Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #110!

[DE]Rebecca

Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual suspects Geoff, Steve, Sheldon, and Scott!

What: Devstream #110 will bring a whole bunch of different things - updates and commentary on the recently released content, questions about future content, and so much more! Bring a comfy chair and maybe some popcorn, we've got lots to discuss and show! 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Zephyr Prime Access Pack!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, April 27th  at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, April 27th!

In Devstream 77 you said you wanted to find a special way to make the braton and lato vandal return. however you also stated that you wanted to honor those who originally purchased/played for the weapons in closed beta/open beta weekend.

Now, we have seen them return, and they have returned in such a way to where they won't be a super common weapon. however you have done nothing to honor those who originally had them. is there still plans for this? perhaps in the form of a skin or something else?

Would love to see any of these actually addressed:

Settings available for enabling/disabling Peculiar mods as not everyone actually wants to see them in their games...

• Enable All
  • Disable Audio Peculiars
  • Disable Visual Peculiars
  • Disable All

or how there's becoming less of a point to Onslaught...

• Way too many relics
    • These aren't rewards "for" veterans, just more relic fodder that only dilutes the drop table
    • Should have been "X% for ANY Relic of Y Tier" not individual percentages for each relic that only hurts the drop table
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for a HIGHER EFFICIENCY to SPEED UP the timer?
  • Focus gains were fine before, now Onslaught isn't worth it with the latest update
  • Priority should be on fixing the bugs (such as loss of items due to host migration) instead of reducing focus gains which is the only thing the mode really has
  • Not enough enemies
    • At a certain point, you're just waiting there for enemies to spawn, then you run out of efficiency even though there's nothing you could've done
    • Edit: Going to keep this section in, though did see the mention of spawns being fixed over in that new topic
  • Sentinels don't respawn
    • Considering everything is supposed to "refresh" per wave, sentinels stay dead
  • No real point to pushing beyond a full rotation, though lack of a reward for longer missions (and not having reward scaling is part of that) is an issue that affects the whole game

and how there's numerous other items that would be useful in getting people to replay Onslaught...

• Arcanes (So they are no longer locked behind one mode)
  • Kuva
  • Nitain Extract
  • Forma
  • Orokin Catalyst (possible as a 0.1% drop rate or a "special" item that cycles to something different each week)
  • Orokin Reactor (possible as a 0.1% drop rate or a "special" item that cycles to something different each week)

and lastly, how there's quite a few items that are still unrecoverable once sold; if something cannot be recovered (either as a blueprint or the full item similar to the MK-1s), then it should not have the option to be sold in the first place.

• Odonata
  • Imperator
  • Veritux
  • Azima
  • Zenistar
  • Zenith
  • Sigma & Octantis
  • and many others

Sidenote: Turn Vacuum into an infinite gear item, appeases both the side that wants universal vacuum and those that don't.

Why is there an explicit desire on DE's side to throttle how long people can stay in an Onslaught mission, when there's not any reason for people to try to endurance run it besides personal challenge to begin with? There's no exploitative exponential growth of rewards, so I'm not sure where any possible harm would come from people staying in longer than they need to for the sake of pushing themselves. But it sounds like you SPECIFICALLY want that to not be done?

Are the elite onslaught relic drop tables going to be readdressed again? The current state of them is very poor with a very minimal chance at the axi relics only in rotation C. If they could be separated for just lith/meso in A, then Neo in B and just Axi in C that would be much fairer on players and would lead to less dilution of the two rotations that players care most about.

1. Can the Gunsen stance be altered to be “Dual Glaives”/ Chakrams?
    • As much as I love the Gunsen, their unique appearance is dulled by having the functionality of dual swords with fanning. Is it possible to rework the stance into “Chakrams” so that they function more like “Dual Glaives” as opposed to dual swords? The original stance need not go to waste, it could be used for dual daggers or swords.
  2. Will infested weaponry ever get variants? Will we ever get an Infested Archwing?: 
    •     Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno weapons have all been graced with upgrades, why not infestation?
  3. Is it possible to change the Login 850 reward to a choice between rivens?
  4. Will we see the return to Artax rivens (the “rarity” is out of hand)?
  5. Can Syndicate Sigils give experience based on Syndicate rank instead of being sigil dependant?: 
    •     This has been a minor issue for a while, but a rehash of a problem involving cosmetics being limited by functionality. Currently each individual syndicate sigil has a separate experience value, is it possible to have the experience based on the syndicate rank (since it’s technically doing that anyway) rather than which sigil is being used?
  6. Can we free the condrocs from their cages (Will we see a bird companion anytime soon)!?: 
    •     I want all the bird, without the look of smuggling.
  7. Is it possible to bring the return of the Granmu Prism fire rate reset via Void Blast?: 
    •     It was an exploit that brought an interesting level of timing and activity to Eidolon Hunts similar to what you’d see in fighting games (or DMC combos). Something that used energy from both operator pools and had slight levels of proficiency.
  8. Can we see vomvalysts spawn WITH the Teralyst instead of adding RNG (vomvalyst spawn rate and position) to time spent hunting? (Would also be nice to see vomvalysts that spawn far away make their way to the mommalyst when players damage it): 
    •     I find this to be one of the things that make Eidolon Hunts truly tedious. There’s no skill involved; it seems like an unnecessary slow down. Three vomvalysts should just spawn with the Teralyst. It would also be nice to have the vomvalysts react (from a larger distance) to Eidolons in the area. Many times I’m baffled at the number of vomvalysts off playing with grineer and lures while their mommalyst is screaming.
  9. Do you think we’ll see a ship Air Support to call in Arch-Rifles or Melees in/outside of the Plains?
    •     Sometimes a Tenno just wants to have an oversized scythe and chop enemies to pieces (Even if temporarily).
  10. Will we see return of “Hold 5?” 
    • I would like to see this replace channeling as a form of “Hyper Transference” to give our warframes cool abilities based on our focus school.

<3 to the team as always :3

How have you guys been writing Warframe's story? Every now and again something will get retconned in the warframe lore like how the frames themselves used to talk if I remember correctly. 

So do you have a pdf saved somewhere with all of warframe's lore up to a point and you've been piece-mealing it out. Or are you making it up as you go along, being careful not to contradict previous lore points?

I would like to know if there are any thoughts on scaling Kuva rewards, I would love to do endurance runs of Kuva but currently there is no reason to go over 20-30 minutes and it even can punish as you might miss Kuva Floods if you go too long.

I have two questions.

My first one is from many devstreams ago, I cannot remember which one, but. Whats the status of those "Proto" skins that were shown a while back, 2 of them were shown on a devstream. A sawn off double barrel shotgun and a pistol skin, while there was 3 others that were mentioned to being part of the set but not shown. Will there be anything about those in the up coming future?

My second question is, with how many tilesets there are that have...ruined rooms that are unique to them only, IE europa ice ship graveyard and infested derelicts, and some in the orokin derelict. Will there ever be a chance we could see some of the more unique rooms from those tilesets make an appearance in a pristine condition in their normal counterparts where they'd be seen undamaged?

Archived