grind and people don't bother with it....there needs to be a 'balance' between grind and actually being able to get the items. 

As I said I can't even do it most of the time because it's not night time, that's not a grind issue, that's an issue with even being able to do the grind and I'm sure I'm not the only in this situation. 

DE doesn't share the same view as you.

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Thats about as empty a statement as "nerf all the top tiers and buff all the bottom tiers". Its logical and true but doesn't have any weight nor brings anything to the table.

If you have a sound idea that keeps both hardcore and casuals relevant and content lets hear it.

Well. I have two riven zaws. One does 1-5 milion damage. Other has 15-20m range.

Only two melee weapons I ever need.

Can last me 2h in to survival and still instakill.

Quils vigor arcanes give me 1250 hp operator, with shotgun like amp that does 10k void damage. By no means great, but good enough for entire starchart.

What other content gives you such power?

4 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Thats about as empty a statement as "nerf all the top tiers and buff all the bottom tiers". Its logical and true but doesn't have any weight nor brings anything to the table.

If you have a sound idea that keeps both hardcore and casuals relevant and content lets hear it.

If you would have read the entire thread and not selectively quoted my post you'd have seen this is basically already covered but to make it simple for you....

How about making an 'always night time' cetus link for players that specifically want to go after the eidolons to work on their quills standing, which would still have it's daily limits, rather than restricting access to the eidolons to just the night cycle.  Because of the duration based aspect of day/night players don't always get online when it's night time and this actually draws out the process of getting cores. 

My personal experience is one where it is very rarely night time when I have a chance to play the game...if it's not night time, how exactly am I supposed to progress my quill standing seeing as it's entirely tied to night cycle.  By adding a 'night cycle' option to the login it will allow players to get access to the eidolons whenever they want to. 

It's only going to get worse in the future because it looks like the next set of eidolons are going to add rng into which one actually spawns...rain (code name references rain on one of them so it's pretty obvious how it's triggered) is 'rng' in as much you don't know when it's going to happen.

Edited by LSG501

On 10. 1. 2018 at 1:56 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

I dont believe you.

I'll provide screenshots when I get to play.. Essentially its a combination of high crit chance, high crit damage *6x + blood rush and soon around 3x multiplier, making like 36x or even 216x crits every few hits, once multiplier goes to 4x, 1296x damage, on a 4x base damage... And that is with a Nekros Prime.. When I slide around with Banshe or Chroma... Damage numbers become eye watering.

That is what zaws can do. And I am certain people have even better rivens.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, TheGoodDarius said:

Amps are basically just fancy weapons, you can go without problems just using the standard one, but the Zaws are pretty damn good, plus you can make them how you want, and if you worry about the stats and parts, there are plenty of builds and data tables that tell you want kind of weapon you get

Umm, no... The mote amp is litterally the worse weapon in warframe imho. Low dmg and a clip that's depleted in a split second, it's not even capable of wiping more than one target without having to wait for the reload time.

il y a 11 minutes, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra a dit :

Umm, no... The mote amp is litterally the worse weapon in warframe imho. Low dmg and a clip that's depleted in a split second, it's not even capable of wiping more than one target without having to wait for the reload time.

All Amp are bad weapons. Their only use it's for the Eidolon hunts and the difference between the mote and the top one is minimal, you can do the hunts with the mote without too much problems

4 hours ago, Eljureo said:

I'll provide screenshots when I get to play.. Essentially its a combination of high crit chance, high crit damage *6x + blood rush and soon around 3x multiplier, making like 36x or even 216x crits every few hits, once multiplier goes to 4x, 1296x damage, on a 4x base damage... And that is with a Nekros Prime.. When I slide around with Banshe or Chroma... Damage numbers become eye watering.

That is what zaws can do. And I am certain people have even better rivens.

I'm not sure that's how the multipliers stack.  That said, I also have a diabolical Cyath Riven (slide crit, crit chance and slash damage), so I know how well they can perform.

As to the OP, I also feel there are issues with standing acquisition.  Really, I'd just like cores to drop from the Sentients out at Lua.  We have a shot at cores from other Sentient types, so why not, right?  That would do wonders for Quills rep gain.

My gilded Shwaak / Pencha / Clapkra Amp does decent damage vs level 30 enemies...but honestly that's not saying too much.

If you intend to actually use them in regular missions, stick to Spy / Exterminate. They lack the reach, power, and recharge to effectively deal with mobs.

That being said, they really are a niche weapon class - only useful for dealing with Teralysts and Vomvalysts and not even regular Sentients.