Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A most Peculiar workshop.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, gibibi said:

Because people are too [Narrow Minded].

You're projecting.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)obligatedfool19 said:

why?

For myself? Because it does not fit the mood and the ruins the immersion into the game.

I like the generally somber feel and atmosphere that permeats most of Warframe, it is this feel and mood that got me hooked throughout the years. More silly and meta things such as Octavia's Anthem, Clem or seasonal gear (bunny ears and pumpkins) don't really do the thing for me, but I can get along with it as long as it remains temporary/on the fringes of the main composition.

These mods, however, push it too far. It is a blatant meta thing that is not temporary - these mods will not go away after a month like Bunny Ears. They are here to stay, and they clash too much with the rest of the game. It would be fitting in a more light-hearted or comedic setting, but for WF, they stick out like a sore thumb. WF has a very specific aesthetic and design feel, and these things are easily spoiled by additions that clash with them.

You can do just as much harm by additng too much as by not adding enough. These things looks like they are too much. They do not fit with the rest of the game and should not be there.

If the effects can be disabled, then I'm ok with this mods. Really don't want to see the dark world of Warframe full of memes, flowers and rainbows everywhere.

Or theses mods could add effects that are more in line with the game's theme:

-Infested weapons turning the enemy in a infested mass when they get killed

-Corpus weapons desintegrating enemies leaving only a skeleton or goo like Fallout's plasma and laser guns

- Grineer weapons exploding the enemy into pieces in a critical kill.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)obligatedfool19 said:

why?

Because these gimmicks will fade quickly, then only the trolls will use them, ultimately settling on the most annoying ones.

Rebecca already brought up one that yells something upon its activation, that already hits the top of my list for "most annoying" and they aren't even released yet. While, yes, for initial release they are only using one, when there's one, there will eventually be more.

Adding custom effects to your weapons can be appealing, but why don't start with fiery wave effects or something like Genji's energy dragon for melee? bullet trails or laser beams for firearms? Making flowers grow out of your enemy is quite a bad start to convince people about the potential of these mods.

The peculiar mods should have other effects too to support the cosmetics effects so it wouldn't be useless on weaps with low critical chance for example but with lower effectiveness than other mods since it's cosmetic mods.

I for one cannot wait for these mods.. honestly, 95% of the content doesn't require maxed builds. 1 mod slot to me, isn't a big deal.. as the game is pretty easy. I'd love to take off some mods and use this in fissures to have some fun.

I'm also not one to turn down some humor in this, the repetitive nature of Warframe can be wear one down, adding more laughs is always a good thing in my opinion.

Normally I try to keep myself from being too negative, but when you say we can't keep certain holiday accessories or certain Tennogen submissions are rejected because they "go against Warframe's art style," keep a bug that makes the Dominion Blade Skin ridiculously huge on the Zenistar because "some players find it fun," and then make this, I can't help but get upset, so I'm going to keep this short:

It's bad enough these are going to most likely dilute the drop table with Khora's parts, but you'd better give us the option to disable these effects so those of us who want Warframe to keep its art style don't have to put up with our immersion being broken by this pathetically late April Fools joke.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Because these gimmicks will fade quickly, then only the trolls will use them, ultimately settling on the most annoying ones.

Rebecca already brought up one that yells something upon its activation, that already hits the top of my list for "most annoying" and they aren't even released yet. While, yes, for initial release they are only using one, when there's one, there will eventually be more.

then the effects need to change. instead of flowers how about pillers of fire or ghostly hands that pull enemies that you finisher kill in to the ground

9 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

You're projecting.

For myself? Because it does not fit the mood and the ruins the immersion into the game.

I like the generally somber feel and atmosphere that permeats most of Warframe, it is this feel and mood that got me hooked throughout the years. More silly and meta things such as Octavia's Anthem, Clem or seasonal gear (bunny ears and pumpkins) don't really do the thing for me, but I can get along with it as long as it remains temporary/on the fringes of the main composition.

These mods, however, push it too far. It is a blatant meta thing that is not temporary - these mods will not go away after a month like Bunny Ears. They are here to stay, and they clash too much with the rest of the game. It would be fitting in a more light-hearted or comedic setting, but for WF, they stick out like a sore thumb. WF has a very specific aesthetic and design feel, and these things are easily spoiled by additions that clash with them.

You can do just as much harm by additng too much as by not adding enough. These things looks like they are too much. They do not fit with the rest of the game and should not be there.

i meant to reply to this but "then the effects need to change. instead of flowers how about pillers of fire or ghostly hands that pull enemies that you finisher kill in to the ground"

If I ever have spare space on a weapon and want to have fun....

...I'll just put in swap speed, so I can quickly swap to my sidearm and delay my reload.

Nobody cares about these mods, guys. At least ,not enough to actively farm for them. 

Nobody, NOBODY, is gonna care that you put flowers on your enemies when you crit them. This game is already a visual cluster#*!%, do you really think anyone is going to notice that? You yourselves were barely noticing the effects on stream.

If they really wanted to have a "cosmetic mod" for weapons, just add custom bullet tracers, muzzle flashes etc. I know people really liked that "lotus symbol" muzzle flash on the Dex Sybaris, do more of that?. You have those cool new particle effects, maybe try making bullet tracer effects out of those, so they have varied sparks when they hit the walls. I'd buy that from a player for some plat...

A single big flower growing from a dead body would look better.. Those mods probably will be better received and looked at if they are cosmetic animations on guns or enemys deaths.
Example : a mod that when you kill something with explosion damage , this enemy will implode to a single point and then explode in many pieces.

For me personally im a fan of the wackiness and absurdity of it. But im not a fan of veteran players getting put on the shelf. Im far from a veteran but i mean dont they deserve something for the effort and constant grinding in this game. As of right now they make teralysts look like a slice of cake, they blink through sorties and easily grind out primed weapons and frames. I was really hoping this gamemode with its increasing difficulty and it being endless would have more to offer than a mod that wastes a slot. I agree with one of the people above. That if it was like arcanes. Where you placed that peculiar effect in the slot but didnt waste space it would be perfect. But these players deserve a reason to play this or it will end up like the pvp mode. Other rewards havent been mentioned but as of right now i as a novice player am not favoring this reward at all. Im fine with the jokes and laughs it will bring but do not make them, and me, waste mod space on a unnecessary item such as these. Thats it for me hope something positive comes out.

Actually I'm against slots for peculiars.

There's no way DE will give an option to hide them, so, if players won't have to sacrifice a slot in the build...we'll see those mods everywhere.

Today that I haven't seen them yet I say I'm indifferent, but if I should start seeing them 40% of mission I think I would get annoyed.

Considering that this community is not safe from trolls and that I read around people (a minority, luckily) that just do things out to spite others, it could really damage the enjoyment of the game for some.

Dear DE, don't treat this lightly.

Also...I'm upset because there's a workshop about this, and not about archwings or potential hoverbikes on Venus XD

Personal wishlist/2 cents:

- Peculiar Mods use the Zaw Arcane system to be equipped on weapons, rather than the mod system. There's a lot of "must-have damage mods" already eating up space right now I feel and choosing between good looks and combat effectiveness in a game that otherwise separates those two things doesn't feel like a "good choice to make". There's lots of fun tradeoffs to be considered in Warframe, but I don't think this would be one of them.

- design direction changes away from "goofy" and towards effects that feel more Warframe-appropriate cosmetic effects. Like changing the color of elemental effects on melee weapon and its procs to that weapon's energy color, Warframes leaving a trail of infested "moss" (like the stuff right outside Helminth's room) if they're at full HP/Energy, etc.

I feel like this should be a cosmetic slot, and with less glaring visuals.  The Dex weapons have Lotus symbol muzzle flashes and that's a nice touch.  The Nukor makes body parts grow grotesquely large, and that suits the weapon's unique microwave beam.  Being able to equip particular peculiars that fit the aesthetics of weapons would be great.

My main problem is visuals getting in the way of me killing things.  Crit flowers on living targets are cute and all, but they're going to visually get in the way of me shooting that dude in the face even more.  Have a single flower grow up out of the corpse of an enemy damaged enough by a bio weapon, or having the corpse burst open and have little (purely visual) larva crawl out would be cool, or dissolving corpses into Simaris particles or creating Suda bursts or getting bloodthirsty-glitchy compliments from Ordis on crit headshots with Cephalon weapons and so on would be far less intrusive and not totally throw aesthetics out the window.

Hey, DE, Request? Please don't make them cost mod points. They're a great and cute idea. but in your own words you said "You have to battle through Onslaught to earn them" and "they take up a mod slot" I'd love to throw one on a low level weapon I'm levelling (for the fun of it) or even some of the more powerful weapons I have that I don't want/need to forma again to get another mod in. Those two requirements are already enough penalty, since they LITERALLY change your weapon in no way, they should be free (mod point wise) while instead costing a slot. Many builds that min/maxers and players alike use don't have that slot free, much less the mod points. And if you DO decide to go with "obscene cost" than PLEASE make them a "D" (Vazarin) polarity. There are only two mods that go in that slot usually (Cold damage and Status chance) and many weapons that have a base Vazarin polarity have NO use for those mods.

Is sad to hear that we will only have 1 peculiar mod as a test because some people don't want to use them if they don't add anything to a build, because it doesn't hurt anyone if i decide to "hinder" (as some people would say) my build in exchange for a meaningless novelty, I was excited about this because it opens a new avenue to customization but now it looks like this all could be terminated because some people might not use them. 

Just few questions:

Can we imagine "mods/arcanes/others" that will corrupt the Lotus visual and/or audio ?

Like replacing her with the Stalker's face, giving Tyl Regor's voice ... or even, if it's accepted (by the Devs & by the third party): grant personnal mods/arcanes/others for some personalities (TacticalPotato - Quite Shallow - etc etc...) ?

---I should also add that the changes will only influence the player equiped with the item, not the entire squad.

Archived