Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.4

[DE]Megan

• Defense from 10 waves to 5 waves
  • Survival from 10 minutes to 5 minutes
  • Interception from 2 rounds to 1 round
  • Excavation from 1000 Cryotic to 500 Cryotic

Most sensible change in here.  I feel like I purposely avoided doing these missions because of the time investment... doing half an hour of grind for a single mutagen sample?  Just wasn't worth it before.  Now that it's about half the time I can see this being worthwhile to grind out the last few weapons I need to make.  

For the record though:  why would I ever use a beam weapon with this change?  Also, please fix ember, your "fix" did nothing since we can still spam 4 on and off and that doesn't fix the ember nuke the world issue at low levels, and it also makes her suck at pretty much everything.  The reduced range to make her worthwhile in sorties just makes her less survivable.  It's a pile of crap nerf that puts one of the most useful frames into the back of the closet never to come out.  There was literally a handful of frames worth using and with her out of rotation it limits options even further on what's actually useful to play.

il y a 5 minutes, CopyCatLane a dit :

It will be elemental opticor with staticor . 

opticor has a range of 600 meters, will be 35+, but a thick beam, like in the video 

and charging from the rate of fire in the drain of 70 shells in 5.8 seconds

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

That was a bug??? I was sure you meant it ramped up from when you started firing the weapon, which I had no qualms or questions with.

But per target? That, I do question. And am rather annoyed about.

@[DE]Megan

Please consider different beam weapons being given different ramp up times. Perhaps the Amprex needed this nerf to balance out its incredible crowd clearing ability, but weapons like the Flux Rifle will suffer terribly from it. People were complaining that beam weapons felt too similar -- this is the perfect opportunity to make them feel different by having different ramp up times. You have just taken a sledgehammer to something that needed a scalpel.

Things that need to be addressed:

Defense buff for Ember, spamming Accelerant just isn't reasonable when she's built to buff weapon damage

Useless single stat Status Chance mods

Self-buffs needing to be recastable before they end, across the board

Pet survivability being entirely dependent on frame choice, making them largely unusable

Endless missions running counter to the ideology of promoting active play, with Survival's poor spawn system, Defense/Interception's stationary combat.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Invasion Changes:
With the precedent already set from Fissure missions for rewarding per normal endless cycle, Invasions felt strenuous due to their lengthy mission completion requirements. Considering there are other “faster” mission types available to get your reward and get out, it was time to cut back a bit on the way 'endless' variants work within the system. As a result, the following mission completion requirements have been scaled back: 

• Defense from 10 waves to 5 waves
  • Survival from 10 minutes to 5 minutes
  • Interception from 2 rounds to 1 round
  • Excavation from 1000 Cryotic to 500 Cryotic

If that's the reasoning for changing invasion endless missions lengths, then why not do it to alerts and syndicate missions as well? 

4 minutes ago, CapnToaster said:

@[DE]Megan

Please consider different beam weapons being given different ramp up times. Perhaps the Amprex needed this nerf to balance out its incredible crowd clearing ability, but weapons like the Flux Rifle will suffer terribly from it. People were complaining that beam weapons felt too similar -- this is the perfect opportunity to make them feel different by having different ramp up times.

While I don't feel that the change is too detrimental I do think that different ramp up times would be cool.

"You get paid the same for doing less work, too! That's how the real world works, right?"

Reduces the grinding. Still shoves it on players faces with sarcasm. Really DE? Just revert it back to how it was then.

[inb4 someone doesn't get it, just to be sure, below this line there will be only sarcasm]

No, better! Make it 2000 Cryotic, 30 minutes, 30 waves, and 5 Interceptions! While doing it too, also increases the requirements for rotations! Make it 300 Cryo for a reward (also, 50 per excavation, not 100... 100 is too much!), make it 10 waves, and make it 10 minutes! Not to mention, Interception should also take at least twice as longer. But that would unbalance with extermination and capture. So make it no less than 400 kills on extermination, and make the capture target have 100x as much health, and spawn 3 different ones running in complete different directions. And, of course, make it for all missions, not only invasions!

Yes, that's how games should be, right? EA did nothing wrong with Battlefront 2, they are righteous on the path towards making gaming a "work of sweat and tears"! Because nothing says more "I'm a great player" than "I spent over a thousand hours playing this game", instead of "I learned the mechanics and the game now gives me an easy time on tasks that were arduous before". Yes, gimme more of that grinding, because nothing helps out more my anxiety than small, not-mind-consuming, repetitive tasks with small gratifications! Not that it will solve it, but it makes me forget, so it's enough, right?

Yes, that's how we like it! No, we LOVE IT, since it's a LABOR OF LOVE, right? Turn those "lazy frames" that require fine-tuning to be turned into room-cleaners into spamming machines "because AFK focus farming" or "because it reduces the enjoyment for new players when a single frame kills everything that isn't even in sight before they can even be spotted". As if those focus conversion rates don't already require hours and hours of grinding towards that cap, and not like Eidolon give much better rewards that not only don't count towards the cap BUT also can be put ANYWHERE. And as if crouch sliding Atterax/Secura Lecta players couldn't do the same. Right? I need more gratification for spamming buttons! Having an unbalance mod that can turn any status-centered melee into a crouch+click killing machine is okay to clear rooms, because it requires more clicking and spamming. And there isn't nowhere near enough am I right?!?

Yeah, DE, you'll take this game into a great place! Please, keep up the great work!!! LOVED THE UPDATE!!!!!

The new beam weapon mechanic feels rather bizarre. You have to build up damage every time you move your crosshairs to another enemy, even if you're just switching back and forth between two enemies. It's like the game is punishing you for switching targets and kind of defeats the purpose of weapons like Ignis which are supposed to be used against crowds. Does a spray of burning gas really need to stop and think every time it encounters a new creature?

Maybe if you made beam weapons too strong then you should just reduce their base damage or ammo economy. I think it's better to just call things by the name rather than try to pass them as a "fix" or "rework".

vor 3 Minuten schrieb -QUILL_PETER-:

That's great, but the Primary fire needs to do that that too. Pretty please.

You are misunderstanding what it does, alt now literally sweeps back and forth continuously as long as you hold the trigger. If you make the primary do the same they are both identical.

8 minutes ago, CapnToaster said:

@[DE]Megan

Please consider different beam weapons being given different ramp up times. Perhaps the Amprex needed this nerf to balance out its incredible crowd clearing ability, but weapons like the Flux Rifle will suffer terribly from it. People were complaining that beam weapons felt too similar -- this is the perfect opportunity to make them feel different by having different ramp up times. You have just taken a sledgehammer to something that needed a scalpel.

I really like this idea, and actually think that's their current goal, but RN we're at the rough part where all they CAN do is swing the sledgehammer until they find the stuff they need to scapel. I'd love to see the Flux get some love. And a multibeam mode.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

Sounds like a fair fix but, i highly doubt it's intended for atomos and amprex arc-beams to deal pitiful damage? They almost completely lost their unique feature due to this. I hope this can get a further look at. Other than that, really nice beam weapon buffs!

Edit: Sorry but after further testing, i came to the conclusion that this is anything but fair. A "full-auto" weapon that needs to ramp up after every and each single target in a horde shooter? Sorry but in this case, snipers are objectively superior.

Archived