Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's resonating quake

(XBOX)MadAsmodeus

Banshee's resonating quake should not be touched. As it stands now Banshee is a support unit only powerful at low level defensive missions. Besides the fact that her nuking build makes her extremely vulnerable when she is not using Sound Quake or Silence. As soon as I heard Resonating Quake was getting a rework (which in most games means nerfed) I heard some moron typing in chat "you're taking all the kills". If she is only powerful up to rounds/minute 15, she is not over powered. A nukeshee needs to focus on placement and energy management. I love when there is a good Banshee in the group because it means we can go a bit longer then average and there arnt many good Banshees (in my experience on Xbox). Most just enter into a game stand at a bad position Sound Quake for 10-15 rounds/minutes and leave.

They said that the augment will be changed because it gets boring, not because it is overpowered. I am worried too about the change since banshee is very good for farming closed tileset missions.

We should wait and see how they plan to change it first.

Edited by Danny.M
typo

As a banshee main, im quite happy Resonating Quaking is getting nerfed. While they're at it, they can nerf the energy drain for SQ too.

Hopefully people actually start to play with the frame, rather than abusing it's ability. You can tell who the people are, who are running the frame for cheesing, quite easily with a  quick glance at their in-game profile... and also the fact they run really weird builds for SQ (like, why do you even have Energy Siphon equipped?)

I once saw a guy ask other people to drop pizza's for him... bring your own, guy :facepalm:

So, yeah. I for one have no issue with any change to RQ.

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MadAsmodeus said:

As it stands now Banshee is a support unit only powerful at low level defensive missions. 

You haven't played with the frame enough then...

If you are going to go long in an endless mission (old void key long) you take a banshee with you.

Sorties are no issue for banshee. 

Edited by MillbrookWest

Come on bruh, we all knew it was coming. Sitting in one place killing stuff is one of the worst game designs ever 

At least ember can freaking move, and now ash can use his BS without staying locked in it 

That augment is broken and it needs fixing.....energy management? You’re kidding right? Ppl just pop some pizzas or get an ev (which is also broken...but that’s for later), there’s no management to be done

4 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

As a banshee main, im quite happy Resonating Quaking is getting nerfed. While they're at it, they can nerf the energy drain for SQ too.

Hopefully people actually start to play with the frame, rather than abusing it's ability. You can tell who the people are, who are running the frame for cheesing, quite easily with a  quick glance at their in-game profile... and also the fact they run really weird builds for SQ (like, why do you even have Energy Siphon equipped?)

I once saw a guy ask other people to drop pizza's for him... bring your own, guy :facepalm:

If you are going to go long in an endless mission (old void key long) you take a banshee with you.

As someone with Bashee as their third most used frame (after Excalibur and Zephyr) I approve of this and personally only use SoundQuake when an area ''needs'' to be locked down, for example an ally in bleedout state with too many enemies around to deal with before they die (and me just not feeling like using Sonic Boom instead).

Banshee is one of my favorite frames. and i cant be happier that her Ult is getting a rework as it is EXTREMELY boring to play with that. you press a button, finish your cup of coffee then press that button again. You can go to kitchen and come back with burger and press it again... thats not playing...
I need more interactive playstyle involving her dps ability

I used to use nothing but RQ Banshee On hydron and bere for MONTHS. I am ecstatic that it’s finally getting a rework.

Sure, it’s powerful, but it’s really boring and it makes the game less fun for your teammates. It’s basically old miasma or old Polarize with a higher drain.

I was in a sortie defense with a RQ Banshee. Let me tell you, it’s really boring. I went in with my Mesa hoping to crack some skulls for ~5 minutes. Instead, I was stuck in that defense for 30 minutes because of a RQ Banshee that didn’t understand the frame.

Tbh, nowadays when I play Banshee I use a resonance build instead for dps leagues ahead of my soundquake build.

5 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)MadAsmodeus said:

As it stands now Banshee is a support unit only powerful at low level defensive missions. 

I couldn't say it better myself. Banshee is my favorite frame too and while I'm glad that Resonating Quake is getting nerfed. I couldn't help but wanting more, specificly changing her soundquake to something else entirely. As of now, that ability is useless to me.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)MadAsmodeus said:

This line causes me such physical and mental stress. 

Also they should really just replace Resonating Quake. It's just a bad mod that enforces an awful form of gameplay.... Or even replace SQ. Because meh.

Just going to put an idea out there, because it's important to note;

The same build you use for Resonating Quake can instead be used for Resonance Sonar, just swap the augment. Now why would you do that? Because, and here's a really nice trick, you can then use a Speed Nova to make all the enemies run towards the objective really fast, while covering every one of them in Sonar casts. This means you could take a Mk-1 Lato to Sortie and still kill enemies.

I play Zephyr for preference and have a 45 second Turbulence (because I use Jet Stream). This is an important note because the last time I met somebody using the Resonance Banshee and Speed Nova combo, we finished five waves of Defense in the time I'd cast Turbulence 4 times. Less than 45 seconds per wave.

And why is that even more impressive? Because all the loot, energy and ammo are piled up in a neat ring around the objective where players can go pick them up, and not in the little hidey-holes enemies spawn in.

And why is that more fun? Because we were actually killing the enemies, not sitting there watching Banshee on her hands and knees contemplating the meaning of the AFK Timer while we had our proverbial thumbs up our backsides.

Try it sometime, because Banshee is more than just Soundquake. And who knows, the rework may actually make Soundquake a better ability for the rest of the game, not lock her in place and do nothing all through the mission.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until the final product is shown. Besides, it's not like SQ is her only ability. Her entire kit is pretty gosh darn powerful at any level. And if you want to take her as a SQ support in lower levels you still can, it does a good amount of damage and still keeps enemies away

Personally, Resonating Quake was fun on old Draco where the adds just swamped in and there was a high likelihood of getting yourself killed on that map due to the density of spawns and the open areas with no cover. It’s abusive, but it stepped up what was lacking in Soundquake as a dps ability. Soundquake was always used for CC lockdown that barely made any kills, the augment boosted it’s Power Strength to provide that void in the base ability.

Over time, especially during and after the Nightwatch Corps event and the rework on the Uranus tileset, I stopped using Resonating Quake as a Banshee build. It’s effective at what it does, but from my perspective if you’re a true Banshee main or adamant in learning how to unlock Banshee’s true potential, you have/had to learn how to use Banshee as a melee Savage Silence wrecker or Resonance Sonar sniper (or if you’re like me, use both augments in one build). 

After running Banshee as a Savage Silence Resonance Sonar hack-&-slasher for close to 2 years, further emphasizing it after Banshee Prime got released, I haven’t really touched Resonating Quake since. It really felt like a coming-of-age realization when you figure out that there’s more to Banshee than just her ult if you learn how to play with Sonar and Silence, and purely having the confidence in running solo missions with her.

6 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Agree with u.. I somehow able to use banshee on 100 level sortie ...

vor 7 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)MadAsmodeus:

Banshee's resonating quake should not be touched.

As an avid Banshee player: It should very much be touched. I fully agree with DE that Resonating Quake and - by extension - Sound Quake in general is boring as drek. HOWEVER! I don't think that simply changing the numbers on the augment is the solution to this problem. What they should do instead is take the augment, or perhaps even the whole ability back to the drawing table and see if they can't change it into something entirely different.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

As an avid Banshee player: It should very much be touched. I fully agree with DE that Resonating Quake and - by extension - Sound Quake in general is boring as drek. HOWEVER! I don't think that simply changing the numbers on the augment is the solution to this problem. What they should do instead is take the augment, or perhaps even the whole ability back to the drawing table and see if they can't change it into something entirely different.

Yeah who knows maybe we will end up with Timestop Banshee instead :P 

10 hours ago, Danny.M said:

They said that the augment will be changed because it gets boring, not because it is overpowered. I am worried too about the change since banshee is very good for farming closed tileset missions.

We should wait and see how they plan to change it first.

Over my 4 years of playing this game I've seen this pattern over and over again. Don't get your hopes up.
The good changes to frames always come in the form of dedicated look at the frame specificly. (see the Excaliber and Oberon rework for example)
The kind of changes that happen as a result of popular affintiy farming methods have al been a terrible bitter pill to swallow.(Viver-gate being the most prominent example)

I do agree that sitting on one spot with banshee is quite boring, but this is a symptom of a bigger issue: Focus gain rates.
It's like putting a plaster on festering wound that needs cleaning, stitching and bandaging.
It's also not gonna change anything, Banshee will be replaced by another frame capable of wiping small maps in a short amount of time and the focus farm will continue.
The only result is gonna be more frustration for people who want to get their Focus farming done in a doable way so they can enjoy other parts of the game.

If they nerf RQ they should rework Whole Banshee. This frame is really broken by  having terrible energy with itself: Skills and stats do not encourage any good style of gameplay but using RQ for focus or AF farm.

She can be abused at low lvl but when it comes to shorties shes just a CC not benefiting much herself.

So if they nerf RQ ( Duno details mby its a good nerf)
However if they make it really bad... Banshee will be in trashcan.

If they completly replaced her Silence and first ability to make banshee more about her Sonar therefore making Banshee more about gun play.
She would comeback with new builds more often used than RQ channeling chat room free affinity hack.