Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.9.0

[DE]Megan

DE, please, PLEASE stop shelving Umbra.

For TWO YEARS you've been saying it's coming. Either drop it or finish it, because at this point it feels like you're just pushing it aside for all the new shinies like Plains of Eidolon, and subsequently Plains of Venus.

So the secound Corinth reload related fix... and the main issue with only reloading 1shot if the last is shot with the alt fire is still not fixed <.< was hopeful when i read the patchnotes this time :(

Also Novas "Escape Velocity" agument for Wormhole only apply energy color for the host, so for clients on the speed boost is always yellow

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Converted the Quartakk to a burst fire that fires all 4 rounds at the same time instead of a semi auto that fires 4 bullets per shot.
  • Increased fire rate from 6.32 to 12.67.
  • Increased Accuracy from 58.8 to 90.9.
  • Reduced damage from 51 to 27.

But why did you need to nerf the damage? We are back at square one. The status might be fixed now but now the damage is too low to be useable.

On 17/01/2018 at 10:31 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Quartakk Changes:

• Converted the Quartakk to a burst fire that fires all 4 rounds at the same time instead of a semi auto that fires 4 bullets per shot.
  • Increased fire rate from 6.32 to 12.67.
  • Increased Accuracy from 58.8 to 90.9.
  • Reduced damage from 51 to 27.

I liked the Quartakk before, but now, it is so much better. TY :)

Before this buff, it was roughly as strong as my Latron Prime with a Riven. Now this thing blows my Latron out of the water. With only 2 forma, I can take out 6 level 130 Heavy Gunners before they can walk over and kill me.

In case anyone is wondering why this is a buff even though it looks like the damage went down:

• Burst fire makes taking down the Nullifier bubbles a lot easier because each trigger pull counts as four shots instead of just one to the bubble.
  • The fire rate doubled. (You need to divide the fire rate by four to get the actual fire rate)
  • The damage is slightly more than half the original damage, so it got a slight DPs buff. The multiple statuses per trigger pull makes up for the loss in damage per bullet though. You get more slash procs, a got amount of impact procs to hold enemies back,  and it is very easy to strip armour with corrosive.

15 minutes ago, LifeNine said:

• The damage more than doubled. The 51 damage in semi-auto fire mode had to be divided by four to get the damage per shot fired. Now that it is burst fire, the damage is actually 27 per shot fire.

This is... Not quite accurate. The old combined damage value was actually 204. So it was actually 51 damage per bullet before. The damage now is thus just above half what it was before, though the fire rate is double so it breaks about even in DPS.

11 hours ago, Garfieldcfninjaman said:

I think the damage actually got buffed, as I believe the original damage listed was the damage of all 4 projectiles combined, but I could be wrong

It has been buffed. 27*4 = 108, way beyond 51 dmg. This was a great buff, not a nerf. Would you really expect DE to leave 51 dmg per shot? That would be a 204, it's too much :D

After the update i encountered many Infested Ancients who were stuck in their attack animation after I killed them.

I was using a newly build Polearm Zaw with Exodia Force and Inaros.

Also Exodia Force is doing little to no damage. It says 150% of weapon damage but is only doing like 50-200 on a fully modded weapon. Is the Arcane working as intended? Or is a fix for this making progress?

46 minutes ago, Ernestasx said:

It has been buffed. 27*4 = 108, way beyond 51 dmg. This was a great buff, not a nerf. Would you really expect DE to leave 51 dmg per shot? That would be a 204, it's too much :D

Actually, if they had left the damage where it was, it would have been at around 640 DPS. Which is a bit high given the other features of the weapon, but isn't *that* out of proportion. To put it in perspective, the Boar Prime has a couple hundred more base DPS than that. 

Rifles on average are pretty far behind other weapon types in terms of damage, especially Shotguns, a few of which easily break 1000 base DPS (the Vaykor Hek breaking a whopping 1500, with good crit no less). Even the Corinth is over 500 on its primary fire, despite having a huge AoE RPG as a secondary shot. Most rifles probably *should* be doing lower base damage, given they tend to have better crit, status, range, reload, etc. but not as much lower as they currently are.

If it was my call, I'd just crank the damage of the Quartakk up to somewhere a bit below the Sybaris Prime, given that the SP is one of the few legitimately good rifles in the game, and just use that as a general benchmark going forward. I don't think they'll do that, though, even if the MR is comparable on the two weapons, as aside from a few exceptions the devs seem content with making Grineer weapons sub-par.

2 hours ago, -ECHO-Akrasiel.VI said:

Hey. I bought the new Tennogen Polearm Skin, Polearm Phorcys Skin, and it seems it is no applyable on Zaw polearms. Was it intended like that or will it be fixed?

as of right now NONE of the zaws can use skins. sadly.

Archived