Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #109!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, SirBoglor said:

How's the melee rework coming along? Any updates?

They've addressed this during a recent devstream. From a high level, they're trying to figure out whether or not to go in a more character action type of melee (Bayonetta, Devil May Cry) and something more along the lines of Dynasty Warriors.They said it was still a long way off while they worked through this question.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XanderGalen said:

Just wanted to drop a sugestion for a new mission type.  How about a different type of spy mission that escalates?  Think the tenno operative that is sneaking around during a survival mission.  Objective is to remain as stealthy as possible while the "distraction" is happening.  Or perhaps just make the normal spy mission reward you for how well you do at not being detected, and for getting stealth kills.

There's already a stealth kill affinity bonus that stacks up to 500% on stealth kills while remaining undetected at increments of 100% bonuses. As for spy specific bonuses, if you open a vault undetected you get a 2x XP payout per vault.

The stealth kill chain is across all mission types so it also works in spies.

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

• Any progress on the Sentient arm replacement weapon? Since the first time I saw it I cant get images of a railgun mounted on my shoulder. Or heavy machinegun.
  • Can we please get some sort of heavy weapons in regular missions? For example, use the archwing weapons (with mobility penalty) in regular missions like temporary boost ability?
  • Dark sectors?  Rift rush? Any word on this would be nice.

Plains can use some improvements when it comes to visuals of dynamic weather in my personal opinion. I'd love to see gray or white cloudy skies appear when it begins to rain, because currently rain falls from seemingly no source at all while the sun is very visible. It'd also be nice to just see varying sky colors with no change in weather at all once in a while.

Do you think these are possible? I'd just really like to see some gray skies on the Plains, and if it can be implemented, that'd be awesome.

Question 1 :  Since Steve have been showing the new UI , i saw one for the Warframe upgrade.. Could we have there right next to armor a number for how much damage reduction that armor gives you.. Ex: Armor: 300 (30% damaga mitigation).

Question 2 : How the new particle system Steve is introducing impact our CPU's or GPU's?

Question 3 : Can we have a Riven balance every time we get a prime access? Every 3 months, you pull the weapon usage for each weapon category from the past 3 months and change the Riven disposition and goes from "Most used weapon with 0.5 and least used weapon with 1.5 disposition". With this Riven will be a system that really is kept..

Question 4 : Can we get on the codex, a button in each of the prime warframes that directs to the youtube prime trailer?

Thanks if you answer any of these questions!

Hello DE members, love the game I have a few questions I've wanted to ask.

Is it possible to have an option to choose select the focus school with want to use for a mission from the arsenal menu instead of going all the way to the operator or have them assigned to the loadout slot? . 

1. Since Kubrows and Kavats can move around the ship, when will Sentinels be able to do the same?.
  2. Since the Stalker got an upgrade any chance that the Zanuka and G3 will also get an upgrade?
  3. Some time Steve spoke about expanding on the Infested room/helminth and the cyst. I was wondering if that is still incoming?
  4. Seeing as how we've had a contest for melee weapons. Any chance for a contest to design other weapons classes or even frames?

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

I still refuse to let this slide, it was strictly insulting.

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

PC players from the time of that limitation's introduction deserved a fair and equally forewarned opportunity to get their grandfathered weapon and 'wing slots as console players. When will some sort of compensation be provided for this? Or at the very least a display of humility for the way it was handled?

Unanswered Questions:

Will you take another look at Ember, or at least reconsider the scale-down reduction of World on Fire's range statistic?

The range of the ability was average at best. There are plenty of abilities and weapons that can cover even greater radii with similar cost investments (epecially considering the intended increase to cost as well).

Mathematically speaking, you would need to provide an additional 800% multiplier (1600% after accounting for the cost increase) to damge for that to balance out the net 87.5% reduction in effective coverage. But we don't even want that, because it still leaves Firequake almost useless in the pathetic 7.5m radius you leave us with after the ramp-down.

You also cannot claim that its channeled nature is a special case - you stopped Blind Mirage for the same reasons as you altered Resonant Quake, and the fact Simulor users needed to click mindlessly over and over again didn't stop their gameplay effect from being undesirable either. Therefore, channeling is separate from the consideration of effective coverage.

Additionally, thanks to double-dipped power strength in using Accelerant, mitigating the downscaled range with Overextended makes Ember scale even worse than before, making the full complement a total failure to achieve the desired effect - without Accelerant necessary, Ember clears just as well, once it becomes necessary to include, the result is higher cost and still lesser effectiveness.

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo Rework for the QOL of High Consumption Weapons

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also had such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, eventually addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.

The Twin Rogga now exists for the other half of the equation - using nonpistol ammo, but in its normal amounts. Between the 'special' secondaries and the Rogga, tech is clearly in place to implement this rework in a full and sweeping manner. Any idea of when it might happen?
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up new balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation totally obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels?

7 minutes ago, nickcurcurato said:

There's already a stealth kill affinity bonus that stacks up to 500% on stealth kills while remaining undetected at increments of 100% bonuses. As for spy specific bonuses, if you open a vault undetected you get a 2x XP payout per vault.

The stealth kill chain is across all mission types so it also works in spies.

Thank you for clarifing, I should have made myself more clear.

Yes, Im aware of stealh multipliers. As a reward for kills that is great.  I should have said, reward drops, or something like a drop booster.  Or perhaps an added drop table with rare drops such as nitain for competeing mission undetected.  An incentive for using skill over strength or speed.  As a long time vet, who has everything I could want, (minus a few rivens and such) I am enjoying solo stealth missions more than anything else in the game right now.

• Will Khora's kavat be able to equip Kavat armour? This could be a deciding factor on whether I buy these prime accessories or not.
  • Will the old arcane helmets ever be made available again for a limited time?
  • Since Plague-Star has returned with all of it's rewards, will other events like Tethra's Doom, Mutalist Incursions, etc ever make a return? For new players to get the rewards and for long timers like me for nostalgia's sake.
  • Will the pet master of Cetus be seeing any new jobs with the pets 2.0?
  • Can the Hemocyte Cystoliths be mate to be offered as a donation to Nakak like syndicate medallions? I have way too much of them and my clan already has about 10 statues.
  • Warframe has seen lots of different ways in which warframes can provide support to a team. We have warframes that heal, buff, restore energy, etc. However the one support skill that has never been targeted directly is ammo regen, which is an odd thing to leave out. Do you think that you can consider this for future designs? (Maybe an augment for my boy Harrow? :D )
  • Any new augments in the works?
  • Steve Tweeted about The Sacrifice today. Any more info at the current time?
  • Are more weapons being considered for dual wielding? In particular Gunblades because they don't really get to see much love in terms of variety sadly
  • Big Katanas?

Now I know this may not be 100% related BUT @[DE]Rebecca do you think that you can organise a devstream with the programmers someday? It would be nice for them to give us their perspective on what they do in terms of tech, code, and how they attack problems. Giving such a tour would really give the community perspective for when you ask for their feedback over something like a rework or a game system. 

I have two questions.

My first one is, several devstreams ago, I cannot remember which one, but. Whats the status of those "Proto" skins that were shown a while back, at least 2 of them. A sawn off double barrel shotgun and a pistol skin, while there was 3 others that were mentioned to existing but not shown. Will there be anything about those in the up coming future?

My second question is, with how many tilesets there are that have...ruined rooms that are unique to them only, IE europa ice ship graveyard and infested derelicts, and some in the orokin derelict. Will there ever be a chance we could see some of the more unique rooms from those tilesets make an appearance in a pristine condition in their normal counterparts where they'd be seen undamaged?

Let me guess, you guys will talk about  captura’s new feature for like 20 min, then throw some jokes and silly answers like 15 min, then start giving some stuff that might not gonna happen, end with another jokes in the last 10 min.. at the end of the show, we got nothing new from it.. 

i’m not gonna bother to watch it..

9 minutes ago, ExtraTerramanndo said:

Hi, Simple Question, can we equip standard Longsword skins on Dual Swords?  I really really really want to play with a Dual Khopesh set and if not will we ever be able to make Dual Sword Zaws?  Like Dual Sword/Dagger Zaws?

Thanks for reading.

:3

You cant because they're using two different models.

Archived